Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Liquid 2']Paprika

A fucking masterpiece. Satoshi Kon has done it again.
Absolutely incredible movie.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the recommendation. :)

I saw Sunshine over the weekend. Very nice visuals and had a promising premise, but plagued by an odd yet generic twist. I give it 3.5 out of 5.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Thanks for the recommendation. :)[/QUOTE]Approach it with an open mind. If you're familiar with Kon's work, then you'll know what to expect, but if you're not...well, check it out, and be prepared for something far different from your average movie.
You might want to watch Millennium Actress, which is a more accessible movie of Kon's. One of his earlier works is Perfect Blue, which is more similar to Paprika than Millennium Actress is.
Kon is certainly out there though, so you'll either love his movies or hate them, depending on your tastes.
I hope you enjoy it though :D.

SuperBad
Dragon Tiger Gate
Hard Boiled

All kick ass movies!!

i've seen A Crude Awakening multiple times now, and I must say that everyone should do their part to see this movie. Rent it, youtube it, whatever, but you have to see it. It will change you mind on oil like nothing else can.

[quote name='bmachine']Just watched the live-action Aeon Flux on Showtime...what a giant piece of shit that was.[/QUOTE]I fell asleep in it. In one of the action scenes, no less :lol:.
Terrible movie.

Good: War- Great action, and the story was decent. Pretty entertaining movie.

Bad: The Devils Rejects. I love horror movies, but I thought this movie was garbage. I honestly don't understand why people praise this movie. Someone please explain it to me.

I was lucky enough to be able to see Grindhouse in a theater one last time last night (I'd seen it in theaters twice before). It's been out of the other theaters in town for months, but FSU's student union theater was playing it, so that's where I saw it.

Superbad

I think I may have to preorder the dvd. I loved it.

I didn't think McLovin was the best, I think the cops and seth (and his hatred for McLovin) were the best although everyone in that movie was great.

Just saw Mr. Brooks and was quite surprised by it. It was marketed almost as a horror movie, but really isn't scary at all. It's more of a crime drama than anything else. Nothing special, but a decent watch.

on a side note I made it about 5 minutes into "Cashback" before turning it off out of boredom. I suppose it's worth watching if you like nudity, but after a while it just gets old.

Rush Hour 3

Seemed kinda slow after seeing War yesterday, but it was enjoyable. Some things didn't seem to be explained at all, but whatever...

[quote name='whoknows']Bad: The Devils Rejects. I love horror movies, but I thought this movie was garbage. I honestly don't understand why people praise this movie. Someone please explain it to me.[/quote]

You enjoy and consider both of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remakes as good horror movies so no explaining will do you good.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']You enjoy and consider both of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remakes as good horror movies so no explaining will do you good.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure The Beginning isn't a remake, but yes, I consider the newer 2 better than the originals. TCM is about blood, gore, and atmosphere and the new ones do it better.

I saw Fight Club for the first time recently and I have to say I was pretty surprised that it didn't suck ass.

A Guide to Recognizing your Saints - Decent, 6/10...Shai Lebeouf played a good role. Movie was good, but almost pointless.

Hot Fuzz (HD-DVD) - Really good, although I still prefer Shaun of the Dead, but others disagree with me.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in IMAX 3D

It's been out for a while, I know, but I had to wait for my wife to finish the book. The 3D was pretty well implemented and the film itself was the best adaptation yet, except for maybe Prisoner of Azkaban (bless you, Alfonso Cuaron).

Transformers was decent, Rush Hour 3 was decent and Silver Surfer:FF2 was decent but the last really good one I saw was the last James Bond. I can't remember the title right now though for whatever reason.

Wild Hogs. I thought it was gonna suck cause of all the people saying how good it was but once I got to sit down n watch it I must say I enjoyed it and will prolly be watching it again.

[quote name='Mac_freak']Wild Hogs. I thought it was gonna suck cause of all the people saying how good it was but once I got to sit down n watch it I must say I enjoyed it and will prolly be watching it again.[/QUOTE]
Thank for you for enjoying the hit motion picture, "Wild Hogs", on DVD and Blu-Ray Disc today!

May I ask, which performance did you enjoy the most out of all of the great performances?

Vacancy (Liked it. Didn't love the ending.)
Fracture (Seriously boring.)
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie (Hysterical bordering on annoying.)

I saw Balls of Fury yesterday.

Awful.

It was boring, predictable, and really all the best parts of the movie were shown in the trailer.

[quote name='whoknows']I saw Balls of Fury yesterday.

Awful.

It was boring, predictable, and really all the best parts of the movie were shown in the trailer.[/QUOTE]

It all depends on your taste because if you like silly comedies then it was alright. I liked it because it was silly and needed to see a silly movie to brighten up my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back