Survivor: South Pacific Wed. at 7pm cst on CBS

[quote name='pitfallharry219']This week brings the dreaded clip show. I hate these, and I don't think I've ever watched an entire one.[/QUOTE]

I have never watched one of those episodes and I'm not about to start. I also FF through the stupid torch burning ceremony in the final episode - that's a solid waste of 25 minutes. I'm hoping I can stay away from this show next season.

[quote name='Javery']I have never watched one of those episodes and I'm not about to start. I also FF through the stupid torch burning ceremony in the final episode - that's a solid waste of 25 minutes. I'm hoping I can stay away from this show next season.[/QUOTE]

Same here with your first two comments, but I'll be watching next season anyway. I heard Survivor signed on for 3 more seasons.

[quote name='tcrash247']Same here with your first two comments, but I'll be watching next season anyway. I heard Survivor signed on for 3 more seasons.[/QUOTE]

yeah, me too... I'm all talk.

Also, I watched this week's episode last night and all I can say is BORING BORING BORING. Lemme guess.... Edna is going home next week? SHOCKER!!! Seriously, this is hands down the most boring season I can remember.

[quote name='Javery']yeah, me too... I'm all talk.

Also, I watched this week's episode last night and all I can say is BORING BORING BORING. Lemme guess.... Edna is going home next week? SHOCKER!!! Seriously, this is hands down the most boring season I can remember.[/QUOTE]

If Coach wins it will be a pathetic repeat of last season. These people arent as spineless and Robs tribe but other then Cochranes turn its been a boring season.

I actually hope Coach wins. He has played a good game so far and seems to have really learned a lot from the other times he played. I still think it is a long shot though. Albert and that other girl (who is good at challenges) will eventually team up to get rid of Coach, right?

Also, I thought Coach made a huge tactical mistake last night not keeping Cochrane and getting rid of Rick instead. He could have pulled it off and then pretty much dictated the rest of the game because with only 6 people left he would have Edna and Cochrane who wouldn't betray him.

What I don't get is why everybody acts like their actions don't mean anything. I've had the feeling the whole time that Albert and Sophie had a final two pact, but then Albert chooses Coach for the reward when just a few episodes ago, Albert was talking to Sophie about making a move against Coach. Albert told Cochrane he was 100% on board with voting out Rick...thus aligning himself with Coach and Edna. Did he even realize that that would put him AGAINST Sophie? What would he have done after that? Flip back with Sophie and Brandon...and leave Coach with Cochrane and Edna?

I agree. The move made a lot more sense for Coach than it made for Albert. My wife thinks they're all worried about jury votes and that's making them scared to make any moves. I just wonder what's going to happen now that they're down to just "the family". Coach just got rid of somebody who would never vote against him, so is he really comfortable getting rid of Edna too? Unless he's counting on the group of 5 being split like Albert/Sophie vs. Coach/Brandon/Rick. The problem there is both Albert and Sophie are really good at challenges. Somebody has to step up and take them out if that's the plan.

What I would like to see though is Cochrane beat Ozzy in a duel, lol. That would be hilarious and would be the best moment of the season.

Albert is obviously just playing for votes at this point. Unless he gets blindsided he will be in the final. He keeps telling the people that are about to get voted out that he's on their side and will vote with them...then doesn't. It's actually smart because they will never really know if he voted with them or not. The way it's been working out there are always about 2 votes not read, so he could just tell them that his vote wasn't read but that he voted with them.

[quote name='Javery']I actually hope Coach wins. He has played a good game so far and seems to have really learned a lot from the other times he played. I still think it is a long shot though. Albert and that other girl (who is good at challenges) will eventually team up to get rid of Coach, right?

[/QUOTE]

I dont mind him winning but I do mind nobody trying to get rid of him.

[quote name='Donkey132']Albert is obviously just playing for votes at this point. Unless he gets blindsided he will be in the final. He keeps telling the people that are about to get voted out that he's on their side and will vote with them...then doesn't. It's actually smart because they will never really know if he voted with them or not. The way it's been working out there are always about 2 votes not read, so he could just tell them that his vote wasn't read but that he voted with them.[/QUOTE]

It does kind of feel that way because I seriously can't tell who Albert is with anymore...and I guess that's his strategy. If Sophie found out about the stuff with Cochrane though, she could destroy him considering what she knows about his plan from a couple weeks ago. I'm just really surprised none of this stuff has come up. It's not like there just hasn't been any scheming, just nobody has been called out on any of it.

I did like when Cochrane put Sophie on the spot though asking "What if Edna wins immunity?" She basically had no answer because I'm sure she was thinking "Ha...yeah right!" But the best she could come up with was "Well, then it starts". I just don't know what Coach is really thinking. If I were him, I'd be worried about going to the finale with Albert or even Sophie. They've played a very strong game. I guess he's banking on everybody just respecting him more?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It does kind of feel that way because I seriously can't tell who Albert is with anymore...and I guess that's his strategy. If Sophie found out about the stuff with Cochrane though, she could destroy him considering what she knows about his plan from a couple weeks ago. I'm just really surprised none of this stuff has come up. It's not like there just hasn't been any scheming, just nobody has been called out on any of it.

I did like when Cochrane put Sophie on the spot though asking "What if Edna wins immunity?" She basically had no answer because I'm sure she was thinking "Ha...yeah right!" But the best she could come up with was "Well, then it starts". I just don't know what Coach is really thinking. If I were him, I'd be worried about going to the finale with Albert or even Sophie. They've played a very strong game. I guess he's banking on everybody just respecting him more?[/QUOTE]

This is why it was a huge mistake to let Cochrane go. If he could have somehow brought Cochrane and Edna to the finals he would be a lock to win. Actually, I'm surprised no one is thinking about who they want to sit next to - anyone (even Edna) could beat Cochrane in the finals because everyone on the jury hates him so much.

For Coach's tribe to say what they have about the other tribe bullying Cochrane, they've done almost the exact same thing to Edna for almost the whole game.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']For Coach's tribe to say what they have about the other tribe bullying Cochrane, they've done almost the exact same thing to Edna for almost the whole game.[/QUOTE]

Ehh...I wouldn't go that far. Quite a few of them think less of Edna, but no one has really ridiculed her to her face either, like Cochrane's tribe did with him on a daily basis. But she's also had the luxury of being protected by Coach...who, admit it or not, has been the leader of that tribe. This was my point for why Cochrane turned on his tribe. If they had treated him like Coach's tribe treated Edna, he never would have flipped. Edna knows she doesn't fit in with the rest of them...but at least she's not being constantly reminded of it. People are starting to get a little more vocal now, but that's because they all can't be one big happy family for forever.

[quote name='Javery']BORING BORING BORING. Lemme guess.... Edna is going home next week? SHOCKER!!! Seriously, this is hands down the most boring season I can remember.[/QUOTE]

Jeez, it's like I can see the future or something. Sorry guys, this season has been awful.

[quote name='Javery']Jeez, it's like I can see the future or something. Sorry guys, this season has been awful.[/QUOTE]
Not necessarily. The challenge against Ozzie next week in the previews, it appeared like she had a pretty good lead on him so she could potentially still be staying.

From the vote off process through the end, it should folllow this...
1) Brandon
2) Rick
3) Final 3

How the redemption person comes in and how it shakes out is the only question mark now... If Coach (barring Ozzie not there) makes the final, he wins. *yawn*

[quote name='lordopus99']Not necessarily. The challenge against Ozzie next week in the previews, it appeared like she had a pretty good lead on him so she could potentially still be staying.

1) Brandon
2) Rick
3) Final 3

How the redemption person comes in and how it shakes out is the only question mark now... If Coach (barring Ozzie not there) makes the final, he wins. *yawn*[/QUOTE]They had the same type of preview about last night's duel, so anything's possible with the outcome.

This seems like the only type of challenge Ozzie might lose against someone like Edna, a puzzle-type challenge.

From the preview and the argument Coach and Rick seem to get into, he may go next over Brandon.

Regardless, I have to agree with Javery that this has been the worst season of Survivor I can think of. I've been bored repeatedly with the tribal council bits as well as the challenges in question. It hasn't been enjoyable to watch, IMO.

[quote name='lordopus99']Not necessarily. The challenge against Ozzie next week in the previews, it appeared like she had a pretty good lead on him so she could potentially still be staying.

1) Brandon
2) Rick
3) Final 3

How the redemption person comes in and how it shakes out is the only question mark now... If Coach (barring Ozzie not there) makes the final, he wins. *yawn*[/QUOTE]

After watching the preview its clear she has zero chance vs Ozzie.

This season has been up and down for me, and I've seen every season to date. Cochrane's team was a bunch of bullies and I cheered as each one got voted out, but it's their delusional ignorance that drives me crazy. First Ozzy, then the Medical Marijuana dude and the girl at the end, all were huge bullies.

And all, to the end, deny ever actually bullies. I'm almost sad they're on the jury. With thought processes like that, we may have an unlikely winner this year.

Brandon will be the next one to go home. Rick is possible but I don't know. I am guessing a Coach, Albert and Sophie F3 and Coach is a moron for voting out Cochran, Edna and eventually Brandon. Three people that have ZERO chance of winning the entire game.

[quote name='cancermatt']This season has been up and down for me, and I've seen every season to date. Cochrane's team was a bunch of bullies and I cheered as each one got voted out, but it's their delusional ignorance that drives me crazy. First Ozzy, then the Medical Marijuana dude and the girl at the end, all were huge bullies.

And all, to the end, deny ever actually bullies. I'm almost sad they're on the jury. With thought processes like that, we may have an unlikely winner this year.[/QUOTE]

Ozzy wasnt anywhere near as big of a douche as the rest/most of the tribe.

I was really hoping Cochran would've beaten Ozzy in that challenge. While it's true Ozzy isn't as big of a douche as the rest of the tribe, he's still a douche. With the clip they previewed for next week it's clear Ozzy will be around for a while - although I'm hoping differently.

Coach let Edna go because he couldn't save her and was the only one that was like a real friend to him. Guaranteed jury vote in his favor. She (disregarding potentially manipulative next episode teaser) gets beat by Ozzy and goes to jury to help Coach, Ozzy comes back in and his final three offer is still possible.

These people are crazy if they consider taking Ozzy to the end with all the votes he has secured already. He has all the votes he needs to win just from his entire tribe being on jury. Coach's best move would be to pretend he wants to be in that final three with Ozzy, but then sit and do nothing when his tribe plans to vote him out. Then he's got another vote in his pocket with Edna's. With Cochrane's quite possibly locked down, he'd just need to wrangle up one more...maybe Dawn or Brandon if he's on jury.

I don't know if anyone here reads the Survivor episode recaps at Entertainment Weekly's website , but its kinda funny reading the difference of opinion regarding Cochran there vs. pretty much anywhere else on the web. Where it seems like pretty much everywhere else feels Cochran was justified in flipping for the treatment by his tribe , the EW recapper (as well as the people commenting on the recaps) feel that his flipping was a complete betrayal since the only reason he was treated shitty was because he was a shitty player and should have sucked it up more. Combined with the fact that although he was on the chopping block pretty much every tribal someone in the tribe helped to keep him in the game so he showed no thanks to those that had previously helped them.

Personally I think there is a bit of validness to both viewpoints , but ultimately it doesn't really matter since he's on the jury now , and even if he hadn't flipped he probably wouldn't have made it much farther than he did anyway (as he said himself , he probably would've been 6th place rather than 7th).

[quote name='StarKnightX']I don't know if anyone here reads the Survivor episode recaps at Entertainment Weekly's website , but its kinda funny reading the difference of opinion regarding Cochran there vs. pretty much anywhere else on the web. Where it seems like pretty much everywhere else feels Cochran was justified in flipping for the treatment by his tribe , the EW recapper (as well as the people commenting on the recaps) feel that his flipping was a complete betrayal since the only reason he was treated shitty was because he was a shitty player and should have sucked it up more. Combined with the fact that although he was on the chopping block pretty much every tribal someone in the tribe helped to keep him in the game so he showed no thanks to those that had previously helped them.

[/QUOTE]

But thats silly. The tribe never saved him they just wanted someone else out more.

Not to mention they were on the verge of voting him out before Ozzie volunteered and they they had such a low opinion of him that they thought they could vote him and he would come back and vote with them.

Well... it went down like I predicted. Brandon is gone.

OK... maybe not exactly how I thought but I still got the person right. What a dumbass. I think this has to go down as the dumbest move in Survivor history. He had ZERO assurances that he would be safe. At least a few seasons ago when it happened the guy who gave up the necklace was completely deceived.

Also, STOP WITH THE JESUS NONSENSE. I am so sick of everything on this show coming down to religion. They really need to screen the cast better to get this crap out. Last night's episode was the first mildly entertaining one of the season but it's all over on Sunday so too little too late.

By the way, why is no one even entertaining the idea of getting rid of Coach? It is insane - he is just coasting into the final 3 and if he gets that far I think he should win.

[quote name='Javery']
By the way, why is no one even entertaining the idea of getting rid of Coach? It is insane - he is just coasting into the final 3 and if he gets that far I think he should win.[/QUOTE]

They deserve to lose for not getting rid of Coach. There is one of two outcomes I am hoping for. 1. Coach gets blindsided or 2. Ozzie and Coach make it to the finals.

Say what you want, but Coach has played a really good game. Maybe not a game that will win it all; but definitely a game that will get him to the final. If they somehow get Ozzy out, I think Coach is a shoe in. If not, Ozzy wins just because most of his tribe is on the jury.

Here's the rumored gimmick for next season. Thank God it doesn't involve any returning players. No spoilers, just the setup, but tagged for anyone who wants to go in completely fresh:

Men vs Women with both tribes living in the same camp.

[quote name='powercreep']Say what you want, but Coach has played a really good game. Maybe not a game that will win it all; but definitely a game that will get him to the final. If they somehow get Ozzy out, I think Coach is a shoe in. If not, Ozzy wins just because most of his tribe is on the jury.[/QUOTE]

If Ozzy makes it to the finals he is guaranteed to win. He has all of the jury votes. Coach has played a very good game - he has been in total control, he has the immunity idol and he is almost assured of getting to the final 4 (I don't think the idol can bring you to the finals so he has to play it at the next tribal council).

The best case scenario for Coach will be if Ozzy comes back AFTER they get rid of Albert. He will easily be able to convince the others (Rick and Sophia) that Ozzy has to go. My only critique of Coach's game is that he seems to be targeting the wrong people late in the game. Sophia has played a very strong game - I'd want Brandon, Edna and Cochran in the finals with me if I were him - they had no chance of getting jury votes.

Also, Rick has been the most unassuming player to ever make it this far - he hasn't said or done anything interesting until his little outburst last week.

I like how these people can justify their actions by saying Jesus did this, not me. If they had said Jesus told me this is what I should do, that is one thing, but to say this is God's will is a little too much for me.

I miss the Dragon Slayer.

Edit - I hate that Ozzy can be voted off twice and still be in the final 4. I hate any kind of redemption. To me the best part of the game is seeing how the winner can convince the jury(whom they had a part in sending home) the million. Ozzy doesn't have to fight that fight because the game has been different for him. To me, it is way easier for him with the jury than anyone else - he was palying a different game.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']

[/QUOTE]

Then all the challenges will have to be super easy and based solely on agility and brains - not strength. Don't like it.

[quote name='Javery']

The best case scenario for Coach will be if Ozzy comes back AFTER they get rid of Albert. He will easily be able to convince the others (Rick and Sophia) that Ozzy has to go. My only critique of Coach's game is that he seems to be targeting the wrong people late in the game. Sophia has played a very strong game - I'd want Brandon, Edna and Cochran in the finals with me if I were him - they had no chance of getting jury votes.
[/QUOTE]

Unless Ozzy wins immunity then they're screwed. But yeah, Chochran and Edna would have been Coach's best bet to win the million.

[quote name='hufferstl']

Edit - I hate that Ozzy can be voted off twice and still be in the final 4. I hate any kind of redemption. To me the best part of the game is seeing how the winner can convince the jury(whom they had a part in sending home) the million. Ozzy doesn't have to fight that fight because the game has been different for him. To me, it is way easier for him with the jury than anyone else - he was palying a different game.[/QUOTE]

+1 It's not really even fair. That one tribe stuck together and did what they had to do but because of redemption, it may not even matter. Lame.... Just hope Albert can beat Ozzy at redemption.

Playing has a serious advantage, doesn't it? Boston Rob dominated last season and now Coach and Ozzy are playing late. Coach especially seems to have learned a lot.

If Coach or Ozzie wins then the entire bring back 2 old guys/redemption island format fails. It feels like Burnett and Probst are just stacking the deck now to give $1,000,000 to their buddies. If they get the hook up two seasons in a row, I really don't want to see any returning players again unless its an all-stars season.

[quote name='Javery']Playing has a serious advantage, doesn't it? Boston Rob dominated last season and now Coach and Ozzy are playing late. Coach especially seems to have learned a lot.[/QUOTE]

How much of it is them rather then the tribe they got put on? They somehow got grouped with people that never considered voting them out.

Would rather see Coach win than Ozzy. Ozzy just wins competitions and is cocky about it, he only played half of the game of Survivor. His ego didn't allow him to have any social skills. He only survived Redemption Island, the game itself he failed miserably at. If he comes back and wins, there's no point to Redemption Island anymore. Get rid of that and bring back Exile is there must be an "island" twist on the show.

On the flipside Coach trimmed away a LOT of his ego from his past two attempts. He's still a little preachy, but next to Brandon's (or even Matt from last season) it's a non-issue. The only thing that kind of reduced his odds was all of the fallout from keeping loyal to Brandon when he should have trusted his gut and voted the clown out the second he showed him his tattoos. I think what finally got him thinking straight was Brandon's asshole dad coming out there and issuing instructions to coach...a visitor trying to dictate the game so his kid can win a million for "the family" (ie: himself). Ever since the beginning where he put all that blind faith in Brandon, he kept making mistakes. Voting out Mikayla just to please Brandon, choosing Edna over him when he should have shitcanned Brandon last week and kept Edna...because everybody was thinking of doing it anyway, and staying with Brandon when the guy just spilled the beans every council because he's so ashamed of Russell.

If Coach doesn't win, I can really only root for Sophie. Everybody else is garbage. Wish that country music singer girl or Dawn was still in the mix. She deserved a better chance.

[quote name='Habbler']If Coach or Ozzie wins then the entire bring back 2 old guys/redemption island format fails. It feels like Burnett and Probst are just stacking the deck now to give $1,000,000 to their buddies. If they get the hook up two seasons in a row, I really don't want to see any returning players again unless its an all-stars season.[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, I think if Ozzie wins, it sets them up to say, "See how great Redemption Island is!? It completely changed the outcome of the game!" They just forget that most viewers don't want the outcome changed to where someone can be voted out twice and still win.

[quote name='Javery']Playing has a serious advantage, doesn't it? Boston Rob dominated last season and now Coach and Ozzy are playing late. Coach especially seems to have learned a lot.[/QUOTE]

I think after this many seasons of seeing former players against new players (Guatemala, Fans vs. Favorites, and Redemption Island), we can all agree former players have a huge and unfair advantage. At least one returning player has made it to the end in each of those seasons, and it looks like this one is going to follow suit, with maybe even possibly both making it to the end.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']
[/QUOTE]

I was really excited when I heard they might be living in the same camp. That's an idea I've been suggesting for years. I really hope they don't ruin it by doing men vs. women. Those seasons always tend to suck. Vanuatu is still one of my least favorite seasons largely due to that contrivance. It's too gimmicky and it restrains them from doing any overly physical challenges. Hopefully if this is the case, they'll abandon the men vs. women thing with a tribe swap really early on.

I don't get the crowd rooting for Brandon so much at the reunion. The guy was so unstable most of the show and everyone that I talked to that watched the show would be afraid to be in the same room with the guy.

I think they rooted for Brandon because everytime they put the camera on Russell he just looked so smug and arrogant. That guy is a piece of shit.

Russell did look pissed but I think he was actually more tame than I thought he would be. I forsure thought he would ream him for his terrible game moves but instead chose to stroke his own ego. But hey at least he was the only family member to show up (according to Jeff). Though, I do feel bad for Brandon since you know home life is probably pretty damaged.

I can live with
Sophie
winning. At least,
she
played the game unlike some of the previous winners.

I think
Coach
got robbed.
Sophie
won immunity at exactly the right times though. Ultimately, it didn't matter who won - nothing was going to save this season. Although I was shocked that Edna looked 15 years younger at the last tribal council than she did during the game.

[quote name='hufferstl']I don't get the crowd rooting for Brandon so much at the reunion. The guy was so unstable most of the show and everyone that I talked to that watched the show would be afraid to be in the same room with the guy.[/QUOTE]

It was more of a response to Russell saying he didnt do anything right out there well guess what? He didnt. The family name also didnt need to be redeemed because its not like Russell murdered his tribe or something.

And it looked like Keith had a sex change and turned into a hardcore lesbian

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Probst totally glossed over the fact that the "relationship" Whitney was in when she got with Keith was a marriage.[/QUOTE]

yeah - I loved how at final tribal she has the stones to call out the remaining players for their lack of "integrity" - good stuff, slut.

[quote name='Supreme0ne']glad sophie won. she was the only one in the final 3 who wasnt preaching about god this and jesus that while lying and backstabbing people[/QUOTE]

She was sooooooo boring... other than her meltdown at the last tribal council what will she be remembered for doing? Absolutely nothing! She didn't do anything! She wasn't involved in any strategic moves at all. She didn't take any risks. All she did was win immunity twice when it mattered and happen to be on the tribe that had the numbers after the merge.

[quote name='Javery']She was sooooooo boring... other than her meltdown at the last tribal council what will she be remembered for doing? Absolutely nothing! She didn't do anything! She wasn't involved in any strategic moves at all. She didn't take any risks. All she did was win immunity twice when it mattered and happen to be on the tribe that had the numbers after the merge.[/QUOTE]

I am with "Javery",

I am so sick of season after season these worthless piece of garbage coattailers winning the game, its supposed to be STRONG players winning. People who actually put forth an effort. Soffie is a smug waste of oxygen.

bread's done
Back