[SUPER UPDATE] DISNEY 2010 (Best Buy & Future Shop) BLU-RAY IRONPACKS

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Disney 2010 (Best Buy U.S.A. & Future Shop Canada) Blu-ray IronPacks

Prince Of Persia: The Sands of Time - September 14, 2010 Not coming to Best Buy
Beauty & The Beast - October 5, 2010 SKU: 1156932 - Pre-Order $7.50 Deposit Required. 09/05/10
Toy Story 1 - October 19, 2010 Not coming to Best Buy
Toy Story 2 - October 26, 2010 Not coming to Best Buy
Toy Story 3 - November 2, 2010 SKU: 1156996 - Pre-Order $7.50 Deposit Required. 10/03/10
The Princess & The Frog - November 9, 2010 Not coming to Best Buy
Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton) - November 16, 2010 Not coming to Best Buy

Beauty and the Beast (Diamond Edition) (Future Shop Exclusive Steelbook) (1991) (Blu-ray) - October 5, 2010 - $29.99

Beauty and the Beast (French) (Future Shop Exclusive Steelbook) (1991) (Blu-ray) - October 5, 2010 - $29.99

m2181561.jpg

Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time (Future Shop Exclusive Steelbook) (2010) (Blu-ray) - September 14, 2010 - $34.99
Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time (Future Shop Exclusive Steelbook) (French) (2010) (Blu-ray) - September 14, 2010 - $34.99

M2181560.jpg

Beauty and the Beast (Best Buy Exclusive IronPack) (2010) (Blu-ray) - September 5, 2010 - $7.50

1156932.jpg

Toy Story (Best Buy Exclusive IronPack) (2010) (Blu-ray) - October 3, 2010 - $7.50

1156996.jpg

Toy Story (Future Shop Exclusive IronPack) (Blu-ray) (1995) - October 16, 2010 - $29.99
Toy Story (Future Shop Exclusive IronPack) (French) (Blu-ray) (1995) - October 16, 2010 - $29.99

M2181563.jpg

Toy Story 2 (Future Shop Exclusive IronPack) (Blu-ray) (1999) -October 26, 2010 - $29.99
Toy Story 2 (Future Shop Exclusive IronPack) (French) (Blu-ray) (1999) - October 26, 2010 - $29.99

m2181565.jpg

Toy Story 3 (Future Shop Exclusive IronPack) (Blu-ray) (2010) - November 2, 2010 - $34.99
Toy Story 3 (Future Shop Exclusive IronPack) (French) (Blu-ray) (2010) - November 2, 2010 - $34.99

M2182868.jpg

Princess & The Frog (Future Shop Exclusive IronPack) (Blu-ray) (2009) - November 9, 2010 - $34.99
Princess & The Frog (Future Shop Exclusive IronPack) (French) (Blu-ray) (2009) - November 9, 2010 - $34.99

M2181567.jpg

Alice In Wonderland (Future Shop Exclusive IronPack) (Blu-ray) (2010) - November 16, 2010 - $34.99
Alice In Wonderland (Future Shop Exclusive IronPack) (French) (Blu-ray) (2010) - November 16, 2010 - $34.99

M2181569.jpg

Here's the sneak peek. ;)

301inpg.jpg

EDIT 1:
Not a Steelbook, IronPack instead.
EDIT 2:
Confirmed. Best Buy are getting these too!
EDIT 3:
Beauty & the Beast IronPack Pre-Sell starts Sunday, September 5th @ Best Buy. SKU: 1156932 or go to direct Link.
EDIT: 4:
Toy Story 3 IronPack Pre-Sell starts Sunday, October 3rd @ Best Buy. SKU: 1156996
EDIT 5:
Toy Story 1, Toy Story 2, Princess & the Frog, and Alice in Wonderland with price and date.
EDIT 6:
Best Buy have no plan for these 5 Disney IronPacks. Rumor will release on mid-October.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the art cover displayed on steelbooks are great and unique, but I certainly don't see the point in paying so much for one... I would understand if the Blu-ray itself came with extra bonus content not available on regular Blu-rays, but it's the same thing... That's just my opinion, of course.

Dude, They are confirmed as Ironpacks not Steelbook

Can we change the thread title to avoid confusion?

[quote name='xage']Dude, They are confirmed as Ironpacks not Steelbook

Can we change the thread title to avoid confusion?[/QUOTE]
I saw that FS post earlier, it was a massive failure.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Confirmed. Best Buy will also getting Disney IronPacks, boo! :cry:[/QUOTE]

I'll be getting these then.

All over these from Best Buy. I bought all the others on day one last year. I was hoping for the animated Alice in Wonderland though. Also hoping Nemo would be popping in finally.

"Steelbook" is just the bradname. I'm sure Disney just created their own version, called it "Ironbook" and now avoids having to pay for licensing.

Waiting for impressions when these roll out but I'd bet on them being virtually identical.

Awesome news!
I was wondering if Dinsey would be releasing a batch of Steelbooks (or Ironpacks, close enough) this year and sure enough, they're releasing ALL of the movies I want! :D

Not sure if I'll pick them up on day 1 but I'm not worried about them selling out - my local Best Buy still has a bunch of the steelbooks from last year!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Here's the sneak peak of Beauty & the Beast IronPack. Beginning in September 5th, this will be available for pre-order at Best Buy USA.

BeautyIronpack.jpg

Courtesy to DetroidSportsFan from Bluray.com & also he's a member here.[/QUOTE]

So this one is a pre-order bonus like Snow White/Up?

Are all the others pre-order bonuses or do they include the movies?

Yes this is a pre-order bonus like snow white & up.

Not all of them are pre-order bonuses but some include the movies that are already released.

Without movie
Beauty & the Beast

With movie
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time*
Toy Story 3 Jumbo*

With movie = double dip
Alice in Wonderland
Princess and the Frog
Toy Story
Toy Story 2

Tentative
A Christmas Carol
Dumbo
Fantasia
Fantasia 2
Finding Nemo
Tron

Last edited by a moderator:
The Beauty & the Beast one is pretty nice, I picked it up yesterday. Is this how Prince of Persia and Toy Story 3 are going to work (ironpack as a preorder bonus)? I didn't see anything for PoP though...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Yes this is a pre-order bonus like snow white & up.

Not all of them are pre-order bonuses but some include the movies that are already released.

Without movie
Beauty & the Beast
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time*
Toy Story 3 Jumbo*

With movie = double dip
Alice in Wonderland
Princess and the Frog
Toy Story
Toy Story 2

Tentative
A Christmas Carol
Dumbo
Fantasia
Fantasia 2
Finding Nemo
Tron[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the info! :D
For the pre-order ones, I'll just grab the Iron-packs and pick up the movies when I find them cheap.

Apart from the 2 pre-orders, we had 11 Steelbooks released last fall so I think it's quite possible we will see 3 pre-orders and 10 Iron-pack releases this fall too. I hope I'm right! :D

[quote name='knight19']The Beauty & the Beast one is pretty nice, I picked it up yesterday. Is this how Prince of Persia and Toy Story 3 are going to work (ironpack as a preorder bonus)? I didn't see anything for PoP though...[/QUOTE]

Nice that they had them out already at your BB. I'm hoping that mine come out soon that way I can pick one up.

Is the Prince of Persia one in stores yet? Beauty and the Beast pre-order will be out next week, but the movie releases later than the PoP one so I would think that the PoP one pre-order should be in.

[quote name='koji126']Is the Prince of Persia one in stores yet? Beauty and the Beast pre-order will be out next week, but the movie releases later than the PoP one so I would think that the PoP one pre-order should be in.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see it when I was in Bestbuy in MA yesterday.

[quote name='koji126']Is the Prince of Persia one in stores yet? Beauty and the Beast pre-order will be out next week, but the movie releases later than the PoP one so I would think that the PoP one pre-order should be in.[/QUOTE]
Nope not yet. If I recalled, few months ago I saw these 2 listings at Bestbuy online but then later removed. I was hoping Prince of Persia Pre-Order should be up early before Beauty & the Beast. But now its getting closer to street date, so I'm guessing this being sold as ironpack with the movie.

I saw the box of Beauty and the Beast Ironpacks at my store. We got 10 of them in and on the box it says hold for 9/5 release. You're lucky if they were put out early.

So will these be out on the sales floor? Or will I have to go speak to Customer Service to get my copy? I plan on heading out Sunday to get this, don't want to miss out.

Slightly off topic: What Disney steelbooks (ironpacks, whatever the hell Disney wants to call them) have been released at US BB so far?

[quote name='jling84']Slightly off topic: What Disney steelbooks (ironpacks, whatever the hell Disney wants to call them) have been released at US BB so far?[/QUOTE]

Aside from the ones from last year, none have been released this year unless your store has the BatB one out already.

I was able to go grab mine. They are already going rather quickly as the iNCREDiPiNOY said they are only getting 10 per store mine was already down to 7 before I got there with 2 other people eying them when I grabbed my copy and Moon BLU ($12.99 can't beat that price BTW). But that could be because its the last weekend before School starts so lots of shopping traffic at my location where people are snagging them because its Beauty and the Beast for the kids.

I was impressed with the quality of them. I am still a novice at this but when I compare them to the ones that I have (Hurt Locker, Departed, Resident Evil, etc) I don't see a huge drop off quality wise. But I would love to hear iNCREDiPiNOY's opinion on them since he more knowledgeable about them.

IronPack's spine are the huge difference. Spine seem thicker & misaligned, disc hub are easy to take off/in and the case itself lays 360 degrees flat. Overall, Ironpack has better vibrant Hi-Res artcover over SteelBook.

Just picked up an IronPack at my BB. I'm plan to get the movie at TRU with their ridiculous pre-order deals, so I'll be getting a refund on my BB pre-order.

For anyone considering the same, this is totally legit - insert with case says that if you haven't picked up your movie by 10/29/10, you can get a refund of your $7.50.

[quote name='bthoma']Just picked up an IronPack at my BB. I'm plan to get the movie at TRU with their ridiculous pre-order deals, so I'll be getting a refund on my BB pre-order.

For anyone considering the same, this is totally legit - insert with case says that if you haven't picked up your movie by 10/29/10, you can get a refund of your $7.50.[/QUOTE]

you can always bring it back w/ the receipt and cancel the preorder before that date if you want your money back earlier :p

Does anybody know how to score this online? It's listed in today's ad, but can't seem to get it to show up when I try to preorder online.

bread's done
Back