Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

They never really showed him before the movie. A few blurry sorta shots. I still say you gotta see the final product.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched two versions of Reno 911:Miami, the regular and Lost version. The lost version was WAY tamer than the regular version, and seems like the version they could air on tv. I liked that version better, even if the regular was full of boobs and . I wonder what the German version is like.

Boyhood

This movie was absolute TRASH! I just don't understand the hype on this. The main character completely ruined the movie for me with his atrocious "acting". This kid was just going through the motions and didn't care one bit for his performance. It got worse and worse as he got older. The only saving grace for this awful movie was Patricia Arquette's funbags. But even then it's not worth it. 

1.5/5

The Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D - 5/5

Age-of-Ultron-2015.jpg

Finally found myself a time to watch The Raid 2. Shiiit, Expendables, Rambo 4...You can't touch this. Can't wait for 3rd movie.

The Tale of the Princess Kauguya:

An extremely slow-paced film. Gotta have patience if you watch it but it is worth it. The animation is absolutely gorgeous and worth watching just for that.

Rodan:

It was decent. The main problem is it takes way too much time building up to Rodan.Doesn't work for me since I already know what Rodan looks like. Those last 30 mins are really good though.

Foxcatcher   I think paint dries faster

The fact the it's a true story and all three actors put fourth great performances saved it for me.

The Set-Up:

One of the best boxing films ever made. You get a look at the seedy side of the sport. Then the whole film being in real time really helps make the fight feel real.

Hot Tub Time Machine 2 - Not bad. I liked the first movie too. This one felt better in some ways though. 

It Follows is a great movie. I'm still trying to figure out a way in my head to defeat that "thing" haha. boy if that thing was real, people are fuck.

What's better, It Follows or The Babadook? I plan on seeing one of those.
I watched The Babadook after reading all the fantastic reviews it had. It was ok but for me, as a horror film it wasn't scary at all. It veers more towards the psychological side of things rather than monster and deals with the relationship between mother and son.

I watched The Babadook after reading all the fantastic reviews it had. It was ok but for me, as a horror film it wasn't scary at all. It veers more towards the psychological side of things rather than monster and deals with the relationship between mother and son.
I agree, except I found the Babadook portions scary, but I'm weak to anything scary in general. IMO, the movie is longer than it needed to be. Most of the first half could have been condensed and made into a more streamlined experience.

The Green Berets:

John Wayne's pro-Vietnam war film. Even if you get pass the hilariously heavy-handed propaganda, it's a fucking bore of a film. Nothing substantial happens in the first hour,and all the characters are shitty cardboard cut-outs. Then the ridiculous action scenes,but at least they gave me a laugh,such as having white guys in blackface makeup playing VC soldiers :lol:. I also found it hilarious how the jungle of Vietnam is made up of a bunch pine trees forests(good choice of filming in Georgia).For Star-Trek fans you get to see Geroge Takei just embarrass himself here.

Film deserved all the hate it got.

After playing through a Resident Evil marathon I decided to watch all the movies for the first time. I heard they weren't good, so I didn't go in expecting much. Perhaps that helped me enjoy them for what they were. Non-canon as hell, and a chance to see the RE characters in live action.

I thought the fifth movie was pretty neat because of thought I had during the early fight with the Japan zombies. The first movie took things from RE1 and RE2, the second movie took things from RE3, and the fourth movie took things from RE4 and RE5. I wondered what what the fifth movie would do, and during that fight scene I thought "this looks like it's going to be Mercenaries mode". Watching the movie play out with that in mind made it quite enjoyable. It was Mercenaries mode. A series of fights against previously seen characters in set locations. There was even a timer.

The third movie was my least favorite. The desert setting was so bland. Also, Jill and Ada did exact cosplay. Claire couldn't at least put her hair in a ponytail for one scene?

After playing through a Resident Evil marathon I decided to watch all the movies for the first time. I heard they weren't good, so I didn't go in expecting much. Perhaps that helped me enjoy them for what they were. Non-canon as hell, and a chance to see the RE characters in live action.

I thought the fifth movie was pretty neat because of thought I had during the early fight with the Japan zombies. The first movie took things from RE1 and RE2, the second movie took things from RE3, and the fourth movie took things from RE4 and RE5. I wondered what what the fifth movie would do, and during that fight scene I thought "this looks like it's going to be Mercenaries mode". Watching the movie play out with that in mind made it quite enjoyable. It was Mercenaries mode. A series of fights against previously seen characters in set locations. There was even a timer.

The third movie was my least favorite. The desert setting was so bland. Also, Jill and Ada did exact cosplay. Claire couldn't at least put her hair in a ponytail for one scene?
Yea the RE movies are good if you take them for what they are, crazy action movies with AWESOME soundtracks! The third movie is also my least favorite and feels out of place. I did some research and found that it was not the originally planed plot. Remember the little girl they saved and the part her eyes showed the umbrella symbol? None of it is explained . Well I won't spoil it for you but it was made into a novel instead. You can check the wiki if you dont care to read it and just want to know what happened between movie 2 and 3.

Jodorowsky's Dune

As a documentary, it was entertaining since it tells you the story of Jodorowsky's Dune, which is if not the most important, one of the most important Sci Fi movies of the past 40 years. Although it never officially got funded. Also the documentary is funny since Jodorowsky is partially crazy compared to most normal people.

Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan. Great movie, as thriller as you can get on a show about starships and teamwork. Of course, I have to love it differently than the tv show, which featured more thought than emotion.

I've seen 6 movies this week and Avengers is ranking #6. Fury Road is so much better it's not even up for a debate.

Everyone should go see this movie. I keep thinking it will suffer a Dredd-like box office when it should be huge.

Fast & Furious 7 Ugh / 10

I guess these movies have worn out on me. The others are stupid but were pretty fun, I found this just flat out stupid. The big set pieces that I remember from the last few movies are gone with the only big sequence in my opinion being the skyscrapers. The dialogue is so cheesy and lame, the music, generic camera work and editing. Kinda makes me sad that this is the modern Hollywood blockbuster these days.

Fist of Legend

Not bad, but I think overall I prefer the original Bruce Lee version

Fast & Furious 7 Ugh / 10

I guess these movies have worn out on me. The others are stupid but were pretty fun, I found this just flat out stupid. The big set pieces that I remember from the last few movies are gone with the only big sequence in my opinion being the skyscrapers. The dialogue is so cheesy and lame, the music, generic camera work and editing. Kinda makes me sad that this is the modern Hollywood blockbuster these days.

Fist of Legend

Not bad, but I think overall I prefer the original Bruce Lee version
There was definitely more than just the towers.

Also, fun article on how little cgi they used for the stunts. I wish all Hollywood blockbusters were like that these days, instead of completely relying on CGI...not that I have a problem with CGI when it looks good, but of course when it's real it will usually look better. http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/secrets-behind-the-three-most-amazing-stunts-in-furious-7

There was definitely more than just the towers.

Also, fun article on how little cgi they used for the stunts. I wish all Hollywood blockbusters were like that these days, instead of completely relying on CGI...not that I have a problem with CGI when it looks good, but of course when it's real it will usually look better. http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/secrets-behind-the-three-most-amazing-stunts-in-furious-7
That's my biggest issue with these blockbuster films today.Instead of using sets and cool practical effects or stunt work,they go with a green-screen and CGI. Most of the time CGI is just done terribly,and just ages badly if not used properly.

It's hilarious that they have to use green screen for mundane things like backgrounds despite the fact they're on city streets when filming.

Anyway, WTF. That car skydiving scene was real? Wonder if the insurance was hella expensive.

I know there was more big moments than just the Skyscrapers but I don't feel like there was anywhere near as many as previous movies.

^ Conan you should watch this, the CGI of the Wolf of Wall Street - will blow your mind

https://vimeo.com/83523133

I watched Zatoichi

Not watched in a few years, I think its awesome, however I am a big Kitano fan. Awesome funky soundtrack, especially the ending festival scene.

Dressed To Kill (1980)

Did not expect to like this but I actually really did. Loved the suspense and camera movement. I did not like the guy who played the cop. He was really an asshole for no real reason. I'll be picking up the Criterior Collection

4/5

bread's done
Back