Survivor: South Pacific Wed. at 7pm cst on CBS

[quote name='Javery']She was sooooooo boring... other than her meltdown at the last tribal council what will she be remembered for doing? Absolutely nothing! She didn't do anything! She wasn't involved in any strategic moves at all. She didn't take any risks. All she did was win immunity twice when it mattered and happen to be on the tribe that had the numbers after the merge.[/QUOTE]Rick was in the same situation, minus the immunity wins, and he ends up being 5th and wins something like $25K - $30K for being very forgettable.

I'm glad this boring season is done with. I hope next season gets changed up more than a little bit.

[quote name='shrike4242']Rick was in the same situation, minus the immunity wins, and he ends up being 5th and wins something like $25K - $30K for being very forgettable.

I'm glad this boring season is done with. I hope next season gets changed up more than a little bit.[/QUOTE]

If Rick made it to the finals instead of Sophie I think Coach would have won and I'd be OK with that. No one was going to vote for Rick. Sophie got some sympathy votes and some votes for winning those challenges (getting rid of Ozzy made her look stronger than she actually was). She probably also benefited from idiots voting because they were bitter and didn't want Coach to win since he was perceived as running the show.

I am also glad this season is over and I hope they really change things up next time. Ozzy got voted out THREE times this year - surely that is a record that will never be broken or even tied. They need to go back to one and done. You get voted out you are actually out. It makes everything matter way more. Every episode this year (and last year) there is no payoff at the end because you know that there is a possibility that whoever was voted out will come back.

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']I am with "Javery",

I am so sick of season after season these worthless piece of garbage coattailers winning the game, its supposed to be STRONG players winning. People who actually put forth an effort. Soffie is a smug waste of oxygen.[/QUOTE]

Well she is "stronger" then most of the others

[quote name='Javery']If Rick made it to the finals instead of Sophie I think Coach would have won and I'd be OK with that. No one was going to vote for Rick. Sophie got some sympathy votes and some votes for winning those challenges (getting rid of Ozzy made her look stronger than she actually was). She probably also benefited from idiots voting because they were bitter and didn't want Coach to win since he was perceived as running the show.[/quote]Pretty much how I viewed it as well. As you saw, if Rick was there in place of Sophie, Coach would have won. Which makes the play to get rid of her even more irritating.

I am also glad this season is over and I hope they really change things up next time. Ozzy got voted out THREE times this year - surely that is a record that will never be broken or even tied. They need to go back to one and done. You get voted out you are actually out. It makes everything matter way more. Every episode this year (and last year) there is no payoff at the end because you know that there is a possibility that whoever was voted out will come back.
Don't forget, he's been voted out five times across three seasons. That's even more ridiculous, if you ask me.

I liked how the final 3 had to scramble and try to deal with Ozzy. The island thing is good because it actually adds 2 challenges per episode where before they cut it to just 1.

Thank goodness they got rid of the whole "remembrance walk".

[quote name='shrike4242']Pretty much how I viewed it as well. As you saw, if Rick was there in place of Sophie, Coach would have won. Which makes the play to get rid of her even more irritating.

Don't forget, he's been voted out five times across three seasons. That's even more ridiculous, if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Didnt he make it to the end the first time? So thats only 4 times voted out.

[quote name='Javery']If Rick made it to the finals instead of Sophie I think Coach would have won and I'd be OK with that. No one was going to vote for Rick. Sophie got some sympathy votes and some votes for winning those challenges (getting rid of Ozzy made her look stronger than she actually was). She probably also benefited from idiots voting because they were bitter and didn't want Coach to win since he was perceived as running the show.

I am also glad this season is over and I hope they really change things up next time. Ozzy got voted out THREE times this year - surely that is a record that will never be broken or even tied. They need to go back to one and done. You get voted out you are actually out. It makes everything matter way more. Every episode this year (and last year) there is no payoff at the end because you know that there is a possibility that whoever was voted out will come back.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much agree with this whole post. While I did enjoy this season because I felt Coach played essentially a perfect game (aside from maybe winning a few challenges that would have shown him to be a more dominant physical presence), it really bothered me that Sophie won over him. Albert's line about them "carrying" Coach was a bunch of crap. Yes, they maybe had a large role in winning challenges and keeping the numbers, but I think without Coach's experience and his steady hand, they would have turned on each other far sooner (Albert almost did multiple times) and ruined everything.

Despite Coach's "lies", he made sure they stuck together and put that group of 5 in the best position to win. And the fact that he did so without anyone EVER considering voting him off really says something. I hated Coach's sympathy for Ozzie because it just as easily could have been Ozzie with 3 tribe members against Coach by himself, had he entertained the idea of playing any kind of social game. Ozzie alienated himself the entire season, so that's how he deserved to go out. In my opinion, the two returning players were the strongest: Ozzie physically and Coach socially.

But Sophie wins by default because people are bitter at Coach. Even though Sophie voted right along with Coach the entire time, he gets the blame because he was the "leader". I wish he would have pointed that out at tribal though. Sophie matched him vote for vote the entire game. In that regard, I almost feel like the returning players were at a disadvantage. There was really no way either of them could fly under the radar and not be looked to for leadership. Then, at the end, everybody is mad about "their" decisions. Seems like the only two people on the jury who didn't have a high school mentality were Edna and Cochrane (probably the two people that Coach screwed the most). It's ridiculous that some people seem to forget that they're playing a game of deception for $1 million.

Sophie got lucky. Coach should have won. For meeting his goal of not letting anybody screw him over like past seasons (except arguably Ozzy, more on that later), and really trying and struggling to not lie to people. None of his lies were malicious, just those scenarios where you have 2+ people expecting you to be loyal to them and having only one direction you can go in. It's not a lie, it's a choice. And the worst part about people in this game is the "you promised me first" bullshit. Things change, deal with it. Ozzy screwed himself by outing Coach's private conversation. That dumb arrogant fuck could have still lost that final challenge and would have been okay, except he screwed Coach over. Coach said he wanted to take the strongest to the end, not the stupidest.

He's still has a bit of self-righteousness to shed, but I was impressed with his answers to jury questions. I thought he'd bomb hard but managed to be humble even when everybody piled on. Shit, even Sophie was like "You guys were kinda dicks to Coach."

Yeah, Coach probably should have kept Rick. If only to spread the votes enough where he could have snagged a couple of Sophie's anti-Coach votes she clearly only got because nobody wanted to toss one to Albert.

[quote name='Necrozilla']I liked how the final 3 had to scramble and try to deal with Ozzy. The island thing is good because it actually adds 2 challenges per episode where before they cut it to just 1.

Thank goodness they got rid of the whole "remembrance walk".[/QUOTE]

I was glad to not have to endure the stupid remember everybody you voted out crap.

One way to add a second challenge would be to have the losing tribe have an individual immunity challenge, prior to tribal council, instead of placing a hidden immunity idol.

[quote name='bkjohns1']One way to add a second challenge would be to have the losing tribe have an individual immunity challenge, prior to tribal council, instead of placing a hidden immunity idol.[/QUOTE]

That is a great idea.

bread's done
Back