Survivor: Philippines thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the days when the reward was a spear and some goggles. Now they get ice cream parlors set up for them in the middle of the jungle.

Sabrina telling Christina they were throwing votes her way was a major slip of the tongue. However, Christina being dumb enough to not figure out why is just pure stupidity. A shame Troy is out. Kim deserves the win; unfortunately.

Christina is the dumbest/weak-willed person I've ever seen on that show. This season has been so boring, and I don't think it has any chance of having one memorable moment.

[quote name='hufferstl']Christina is the dumbest/weak-willed person I've ever seen on that show. This season has been so boring, and I don't think it has any chance of having one memorable moment.[/QUOTE]Have to agree with all the points on that one.

Pretty much, Kim is being handed the win because people don't take the obvious chances to dump her out the door. Plus, since she's going to have all these loyal women on the jury, she's likely to be guaranteed votes from them with the "sticking with them" that Kim is doing.

They could have tossed Chelsea in place of Kim this week and dumped Kim last week if people just stepped up and made some big moves.

At least this season is better than last season, though it's not saying much there.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I remember the days when the reward was a spear and some goggles. Now they get ice cream parlors set up for them in the middle of the jungle.[/QUOTE]

And the ice cold refreshing taste of 7-up

[quote name='pitfallharry219']

And I'll be shocked if her students' parents aren't calling for Alicia's job as a special ed teacher after what she said tonight.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad they showed that unlike when her and Colton made squinty eyes while making fun of Christina and they made it a deleted scene. Shes a POS.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']And I'll be shocked if her students' parents aren't calling for Alicia's job as a special ed teacher after what she said tonight.[/QUOTE]
I am pretty sure she lost that job prior to this past episode. Tonight was just further proof to support their decision. Just wait until she tears up on the reunion like "That wasn't the real me... boo hoo hoo:cry:".

[quote name='Shrike4242']Pretty much, Kim is being handed the win because people don't take the obvious chances to dump her out the door.[/quote]
Completely agree. As long as Kim keeps Kat around long enough, she cakewalks to the mil.

[quote name='hufferstl']Christina is the dumbest/weak-willed person I've ever seen on that show.[/quote]
She is up there but no one takes the cake like Erik. Speaking of her, how did she not get even the slightest mad over them throwing her under the bus...

This season has been so boring, and I don't think it has any chance of having one memorable moment.
Complaints like this is why they rode the bring back players angle. As for memorable moments, did you not see Chelsea oilying herself up... that was memorable enough ;)

[quote name='lordopus99']

As for memorable moments, did you not see Chelsea oilying herself up... that was memorable enough ;)[/QUOTE]

That was nice. Also, as much as she has a terrible personality I think a good motorboat on Alicia would turn that attitude around. That's just me.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Kat is the dumbest survivor ever. [/QUOTE]
I totally agree. She can't grasp the idea of making a move. And having a thought for herself... even when she's told, point blank, she hasn't made an original move all season, she cries... then returns to following.

Chelsea is possibly the hottest.
You totally lost all credibility. I've seen every season. Plenty of natural talent have come and gone. Chelsea admitted to having a boob job, and even with it, she's no where close to the best.

I was surprised Troyzan didn't even attempt to find that individual immunity, just tried to play up fear... badly. Like I said previously, he was trying to follow in Russell's footsteps, but failed badly. At least find the ACTUAL immunity idol instead of doing nothing.

Wonder how M. Burnett et al. weeded out all these followers this season? Is there a question on the application that asks if you'll blindly follow anyone till the very end, no matter if it helps you or not? You're chosen.

[quote name='cancermatt']
I was surprised Troyzan didn't even attempt to find that individual immunity, just tried to play up fear... badly. Like I said previously, he was trying to follow in Russell's footsteps, but failed badly. At least find the ACTUAL immunity idol instead of doing nothing.
[/QUOTE]

They do have to edit DAYS of footage down to 40 minutes. So I would bet they just didn't want to put in more footage of him looking for the idol.

I have only watched the first episode this season, I missed the next few weeks, then before I knew it, I'm this far behind. How has this season been so far? Should I go back and watch it and try and catch up? If it's been "meh" like the last several season then I'll just forget about it at this point. This is the first season since season 2 that I haven't watched religiously, am I missing out?

[quote name='tcrash247']I have only watched the first episode this season, I missed the next few weeks, then before I knew it, I'm this far behind. How has this season been so far? Should I go back and watch it and try and catch up? If it's been "meh" like the last several season then I'll just forget about it at this point. This is the first season since season 2 that I haven't watched religiously, am I missing out?[/QUOTE]

Not really. Although tonight's elimination was awesome. "Blindsides are fun and exciting!" LOL DUMBASS.

That was great. She was so overconfident, and then BAM! Like a big ass truck. Surely I wasn't the only one getting some weird vibes from between her and her cousin, right?

She lied. She said blindsides were fun and exciting. She wasn't smiling and didn't look too excited.

Lol, bunch of morons. Vote Kim out you stupid fucks.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I can't believe that was Kim's OLDER sister.[/QUOTE]

I questioned the exact same thing. The sister was way hotter than Kim, i would have guessed YOUNGER sister.

[quote name='Javery']"Blindsides are fun and exciting!" LOL DUMBASS.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing... open mouth, insert foot. Oh, and she was "hurt" by choosing folks to accompany her on a reward, because she had to look at their disappointment?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Surely I wasn't the only one getting some weird vibes from between her and her cousin, right?[/QUOTE]

Nope, said to the my wife and daughter that they might be kissing cousins.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Kim's growing a bitchin' mustache.[/QUOTE]

I only noticed it in the interview shots (in the shade) but I thought the I saw some darkness above her lip. I was actually surprise by the comment that Kim is 28... I thought she acts much older. It's going to be tough to vote KIm out... not just due to the numbers, but because she is just a very "aware" player and is completely on top of things. Like when Kat did not choose Tarzan and/or Kristina, she said she would have to work damage control when she got back. She's always thinking ahead about the game

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I can't believe that was Kim's OLDER sister.[/QUOTE]

Same here. My wife was like "wow, Kim spends a lot of time in the sun" because her skin is so leathery. Also I couldn't believe that Sabrina's brother was older. He was exactly who I would choose to bring although we were joking that he was probably pissed that the challenge wasn't a bench press contest. My wife and I always laugh when people get so emotional about seeing their significant other - it's 39 days max! - bring someone who can actually help you WIN.

[quote name='cheapfrag']It's going to be tough to vote KIm out... not just due to the numbers, but because she is just a very "aware" player and is completely on top of things. Like when Kat did not choose Tarzan and/or Kristina, she said she would have to work damage control when she got back. She's always thinking ahead about the game[/QUOTE]

Kim is the only one who should win - she is a fantastic player. She is always strategizing and she is great at challenges. Most important of all, she is mentally tougher than everyone else. I also wouldn't mind seeing Tarzan win because it would be so unlikely. He's the classic "we can get rid of him whenever we want so let's keep him around a little longer" player who then manages to win the whole thing.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']That was great. She was so overconfident, and then BAM! Like a big ass truck. Surely I wasn't the only one getting some weird vibes from between her and her cousin, right?[/QUOTE]You weren't. I saw it immediately when she jumped on him and was one step from humping him right then and there.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Kim's growing a bitchin' mustache.[/QUOTE]Noticed that as well. Pretty funny that they wouldn't "edit" that out in post-production.

[quote name='Javery']Yes but her abs are awesome.[/QUOTE]No food for a while will do that for you.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I can't believe that was Kim's OLDER sister.[/QUOTE]That did seem like her "younger" sister, though I guess life as a wedding dress store owner does you in over time?

[quote name='Javery']Same here. My wife was like "wow, Kim spends a lot of time in the sun" because her skin is so leathery. Also I couldn't believe that Sabrina's brother was older. He was exactly who I would choose to bring although we were joking that he was probably pissed that the challenge wasn't a bench press contest. My wife and I always laugh when people get so emotional about seeing their significant other - it's 39 days max! - bring someone who can actually help you WIN.

Kim is the only one who should win - she is a fantastic player. She is always strategizing and she is great at challenges. Most important of all, she is mentally tougher than everyone else. I also wouldn't mind seeing Tarzan win because it would be so unlikely. He's the classic "we can get rid of him whenever we want so let's keep him around a little longer" player who then manages to win the whole thing.[/QUOTE]Kim's certainly been spending lots of time in the sun, as we've seen lots of shots of her sunbathing on the beach.

Sabrina's brother is older like Kim's sister is older.

Some people get so emotional about it because I'm sure this was the only time they've been away from their SO for that long. It may only be 39 days in the game, though I'm sure there's a week or more ahead of the game starting for getting ready, going through stuff with CBS and the like.

Kim's the only one who's really playing the game, and with multiple chances to be kicked out the door, she's probably going to win because she's still in there.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Nope, said to the my wife and daughter that they might be kissing cousins.

I only noticed it in the interview shots (in the shade) but I thought the I saw some darkness above her lip. I was actually surprise by the comment that Kim is 28... I thought she acts much older. It's going to be tough to vote KIm out... not just due to the numbers, but because she is just a very "aware" player and is completely on top of things. Like when Kat did not choose Tarzan and/or Kristina, she said she would have to work damage control when she got back. She's always thinking ahead about the game[/QUOTE]I'm sure it's more that just kissing with those two cousins.

I looked closer on paused stills from my DVR and yes, it's certainly hair. There were a couple of close-ups when she was talking with someone that it was pretty obvious.

There have been multiple times they could have blindsided Kim and it would never have been known, though people just don't want to move away from Kim's direction she's taking the game. At least 2-3 times where it would have been an option and no one jumped on it.

She's the most strategic person in the game, and no one was close to her. I don't want her to win, though she can play the "I played the game the best, vote for me" card if she makes it to the final 3. If she's vulnerable to being voted out, it won't happen at this point because she has momentum behind her now and not enough people willing to cross her to dump her out the door.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Leif was dumber than Kat. By a friggin' landslide. Kat as least knows the basic rules of Survivor. Leif couldn't even comprehend common sense.[/QUOTE]

Still think so? I don't. Kat was by far "the most naive player in Survivor history," either words spoken by Jeff, Kat herself, or someone else...

So, blindsides are fun? Arrogant people on Survivor (as in real life) aren't fun.

[quote name='cancermatt']but once they become arrogant I'm no longer a fan. Karma seemed to show up just in time to keep this season relevant.[/QUOTE]

Originally, I wasn't speaking of Kat. But it applies just the same. She's naive. She's young. She's dumb. Y'all give her WAY too much credit. She didn't see this coming by a mile. By a million miles. That's why she was crying at the end.

And it all adds up to just another (of the many) clueless "players" of this season. Can they make it stop already? The fun is gone. Been gone for a long time this year. 3/4 of the season has been incredibly predictable.

At this point in this horrible season, what I'd like to see happen is Kim completely fuck herself over by getting too greedy. It started to happen this past week with her wanting to take Kat and Alicia to the finals. For one, I think that plan was terrible because if it had worked, Kat would have gotten all the guys votes and most likely the votes of the women Kim screwed over. She's lucky that move didn't work out for her.

But I don't know how Chelsea isn't questioning Kim's motives now. If the Day 1 alliance was Kim/Chelsea/Sabrina...and Kim was pushing to vote out Sabrina...what does that tell you? If she's willing to double cross Sabrina, she's willing to double cross you. I'm pulling for Chelsea, and in a way, I'd like to see her get her own final 3 together, and blindside Kim's ass. But at the same time...just going along with what Kim wants and letting her piss everybody off might be a better strategy this late in the game.

I wouldn't even mind Kim winning because she has played a great game. I just don't like the idea of nobody challenging her and her sleepwalking to a million dollars. As I told my wife, there was basically one move made this entire game, and it was Kim convincing Troy that Mike wanted to vote him out. That was the end for the guys, and Kim has just been sailing ever since.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I remember the days when the reward was a spear and some goggles. Now they get ice cream parlors set up for them in the middle of the jungle.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Kim has probably not lost any weight - she has been on every freaking reward. The stupidity of the contestants is really astounding. Why did it make sense to get rid of Tarzan? He is the least threatening person to win immunity and he readily admits that he sided with the girls to vote out the guys (so less likely to get jury votes plus the fact he is unlikable and generally viewed as a non-contributor).

Kim, Chelsea and Sabrina in the final 3 might actually be interesting because it could be a toss-up but that means predictable and boring to get to that point (Christina voted off next followed by Alicia). This season has really been awful - they need to get back to casting people who are not idiots.

Alicia saying that she is running the game is hilarious. And I seriously can't believe how everyone believes whatever Kim says to them.

[quote name='hufferstl']Alicia saying that she is running the game is hilarious. And I seriously can't believe how everyone believes whatever Kim says to them.[/QUOTE]

I could see the jury buying that and combine that with potential bitterness and I could see her winning. That would cause me to vomit.

[quote name='cancermatt']Still think so? I don't. Kat was by far "the most naive player in Survivor history," either words spoken by Jeff, Kat herself, or someone else...
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I still think so. She was naive, but she was playing. The entire time they're talking at council, Leif was starting off in a daze. Should be a fun finale night when he asks a generic question like "How would you spend the money if you won?"

Christina>>>>>Chelsea in terms of hotness

Also fuck Blossom

Returning players (probably Colton) but not all stars? Jesus they have learned nothing.

[quote name='yankeessuck']Christina>>>>>Chelsea in terms of hotness[/QUOTE]

Christina is pretty hot but Chelsea is off the charts.

What a boring season. Kim had this game won 2 months ago and it played out just like everyone thought it would. The only "surprise" to me is that Chelsea got 0 votes. I thought it was a tactical mistake bringing Chelsea and Sabrina to the final 3 but it turns out it wouldn't have mattered. All Kim had to do was get there and she was guaranteed the win.

I thought the final tribal council was kind of weird. Troyzan wasn't as angry as I thought he would be. Leif and Mike seemed the most bitter but for no apparent reason. I was half expecting Kim to tell Lief she didn't even remember who he was. Jonas was great when he said it was a "serious decision" and then was like "just kidding!" That is exactly the attitude everyone on the jury should have and it was actually refreshing - most people think it is "so unfair" or a "huge mistake" to be voted out and then get all preachy when "the power shifts to the jury" (LOL) which is crazy.

I will forget this season ever happened in about 3 or 4 days. Bring on the next one - I'm such a sucker...

Kim played a perfect game, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had the balls to vote Christina out. I am pretty sure I would have kept her.

[quote name='Javery']Christina is pretty hot but Chelsea is off the charts.

What a boring season. Kim had this game won 2 months ago and it played out just like everyone thought it would. The only "surprise" to me is that Chelsea got 0 votes. I thought it was a tactical mistake bringing Chelsea and Sabrina to the final 3 but it turns out it wouldn't have mattered. All Kim had to do was get there and she was guaranteed the win.

I thought the final tribal council was kind of weird. Troyzan wasn't as angry as I thought he would be. Leif and Mike seemed the most bitter but for no apparent reason. I was half expecting Kim to tell Lief she didn't even remember who he was. Jonas was great when he said it was a "serious decision" and then was like "just kidding!" That is exactly the attitude everyone on the jury should have and it was actually refreshing - most people think it is "so unfair" or a "huge mistake" to be voted out and then get all preachy when "the power shifts to the jury" (LOL) which is crazy.

I will forget this season ever happened in about 3 or 4 days. Bring on the next one - I'm such a sucker...[/QUOTE]

Christina looked real good last night. With that said Jonas telling Chelsea that everyone thought she was the hottest was pretty creepy.

Troyzan was angry but he was still very bitter. Sad that the only good comments/questions from the jury came from Christina and Kat of all people.

Hopefully they just burn the contact info of everyone except Kim. Nobody else deserves to come back again.

This one was a yawnfest because there were numerous moments to kick Kim out of the game, and as we see in hindsight, we would have dumped the winner.

They all bought Kim's BS and kept chugging along to let her continue.

The tribal council at the end of the game was a waste of time. Aren't people supposed to be asking questions to figure out their voting instead of making statements?

Plus, I think between Colton's behavior and Alicia's statement about special needs kids, Alicia was far more apologetic than Colton was. Colton's mom looked visibly upset with her son's behavior and he didn't look apologetic at all in the reunion show.

Next season can only get better because if it's not, I'm done with the show.

I think we need to go back to "Survivor Classic" with:
* 7 person jury instead of 9 person jury
* Final two instead of final three
* No immunity idols
* No more "pampering" / off-site luxury-fests for reward challenges
* Bring back the disgusting food eating challenges

I never understood the 3 person final. What happens if there is a tie? There must be alot that we dont see that makes sure thats never possible.

[quote name='yankeessuck']I never understood the 3 person final. What happens if there is a tie? There must be alot that we dont see that makes sure thats never possible.[/QUOTE]Could be a 3-3-3 or 4-4-1 tie with a final three.

I'm sure there's some built-in mechanisms they have for a tie issue like the ones above, though I really really wish we'd see a 4-4-1 tie or a 3-3-3 tie. We never have any final three that are two equally strong or three equally strong candidates in the final three.

We should just go back to final two with a seven person jury and be done with it already.

[quote name='shrike4242'] We never have any final three that are two equally strong or three equally strong candidates in the final three.

We should just go back to final two with a seven person jury and be done with it already.[/QUOTE]

Well going back to final two doesnt really help in that regard though. Final three makes it more likely to have a second strong person. One strong vs one weak isnt very interesting.

I agree with going back to the old Survivor rules. The contestants are so pampered now it is ridiculous. 99% of the tension and craziness in the good seasons came from the fact that they probably honestly thought there was a chance they might not make it out alive. I want to see someone so hungry that they eat something disgusting just because. I want to watch them struggle to build a fire, stay out of the rain and catch a fish. They practically hand out a flint a tarp and a fishing pole when you get there - plus tools to build a shelter. Was Kim even tired at the end? She was going on an awesome reward challenge every other day. Enough already.

Ugh, not more former players coming back.

They need to take away the food and flint. Pick the logical contestants for this game instead of handpicking stereotypes. Bring back the final two. Make the reward challenges for survival gear. I swear, these people ate better than I have in the last 39 days.

I know the returning former players is played out and even more so after Rob/Russell and Ozzie/Coach seasons, but since they are going for it who would you want to see since its only people who got hurt or sick and had to quit? Also would you give people who got hurt/sick in an all-star season?

I would choose Russel Swan(Black Russell) from Samoa, or if all-star seasons count Jonathan Penner from allstars 2.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Only returning players I'd give a shit about would be all the firsts voted out.[/QUOTE]

That sounds interesting but would likely be awful. I'd rather see all winners.

Couldn't be any worse than this season. If anything, everybody would be on the same playing field. Unathletic older people that nobody likes. ;)

[quote name='shrike4242']The tribal council at the end of the game was a waste of time. Aren't people supposed to be asking questions to figure out their voting instead of making statements?[/quote]

Jeff has always give them the option to ask a question or make a statement. That's been true since the first season and Susan Hawk's infamous "snake and rats" diatribe.

Plus, I think between Colton's behavior and Alicia's statement about special needs kids, Alicia was far more apologetic than Colton was. Colton's mom looked visibly upset with her son's behavior and he didn't look apologetic at all in the reunion show.

I actually remarked the same thing. Alicia was obviously genuinely sorry. While Colton did apologize, it seemed like he was trying too hard to pass it off on that that was just the way he was playing the game, which I don't think anyone believes.

I think we need to go back to "Survivor Classic" with:
* 7 person jury instead of 9 person jury
* Final two instead of final three
* No immunity idols
* No more "pampering" / off-site luxury-fests for reward challenges
* Bring back the disgusting food eating challenges

I don't think I could get more excited about a season of Survivor if they announced they were going to play similarly to how the game originally was.

Though, I would disagree about doing away with the pampering rewards. Those have been a part of the show from the beginning, and if they went back to how Survivor originally was, would be a much more significant reward that could cause fractures in an alliance. It's just that almost all the rewards post-merge this season were these luxury trips whereas in earlier seasons you saw one, maybe two, of those types of rewards, which again, made them far less trivial than they are now.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Ugh, not more former players coming back.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much my reaction, especially if it means bringing Colton back. Personally, I would've much rather have seen another All-Star season than a mix of new players vs. old. Every time we've had that, the returning players just end up with way too much of an advantage.

They spent WAY too much time on Colton in the wrap-up show. Get him off of my TV. I really hope he gets sent home early next season.

It does appear that he isnt one of the returning players next season so good news there.

But the rumor is the season after next is fans vs favorites so...

[quote name='yankeessuck']It does appear that he isnt one of the returning players next season so good news there.

But the rumor is the season after next is fans vs favorites so...[/QUOTE]

Seems a little early for there to be rumors of the 26th season, but who knows? They've really been on this kick of bringing back former players for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back