Survivor 19: Samoa - Official Discussion Thread

When they do this, the person goes straight from one season to the next. Rupert only got a little time between the end of the one season and the start of the next. So yeah, Russell will have a huge advantage. If he pretends to be naive, somebody with an ego will start an alliance with him and probably take him to the end.

I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of fraternity between Survivor crew and cast, to the point where other people who knew if he made it to the final two or three would tell friends they've made from past seasons.

Just a reminder, but PLEASE keep spoiler-free, even if it is just an educated guess at this point. I won't follow any links, but even discussion about who might win freaks me out... Thank you....

[quote name='hufferstl']Just a reminder, but PLEASE keep spoiler-free, even if it is just an educated guess at this point. I won't follow any links, but even discussion about who might win freaks me out... Thank you....[/QUOTE]

I second this.

I think if Russell doesn't win the final immunity challenges, his goose is cooked. The rest are going to be too tempted to just get rid of Russell, especially if Brett wins the next one.

If they can get Brett out I think Russell is a lock for F3. Everyone is going to play up the villain role and how he orchestrated everyone's ouster.

[quote name='Rocko']Why the spoiler?[/QUOTE]

Just a precaution. I remember we successfully got spoiler tags eradicated on the Big Brother thread, but here and elsewhere (like the Dexter thread, where a major character has been dead for almost an entire week that apparently nobody can talk openly about) there are too many whineass titbabies on this site that expect us to all whisper in the corner for an indeterminate period. Whether that is after the West Coast airing or the Moon airing, I have no idea.

I brought up the spoiler issue when people started talking about the next survivor season. If another thread was created for that season, I could just ignore that entire thread. Not sure if I contributed to any misunderstanding, but I just didn't want to go into next season with any information.

Sure he can. He'll point out that within the context of the game he was a villain and that he isn't a villain in real life. Plus, half the time that he's doing crazy stuff in tribal councils, the Galu jury seems to be cheering for him. I think he'll win in a landslide if he gets to the finals.

[quote name='hufferstl']I brought up the spoiler issue when people started talking about the next survivor season. If another thread was created for that season, I could just ignore that entire thread. Not sure if I contributed to any misunderstanding, but I just didn't want to go into next season with any information.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I wasn't talking about you. Your complaint is very much warranted. For me, I just refer to people that come into a thread after the episode aired on both coasts and complain about spoilers. As with the Big Brother thread, where Showtime had a 3 hour live show every night that spoiled the aired episodes (you'd know who won certain competitions 4-5 days before the ep airs), in addition to the show's 24/7 webcams people subscribed to.

[quote name='Halo05']Sure he can. He'll point out that within the context of the game he was a villain and that he isn't a villain in real life. Plus, half the time that he's doing crazy stuff in tribal councils, the Galu jury seems to be cheering for him. I think he'll win in a landslide if he gets to the finals.[/QUOTE]

Well, obviously he can't beat Brett. As for the other 3, I think you are underestimating how petty people can be. Many of them won't want to vote for a person that successfully manipulated them to get rid of their own dominating faction.

[quote name='The Truth 34']Well, obviously he can't beat Brett. As for the other 3, I think you are underestimating how petty people can be. Many of them won't want to vote for a person that successfully manipulated them to get rid of their own dominating faction.[/QUOTE]

This is kind of true. Look at the season where Bob beat the hispanic woman. She ALMOST won that thing and she rode coattails the entire time and didn't do shit. They were just pissed that Bob was better than all of them.

Russell can beat Brett.

Brett didn't do shit the entire game. Nothing. Not once. Winning a few immunities when it mattered just doesn't compare to the manipulation Russell did, doesn't compare to finding 2 idols without clues. They were all fully aware of him being shady and did nothing about it. He'd get most of their votes just because they could feel shame for being ignorant about his methodology when he wore it on his sleeve.

Yes, Russell manipulated people to get them out, but those same people were smiling and doing fist pumps when Russell played idols or boldly replied to questions from Jeff and others. I think the people on the jury wouldn't want to vote for someone that couldn't outsmart Russell. The last few out might vote with emotion, but those who had time to cool down probably analyzed Russell up and down and wound up impressed with his rather insane strategy.

Wow, are these people that retarded? Why does Natalie deserve one million dollars? Because she rode the right coattails? Complete and utter bullshit. I want Russell to just go crazy and strangle someone. Worst finale ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Natalie didn't do shit in this game. Her winning was to spite Russell. If he didn't come on so strong on a villain he might have earned a couple more votes to win. That fuckface that tried to sway them to her is what made her win. That asshole was just bitter as hell because he got voted out, everytime he sat in his jury chair he looked pissed off because they all didn't hand him the million.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']That fuckface that tried to sway them to her is what made her win. That asshole was just bitter as hell because he got voted out, everytime he sat in his jury chair he looked pissed off because they all didn't hand him the million.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know why he was mad at Russell! He should be mad at the assholes sitting next to him for voting him out or mad at Natalie for telling them to vote him out. That guy is a fucking psycho that took a million dollars away from Russell.

So bogus. America got it right, the jury couldn't have got it more wrong. Russell didn't need the money and wasn't in it to sit around the campfire and make friends. He was in it to play the game, he wanted to win the game, and he did just that. The members of the jury got butthurt over it and made it personal. Giving it to the girl who did nothing but ride the coattails of the person who played the best game in Survivor history was a clear indication that they couldn't accept that they were straight up beaten and decided to make Russell pay for their humiliation. That was just the jury's petty parting shot.

fucking sucked. I'm sure I'll be back next season (in less than two months?!) but I'm not expecting anything as good as what Russell did.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']So bogus. America got it right, the jury couldn't have got it more wrong. Russell didn't need the money and wasn't in it to sit around the campfire and make friends. He was in it to play the game, he wanted to win the game, and he did just that. The members of the jury got butthurt over it and made it personal. Giving it to the girl who did nothing but ride the coattails of the person who played the best game in Survivor history was a clear indication that they couldn't accept that they were straight up beaten and decided to make Russell pay for their humiliation. That was just the jury's petty parting shot.[/QUOTE]

agreed for once I wish America would decide the soul survivor instead of the jury, who half are just jealous and bitter Russell outwit and outplayed them.

[quote name='tcrash247']I don't even know why he was mad at Russell! He should be mad at the assholes sitting next to him for voting him out or mad at Natalie for telling them to vote him out. That guy is a fucking psycho that took a million dollars away from Russell.[/QUOTE]

He wasn't mad at Russell. Something changed at the extreme end, because prior to that, he was the one they showed EVERY TIME fist pumping when Russell made a move or played an idol. Russell (or another jury member) must have said something that irked him because his whole spiel seemed like it was realtime and not a prepared question.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']agreed for once I wish America would decide the soul survivor instead of the jury, who half are just jealous and bitter Russell outwit and outplayed them.[/QUOTE]

Yes, let's let the editors decide who wins. Guess the future Bretts are forever fucked.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Yes, let's let the editors decide who wins. Guess the future Bretts are forever fucked.[/QUOTE]

yes and the future russells are forever fucked

[quote name='crunchb3rry']He wasn't mad at Russell. Something changed at the extreme end, because prior to that, he was the one they showed EVERY TIME fist pumping when Russell made a move or played an idol. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was largely his reactions that made me think that the jury more or less understood that it's a game and Russell, within the rules of the game, destroyed everyone by the largest margin in Survivor history. He smoked some Samoan wacky weed before that vote.

I wish they would've shown what percentage of the "Bonus 100k" vote that Russell got. I'd wager that it was at least 40%.

Wow that was a total crap ending. I think riding coattails is a completely viable strategy and if you can make it to the final 3 then you "deserve" to be there but Russel got hosed.

They didn't show all of the cast for the upcoming season, primarily just villains. I hope JT is on. He was one of the most standup dudes ever. He was the one teamed with that Steven nerd. The tall lanky "friend' of his with glasses that tried to throw him to the wolves at the end but he won anyway. He's probably my favorite male Survivor ever. He played the most honest game ever.

Since it's been officially promoed, do you guys want me to go ahead and make the Survivor 20 thread for discussion now, or should I just wait until February?

I'd just wait a couple days. People might still put in their two cents on this season for a day or so. I wouldn't wait until Feb. though, official casting lists are sure to pop up soon and chatter will shift to that season. Especially if Sugar is in it. Mmm....Sugar.

Can anyone say Karma? LMAO. I didn't care who won really but this was the most entertaining season EVER. I couldn't predict jack in this game.
Erik's speech was classic. Who says lying, cheating, & stealing should be rewarded over perceived weakness. Man, I'm buying this season on DVD.

It's easy to find on DVD. I know a lady who had every single episode. She's the only one I can relate to at work. Everyone else watches shit like "American Idol" or "Who Wants To fuck Flavor Flav?"

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Who's your bootlegger?[/QUOTE]

What, they don't make these on DVD anymore? I have the 1st season and assumed they made them for each season. No bootleggin for me.
May have to check Hulu or cbs.com.

Ahaha, wow. Best season of Survivor has the worst finale ever. I cannot believe the best game ever played was beaten by some bitch who didn't do a single thing.

Ridiculous.

I bet they handed the girls razors during the campaign. Stop lying Ratalie.

What did the audience yell to Erik at 15 minutes in? Hope it was "asshole". He won the game for her after Russel brought her there, she couldn't sway votes till him.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']I bet they handed the girls razors during the campaign. Stop lying Ratalie.

What did the audience yell to Erik at 15 minutes in? Hope it was "asshole".[/QUOTE]

I think it was "you're a moron" or "you're an idiot"

[quote name='Ronzilla']What, they don't make these on DVD anymore? I have the 1st season and assumed they made them for each season. No bootleggin for me.
May have to check Hulu or cbs.com.[/QUOTE]

I was kidding. Yeah, they only have certain seasons on DVD, and I don't think any have been on DVD since at least China. Though I think they may sell some on iTunes?

The stupid thing about Survivor to me is that the places they choose to put these people are usually places where people already live. fucking stupid in my opinion.

The stupid thing is the locations that look like the 1st Survivor, but it does make the best as Africa was the worst.

They should fix the rules so the jury awards $500,000 and the viewer audience decides the other $500,000, otherwise #20 is going to be passable entertainment if the "church mouse" strategy is going to dominate.

[quote name='Rocko']Ahaha, wow. Best season of Survivor has the worst finale ever. I cannot believe the best game ever played was beaten by some bitch who didn't do a single thing.

Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Garbage.

I agree with most people in that I wanted Russell to win, but what makes the show and its rules unique, is the fact that the people who decide who "deserves/wins" are the same people you played the game with. There are no rules or criteria for how to pick the winner, and while that can suck, it definitely can make it interesting. Natalie owes Erik $500,000 - that speech won it for her.

I wish they would have Survivor some place cold like Antarctica.

No wood and no wild food. No extra clothes. Make standalone testimonial cameras. Have UAVs record from a few hundred feet up. Have the entire camp bugged. That would be a real Survivor show.

EDIT: Russell should have figured out how to win. Nobody likes giant douche bags.

What another waste of a finale... I started noticing a trend during the past couple seasons that the most undeserving player wins the sole survivor and money. Russell played the best game in the history of Survivor (3 hidden idols, orchastrated every departure but 1, able to get Shambo on their side, the game changing moment of the removal of Kelly i.e. the idol and getting Johns vote, etc) and of course the remaining players were scorn... evident by Russell only receiving two votes.

The game has turned more or less into a popularity contest than the "Outwit, Outplay, Outlast" term. Survivor should just changed the tag to "Outlast" since that has been the only criteria in the selection of the winner for the past couple seasons. The only thing Natalie had up on Russell was that she was friendly and talked to the other tribe. Heck, Brett was crushing on her. Well at least the season up to the last episode was good and entertaining.

At least America felt Natalie wasn't deserving at all... she didn't even make it into the top 3 for the at home prize.

This is at or above the level of bullshit witnessed when Danielle lost Big Brother 3 after playing a fantastic game.

bread's done
Back