SWTOR CE $29.99 - Kmart.com

[quote name='Xellos2099']when wou;d be the best time to activate our collector edition?[/QUOTE]

No later than Oct. 1 so you got a full month of premium access to create every race/class you wanted before it goes F2P in Nov. and some of those choices are locked down. Plus you get the bonus Cartel bucks for being a previous subscriber.

Mine just arrived! I had a grand unveiling and everything... only problem is all my co-workers were less than impressed. So it was me being really excited and others going back to work.

[quote name='erdmanski1341']Looks like GS has dropped the price for the CE to $29.99 as well. It's not available on-line, but perhaps you can still get it in store. Might be worth a trip for anyone that missed out on it.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/star-wars-the-old-republic-online-collectors-edition/92635[/QUOTE]Thanks for posting this; a couple of GSs near me supposedly have it in stock, so depending on the CE's condition at those locations, I'll pick one up tomorrow and return the Kmart CE in-store since I'd rather pay with GS credit than my own money. :D

Wow, like 9 of the closest GS stores near me are in-stock. Pretty surprised since usually everything is always "Low Stock" in my area or completely sold out when these sort of things pop up.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Whoa, bonus! I was just browsing the SW:TOR site when I noticed they've got rewards available for existing members when the game goes FTP. Check out these bonuses:

Rewards
1000 Cartel Coins** to Purchasers of the Collector's Edition
Heroes' Banner** to Purchasers of the Collector's Edition

http://www.swtor.com/free

In comparison, those who bought the vanilla edition on release but paid to play through July 31, 2012, only receive 1050 Cartel Coins.

Anyway, the way I read this, as long as you activate your CE account with the free 30 days within 30 days of the FTP launch, you should get these rewards. It does state "active paying subscription," so they could interpret that to be a subscription that is not the free 30 days of time, but I doubt that will be the case. Maybe we can email Bioware for clarification on this.

Regardless of whether we can get these rewards for free or have to pay for one month at $15 prior to the game going FTP, it seems like a solid bonus for buying the Collector's Edition.[/QUOTE]

I thought I read that somewhere. Thanks for the link, I was wondering at what point I should activate my key. :)

Just want another opinion... what better? $45 best buy gift card or $30 gamestop credit? The reason being I previous purcased a copy from best buy for $45 gift card and now a nearby gamestop have it for $30.

I'm personally going to activate mine after I hit level 15 in the trial. That way the trial and the collector's edition time won't overlap.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Just want another opinion... what better? $45 best buy gift card or $30 gamestop credit?[/QUOTE]Depends on what you're asking:

If you're asking which is a better gift card to have, go with the $45 BBY GC.
If you're asking which is better to use in acquiring a SWTOR CE, then use the $30 GS credit.

It's hard enough for some people to use their GS credit (unless you're a frequent preorderer), so it might be better to actually use it on something than to hoard it.

[quote name='Link2999']I'm personally going to activate mine after I hit level 15 in the trial. That way the trial and the collector's edition time won't overlap.[/QUOTE]

Good call. The only thing that sucks is that the GW2 release is coming up. There is going to be a lot of time invested over the next couple months with both of these!

[quote name='Xellos2099']Just want another opinion... what better? $45 best buy gift card or $30 gamestop credit? The reason being I previous purcased a copy from best buy for $45 gift card and now a nearby gamestop have it for $30.[/QUOTE]First verify that the Gamestop actually has it, preferably by going down to the store yourself, and check its condition. If it's in better condition than the one you bought from BBY, get it and return the BBY one. I figure that it's always better to have BBY gift card credit on hand since it's more versatile and there are usually more reasons to spend at BBY than at GS.

[quote name='Link2999']I'm personally going to activate mine after I hit level 15 in the trial. That way the trial and the collector's edition time won't overlap.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can't add a collector's edition on top of an existing account, it has to be created new. I think this was addressed earlier in this thread.

[quote name='scott_matthews']I was just throwing my packing slip away and I noticed that on the packing slip, the game's price is listed as $20.99 with the full $9.99 shipping price listed.

I know some of you refused your shipments after getting PMs elsewhere. I'm not sure what Kmart's refund policy is on refused shipments (i.e. purchase price only or price + shipping), but I figured I'd point it out just in case it's an issue for any of you.[/QUOTE]

Just noticed that too and came on here to post that...wonder how the returns will go since its listed this way.

Wondering does the collectors edition have a cd/activation key that I can activate online to download client? Because my laptop has no CD drive to install client, thanks!

[quote name='BingoBrown']I'm pretty sure you can't add a collector's edition on top of an existing account, it has to be created new. I think this was addressed earlier in this thread.[/QUOTE]
You can upgrade but it's a little harder than it needs to be. However, what he's suggesting is using the free trial (no standard edition to begin with) and activating his collectors edition after he's "maxed" out.

Also, if you have a standard edition and up it to collectors edition you don't get extra free game time. 30 days per account like all MMOs.

[quote name='Poor2More']Wondering does the collectors edition have a cd/activation key that I can activate online to download client? Because my laptop has no CD drive to install client, thanks![/QUOTE]

yes it does.

[quote name='Woocls'] However, what he's suggesting is using the free trial (no standard edition to begin with) and activating his collectors edition after he's "maxed" out.[/QUOTE]

So that is possible? Is it terribly difficult to do? And how do you go about doing it?

[quote name='BingoBrown']So that is possible? Is it terribly difficult to do? And how do you go about doing it?[/QUOTE]
That's easy... you just run through your free trial. Then when you're done you just go to their website, register your product using the CE product key and you're set.

[quote name='Woocls']That's easy... you just run through your free trial. Then when you're done you just go to their website, register your product using the CE product key and you're set.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Okay, that is easy. Are there any limitations on character creation when using the free trial (i.e. limited aliens as it will be when FTP)?

Right as long as all you did was a free trial either the level 15 capped one, or one of the free weekends or were in the last week of the beta (after the purge) you should be able to add it.

Basically if you never activated a game key on the account you should be able to add the CE key no problem.

I think the more dificult part is if you bought it retail and already activated a key and had a paying account to then change it to a CE account.

[quote name='Motoki']Right as long as all you did was a free trial either the level 15 capped one, or one of the free weekends or were in the last week of the beta (after the purge) you should be able to add it.

Basically if you never activated a game key on the account you should be able to add the CE key no problem.

I think the more dificult part is if you bought it retail and already activated a key and had a paying account to then change it to a CE account.[/QUOTE]

I think as long as you are upgrading your edition, ex. going from standard to collectors, you shouldn't have any issues. I'm to lazy to go back through the thread, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading that. I also don't know if that is verified information.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I'm pretty sure you can't add a collector's edition on top of an existing account, it has to be created new. I think this was addressed earlier in this thread.[/QUOTE]

This may have been the case previously, but it's no longer true. I'm a current subscriber who just upgraded to the CE which came in this morning. I had no problem upgrading under the "Code Redemption" page on the website, and I did get a free month added to my account, as my next billing date got extended to October 2, from September 2nd.

[quote name='jalu6']This may have been the case previously, but it's no longer true. I'm a current subscriber who just upgraded to the CE which came in this morning. I had no problem upgrading under the "Code Redemption" page on the website, and I did get a free month added to my account, as my next billing date got extended to October 2, from September 2nd.[/QUOTE]
Really?! Dang I should go ahead and apply the CE to my account and get all my aliens made and see if I can't get into an op or 2 before my time runs out. (I have a lvl 48)

[quote name='BingoBrown']Huh, so I guess anyone, whether they purchased the CE or not, should go create some alien characters before that option becomes limited when the whole thing goes FTP.[/QUOTE]

i may be incorrect, but i believe with the free trial you can only have 1 character on the accounnt

[quote name='MSUHitman']That's for the current to level 15 free trial. not the full F2P rollout in Nov. On swtor.com/free it clearly states certain races will not be available for free players.[/QUOTE]
That's what he was asking about.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Huh, so I guess anyone, whether they purchased the CE or not, should go create some alien characters before that option becomes limited when the whole thing goes FTP.[/QUOTE]
Yes, this does appear to be the way of it. Get your aliens now before they get locked!

[quote name='Shrowd']Kind of late to the party. Isn't 29.99 kind of a standard price for this game?[/QUOTE]

Not for the collectors edition.

[quote name='Duetschbag']Not for the collectors edition.[/QUOTE]
actually the base game just got dropped to an MSRP of $15 so $30 does seem to be the new collectors edition MSRP and is a steal at that price. My little Malgus is so cool!

EDIT: I stand corrected... a bunch of retailers still have the price at $75 or higher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duetschbag
Not for the collectors edition.

actually the base game just got dropped to an MSRP of $15 so $30 does seem to be the new collectors edition MSRP and is a steal at that price. My little Malgus is so cool!

EDIT: I stand corrected... a bunch of retailers still have the price at $75 or higher!

They way I took the post was that that he/she assumed that $29.99 was the price for a while now. MSRP is probably still varied since most retailers just switched the price over the last day or two.

[quote name='Woocls']actually the base game just got dropped to an MSRP of $15 so $30 does seem to be the new collectors edition MSRP and is a steal at that price. My little Malgus is so cool!

EDIT: I stand corrected... a bunch of retailers still have the price at $75 or higher![/QUOTE]

I think it may be and some retailers are just slow. So far Kmart, Newegg, and GS have it for $29.99 now.

[quote name='Vigilante']Thanks for posting this; a couple of GSs near me supposedly have it in stock, so depending on the CE's condition at those locations, I'll pick one up tomorrow and return the Kmart CE in-store since I'd rather pay with GS credit than my own money. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my area is lousy with these things. It's pretty amazing. I already ordered one from K-Mart, but this is great for others . . . .

[quote name='erdmanski1341']i may be incorrect, but i believe with the free trial you can only have 1 character on the accounnt[/QUOTE]

Well, okay, then create your 1 alien character then!

I wonder which aliens will be limited. My guess would be the ones that look the most inhuman, the Twi'lek, Zabrak, and Chiss, maybe more.

If its anything like Lord of the Rings Online F2P (love how the F2P is done), basically if your F2P and you sub for a month, they move you to premium member, which unlocks all content. While a premium member, create all characters/classes, before you cancel. Because once you cancel and go back F2P, You keep all characters (even ones not available to F2P) all INV bags and more.

[quote name='erdmanski1341']i may be incorrect, but i believe with the free trial you can only have 1 character on the accounnt[/QUOTE]

essentially IF you buy CE edition, make all the races/classes before your 30 day trial runs out and go F2P, so you wont be hindered and having to pay with cartel coins to unlock races/classes.

[quote name='erdmanski1341']Looks like GS has dropped the price for the CE to $29.99 as well. It's not available on-line, but perhaps you can still get it in store. Might be worth a trip for anyone that missed out on it.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/star-wars-the-old-republic-online-collectors-edition/92635[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this, missed the Kmart deal but was able to pick one up at gamestop today :). Guy behind the register was suprised when it rang up 29.99

[quote name='Vigilante']First verify that the Gamestop actually has it, preferably by going down to the store yourself, and check its condition. If it's in better condition than the one you bought from BBY, get it and return the BBY one. I figure that it's always better to have BBY gift card credit on hand since it's more versatile and there are usually more reasons to spend at BBY than at GS.[/QUOTE]

Also, think i would be easier to have best buy pm gamestop price or just buy another copy at gamestop and return it to best buy and be done with it?

If you already have a regular edition acct and buy a CE, can you upgrade your regular one?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tallest-Midget']Thanks for posting this, missed the Kmart deal but was able to pick one up at gamestop today :). Guy behind the register was suprised when it rang up 29.99[/QUOTE]

Same here, thanks! :)

[quote name='barrit']I think it may be and some retailers are just slow. So far Kmart, Newegg, and GS have it for $29.99 now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. that was the primary question.. saw it while looking around Newegg for the same price and was curious.

[quote name='slofton']If you already have a regular edition acct and buy a CE, can you upgrade your regular one?[/QUOTE]

No. At least, you couldn't last I checked which was a couple months after launch.

Question (sorry if this is a n00b question): My gf and I want to play this game together, and the price seems right. Do I have to buy 2, or can multiple users play off of 1 game? Sorry, don't do a lot of PC gaming, so not 100% sure about this....I'd have to buy 2 copies, wouldn't I?

[quote name='skytreader']Question (sorry if this is a n00b question): My gf and I want to play this game together, and the price seems right. Do I have to buy 2, or can multiple users play off of 1 game? Sorry, don't do a lot of PC gaming, so not 100% sure about this....I'd have to buy 2 copies, wouldn't I?[/QUOTE]

This game is going Free-to-Play up to Level 50 in November (currently it's Free-to-Play up to Level 15). If you don't care for the physical goods in the Collector's Edition, don't bother buying the game at all.

Well you could buy 1 CE (for the goodies) and instead of buying another CE just wait until the game becomes F2P. But yeah, pretty sure you need 2 keys in order to play together.

Got mine in today, it was in perfect condition. Really awesome package, feel happy with my purchase even though this game will soon be free.

[quote name='eXiON']Well you could buy 1 CE (for the goodies) and instead of buying another CE just wait until the game becomes F2P. But yeah, pretty sure you need 2 keys in order to play together.[/QUOTE]

OK thanks. I'll just buy a 2nd one. I'm sure we'll both want to create all those alien characters and such for each of our accounts before the ability to do so gets removed. Plus it's her birthday this weekend so it'll be something nice and huge I can give to her (snicker). The CE bonus stuff will be nice too. I can offset the cost (or maybe even make it up entirely) by putting the Malgus statue up for sale on craigslist or something. Thanks!

[quote name='Coltin']Got mine in today, it was in perfect condition. Really awesome package, feel happy with my purchase even though this game will soon be free.[/QUOTE]

Got mine today also but it was definitely opened previously. The round pieces of tape that hold the outer plastic shell had been removed previously and the case and box were kind of busted up. I'll see if they let me exchange it in store.

[quote name='slofton']If you already have a regular edition acct and buy a CE, can you upgrade your regular one?[/QUOTE]

I read you could upgrade to higher versions of the game. Trial > Regular > Digital Deluxe > Collector's Edition

[quote name='gpthree']Got mine today also but it was definitely opened previously. The round pieces of tape that hold the outer plastic shell had been removed previously and the case and box were kind of busted up. I'll see if they let me exchange it in store.[/QUOTE]

Same here, the base for the statue is smashed in on top (just a small spot, but still), the steel book is dented and the journal has visible wear on the cover like it's used. No damage to the outer box so it appears someone at the factory was a jerk off and took a bunch of damaged goods and stuck them in this one. None in store so I can't exchange. I sent them an email to see if they'll do something about it.

Second collectors I've had this happen with, in my Skyrim the statue had a wing curled up like someone had run a heat source under it. Going to quit messing collectors, no luck with them.

bread's done
Back