Surprise for us Later Today!?!?!

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Of course the surprise is shitty, did you really expect something awesome to be announced this late?[/QUOTE]

I was expecting a 3D Mega Man Game. Yea.......I'm lying :lol:

First person to make a new thread about with some stupid name like "OFFICIAL OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED ELITE 360 THREAD" when there is already a lengthy thread about it ("but...but it wasn't confirmed yetttt!!!") gets raped. Hard.

[quote name='KaneRobot']First person to make a new thread about with some stupid name like "OFFICIAL OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED ELITE 360 THREAD" when there is already a lengthy thread about it ("but...but it wasn't confirmed yetttt!!!") gets raped. Hard.[/quote]
But that's my only chance to feel wanted and valid in this cruel, cruel world. Right, guys? Guys?

[quote name='zewone']That is the shittest idea ever. If anyone buys this instead of a PS3, they are retarded.[/QUOTE]

How so?

$120 cheaper the PS3 with twice the HDD size, better online play, downloadable movies/tv shows, and 300+ games available TODAY.

[quote name='gizmogc']How so?

$120 cheaper the PS3 with twice the HDD size, better online play, downloadable movies/tv shows, and 300+ games available TODAY.[/QUOTE]
Because a black paint job and useless HD space do not compare to a high definition movie drive. I'd much rather have a Blu-Ray player for $20 more (20GB).

The retarded comment is more for people who plan on upgrading.

Wonder if we can not watch upscaled DVDs on this since it uses the HDMI port...interesting. Time to trade-in a whole crapload of stuff!

[quote name='gizmogc']How so?

$120 cheaper the PS3 with twice the HDD size, better online play, downloadable movies/tv shows, and 300+ games available TODAY.[/QUOTE]

He probably means upgrading from an existing 360 to the Elite. I would probably buy a PS3 also since my 360 works fine on it's own. I don't need 100GB extra or HDMI.

HDMI should have been a standard on the 360 in the first place.

[quote name='gizmogc']Now if we buy the new Elite...how do we transfer are saves over? Buy a seperate cable?[/QUOTE]
It comes with a data retention cable.

[quote name='zewone']Because a black paint job and useless HD space do not compare to a high definition movie drive. I'd much rather have a Blu-Ray player for $20 more (20GB).

The retarded comment is more for people who plan on upgrading.[/QUOTE]

You would rather spend $120 to play 30 games and enjoy Blu-Ray which is far from a 'proven' format? Congrats, not get the hell out of this thread.

[quote name='zewone']That is the shittest idea ever. If anyone buys this instead of a PS3, they are retarded.[/quote]

Agreed. One of the "major" selling points for a lot of people was that the 360 was essentially as powerful as a PS3 except it was much cheaper.

But with this, why not pay the extra $20 and get a PS3? (Especially since with that system you can swap the drive easily, and for a lot less when compared with 360's 120GB.)

EDIT: And I am talking to those that are going to "upgrade" to this model. If you had never owned a 360 before, this wouldn't be a bad option...I guess. It'd still be too expensive for me. :lol:

[quote name='CheapyD']Well, that must be tonight's announcement as it's an Associated Press item. Worst kept suprise ever.
Hopefully (and probably), tomorrow we will get some Halo 3 details.

Notice that www.majornelson.com has nothing about a suprise announcement, probably to avoid negative feedback about this so-called "suprise".[/QUOTE]

Oh no. He definently called it a surprise.

http://twitter.com/majornelson

He had to use twitter to post because majornelson.com was getting so hammered with traffic.

[quote name='pimpinc333']He probably means upgrading from an existing 360 to the Elite. I would probably buy a PS3 also since my 360 works fine on it's own. I don't need 100GB extra or HDMI.

HDMI should have been a standard on the 360 in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Sure, had it been released 5 months ago, sure. But why include an expensive HDMI port in November of 2005 when very few TVs used it? I'm just hoping this baby can be modded!

[quote name='Rig']Agreed. One of the "major" selling points for a lot of people was that the 360 was essentially as powerful as a PS3 except it was much cheaper.

But with this, why not pay the extra $20 and get a PS3? (Especially since with that system you can swap the drive easily, and for a lot less when compared with 360's 120GB.)[/QUOTE]

Let me know where you can find a 20GB PS3 since most stores no longer carry them and Sony has all but phased them out due to 'customer demand' of the 60GB. Stop holding onto the price of a $500 PS3 when they are not available to purchase.

[quote name='gizmogc']You would rather spend $120 to play 30 games and enjoy Blu-Ray which is far from a 'proven' format? Congrats, not get the hell out of this thread.[/QUOTE]

Good Job. Go to sleep.

Worst announcement ever. I have to agree with Luke Smith on this one. This has to be the biggest fuck up by MS yet. They have Sony by the balls and decide to release a system about the price as the PS3 without HD playback. wtf

I can't believe all the people chomping at the bit to get this thing at that price. Especially on a site dedicated to cheap asses. If this retails for more than the Premium, everyone should shun it at tell MS to shove it. Let it rot on the shelves next to the PS3s.

Weak. I would have thought about upgrading if it included a quieter drive and the 65 nm chip but $80 for some more HDD space and hdmi is not worth it at all.

[quote name='gizmogc']You would rather spend $120 to play 30 games and enjoy Blu-Ray which is far from a 'proven' format? Congrats, not get the hell out of this thread.[/QUOTE]
Like I said, $20, and you get a Blu-Ray drive. It's 30 games now, but you act like MGS4, FF XIII, FFXIII VS, Team ICO's new game, White Knight Story, GoW 3, LittleBigPlanet, etc. aren't coming out. So, congrats, enjoy your slightly crisper graphics for $180 with your new HDMI 360.

As much as I love my 360....anyone who cares that much about an HDMI input and a huge hard drive [for a console that doesn't install its games] is better off with a PS3. The $120 gets you Wi-FI, Blu-Ray, memory card slots built in, and [if black on a 360 is noteworthy] a chrome detailing

The Elite 360 still needs a $100 add on [Wi-Fi] a $10 memory card reader [if you buy a regular one, a 360 branded one costs $30] and a $200 HD-DVD player to be on the same technical level as the PS3. Making a fully equipped 360 Elite $800 before tax.

Oh my, it really does sound like cars.

Another question is, what cable will the elite 360 come with?

Will it come with the component A/V, the composite A/V, or a Microsoft branded HDMI cable? Will the HDMI cable be Microsoft 360 only or will it be a standard HDMI port? If it uses a regular HDMI cable, where will you get the optical hook up from? Will there be a built in optical port like on the PS3/PS2 or will you have to have the component hooked up at the same time as the HDMI so that you can use the optical cable for sound? If it doesn't support optical except via component hook up, will the 360 pass the sound through HDMI to a receive [1.3 spec] and does that mean it'll support Dolby Digital/DTS via HD? Also, will it finally upconvert DVD outside of VGA mode?

It's one big mistake and makes no sense.

[quote name='gizmogc']Let me know where you can find a 20GB PS3[/quote]
Wal-Mart down the street has two 20GB PS3s. I about pooped my pants when I saw them.

[quote name='pimpinc333']He probably means upgrading from an existing 360 to the Elite. I would probably buy a PS3 also since my 360 works fine on it's own. I don't need 100GB extra or HDMI.

HDMI should have been a standard on the 360 in the first place.[/quote]

Have to agree with these guys... What do all the loyal people get that bought their consoles the first day or even last week for that matter and actually do have use for an HDMI??? Screwed!

Thank you so much Microsoft. So now, my 360 experience is going to cost me a whopping $880 for something they should have put on the console in the first place, especially since they already knew about the 1080p chip. Perfect.

PS3 is looking better and better...

[quote name='gizmogc']Let me know where you can find a 20GB PS3 since most stores no longer carry them and Sony has all but phased them out due to 'customer demand' of the 60GB. Stop holding onto the price of a $500 PS3 when they are not available to purchase.[/QUOTE]
They're impossible to find.

all i know is when the next gen consoles come around its going to make me think twice about buying one right away, why buy something on launch day if in a little over a year later they come out with an upgraded model, i bought my not even a year ago and i feel kinda ripped that they've putting out a better model out there, i'll remember this down the road when microsofts next console is coming out

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']Wal-Mart down the street has two 20GB PS3s. I about pooped my pants when I saw them.[/QUOTE]

Did they say "Free T. Nights movie!!!", because they are most likley returns.

[quote name='zewone']Like I said, $20, and you get a Blu-Ray drive. It's 30 games now, but you act like MGS4, FF XIII, FFXIII VS, Team ICO's new game, White Knight Story, GoW 3, LittleBigPlanet, etc. aren't coming out. So, congrats, enjoy your slightly crisper graphics for $180 with your new HDMI 360.[/QUOTE]
Slighty

Well Said Zewone :applause:

[quote name='sarausagi']As much as I love my 360....anyone who cares that much about an HDMI input and a huge hard drive [for a console that doesn't install its games] is better off with a PS3. The $120 gets you Wi-FI, Blu-Ray, memory card slots built in, and [if black on a 360 is noteworthy] a chrome detailing

The Elite 360 still needs a $100 add on [Wi-Fi] a $10 memory card reader [if you buy a regular one, a 360 branded one costs $30] and a $200 HD-DVD player to be on the same technical level as the PS3. Making a fully equipped 360 Elite $800 before tax.

Oh my, it really does sound like cars.
[/QUOTE]

Well Said Sarausagi :applause:

I think that a real Surprise announcement would have been the "Xbox 360 USB Blu-Ray Drive" at $150 with the HD-DVD drive dropped to $150. That would be giving the consumers a true choice, and it would go a long way negate the whole ps3 as a blu-ray trojan horse thing.

Could this happen? Maybe this time next year...

[quote name='sarausagi']
Will it come with the component A/V, the composite A/V, or a Microsoft branded HDMI cable? Will the HDMI cable be Microsoft 360 only or will it be a standard HDMI port? If it uses a regular HDMI cable, where will you get the optical hook up from? Will there be a built in optical port like on the PS3/PS2 or will you have to have the component hooked up at the same time as the HDMI so that you can use the optical cable for sound? If it doesn't support optical except via component hook up, will the 360 pass the sound through HDMI to a receive [1.3 spec] and does that mean it'll support Dolby Digital/DTS via HD? Also, will it finally upconvert DVD outside of VGA mode?

It's one big mistake and makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

From what ive read in the last 20 minutes, its comes with everything the premium did, in black, with a bigger HDD, HDMI Port, and an HDMI Cable (and the normal Component cables as well). It sure as hell better upconvert DVDs over HDMI.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']On the podcast they are saying there will be a HDMI cable included. Wow!!! Thanks for throwing in a cable I can get for $8 from monoprice.com.[/QUOTE]

Thank Sony for not throwing one in for the $500/$600 PS3. Thank them for the compOSITE cable instead.

[quote name='gizmogc']From what ive read in the last 20 minutes, its comes with everything the premium did, in black, with a bigger HDD, HDMI Port, and an HDMI Cable (and the normal Component cables as well). It sure as hell better upconvert DVDs over HDMI.[/QUOTE]

Have they said anything about the optical out?

if it's a regular HDMI port, will you have to have the component hooked up for the optical sound?

bread's done
Back