Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

As expected it looks like a cheap nostalgia-grab.

Darkman:

Despite some really bad greenscreen,it's Sam Raimi doing a pulp superhero film. Whole lot of fun.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978 remake):

One of the best horror films I've seen in a while. Nice slow-burn to it and one of the best bleak endings to a film.

Ranger Nation has images of the T-Rex, Morpher, and Red Ranger sword toys from the 2017 Power Rangers movie. The Zord is, as expected, a Bayformer. The morpher is just a black and grey whirlpool with a spot in the center for the coin. The sword is a laser blade with a rapier-like hilt. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ranger Nation has images of the T-Rex, Morpher, and Red Ranger sword toys from the 2017 Power Rangers movie. The Zord is, as expected, a Bayformer. The morpher is just a black and grey whirlpool with a spot in the center for the coin. The sword is a laser blade with a rapier-like hilt.
I had low expectations already, but lost all hope for that film the second I watched that atrocity of a trailer.

Been revisiting a lot of old movies I loved years ago to see if they still hold up along with some "new" ones.

The Matrix still works for me and I'm able to appreciate the sequels as mindless fun now, unlike before. I'm sure that the me of 15 years ago wouldn't have been able to enjoy Batman/Superman either, but now, I'm "mature" enough to enjoy them.

Scarface(1932): I haven't seen the 80's version in a while, so it felt really fresh. The main threads are the same, but it had a lot of charm, whereas the 80's version is pretty damn 80's. 1983 was still a fun romp because of it's sheer absurdity.

Nolan's Batman: Begins is now my favorite over Dark Knight. It just felt really tight despite TDK taking the top spot for a while. I just wish they had better cape effects in Begins.

Training Day: The poker table scene was really weird for me and it felt very 90's. Not terrible, but not as good as I remember it being when I saw it in the theater.

On my queue are Ang Lee's Hulk, Civil War, and They Live.

Just watched Star Trek Beyond, which was better than I anticipated--especially since I hated Star Trek Into Darkness. Beyond had a lot more going for it, and less JJ Abrams--which is always a good thing. None of the reboot Trek films are ones that I'd want to rewatch, but Beyond had its fair share of fun moments. Aside from the original six films (with Shatner & Nimoy) and First Contact, the rest of the Trek movies are a mixed bag for me.

Also just watched A Christmas Horror Story which I really enjoyed. Far better than Krampus.

And, lastly, I seen X-Men: Apocalypse. I didn't think it was the worst of the X-Men films. Definitely more enjoyable than First Class, if just for Quicksilver's scenes. 

bread's done
Back