Super Street Fighter IV Fightstick - $131.99 at Amazon

Only the white 360 one on sale. I'm tempted to switch my pre-order over to the white one...

The black PS3 one is $131.59.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSUHitman']Still interesting that the MSRP on these seem to be $10-$20 cheaper than the original ones when they launched.[/QUOTE]

MSRP is the same. For some reason Amazon's lowering their price already.

I asked this already a little while ago, but I never really got a definitive answer. I was thinking about getting this or the regular SF4 TE. From what I heard the old SF4 TE stick (the actual stick itself) has a longer neck and the base of the fightstick itself is much bigger.

I am a big guy, 6'6" and close to 300 lbs, so I need my room. Are the rumors I heard true or are the two sticks generally the same?

[quote name='distgfx']Worth noting that one's sold by buy.com, never had a good experience with them. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Check again on the far right. There is an option to buy the black PS3 version from Amazon and it is at $138.59 even though the page defaults for buy.com. About $7 more than buy.com or the white 360 version but it is an option. I just bought one right now. Thanks OP!

[quote name='panzerfaust']is there any point in paying more for the Super when the TE is cheaper now?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it has more features and a new/better PCB.

[quote name='distgfx']Yes, it has more features and a new/better PCB.[/QUOTE]

You see, this is my problem. I like that the Super 4 stick has better features, but the stick neck looks so short. Also, is the Super 4 stick easy to customize with art and stuff as well?

Doh! This is the part where I think "gee, I ought to buy one of these" and then go "ARGH! WHICH ONE!?!"

I'm sort of thinking of standardizing on Xbox, but at the same time, I don't want to pay for online, and actually own all my fighting games for Playstation 1 or 3.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Doh! This is the part where I think "gee, I ought to buy one of these" and then go "ARGH! WHICH ONE!?!"

I'm sort of thinking of standardizing on Xbox, but at the same time, I don't want to pay for online, and actually own all my fighting games for Playstation 1 or 3.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 install base is getting larger so it may be a good time to leave the dark side =p

[quote name='Wolfpup']Doh! This is the part where I think "gee, I ought to buy one of these" and then go "ARGH! WHICH ONE!?!"

I'm sort of thinking of standardizing on Xbox, but at the same time, I don't want to pay for online, and actually own all my fighting games for Playstation 1 or 3.[/QUOTE]
I've heard rumors these sticks can be modded to be cross platform, and it can be DIY...y

It would be sweet to do, not sure if I'm savvy enough to get it done :p

[quote name='Gillumz']I've heard rumors these sticks can be modded to be cross platform, and it can be DIY...y

It would be sweet to do, not sure if I'm savvy enough to get it done :p[/QUOTE]

Yes it can be done. Tons of ppl are dual modding em' ;)

[quote name='Rainydays']You see, this is my problem. I like that the Super 4 stick has better features, but the stick neck looks so short. Also, is the Super 4 stick easy to customize with art and stuff as well?[/QUOTE]

The stick height is the same. And yes, it is just as mod friendly.

Don't take my word for it though. It's not like I made these things or anything like that. ;)

The GoGamer Fightpad deal sounds sweet, but buyer beware if you're picking up a PS3 pad. The wireless connection will fail at some point (I've gone through two myself). Not sure if the Round 2 pads have the same problem.

Not sure what's up with Madcatz and their choice of artwork, it just seems so lazy on their TE's. Only ones that had artwork not worth replacing was the Femme Fatale and MvC2 stick.

I bought an HRAP EX-SE a few months ago and prefer it over my TE for the most part, even with $185 gamestop credit w/ most pre-orders paid off, I think I'll pass.

I like this newest artwork, and I guess the Marvel one better than the others, but still not crazy about it. Mainly that's probably because I dislike SF4's graphics though.

[quote name='distgfx']Yes, it has more features and a new/better PCB.[/QUOTE]

What features?

I'm still waiting for Round 2s to hit $99.

[quote name='OGHowie']What features?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'd like to know this too. Someone mentioned a better PCB, but what else? The Amazon description doesn't really say and I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading from my TE stick.

I think the biggest addition is you can lock the start/select buttons in the same way you can lock the turbo and home buttons.

[quote name='Scottv007']I think the biggest addition is you can lock the start/select buttons in the same way you can lock the turbo and home buttons.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I believe that is true. The SSFIV lock switch controls all three buttons instead of just the home button. Unless you want to solder the start/select(back) to the lock switch on the old R1/R2 TEs

[quote name='MarkMan']
The stick height is the same. And yes, it is just as mod friendly.

Don't take my word for it though. It's not like I made these things or anything like that. ;)[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Excellent! Just ordered the black PS3 SSFIV stick.

[quote name='Armads']Not sure what's up with Madcatz and their choice of artwork, it just seems so lazy on their TE's. Only ones that had artwork not worth replacing was the Femme Fatale and MvC2 stick.
[/QUOTE]

Good thing Art isn't subjective or anything. ;)

[quote name='oasisboy']If only this stick would work with PS2 games on a backwards compatible PS3... if only...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when SF IV came out I ended up buying the HRAP3 stick and modded it with sanwa buttons just because it worked on PS2 games on a BC PS3 even though I prefer the TE stick much more. I ended up grabbing one of these new SSF IV TE sticks however so I can just use this for PS3 fighters and the other stick when I play PS2 games.

I know you can mod the TE stick to play PS2 games on a BC PS3 with a cthulhu board (I might be wrong) but you need some knowledge with soldering.

I just bought the PS3 Super stick, looking to do some extreme art customization to it. Illuminating and the works! ;)

Hmmm....Looks like I'm going to have to grab one for the PS3. Will wait a few days though to see if it shows up in gold box.

bread's done
Back