Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

^
ill be sure to add it to the queue.

Rambo First Blood Part II - 3/5 - Enjoyable action movie, loads of explosions and mindless fun. Stallone is pretty good in the movie and weirdly enough the screenplay is credited to Stallone and James Cameron, yes the James Cameron. There is some cool moments where Rambo is popping people with his bow and arrow, nothing super violent but just a lot of fun.

BMX Bandits - 4/5? - After Rambo we popped on the cable box and BMX Bandits was on, so I only saw the last hour of the film but it was hysterical. Kids are on BMX bikes trying to get away from the bad guys. The kids stole a cache of walkie talkies which the bad guys need to do bad things. Yep walkie talkies, not money, drugs or weapons...walkie talkies. Only in Australia this sorta stuff would happen. Hilarity ensues as the kids evade a car with bad guys on their bikes. It needs to be said that every time the kids 'jump' an obstacle or go down a staircase with their bikes you get a laser sound effect as the whoosh on by the slowmo'd camera, its very comical.

During the end climax the one girl BMXer 'Judy' is kidnapped by the badguys and annoys them with her stories. Since its a family movie they don't gag her, shoot her or toss her out of the moving vehicle...they just deal with it, while we as the viewer wish for her death. Finally the movie is over with this ridiculous foam fertilizer...credits roll and Jude is played by Nicole Kidman, age 16. Definitely worth seeing if you like corny 80s films and or wanna see Nicole Kidman in her second movie ever.

[quote name='naiku']^ ill be sure to add it to the queue.[/QUOTE]

trap.jpg

Duel of the Death - 7/10

I may have made a mistake... I think I put too much expectations on the awesomeness this movie would have. I mean it was good, but I was expecting non stop random battles the whole time. There were some part that were "odd". And like aways the English dubbing reminded me of this...

get.a.brain.morans.jpg

Ninja Assassin - Awesome movie, the blood looked kinda fake, but it was just pure greatness from start to finish.

Eden Lake - Pretty lame. I thought it would be more brutal but it wasn't all that bad. I saw the ending coming a mile away.

Survival of the Dead - 3/5 - There was a time when Romero made great films. Survival of the Dead isn't one of them. I think Diary of the Dead is a better horror movie...but both are not good. In Survival you follow a group of AWOL military guys who find there way to Pulm Island in hopes of a life without the walking dead. Survival of the Dead is very much a comedy and less of a thriller. 2 rival families are fighting each other on this island one who wants to keep the zombies alive, the other who executes...its not really all that interesting. If you are looking for a new zombie movie where you can shut your brain off and have some fun, survival might be for you. Its definitely not a must see but I can see how some people will be entertained by some of the unique kills & comedy from the film.

[quote name='naiku']Survival of the Dead - 3/5 - There was a time when Romero made great films. Survival of the Dead isn't one of them. I think Diary of the Dead is a better horror movie...but both are not good. In Survival you follow a group of AWOL military guys who find there way to Pulm Island in hopes of a life without the walking dead. Survival of the Dead is very much a comedy and less of a thriller. 2 rival families are fighting each other on this island one who wants to keep the zombies alive, the other who executes...its not really all that interesting. If you are looking for a new zombie movie where you can shut your brain off and have some fun, survival might be for you. Its definitely not a must see but I can see how some people will be entertained by some of the unique kills & comedy from the film.[/QUOTE]

After Land of the Dead, I'm pretty much done with Romero zombie movies. It started to go downhill with Day, but that was still good and I disliked Land. Nothing will ever come close to touching Dawn.

[quote name='tcrash247']After Land of the Dead, I'm pretty much done with Romero zombie movies. It started to go downhill with Day, but that was still good and I disliked Land. Nothing will ever come close to touching Dawn.[/QUOTE]

Day > Dawn

Blasphemy. Day was fucking awesome. Land and Diary sucked though, I'll be the first to admit that. Too much "star power."

Grandma's Boy- surprisingly, not half bad, I laughed out loud several times...although I did have a six pack of Guinness in me at the time.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Day > Dawn[/QUOTE]

No way! Day was really boring up until the end. I appreciate all the character development with Bud, but everything else was so dull. Dawn had intense sequences throughout.

Sometimes a movie is more than just intense sequences. The slow realization that maybe the undead are more human than we are is more 'intense' than anything in Dawn.

Watched the commentary tracks for Princess and The Frog and UP today.
Both very insightful, definitely worth listening to if you enjoyed either movie.

Crazy Heart - Half way through I commented to my wife that I liked this movie alot better last year when it was called the Wrestler. The stories are extremely similar, but Rourke's performance is better in the Wrestler.

Where the Wild Things Are - 3/5 - I think I would have enjoyed the movie more if it was more than a sad/depressing film about how Max has no friends and is all alone. The movie pretty much beats that point throughout the entire 100minute film. There are some moments where Max is playing with the 'Wild Things' but never is it fun or you feel happy for him. Blah. I guess I was hoping for a fun enjoyable movie about a kids fantasy, instead I got a Debbie Downer movie.

[quote name='spoo']If you want some campy (straight to video) fun watch the sequels, especially the third one. I haven't seen them in 10 years but I had a great time watching them.[/QUOTE]
Thanks I'll check those out.
Since my last post I've seen: (500) Days of Summer,Brick, Alice In Wonderland 3-D, Brooklyn's Finest,
Burn After Reading,Boondock Saints, The Machinist, Escape From New York,
Unbreakable and The Evil Dead.

Direct Contact - 4/5

short version : dolph lundgren in a bad action movie. Hysterical if you laugh at the film, not intentionally funny and the editing is god awful.

LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG version :
I haven't had this much fun watching a movie in a long time. First off this movie is terrible but its bad in a good way. There is so many opportunities to make fun of the film. If you do not take the movie seriously you can have a lot of fun with it. The movie is based around a pretty decent story. Dolph Lundgren is a ex-marine in prison who is taken out of prison by the CIA to rescue this girl from an arms dealer. After rescuing the girl Dolph finds out that she wasn't in danger at all and he wasn't working for the CIA but someone else and they have different plans for the girl! D:

The movie is a classic example of bad editing. There is one scene is particular which has Dolph on a crotch rocket evading two hummers. They cut in cars are being blown up left and right which aren't at all near where Dolph is escaping. Eventually you randomly see Dolph pull up to his hotel. Somehow he managed to get away from the bad guys...good thing they showed that...

The movie uses a newer version of rear projection for most of the driving scenes. It looks so bad...I think its done through CG instead of literally projecting the image behind them on a set car. About 60% of the car chase scenes are sped up for some reason which is always funny. At the beginning of the film there is a stealth sequence where Dolph ninja assaults this base and for some reason no one sees this 6'5" man rolling around on the ground in day light. Its pretty hysterical. The movie has a bunch of mediocre action scenes but overall pretty entertaining. I wouldn't recommend seeing this movie if you are expecting something good. If you enjoy Dolph Lundgren in bad movies and love to make fun of the films with friends, this is a sure win.

[quote name='tcrash247']Boondock Saints 2 - Every bit as good as the original![/QUOTE]

I would have to go with this also, I hope there's a third and we don't have to wait 10 years for it. The ending to BS2 was a total surprise and awesome as hell :applause:

Knowing - I'm not sure what I should say about this one, it sure in hell wasn't good but it wasn't necessarily bad. I guess after hearing about the bad ending for so long I was prepared for the atrocity of it.

A Perfect Getaway
- A decent thriller, defiantly worth a watch if you are a fan of thrillers.

Splinterheads
- This one was a surprisingly good romantic comedy. Everything about it is generic as can be but it is a fun watch. A good date flick.

Last edited by a moderator:
She's Out of My League - Maybe it was that I was with the right people, or maybe it's that I never get tired of thinking that Nate Torrence went to the same high school as I did, but this movie was really funny and entertaining.

Hot Tub Time Machine, 3.0 stars/4:
Fun times, great (and sometimes subtle) references to John Cusack's '80's films.
The Ghost Writer, 3.5 stars/4:
Well acted, political thriller from Roman Polanski.

Whip It. Surprisingly decent movie, like Bring It On with tattoos. Nice to see Juliette Lewis and Daniel Stern on the screen again.

Orphan. I guess I liked it, primarily because of the twist. Vera Farmiga is awesome. She has a really cute deleted scene on the Blu-Ray.

The Day The Earth Stood Still (2009) - The critics blasted it and while it felt very shallow, it wasn't nearly the train wreck I was suspecting. Still paled in comparison to the original.

azumi 1 and 2 - these movies were very fun to watch. lots of action and plenty of crazy shit happens. my friend said this is as if the tenchu series made movies. I believe its based off a manga or something.

im watching dead girl on netflix instant. almost finished. supposed to be a zombie movie (?). well, i am pissed cuz this movie blows.

zombies of mass destruction - the title prepared me for some awesome zombie action but just got me frustrated as hell. dont even bother.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']im watching dead girl on netflix instant. almost finished. supposed to be a zombie movie (?). well, i am pissed cuz this movie blows.

zombies of mass destruction - the title prepared me for some awesome zombie action but just got me frustrated as hell. dont even bother.[/QUOTE]

Have you watched that "Dead Snow" Nazi zombie flick yet on Netflix instant? Trying to decide whether to waste 2 hours of my life on that or keep getting owned on Demon's Souls.

[quote name='JoshTX']Have you watched that "Dead Snow" Nazi zombie flick yet on Netflix instant? Trying to decide whether to waste 2 hours of my life on that or keep getting owned on Demon's Souls.[/QUOTE]

yea, i actually reviewed it a few posts back. Dude, this movie rocks hard. getting owned on demons souls, eh? i got the DE and cant get myself to play it again since i got it. gonna give it another go when i have time and this time m gonna use the walkthrough it came with it. i hate the pros on there that just ass rape you when they invade ur game :bomb:

Ninja Assassins - 6/10

Ugh... I put wayyyyyyy too much expectations into this movie. My only hope now is that it's visually better on Blu Ray.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Ninja Assassins - 6/10

Ugh... I put wayyyyyyy too much expectations into this movie. My only hope now is that it's visually better on Blu Ray.[/QUOTE]

If the movie didn't have
that woman he was protecting
the movie would have been infinitely better.

They knew no one would like her. She wasn't even in the trailer for the movie, that's how you know they knew they fucked up.

[quote name='whoknows']If the movie didn't have
that woman he was protecting
the movie would have been infinitely better.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was kinda scratching my head on that one.
I was wondering what Coupling (uk) guy was doing in this film too.
The Blu Ray will be here soon and hopefully it will change my mind a bit.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']yea, i actually reviewed it a few posts back. Dude, this movie rocks hard. getting owned on demons souls, eh? i got the DE and cant get myself to play it again since i got it. gonna give it another go when i have time and this time m gonna use the walkthrough it came with it. i hate the pros on there that just ass rape you when they invade ur game :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I've only defeated the Phalanx and tower knight so far...I've gotten raped many times between it all. Still a great game though, hard not to respect it's difficulty.

Tyson 4.25/5
- The information Mike gives about his life is great & insightful into his life. The video content shown (fights, behind the scenes, etc) is lacking. Still not to be missed.

bread's done
Back