Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-animator I saw it about 16 years ago when i was 10. I love it now that I actually understand it.

Super Ex Girlfriend, Horrible movie do not believe I laughed once. Ivan Reitman What have you done.

went and saw Live Free or Die Hard a week or so back on a Thursday late show ... it was awesome having the theatre to myself at 11:00 at night, not to mention the movie fucking owned.

Transformers. That was fucking huge.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the old ones, but I'm also not enough of a manchild to think that the original character designs would have worked in a live action movie like this. Two thumbs up, it was a blast, and in the end, that's all Transformers has to be.

Shooter - thought it was going to be another typical action film but it actually turned out to be pretty good

Transformers - was ok. The special effects were the only highlight of the movie.

The Sentinel - about as average as they come, it would have been better if Kiefer Suth. . .er. . .Jack Bauer and Michael Douglas had switched roles as Jack would be much more convincing as an agent on the run

transformers i thought was okay, but i was never really a huge fan in the first place, so i didn't mark out like i did for tmnt.. but it was pretty cool, really nice effects and just generally fun to watch (except for certain shia lebouf parts that just made me cringe..)

but i think really the highlight of going to the theater to watch transformers was actually the untitled trailer for that new monster flick coming in january. its been going by codename "cloverfield" and more recently reported "slusho." i was seriously blown away by that trailer that i can't stop thinking about it, and what kills me is that there is hardly any information released on it at all..

Ali G Indahouse - Not bad, stupid/funny, though I prefer the TV shows

Live Free or Die Hard - Pretty good, obviously not as good as the previous Die Hards but still exciting to watch

Robocop

Transformers.

Absolutely did not suck.

[quote name='mr ryles']Resident Evil Apocalypse (blu ray)

Surprisingly it did suck. Fell asleep half way through it.[/quote]

Definetly sucks. The only reason I still own that DVD is for Mike Epps in the outtakes.

[quote name='bmachine']Jesus Camp.

Really well done, and completely terrifying.[/quote]

Yeah, that scared us as well. My wife is a recovering southern baptist and even she was shocked and disgusted.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

Pretty good. Glad they cut out most of the pointless stuff from the book.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I thought it was well done, and they condensed more of the book, as opposed to lopping off smaller story arcs entirely.

The end 'fight' scene, where Voldemort was in Harry's mind, was awful. Those scenes with Voldemort making faces in front of that obviously green-screened 'oblivion' were so cheesy as to ruin the final scene entirely. 1000% goofy. I still really enjoyed the movie.

The actress who played Delores Umbridge was *phenomenal*.

[quote name='mykevermin']The actress who played Delores Umbridge was *phenomenal*.[/quote]

Imelda Staunton. Make sure you check out her work in "Vera Drake," for which she received an Oscar nomination.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

Pretty good. Glad they cut out most of the pointless stuff from the book.[/quote]

Definitely. Making the longest book into the shortest movie really was a great move, I think. I hated the book, but the movie was great.

[quote name='mykevermin']Agreed. I thought it was well done, and they condensed more of the book, as opposed to lopping off smaller story arcs entirely.

The end 'fight' scene, where Voldemort was in Harry's mind, was awful. Those scenes with Voldemort making faces in front of that obviously green-screened 'oblivion' were so cheesy as to ruin the final scene entirely. 1000% goofy. I still really enjoyed the movie.

The actress who played Delores Umbridge was *phenomenal*.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, she was the perfect Umbridge.

Was definately impressed with Potter 5. I'd say it's my second favorite Potter movie, behind 3.

Also, Transformers did not suck at all. It was freakin rad. I don't understand what people who say it suck were expecting. It was a movie based on a cartoon based on a line of toys. I mean seriously, that shit was done so well for what it was. One of the most entertaining (not best or well-done, just straight-up keeps you glued to the screen entertaining) movies I saw all year. My only gripe was all the in-movie advertising.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Sin City and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Both are awesome, though the missus didn't like Potter.[/QUOTE] Is she not a fan of the series, or was she unhappy with the changes from the book?

In any case, teach her a lesson. Stick it in her pooper. ;)

sky high was another movie i liked that i thought would suck. caught it on encore it was a pretty funny and decent film and kurt russle was hilarious playing that cheesy superhero character. that film was good enough to deserve a sequel and it should get one but i doubt it will.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Is she not a fan of the series, or was she unhappy with the changes from the book?

In any case, teach her a lesson. Stick it in her pooper. ;)[/quote]

She stopped reading the books halfway through 4, and she just thought the movie felt like build up for 6.

Harry Potter was...not descriptive. It needed more detail...badly, even for the minor things just because of what happened.

Transformers was the last good movie I saw. Ratatouille was the last great movie I saw.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Joshua - 9/10[/quote]

Dying to see Joshua but it appears to be a really limited release. If it's that good I may have to use one of my days off to head into NYC and see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back