Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='kaptinmorgan']i can almost agree with that, if it weren't for the part
when he explains his issue with the girl and delves into his dick drawing obsession in his childhood
, that was literally the closest i ever came to pissing my pants in a movie theater.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that part was pretty funny, but I found more laughs in Hot Rod myself,
Like towards the end when they're walking to the jump and it's all dramatic and then the people that are following them start rioting, and that stupid "cool beans" thing :lol:
I just really enjoyed Hot Rod. Seems like it got sort of ignored though. It got to the cheap theater here in about 2 weeks...that's pretty bad.

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, that part was pretty funny, but I found more laughs in Hot Rod myself,
Like towards the end when they're walking to the jump and it's all dramatic and then the people that are following them start rioting, and that stupid "cool beans" thing :lol:
I just really enjoyed Hot Rod. Seems like it got sort of ignored though. It got to the cheap theater here in about 2 weeks...that's pretty bad.[/quote]

yeah that is a pretty good point, i also enjoyed the whole
w-hiskey thing, and the cool beans was wierd yet strangely funny, as well as the whole deal with his step-dad
yeah i guess i could bump that up to equal, maybe even a little better, gonna have to buy that movie for sure.

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']yeah that is a pretty good point, i also enjoyed the whole
w-hiskey thing, and the cool beans was wierd yet strangely funny, as well as the whole deal with his step-dad
yeah i guess i could bump that up to equal, maybe even a little better, gonna have to buy that movie for sure.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that step dad thing was highly entertaining :lol: Also that part where
He was training and then kept falling and that whole "animal kingdom" thing he did before every jump
I need to watch it again, I haven't seen it since I saw it in the theater :p

EDIT: And don't get me wrong, I liked Superbad a lot (well at least the first time...sorta fell asleep the second time), but without McLovin that movie probably would have been pretty "meh" IMO.

[quote name='mykevermin']Juno - hilarious, great soundtrack, and a good movie all around. My only complaint was a tad too much forced "teenage" dialogue.[/QUOTE]

Got dragged to this by the wife and ended up liking it. The Jason Bateman character just ringed false for me though. I agree on the dialog at times it got a little bit dawson creeky, although for the most part it was clever

Saw I am Legend (on imax with that mcd's $1 ticket made it almost 1/2 for my girl and I) last wed and Juno last thursday (free screening for Juno also made it better). And the new Batman trailer with Joker was fucking awesome on the imax screen.

Die Hard: With A Vengeance - I love this movie. Sam Jackson and Bruce Willis are top notch throughout the whole film.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Juno: (2nd viewing)
9.5/10
[/quote]
I want to see Juno so bad, fucking limited release.

Harry Potter : Phoenix something something

3/5
I actually enjoyed this one. I would have liked the series if this was the second film: it would helped greatly with the pacing of the overall story.

[quote name='GenDV138']Day of the Dead.

Probably my favorite movie from Romero's Dead series[/QUOTE]

That's a good one. I was just watching the second disc special features and there's like 30 minute of FX test videos. Awesome.

Underdog 2/5
Supercop 3/5

Blades of Glory.

Slightly amusing and surreal moment: I was on the scene where they had their first pairs performance when Ferrell is lifting Hader's character. I get a call on my cell phone with a blocked number. I answer it and amusingly, it sounded like a prank call of two guys who said they got another guy's number at a strip club and was looking for some "man love". Hahaha.

Sweeney Todd
7.5/10
Great visuals and direction, but that music was horrible; I have no problems with the musical in concept, but with such horrible songs, I do have a problem

Futurama: Bender's Big Score
8/10

Alien vs. Predator: Requiem
6/10
Awful film in terms of quality, but awesomely entertaining; definitely recommended if you're into these types of movies

[quote name='rabbitt']Yes. Yes.[/QUOTE]
I`ll have to check it out. The trailer had me on the edge of deciding if I should see it or not.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I`ll have to check it out. The trailer had me on the edge.[/QUOTE]

It's quite the charming film with a nice amount of dark humor.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Sweeney Todd
7.5/10
Great visuals and direction, but that music was horrible; I have no problems with the musical in concept, but with such horrible songs, I do have a problem[/QUOTE]
I wanted to see that because it's a musical, maybe I'll wait for the DVD

[quote name='Chacrana']I actually really liked the music in Sweeney Todd... hmm... interestingly, I usually don't like the music in musicals.[/QUOTE]
My best bet for "whoknows":

Go check out some of the music online or on iTunes and see if you like it

If you actually enjoy the music in it, than I imagine the movie is excellent for you

[quote name='whoknows']I wanted to see that because it's a musical, maybe I'll wait for the DVD[/quote]

I saw Sweeney Todd last night and I loved it. I do feel that it was made to be a musical for people who don't particularly care for musicals since the songs seem to flow throughout the characters dialogue and there are no big dance numbers that you usually see in such films. That being said, I thought it was very well done and managed to be particularly dark Tim Burton film as well as a great musical.

Well, I have to that Shoot'em Up surprised me because I didn't think it would be as good as it was. Sure there was a lot of over the top violence but it had a decent story that ran well during the time frame. Only thing they rushed the end a bit but I like how it ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back