Super Street Fighter IV now available for Preorder on Amazon - 360 $39.82/PS3 $36.99

SimaYi

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
right now its between this and god of war. yakuza comes out the same month too, shame. i prefer this then both quite honestly.

[quote name='mythus']right now its between this and god of war. yakuza comes out the same month too, shame. i prefer this then both quite honestly.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely getting this, but I may have to get Yakuza as well. Just to show Sega fans do support this series.
If we don't buy it now, they may really choose not to bring the 4th over. There is a point where it must stop being worth it for the company.

What's this?
Ken Fighter 4? now SUPER?

oh dear!

Obligatory/Mandatory troll Ken Fighter 4 pictures! :booty:

SUPER SUREUKEN SUPER SUREUKEN SUPER SUREUKEN SUPER AREUKEN SUPER SUREUKEN SUPER SUREUKEN SUPER SUREUKEN SUPER SUREUKEN SUPER SUREUKEN SUPER SUREUKEN SUPER AREUKEN

ken.jpg

2vabe39.jpg

1235456076791.png

kenfighter.jpg

[quote name='a wolf at fullmoon']I'm glad they re-did the Ultra system to make it more like the Super Arts of SFIII and if they put in more SFIII characters I'll definitely give it a spin. Right now though, I don't know enough about this to spend $40 on it.[/QUOTE]

Dudley, Makoto, and Ibuki are pretty much guaranteed. They have 4 characters they have not yet announced. Three of them will be those.

For those who care, the game changes are pretty much as follows:

Tweaks/rebalancing to all existing moves
New Ultra combos for each character
New hit properties, like wallbounce
New stages, including break-the-car/barrel stages
New online modes and lobby system
New character introductions/interactions before fights
TEN new characters

TEN. As in, half the current roster.

If this were called Street Fighter V with all these changes a year later? None of you would bat an eye. Just because they made the changes earlier, and called it Super Street Fighter IV, Capcom is the devil and the game is not worth the discounted price.

I challenge anyone to name a fighting game that has added 10 characters to the roster as DLC.

[quote name='GuardianE']Dudley, Makoto, and Ibuki are pretty much guaranteed. They have 4 characters they have not yet announced. Three of them will be those.

For those who care, the game changes are pretty much as follows:

Tweaks/rebalancing to all existing moves
New Ultra combos for each character
New hit properties, like wallbounce
New stages, including break-the-car/barrel stages
New online modes and lobby system
New character introductions/interactions before fights
TEN new characters

TEN. As in, half the current roster.

If this were called Street Fighter V with all these changes a year later? None of you would bat an eye. Just because they made the changes earlier, and called it Super Street Fighter IV, Capcom is the devil and the game is not worth the discounted price.

I challenge anyone to name a fighting game that has added 10 characters to the roster as DLC.[/QUOTE]

Ken will STILL be used regardless. :lol:

Is there any reason to keep the original now? Should I just trade it or sell it quickly? Will SSFIV have everyhting the orginal had and more? Or is there a reason to keep the first one? The online matchmaking of the first sucked. Will the new one include very single character the old one did?

[quote name='cRodz']Ken will STILL be used regardless. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Have you played recently? Lower level matches are filled with Kens, but you'll rarely see him in mid to high level play. And now that they've buffed a lot of the other characters... made them easier to use, and given them flashier Ultras *ahem*Ryu*ahem* I imagine you'll be seeing a lot more of them.

Of course, you'll still see a lot of Ken too.

[quote name='cag1000']Is there any reason to keep the original now? Should I just trade it or sell it quickly? Will SSFIV have everyhting the orginal had and more? Or is there a reason to keep the first one? The online matchmaking of the first sucked. Will the new one include very single character the old one did?[/QUOTE]

It'll include every character. Ono mentioned that they will be doing something special for people who still have their SFIV discs, but I can't imagine it's anything huge. If you want to sell it, sell it. You probably won't be missing out on anything important.

[quote name='cRodz']What's this?

Obligatory/Mandatory troll Ken Fighter 4 pictures! :booty:
[/QUOTE]

Ha. That's one of the things I find annoying about the Street Fighter community. Not that people use Ken all the time, but that all the "Elite":booty:players bitch about other people using him.

[quote name='SuxoR']So what are the overall changes? Is the 40 dollars warranted?[/QUOTE]

Reading the thread before asking questions is hard, but you can do it. I believe in you.

Anyone use the tekken 6 stick for sfiv? The tekken 6 limited edition bundle is around 75 for the ps3 on amazon. Just thought I'd see if it's a good choice stick to use for fighters besides tekken 6

[quote name='eastx']Reading the thread before asking questions is hard, but you can do it. I believe in you.[/QUOTE]
Hahaha, oh Eastx.

I told a friend of mine to sell off his regular version of Street Fighter IV before the news of SUPER spread. He neglected to do so, and now the game's worth around $25-30. He needs to discover CAG.

Too bad this, like the new content for Resident Evil 5, isn't PC-bound.

EDIT: Oh man, that Ken stuff is hilarious. (Repost Below.)
ken.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EliotAndrews']Hahaha, oh Eastx.

I told a friend of mine to sell off his regular version of Street Fighter IV before the news of SUPER spread. He neglected to do so, and now the game's worth around $25-30. He needs to discover CAG.

Too bad this, like the new content for Resident Evil 5, isn't PC-bound.

EDIT: Oh man, that Ken stuff is hilarious. (Repost Below.)
ken.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I would say you are being generous at 25-30. I sold my mint and complete copy from the limited edition of the PS3 version with the Mint condition strategy guide for a mere $18 on ebay and that was BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

[quote name='prateeko']I can't help but feel like this should be $30 but the again I've already bought SF4. If you're new to SF4 than this is a steal at $40[/QUOTE]
Exactly. I'm sure most, if not all, the people here who are complaining are only doing it because they bought the original. I think it was obvious that they would do it since they made 5(?) versions of SF2 and 3(?) versions of SF3. At least they're not charging full price. I'm sure there will be good deals on both SSF4 and SF4 when it releases.
[quote name='Purkeynator']I would say you are being generous at 25-30. I sold my mint and complete copy from the limited edition of the PS3 version with the Mint condition strategy guide for a mere $18 on ebay and that was BEFORE CHRISTMAS.[/QUOTE]
I think you're the one being generous :p. I would've easily bought it for $35 highest if I were to come across it, and that's coming from someone who usually buys games under $20(mainly new games, unless there's a great/amazing deal on used games).
BTW, what's the point of buying a limited edition version if you were going to sell it. Even with SSF4 coming out, I'm sure it would be worth more than just $18 in a few years

[quote name='ajumbaje']Anyone use the tekken 6 stick for sfiv? The tekken 6 limited edition bundle is around 75 for the ps3 on amazon. Just thought I'd see if it's a good choice stick to use for fighters besides tekken 6[/QUOTE]

An arcade stick is an arcade stick. If you like it for Tekken then yeah, it'll be good for SFIV as well.
That being said, the Tekken 6-bundle stick is apparently not the best around. That honor is going to the SFIV Tournament Edition Sticks, and perhaps to a lesser degree the HRAP Pro.

360 ver = more rage quitters, the majority of good players are found on PS3 ver, why? 360 has too many shooters.

1236300408581.gif

[quote name='CaoPi']360 ver = more rage quitters, the majority of good players are found on PS3 ver, why? 360 has too many shooters.
[/QUOTE]

More of one thing does not mean less of something else.

Your logic fails. :applause:

[quote name='Crusher09'] I think you're the one being generous :p. I would've easily bought it for $35 highest if I were to come across it, and that's coming from someone who usually buys games under $20(mainly new games, unless there's a great/amazing deal on used games).
BTW, what's the point of buying a limited edition version if you were going to sell it. Even with SSF4 coming out, I'm sure it would be worth more than just $18 in a few years[/QUOTE]

It was the limited edition blu ray slipcover. I ended up keeping the limited edition stuff. Basically just the guide, game, manual, and case with "limited edition" written on the slip cover. Still even without the LE stuff, $18 for the bundle was pathetic and probably not worth the effort.

[quote name='CaoPi']360 ver = more rage quitters, the majority of good players are found on PS3 ver, why? 360 has too many shooters.

1236300408581.gif
[/QUOTE]

What was the point of this post except to troll? Don't try to needlessly start a flame war.

CRodz, you need to do less giant image posting and double posting.

Also, the point you're trying to make with the scale graphic is wrong. Just because there are say, 50 FPS games on Xbox 360, that doesn't mean that there can't be 20 fighting games, or the same # of fighting games as are available on the Playstation 3 (there are more on 360, in fact). There is no forced ratio of genres on either console. If we can make any kind of generalization about the different fighting game fans on 360 and PS3, it's that the 360 guys are far more likely to own headsets and be able to communicate during games.

[quote name='eastx'] If we can make any kind of generalization about the different fighting game fans on 360 and PS3, it's that the 360 guys are far more likely to own headsets and be able to communicate during games.[/QUOTE]

Which, as we all know, is an absolutely critical feature to have in your fighting games.

*coughs*

Did I say it was critical? :p

But to answer Crodz' question below this post, a person might like to plug in his mic when he is playing SF4 online against a friend. There may be no advantage with random people, but obviously it's nicer to be able to talk to your friends when playing.

Agreed FPS are better on the 360 than ps3 just because of the mic factor.
however, why would i ever want to plug my mic during a 1 on 1 in xbl (Street Fighter)?lolwut what am i? crazy?

Truth is, both, the xbl and psn communities, carry bad apples.
Here i was on MAG gettin tk'd by this german guy every time, then in another game i was gettin killed again by some guy who loved to spawn and knife at the same time.

And i used to think that the psn community was more mature...

[quote name='cRodz']
Also the street fighter community is the most TERRIBAD community ever :booty:[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I don't think the people get angry and exit a match because they're losing badly, are as sad as the people that take the time and effort to screencap/vidcap those matches, so they can post them in order to show off or pat themselves on the back. They're both sad, but the former is more cause and effect sad, while the latter is more "hey guys, look at me!" sad.

[quote name='cRodz']Also the street fighter community is the most TERRIBAD community ever :booty:
[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

I don't think I would call any of those people members of the "community." Nor would I say stuff like this is exclusive to SF, or even fighting games.

[quote name='ocajavati']srk is a community. Cag is a community.

People that have access to psn is not a community.[/quote]

+1

You had to pick people at the bottom of the barrel to describe the fighting community. That's like using Twilight fans to describe America.

[quote name='shinryuu']You had to pick people at the bottom of the barrel to describe the fighting community. That's like using Twilight fans to describe America.[/QUOTE]

QFT, indeed.

bread's done
Back