Survivor: Philippines thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Necrozilla']I thought Jeff said in last week's episode there wasn't going to be any more tribe challenges. They can't even edit themselves.

I wouldn't risk any injury off that slide for a 7UP (lol really).[/QUOTE]

They clearly had to scramble and merged the tribes earlier then they were planning.

THey should have just called this episode "Forget Survivor, we've got 7-Up in this bitch!"

Really wish that Jay would have talked to Troyzan, so he could talk to Mike, then give his idol to Mike and they all vote out Kim. Would have been a killer move.

Incredibly underwhelmed with this season, especially after the appendicitis episode.

There's enough dead weight this season to sink an armada. So many to choose from... and yet I'm still upset with the final vote.

Best line of the ep: "You've been Tarzan'd."

Man, those guys are dumber than a box of rocks.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']THey should have just called this episode "Forget Survivor, we've got 7-Up in this bitch!"

Really wish that Jay would have talked to Troyzan, so he could talk to Mike, then give his idol to Mike and they all vote out Kim. Would have been a killer move.[/QUOTE]That would have been an excellent move, especially since she wouldn't have seen it coming.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']THey should have just called this episode "Forget Survivor, we've got 7-Up in this bitch!"

Really wish that Jay would have talked to Troyzan, so he could talk to Mike, then give his idol to Mike and they all vote out Kim. Would have been a killer move.[/QUOTE]

Problem is that Troyzan bought Kim's (The bridal shop owner) story about Mike undermining him hook, line and sinker. I can't believe people on survivor would be that trusting. But Troyzan was happy to vote for Mike and won't realize that he's the next target until its too late. Kim played a great game this episode - was completely on top of who to tell what and played damage control immediately when the other girl asked Jay who should be voted out in front of Alicia and Kristina.

I love Kat... doesn't know what an appendix is and comes up with new words like "rantics".

My wife thought that the "Tarzan" votes by Alicia and Kristina might have been an attempt to hide the girls alliance...

[quote name='cheapfrag']I love Kat... doesn't know what an appendix is and comes up with new words like "rantics".[/QUOTE]

My favorite new word this season was from Jay: "bumpuzzled".

[quote name='cheapfrag']

My wife thought that the "Tarzan" votes by Alicia and Kristina might have been an attempt to hide the girls alliance...[/QUOTE]

They were probably worried about an idol being played

[quote name='cheapfrag']Jay, what did you do? You have no one to blame but yourself.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The fact that Jay and Troyzan couldn't get on the same page was the downfall of the men. Troyzan has to basically win out for immunity now unless he can convince Christina and someone else to flip and get Tarzan to not be an idiot (why did he vote for Jay?)... which is going to be tough to do.

He was smart enough to know Kim was flipping on him even though she kept reassuring him. Too bad he didn't realize it last week when she tricked him into voting off Mike.

Tarzan is an idiot. It's weird because when he talks, he sounds really smart, but you can tell he's mostly talking out of his ass. His actions basically prove that.

[quote name='Javery']...and get Tarzan to not be an idiot (why did he vote for Jay?)... which is going to be tough to do.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand Tarzan. He clearly is not going to win a lot of immunity challenges and he clearly is the "odd man" out when it comes to the girl's alliance. But maybe he feels that he'll be taken along to the finals since no one would vote for him (which would be attractive to the power person), or maybe he feels if he gets far enough along he can swoop in when (if) there is chaos. But one thing that I've learned about Tarzan is that he is NOT FLEXIBLE (especially with last minute decisions). He makes a decision and he sticks by it and HATES anyone that questions that decision or changes their mind.

Also, I thought it was funny last week when he said something like "If I'm wrong, I admit it. If I am wronged, then I get mad." Problem is, from what I have seen, he NEVER thinks he is wrong.

[quote name='Tsel']Tarzan is an idiot. It's weird because when he talks, he sounds really smart, but you can tell he's mostly talking out of his ass. His actions basically prove that.[/QUOTE]
AND he's a plastic surgeon. Yikes.

Yeah, I didn't understand Leif's position either. He voted for Alicia. Sooo...he's only on board with Jay then? It blows my mind how many people just have no idea what's going on (Tarzan, Leif, Christina, Alicia). I agree that Troyzan has an extremely tough road ahead, but you'd think he could get Tarzan and Leif to vote with him easily. Christina has to know that she's just dead weight, and means nothing to the Kim/Chelsea/Sabrina alliance, so even the idea of getting her to flip isn't unreasonable.

Then, you're down to Kat or Alicia. Alicia is way too far stuck up her own ass to realize that the other women don't care about her, and Kat's probably just too naive. Getting Kat to flip would be the linchpin, and I just don't know if it's possible. Too little, too late, at this point.

Troyzan and Jay really should have had a serious talk after the immunity challenge, pointing out how safe Alicia and Christina felt, that they didn't even try to win. For a "tribe" that was getting its members picked off, that would have struck me as odd. Troyzan touched on it at tribal (ie. people cheering when he lost), but again...too late. I'm definitely pulling for Troyzan at this point though because all the cards are on the table, and he knows exactly what he's up against. It would make for a hell of a run to see him come back from this.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']AND he's a plastic surgeon. Yikes.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I don't normally judge people by their looks, but I'm not letting that guy perform any sort of appearance altering operation on me.

[quote name='Tsel']My thoughts exactly. I don't normally judge people by their looks, but I'm not letting that guy perform any sort of appearance altering operation on me.[/QUOTE]

I'd let him graft a pair of those muttonchops on me.

So, Jay's a model, eh? Sure feel like his entire stay on Survivor has been a blonde moment, he doesn't have any sense. Can't buy a clue. And he's been played two weeks in a row. Makes me wish they'd featured him a bit more, so we could see how many times he thought he was right, when in fact, he wasn't.

I was sure Kim was gonna get voted out, still wish she would have (probably too late, now). Leif, Kristina, Tarzan, Troyzan all gotta pick up their game, act united, not divided. Or they're next. Most predictably, they won't work together.

Leif and Christina are the biggest morons there. They just sit there waiting to be picked off. Can't see that Kim already has her final three decided, whereas Troy might give them consideration for his own now that he's basically a lone wolf.

Leif is dumber than a bag of hammers. Literally, he's like a deer in the headlights when anybody talks to him. Christina thinks she can just be nice and float. If those two don't get their heads out their asses this is gonna be the same old shit that happens every season.

It's like the producers don't even try anymore. Have they had one challenge that didn't result in half of them feasting like kings? They don't even need to fucking fish anymore. "You hungry? Just wait a day, we'll get a reward challenge. Lost the challenge and your tummy still rumbling? Wait another day, then it'll be your turn to eat."

[quote name='cancermatt']So, Jay's a model, eh? Sure feel like his entire stay on Survivor has been a blonde moment, he doesn't have any sense. Can't buy a clue. And he's been played two weeks in a row. Makes me wish they'd featured him a bit more, so we could see how many times he thought he was right, when in fact, he wasn't.

I was sure Kim was gonna get voted out, still wish she would have (probably too late, now). Leif, Kristina, Tarzan, Troyzan all gotta pick up their game, act united, not divided. Or they're next. Most predictably, they won't work together.[/QUOTE]

I knew she had no chance of getting voted out since they didnt show anyone else discussing the possibility of voting her out

[quote name='Tsel']Tarzan is an idiot. It's weird because when he talks, he sounds really smart, but you can tell he's mostly talking out of his ass. His actions basically prove that.[/QUOTE]

I know he's a plastic surgeon, which makes me wonder if he's someone who lives comfortably financially. He really doesn't play like someone who's interested in winning the million dollars, but someone who is just there for an extended vacation.

But perhaps that's me just giving him the benefit of the doubt, because my brain just has an extremely difficult time accepting that anyone would let him near them with surgical tools.

[quote name='cancermatt']So, Jay's a model, eh? Sure feel like his entire stay on Survivor has been a blonde moment, he doesn't have any sense. Can't buy a clue. And he's been played two weeks in a row. Makes me wish they'd featured him a bit more, so we could see how many times he thought he was right, when in fact, he wasn't.[/quote]

Eh, up until this week, it seemed like Jay was the only one on the men's tribe who was able to think a step ahead and see things might not be going the way he was told they were going to. I just don't know why he went from being suspicious last week to just accepting everything they were saying this week, especially after that extremely weak performance they did to try to convince him they were okay with voting Alicia out.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']It's like the producers don't even try anymore. Have they had one challenge that didn't result in half of them feasting like kings? They don't even need to fucking fish anymore. "You hungry? Just wait a day, we'll get a reward challenge. Lost the challenge and your tummy still rumbling? Wait another day, then it'll be your turn to eat."[/QUOTE]

It's sad that the "survival" aspect of the show has pretty much been cast to the wayside in recent seasons. I was complaining about that during The Season of Boston Rob, but thought maybe that was just done as a way of luring former players back into the game. They're giving food rewards before the merge that used to be reserved for very late in the game. I don't even understand why they were getting so excited about Jeff's various temptations this week when they're practically eating more food than I do.

[quote name='Cantatus'] I don't even understand why they were getting so excited about Jeff's various temptations this week when they're practically eating more food than I do.[/QUOTE]

"HOLY SHIT! A bowl of M&Ms! I'll drop out of the game for that right now!"

yeah, the whole "survival" aspect has really been toned down. They shelters they build are awesome because they have basically all the tools they need plus a tarp. They get fire handed to them early to keep warm (remember when people used to actually rub sticks together?). It's gotten so bad that they make the biggest deal out of one night of rain - back when it started it seemed like everyone was wet, tired, hungry and uncomfortable all the time. Maybe they are worried about liability or something... I don't know.

About Tarzan, I think he's probably smarter than he seems. I work in healthcare and deal with physicians daily. Socially, most are inept and to talk to them about anything other than their specialty is to realize that everyone - even very smart people - can be idiots at times. For Tarzan, he is way out of his element what with having to deal with the "common person" and not sipping his wine every night. I'm pretty sure he knew going in he wouldn't win, if not for the reason he's likely wealthy, then because he's just not a social person. I'm sure he knows that.

Good for Troy. I hope he can shake some sense into the lower pecking order people, but now it will be more difficult with 8 people. I just can't believe Kristina and Alicia are just going along with the other 4 girls... they have to realize that they are 5 & 6 in the pecking order at best.

I also found it incredible that Chelsea said Jonus handle the situation better ("like a man") as opposed to Troy. Say what? Jonus is on the jury... Troy is fighting to stay in the game. Apparently she feels Troy leaving is inevitable so he shouldn't stir the pot... give me a break... I hope Troy can work some magic!

[quote name='cheapfrag']Good for Troy. I hope he can shake some sense into the lower pecking order people, but now it will be more difficult with 8 people. I just can't believe Kristina and Alicia are just going along with the other 4 girls... they have to realize that they are 5 & 6 in the pecking order at best.

I also found it incredible that Chelsea said Jonus handle the situation better ("like a man") as opposed to Troy. Say what? Jonus is on the jury... Troy is fighting to stay in the game. Apparently she feels Troy leaving is inevitable so he shouldn't stir the pot... give me a break... I hope Troy can work some magic![/QUOTE]

The stupidity of the contestants in this season is astounding. Kim and Troy are the only ones who have a clue what is going on. Tarzan voted for Leif! Unbelievable. He doesn't even have an alliance!

Chelsea made it obvious at tribal that she doesn't understand basic math. "If you vote Kim out tonight we will just vote you out next week" LOL. Kat is borderline retarded. Christina and Alicia are too stupid to realize that they are playing for 5th and 6th place if this trend continues.

The time to make a move and shake things up was last night. It's too late now. The best Troy can hope for is getting a 4-4 tie now because I don't see that women's alliance cracking... unless Kat is tricked somehow which isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I also love how the people in the "majority" get all pissed off at the person they are obviously targeting when that person fights back. They want Troy to "take it like a man" instead of actually trying to stay in the game. The sun must fry your brain out there because this happens every season and it inevitably leads to someone who sucks winning the whole thing over someone who played the game, won challenges and pulled the strings.

[quote name='Javery']Kat is borderline retarded.[/QUOTE]

Man, she is just amazing. We should come up with some of her best lines:
"rantics"
"what's appendicitis?"
"Can I bet $30?" (No Kat, it's multiples of $20)
There was something else last night that I was amazed that she didn't know (that my 14 year old daughter did). I had to look it up "Awesome, there's Bacon on my BLT"

Also, I thought it was hypocritical that Chelsea thought Kristina should have bet all he money to get the advantage... She's eating her reward but Kristina should forgo a reward "for the team".

[BTW, I could NOT believe that Troy did not immediately bid $500 for that advantage. It could have backfired if Kristina then offered $500, because he would not be able to outbid her. One of the girls actually said "Bid 500". I almost thought she may have let him have it so that he could win immunity and she could make a deal with him to eliminate a power player. But alas, she didn't. Anyway, I kept screaming at the TV: "Bid $500 Troy!"]

[quote name='cheapfrag']Man, she is just amazing. We should come up with some of her best lines:
"rantics"
"what's appendicitis?"
"Can I bet $30?" (No Kat, it's multiples of $20)
There was something else last night that I was amazed that she didn't know (that my 14 year old daughter did).

Also, I thought it was hypocritical that Chelsea thought Kristina should have bet all he money to get the advantage... She's eating her reward but Kristina should someone forgo an reward "for the team".

[BTW, I could NOT believe that Troy did not immediately bid $500 for that advantage. It could have backfired if Kristina then offered $500, because he would not be able to outbid her. I almost thought she may have let him have it so that he could win immunity and she could make a deal with him to eliminate a power player. But alas, she didn't. Anyway, I kept screaming at the TV: "Bid $500 Troy!"][/QUOTE]

She bought the BLT and said "wow, there's bacon on it?!"

[quote name='cheapfrag'][BTW, I could NOT believe that Troy did not immediately bid $500 for that advantage. It could have backfired if Kristina then offered $500, because he would not be able to outbid her. One of the girls actually said "Bid 500". I almost thought she may have let him have it so that he could win immunity and she could make a deal with him to eliminate a power player. But alas, she didn't. Anyway, I kept screaming at the TV: "Bid $500 Troy!"][/QUOTE]

I was doing the same thing. What were they thinking?

I even said to my wife before the auction started that the girls were going to jump on the food rewards immediately and spend all their money, leaving them unable to compete with Troy for the immunity challenge advantage. Christina still had money, but for the most part, it was pretty predictable.

Couldn't agree more. I was about to pull my hair out when Jeff basically spelled out at tribal "YEAH...it's hard deciding when the time is right to make a move..." :wall: Are you kidding me??? It was now or never. How is it that Troy could see Kim/Chelsea/Sabrina/Kat as being "the four", but Alicia and Christina couldn't? What other outcome could either of them possibly see that doesn't result in them finishing 5th and 6th?

And Tarzan voting for Leif...don't even freaking get me started. He's bathing him in the ocean one minute...and sending him home the next. At this point, I'm convinced that Tarzan actually hates Survivor and is just getting a kick out of fucking everything up. I thought Troy did a great job selling the point though (or at least a lot better than people have done in past seasons). He sat there and told them flat out "If you don't do this...it could be you going home...or you." Well, he was right. THAT would have been the time for him to be gloating. He should have just said "I told you so" over and over.

The previews for next week show Troy trying to drive a wedge between Sabrina and Kim. If he can pull that off, he's probably the greatest player ever. But I just don't see it happening. I don't see how flipping to Troy would really benefit Sabrina, unless she just thinks she'd get more votes going to the end with him than going with Kim. To me it's a toss up. But who knows. This season's contestants have made so many stupid decisions, it's hard to rule anything out. It would be nice to see a group of people who actually understand strategy though...or even math, for that matter, lol.

Still truly hate these contestants, they're so stupid. Yet I keep watchin, cuz it's one of my faves... I've pulled a 180 on Christina. Originally, since the beginning, I've wanted her to show some emotion, step up and win a challenge, at least vote off alicia, and yet she does... nothing. How does she think she'll get far without making a power move? *sigh*

And I'm totally pulling for Troyzan to find the next idol... yet I can't stand his gloating. I was worried he wouldn't get the $500 hint, happy he did. Now, if he makes it to the end, he may have pulled one of the 2nd best comebacks (behind both of russell's evil seasons)... but he may have pulled a russell and burned all social bridges with his braggadocious behavior.

Simple hint to win survivor: play sneaky, blindsides for power moves, and stay humble till the end. Any bragging behvaior before the end and it'll always bite you in the ass. And I'm really feeling Kim is gonna win it all. *sigh*

Sure hope not. I'll keep watching.

Troyzan gloating is just strategy, and not one he should be trying. Because like Sabrina said, he became a different person over the course of one day. Where I think even they know he's just trying to play the "i'll make everybody hate me, so they take me to the end" thing. You can't have everybody like you for weeks and then try to get them to think you're an asshole without it reeking of strategy. It would have been like Colton suddenly in hot water and being polite to people.

That was the only dumb move of Troy's generally flawless gameplay. Hopefully their fear of him winning another immunity will help him bust up that foursome. He'd probably still not make it to the end, but could get Kim Jong Il outta there.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Troyzan gloating is just strategy, and not one he should be trying. Because like Sabrina said, he became a different person over the course of one day. Where I think even they know he's just trying to play the "i'll make everybody hate me, so they take me to the end" thing. You can't have everybody like you for weeks and then try to get them to think you're an asshole without it reeking of strategy. It would have been like Colton suddenly in hot water and being polite to people.

That was the only dumb move of Troy's generally flawless gameplay. Hopefully their fear of him winning another immunity will help him bust up that foursome. He'd probably still not make it to the end, but could get Kim Jong Il outta there.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was strategy at all. He's smarter than that, and I think he recognizes that may have been the thing to cost him getting people to flip (especially considering the way Tarzan called him out on it). To me, he responded like a wounded animal. They had him backed into a corner, and as soon as he got the chance, he lashed out. I seriously doubt he's very proud of it either. I don't think we should read into it too much. We're not watching Oscar winning actors here. The odds were stacked against him, and he beat them. Seemed like an honest reaction to me.

I just thought it was fishy that he gloated in the middle of a challenge. I kept thinking "Okay, cool, but what if Tarzan beats you?" But yeah, I guess I'd rub it in peoples' faces too. Only it wasn't exactly like they were doing to him what Colton did to Christina. She had more of a right than Troy to flip out. Kinda starting to understand why she didn't bid for that clue. Like I've always thought, they could have pulled off what Troy wanted. Christina would have been onboard, probably curly haired bitchy girl too. Only problem: Tarzan is on a oneman crusade to basically just clusterfuck everything for shits and giggles, and Leif is dumber than a warehouse full of bags of hammers.

Only thing that episode made me believe is that Sabrina is a total cooz.

Kim is awesome. She has been controlling the game from the beginning and really hasn't done any dirty work since Chelsea was the one promising Jay and Troy that their alliance was tight. She's also kind of hot.

Somebody on the comments from this weeks episode suggested that Cristina and Alicia made a smarter move keeping with the women rather than flipping to go with Troy and the other guys since doing that would guarantee them no better than 4 & 5 place. Whereas if they went with the women then once all the men are gone there is a better chance of the women not sticking to the plan and one of them working up to a better position.

But that would require someone other than Kim to take control and start rocking the boat and that seems highly unlikely at this point.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Somebody on the comments from this weeks episode suggested that Cristina and Alicia made a smarter move keeping with the women rather than flipping to go with Troy and the other guys since doing that would guarantee them no better than 4 & 5 place. Whereas if they went with the women then once all the men are gone there is a better chance of the women not sticking to the plan and one of them working up to a better position.

But that would require someone other than Kim to take control and start rocking the boat and that seems highly unlikely at this point.[/QUOTE]

By sticking with the girls they are guaranteed 5th and 6th place (unless they can work their way up somehow). By flipping to the guys they would have guaranteed 4th and 5th place in a MUCH weaker alliance and with way more opportunity to move up, IMO.

Leif was dumber than Kat. By a friggin' landslide. Kat as least knows the basic rules of Survivor. Leif couldn't even comprehend common sense.

I think Tarzan is playing a great game for a 2nd place finish. As for those girls not flipping, they might as well wait for Troyzan to go out and then team up with Tarzan to take out Kim and crew.

[quote name='hufferstl']I think Tarzan is playing a great game for a 2nd place finish. As for those girls not flipping, they might as well wait for Troyzan to go out and then team up with Tarzan to take out Kim and crew.[/QUOTE]

Alicia and Christina...team up with Tarzan...to take out Kim...and Chelsea...and Sabrina...and Kat? Your strategy and math abilities seem to be about on part with this season's contestants. Perhaps you should audition for next season. :whistle2:s

Yeah, if that was possible they'd have to do it now with Troy's vote to create a tie. If that doesn't happen, those three are gone. Or maybe Alicia being a bitch will pay off and she'll get a red carpet to finals.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Alicia and Christina...team up with Tarzan...to take out Kim...and Chelsea...and Sabrina...and Kat? Your strategy and math abilities seem to be about on part with this season's contestants. Perhaps you should audition for next season. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
Yes, they are on part with them. :)

I was talking about forcing a 3/3 vote(Tar, Kat, Christina)or (more likely) getting Sab/Alicia to switch to get rid of one of the powerful girls(Chelsea/Kim). Sounds better to me than playing Troyzan's game for him to win it all.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I don't think it was strategy at all. He's smarter than that, and I think he recognizes that may have been the thing to cost him getting people to flip (especially considering the way Tarzan called him out on it). To me, he responded like a wounded animal. They had him backed into a corner, and as soon as he got the chance, he lashed out. I seriously doubt he's very proud of it either. I don't think we should read into it too much. We're not watching Oscar winning actors here. The odds were stacked against him, and he beat them. Seemed like an honest reaction to me.[/QUOTE]

Troy's main weakness is that he's too emotional. Despite being a fairly intelligent guy who is able to look a few steps ahead, he tends to act in the moment. It's the very weakness Kim was able to exploit to get him to vote out Mike.

And, I wouldn't doubt in the least if it was his reaction that played a part in keeping Alicia and Christina from flipping to his alliance. When you see someone gloating like that, it's not hard to want to take them down a notch.

Of course, even worse, he is likely hurting his prospects of being able to win this season at all. He's going to be like Russell - a person who is deserving of winning, but pisses off everyone on the jury before he makes it to the end.

I think I might be done with this season. I can suffer these idiots no longer. Yes, Kat. You are a follower, and also a moron. Oh, poor Kim: "Winning this challenge is the worst day I've had out here". Give me a fucking break.

fuck it, Probst. Meddling from production be damned. Just straight out scream into their faces that they're letting this whole game pass them by to end up in fifth or sixth place. It's so obvious what he's trying to convey, yet Christina and Kat sit there with blank stares.

And I'll be shocked if her students' parents aren't calling for Alicia's job as a special ed teacher after what she said tonight.

This season sucks now. Even the preview...it's like "Let's all vote Sabrina, not Kim or Chelsea." Bunch of sheep. Kim won already.

ANOTHER reward challenge? These have to be the most spoiled bunch yet. What a pathetic season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back