Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

Million Dollar Arm - I'm not into sports movies but decided to give it a go due to Jon Hamm. That guy needs more movies as a lead.

Tusk - 8/10. Even though I knew the premise of the movie, nothing could prepare me for the ending. I've enjoyed pretty much all of Kevin Smith's movies, but Tusk is one of my favorites from KS.

Zardoz - 7/10. 70's sci-fi starring Sean Connery. Picked it up for $1 at the flea market. Weird as hell, but I enjoyed it.

^Only thing I know about Zardoz is the outfit that Sean Connery wears
Zed-Sean-Connery.jpg

The Good Earth:

A great film despite the white washed cast for the major roles(old hollywood though).Definitely a film that could use a remake.

Battleground:

A great realistic WWII film. None of the bullshit heroics,with the characters just being regular everyday guys.

Saw Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier recently. (I'm always the last one to see the big hit movies. lol )

I have a soft spot for superhero movies. They were both fantastic, but I enjoyed Capt. America a bit more. 

A Walk Among the Tombstones (2014)
star_off.png
star_off.png
star_off.png
star_off.png
star_off.png

Action
stars: Liam Neeson

Off the street actors with 1 A-list actor, wtf.
-"What's TJ short for"
-"It's short for TJ"
Literally stopped watching after TJ's "soda conspiracy" rant.

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)
star_off.png
star_off.png
star_off.png
star_off.png
star_off.png

Action | Sci-Fi
stars: Mark Wahlburg

Had to speed it up at double speed to finish this 2h40m abomination. Optimus Prime doing a combat roll out of no where and bullets buzzing the ground in a STRAIGHT line (lazy effects); I was shocked to see this movie had the highest production budget out of all the Transformers as I thought the budget was slashed in half. And then Marky Mark's daughter looked like a clown with all that caked up make-up on.

Edit:
Oh yeah this one too.

Sex Tape (2014)
star.png
star_off.png
star_off.png
star_off.png
star_off.png

Rom-Com
stars: Jason Segel, Cameron Diaz, Rob Corddry

It's funny 'cause they say profanity? ... No one wants to see male ass cheeks. Eh... 1 star for Diaz trying to stay in touch with the young demographic (unintentionally funny itself).

Last edited by a moderator:
That TJ side plot in Tombstones was pathetic. 

Edit:

Just watched Crime Story. Go Jackie!

The Mummy(1959 Hammer film):

I really enjoyed Christopher Lee's portrayal of the monster(the makeup was great too).

Laura:

A very compelling murder mystery film. The ending was just perfect.

Transformers: Age of Extinction was kinda of amazing on how bad it was. I don't get it. They pour millions of dollars into making these movies with special effects and CG, how the fuck can you not write a somewhat coherent script. It was like watching 2 kids play with their Transformer toys. That was the level of story telling this turb of a movie had.

The dialog is laughable and bad. The once scene were bad CIA agents are invading Marky Marks house and he says "You need a warrant" and bad CIA man say "My face is my warrant." Both my wife and I start laughing. What a stupid line. And dialog between the Transformers themselves was like watching 12 year old boys talk to each other. Just whinny and childish. Except Optimus who was a bit of a pussy letting the humans lecture him constantly. Then at the end he gives this weird speech that makes no sense, like he was drunk then flies off.

I will admit there was a lot of action and the human scenes were more bearable to watch. But with all the car chases and explosions and CG you become desensitized to it after and hour. And jesus this thing was 2:40 long? WTF. Why so long? Did we need that extra chase scene in Shanghi? I swear Bay's got a boner for form.

I could keep ranting but I but I'll save you guys from a wall of text. Just had to get that off my chest.

The Amazing Spider Man

Not nearly as good as the early 2000s version, I was bored sitting through it. Will be skipping the 2nd one.

What did everyone think of the Robocop remake?

The Amazing Spider Man

Not nearly as good as the early 2000s version, I was bored sitting through it. Will be skipping the 2nd one.

What did everyone think of the Robocop remake?
It wouldn't have been too bad if it weren't a Robocop remake. There were some good ideas to it but they weren't executed effectively.

Gone Girl - Great adaptation, it was almost identical to the book.  The cinematography, as with all Fincher films, is fantastic.  A bit long, but I guess it had to be to fit as much of the book in there as they did.

John Wick is getting high scores so far.  From what I read it's considered a great action flick with a surprising amount of world building.  Weather you like it or not will depend on taste.

The only bad Birdman review I've seen has been on The Dissolve and they pretty much roasted it. So it's getting overall high praise otherwise.

The Wicker Man(the original,not the comedy remake):

Bizarre is definitely the word to describe the film. Edward Woodward and Christopher Lee were both excellent in this.

John Wick is getting high scores so far. From what I read it's considered a great action flick with a surprising amount of world building. Weather you like it or not will depend on taste.
I'm pretty excited to see it personally. From what I've seen all the word of mouth is positive.

Taken 2 was absolutely terrible, if you didn't think much of the first avoid the second with all your strength. I am finally seeing Gone Girl this afternoon!

Bad Words, 

Hilarious movie. I wasn't expecting it to be this good, but wow was I wrong. I loved it! 

bread's done
Back