Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

I went to see DBZ BOG to show Funi support, and I surprisingly enjoyed it.  It was obvious that Akira Toriyama had a lot more input on the plot of this movie, than past DBZ projects, since the action was only about 25% of the movie, and the greater emphasis was on comedy.

The Seventh Cross:

One of the first films to deal with the topic of concentration camps. It's very gripping stuff and the performances are great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's Be Cop - 4/5 - Hilarious! Nina Dobrev is in it.

Noah - 2/5 - Kinda Boring.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D - 4/5 - I got a cool limited edition poster, complete 3d glasses and mask from screening!

Angry Video Game Nerd:The Movie

Just got back from the NYC screening. If your a fan then you'll really enjoy the movie; there is a lull in the middle,but other than that it was entertaining throughout.

Batman with Michael Keaton was on today. It was a lot of fun to watch, even more fun than most comic book movies these days, Avengers included. Too bad the WB is out looking for the next Michael Bay and depending too much on the Frank Miller style to actually give us such movies.

I noticed how much the tv show AND the Arkham games were inspired by Burton's creations, especially when the Bats uses the line launcher. And I'm reminded that I have to buy a PS4 for the next Batman game (Stupid Rocksteady claiming that the PS4 can only handle the Batmobile.)

Guardians of the Galaxy: 6/10

The first half was absolutely awful. The second half picked up. Bradley Cooper almost ruined the entire movie for me. Batista was awesome.
Bradley ****ing sucks. He ruined American Hustle for me. I refuse to watch any movies with him...
lol his voice work in Guardians was excellent.

Just saw the movie. Definitely the second best Marvel movie. Chris Pratt is the fucking man.

Saw CZ12 last night along with a live Q/A with Jackie himself! CZ12 was alright, fun easy going movie. 

Heres a few photos I took!

yxpXNKw.jpg

PzTVG3K.jpg

2Yw9cCV.jpg

vgCYSUI.jpg

FJq7UEZ.jpg

oV9P4tS.jpg

ASReKGD.jpg

Di6pyml.jpg

Bought LA Confidential and saw it the first time, I knew it was gonna be a 10/10 

My only gripe is the opening Warner Bros logo looks crappy as hell, worse than a VHS quality.

The first minute or so is also crappy with the picture quality. Oh and Kim Basinger should not have won the oscar, she had only like 15 minutes screen time!! :shame:

Bought LA Confidential and saw it the first time, I knew it was gonna be a 10/10

My only gripe is the opening Warner Bros logo looks crappy as hell, worse than a VHS quality.

The first minute or so is also crappy with the picture quality. Oh and Kim Basinger should not have won the oscar, she had only like 15 minutes screen time!! :shame:
Rolo Tomassi says hello. I watched this after playing L.A. noire and you can tell how inspired by the movie they were, among other noire movies

It was for Best Supporting Actress. She was running against old Rose in Titanic for crying out loud.

I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang:

Excellent film.The chain gang scenes were pretty brutal and hard to watch at points. The ending is up their as one of the best I've seen.

The Story of Louis Pasteur:

Going into it I thought it was going to be boring as hell,but it ended up being up a pretty good biopic on a very smart and interesting man.

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes

I'm not a big science fiction fan but loved this. Looking forward to the steelbook for Dawn OTPOA

Now I just gotta watch the 1968 original....

Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10 - Having been very hesitant to watch it, I decided to finally go today and have to say I loved it. What an amazing soundtrack, such a fun movie.

Between this and Dawn of The Planet of Apes, my summer at the cinema's has been fulfilled.

Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10 - Having been very hesitant to watch it, I decided to finally go today and have to say I loved it. What an amazing soundtrack, such a fun movie.

Between this and Dawn of The Planet of Apes, my summer at the cinema's has been fulfilled.
Did you watch xmen as well? It was such a great movie and I feel the best of the series.

Bay's TMNT: Surprise, it has less explosions than any other Bay's movies.
Hercules: Kevin Sobo tv series is better.
Attack on Arkham: worst DC animated movie I've ever seen.

Attack on Arkham: worst DC animated movie I've ever seen.
Do you like the editorial direction of the New 52? I guess those that like it would love Attack on Arkham.

Saw Kindergarten Cop on tv today. Then finally watched Fast Times at Ridgemount High. I am totally sick of Somebody's Baby, especially since they play that every goddamn day on the radio. But hey boobs!

Bay's TMNT: Surprise, it has less explosions than any other Bay's movies. Hercules: Kevin Sobo tv series is better. Attack on Arkham: worst DC animated movie I've ever seen.
Bay is one of like...10 producers on the movie. He didn't direct it.

It's weird how people can't understand that.

Ninja Turtles definitely had Bay's style when it wasn't in Dark Knight mode.

Anyway, Ninja Turtles (2014) - 7.5/10. It was a'ight.

The Protector 2 - 3.5/10. It was basically like a Bollywood RZA movie. The dude has got to get some help. He keeps trying to be Asian. Also, Jaa cut down on his stunt work and martial arts dramatically and there were special effects for everything he did for like half the movie. The lady from Chocolate did a good job though.

The Protector 2 - 3.5/10. It was basically like a Bollywood RZA movie. The dude has got to get some help. He keeps trying to be Asian. Also, Jaa cut down on his stunt work and martial arts dramatically and there were special effects for everything he did for like half the movie. The lady from Chocolate did a good job though.
Maybe he IS the Wu Tang in the Wu Tang Clan.

Did you watch xmen as well? It was such a great movie and I feel the best of the series.
I missed x-men unfortunately it's on my ones to watch on bluray list. I think this year has been a good one so far, the only genre that's been lacking to me is comedy.

I've still to watch 22 jump street, hope that's good.

Damn phone double post.

Anyone looking toward sin city 2? I was, then for some weird reason the trailer at the cinema put me off by looking like a cheap knock off of the original, if you know what I mean.

Damn phone double post.

Anyone looking toward sin city 2? I was, then for some weird reason the trailer at the cinema put me off by looking like a cheap knock off of the original, if you know what I mean.
The special effects don't look as good as the first and kinda come off looking cheap and half-assed.

Damn phone double post.

It does look a little cheaper. I still can't wait to see it though.

Watched the Lego movie, and I wasn't as disappointed as I thought I would be. I should've expected it, especially when I did like the first Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

bread's done
Back