Super Street Fighter IV now available for Preorder on Amazon - 360 $39.82/PS3 $36.99

SimaYi

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Got it pre-ordered.

Its amazon so if they offer a GC, discounted price, anything really they will apply it.

Unless I see it cheaper at Target/Bestbuy this will hold

I'm glad they re-did the Ultra system to make it more like the Super Arts of SFIII and if they put in more SFIII characters I'll definitely give it a spin. Right now though, I don't know enough about this to spend $40 on it.

Good gravy that cover art is ugly. I really hope that changes. I realize it's a throwback to SSFII but it just hasn't held up well.

[quote name='rodieremix']Good gravy that cover art is ugly. I really hope that changes. I realize it's a throwback to SSFII but it just hasn't held up well.[/QUOTE]

Its not the real cover art. Its even has the RP on that art, so its just a placeholder until the official one comes out. Or at least I hope to god it is, lol.

[quote name='Squarehard']Its not the real cover art. Its even has the RP on that art, so its just a placeholder until the official one comes out. Or at least I hope to god it is, lol.[/QUOTE]

Yea it was the same for SFIV and Mass Effect. Just a random graphic so people can buy the preorder.

For a limited time, when you spend $50 or more on select items sold by Amazon.com in Apparel, Electronics, Software, Video Games, and Computers you will get $10 off when you pay with your Discover Card. This item qualifies. Here's how (restrictions apply)

Discover card is awesome

[quote name='Squarehard']No preorder bonus. Sadface ~_~[/QUOTE]

It's still early. You never know what can happen.

[quote name='ssjmichael']too many other games I want around this time to consder this sadly (God of War III, Bad Company 2, etc..)[/QUOTE]

When you finally get to finishing those games, the price will drop to $20 just like SF4.

I'm just going to wait until it drops in price.

[quote name='eau']Super SFIV?! What makes this new version superior?[/QUOTE]

Everything. Like 8 New characters, tweaked gameplay (new combos, difficulty settings, etc..), more online modes, and other stuff too. I sold my copy of SFIV as soon as this leaked to go towards it. Just wish it didn't come out in March.

[quote name='eau']Super SFIV?! What makes this new version superior?[/QUOTE]

Apparently warranted another game release as opposed to DLC. :lol:

Damnit. I didn't know they are pushing another version out so fast.

I got the original PS3 CE version for full price and lately I picked up the 360 version for $10 at Target. Now instead of a $10-20 DLC they wanna charge $40 for a new version. Damn!

[quote name='eau']Damnit. I didn't know they are pushing another version out so fast.

I got the original PS3 CE version for full price and lately I picked up the 360 version for $10 at Target. Now instead of a $10-20 DLC they wanna charge $40 for a new version. Damn![/QUOTE]

It's still selling for like $20 on ebay, so put your copies up and just pay the difference. It'd be essentially the same amount as paying for the DLC

[quote name='eastx']The best thing about Super Street Fighter IV is...

No more Indestructible song!
[/QUOTE]
BOOOO...I liked it for the cheese factor.

I kept my original, and I'll be purchasing SSFIV as well. If it's that different, I'll still play both. That is once I've hit a 12-step program to remove my Call of Duty addiction.

I preordered this earlier today for Xbox 360 and just got a $5 credit referencing the order number (which was SSFIV and nothing else)...

...oh just fully read the e-mail, it's for TV shows on demand, nevermind not as happy as I was. Pretty sure they'll just use anything as an excuse to advertise this service, which I didn't even know they offered.

well the people at capcom did claim that anyone who purchases this version and has their original will get some bonus.. (I think i saw it over at joystiq or kotaku)

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']well the people at capcom did claim that anyone who purchases this version and has their original will get some bonus.. (I think i saw it over at joystiq or kotaku)[/QUOTE]

yes i read something similar and that's why I'm hesitant to sell my original sf4. I wouldn't be surprised if it was bogus though. Hopefully they let us know soon before sf4 value plummets even FURTHER!

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']well the people at capcom did claim that anyone who purchases this version and has their original will get some bonus.. (I think i saw it over at joystiq or kotaku)[/QUOTE]

I read that also, and it is probably true.

There's a huge debate on why couldn't all this just be dlc instead of a new $40 price tag and people will always argue what they believe.

My two cents, if you play the game very casually, wait for the price to drop. If you've sunk hundreds of hours into sf4 already, see you online the day it comes out.

[quote name='backseatdog']yes i read something similar and that's why I'm hesitant to sell my original sf4. I wouldn't be surprised if it was bogus though. Hopefully they let us know soon before sf4 value plummets even FURTHER![/QUOTE]

I imagine it's based on saved data files, so you'd probably be safe if you sold the disc.

Yeaaah...after how disappointed I was with the first one, if I decide to give this one a try it'll probably be during the GameFly end of the year sale like the first. :roll:

[quote name='ssjmichael']Everything. Like 8 New characters, tweaked gameplay (new combos, difficulty settings, etc..), more online modes, and other stuff too. I sold my copy of SFIV as soon as this leaked to go towards it. Just wish it didn't come out in March.[/QUOTE]

Didn't Capcom announce that this game was going to be delayed because of all the heavy hitters in the 1st quarter?

[quote name='Harknesss']Didn't Capcom announce that this game was going to be delayed because of all the heavy hitters in the 1st quarter?[/QUOTE]

GameFaqs has it marked for 04/10

I can't help but feel like this should be $30 but the again I've already bought SF4. If you're new to SF4 than this is a steal at $40

[quote name='smarkbran']They should allow people that have the original SF4 the ability to play online with people that have the new game.[/QUOTE]

Impossible to do. The new game has all the moves/timing/power levels of all the characters tweaked, plus the new characters, each character now has 2 Ultra combos, and there's several new online modes that have been needed since the first game came out.

[quote name='eastx']The best thing about Super Street Fighter IV is...

No more Indestructible song!
[/QUOTE]

Just when I had gotten that song out of my head...

Capcom did announce pushing this out of Q1, so 3/31 is a positive estimate at best - they don't want to compete with the million other AAA titles that already got pushed from this winter to the spring, like FFXIII, Bioshock 2, Heavy Rain, and so on. Also Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is still coming out, so it's not terrible to space out their fighting releases a little more.

I wish they didn't delay it, but a delay will mean more polish hopefully. March would have been a horrible month to release SSFIV, with FFXIII and GoW3 coming, it'll be overlooked.

Just look at what happened with Tekken 6. They released it 2 weeks before Modern Warfare 2. Big mistake. I got to play T6 for a week before I switched over and now I don't even want to play it anymore, plus online was the king of iron lag(fixed now though).

When they first released SFIV, last Feb, there was nothing good coming out til the 4th quarter of 2009.

Actually, Tekken 6's problem is its unfortunate lack of appeal.

Now if SFIV was released in the same week as Modern Warfare 2, it probably still would have sold just as well.

Not to mention Tekken 6's initial sale was not bad.

bread's done
Back