Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/CardCapture

2012110118011975.jpg

AMEX/Xbox Sync Deals Must be done through Dashboard Ad:

• $10 STATEMENT CREDIT FOR ENROLLING!
  • $25 credit back for $50 spent at PacSun
  • $5 credit back for $10 spent at AMC Theaters

Complete Halo 4 Achievements and get rewards:

Look for the Halo/Amex ad on your dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a Kindle Fire HD at Best Buy today, got an email a couple hours later from AMEX thanking me for my purchase, and telling me to expect my $50 credit in about 8 weeks. :bouncy:

So, yeah, my rebates are a mess now...

I bought an iPad in store last Sunday. It appears I got the $50 credit on Tuesday. It is strange because it comes from the Best Buy store I bought the iPad at and not from AMEX or the promo.

But then on Monday Best Buy had iPads $60 off so I rebought it online. I then returned the first one on Wednesday. On Thursday it looks like I got the $20 credit for $200 spent (from that other promo - even though I signed up for it just after my purchase). But then on Friday, I have a $50 charge from the Best Buy store I bought my iPad at (and I most certainly did not go in there and buy anything that day). So it looks like they took the $50 back almost immediately after my return and, as I suspected, my second purchase did not trigger the promo. So it looks like I'll have to contact them about that.

It is odd that the $50 and $20 back show as being from the stores, though. My $10 credit was from "AMERICAN EXPRESS COMNEW YORK". And by the way, if you haven't gotten that within a few days I would make sure you accepted that offer on the dashboard - it isn't automatic from signing up.

[quote name='io']So, yeah, my rebates are a mess now...

I bought an iPad in store last Sunday. It appears I got the $50 credit on Tuesday. It is strange because it comes from the Best Buy store I bought the iPad at and not from AMEX or the promo.

But then on Monday Best Buy had iPads $60 off so I rebought it online. I then returned the first one on Wednesday. On Thursday it looks like I got the $20 credit for $200 spent (from that other promo - even though I signed up for it just after my purchase). But then on Friday, I have a $50 charge from the Best Buy store I bought my iPad at (and I most certainly did not go in there and buy anything that day). So it looks like they took the $50 back almost immediately after my return and, as I suspected, my second purchase did not trigger the promo. So it looks like I'll have to contact them about that.

It is odd that the $50 and $20 back show as being from the stores, though. My $10 credit was from "AMERICAN EXPRESS COMNEW YORK". And by the way, if you haven't gotten that within a few days I would make sure you accepted that offer on the dashboard - it isn't automatic from signing up.[/QUOTE]

FYI both my $50 and $20 offers were from my local BBY also. It must be how they are structured when it is for a specific store deal.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Don't forget the Small business sync for $25 is TOMORROW!!! (Actually today SAT) Free $25.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reminder, i would have forgotten about this.

Finally received my $25 credit for completing the campaign! Credit shows up as "AMERICAN EXPRESS COMNEW YORK".

Well I got a 20" x 36" pizza for the entire extended family for $40 tonight. I got the email for the $25 credit for the small biz Sat deal.

[quote name='nflsonic']Finally received my $25 credit for completing the campaign! Credit shows up as "AMERICAN EXPRESS COMNEW YORK".[/QUOTE]

How long ago did you complete the campaign?

still no offer email from Amex after finishing the campaign and getting Operation Completion exactly a week ago, should I be contacting Amex customer service? would they have any idea what I'm talking about lol

[quote name='diishen']still no offer email from Amex after finishing the campaign and getting Operation Completion exactly a week ago, should I be contacting Amex customer service? would they have any idea what I'm talking about lol[/QUOTE]

I did Operation Completion on Saturday and just got the email today.

still no credits to my account, even though I got the emails stating I fulfilled the requirements. I think its safe to assume they allowed BlueBird cards to sync in error, and won't actually be giving credits to those that used it.

Not a big deal. I mean, it sucks but its not like anyone is really at fault. I'm just glad I didn't drop $100+ dollars at best buy only to realize after that I won't be getting anything back.

My AMEX offers shows that if you sign up, you can get $25 back from the Sony store (online too) if you spend $100. You can view it by logging into your AMEX account or seeing the offer in your iPhone app.

Never got my $10 for synching nor the $50 for spending $100 at Best Buy but got a $20 for spending $200 which was the most recent transaction. Fun.

I'm still slowly working on the Halo 4 campaign. I am playing it coop with my son and we do one chapter per night. I think we finished the 5th one tonight.

Anwyay, I was much relieved to see that my $50 showed back up again after being taken away when I returned the first thing I bought. To recap:

- Last Sunday I bought an iPad in store.
- Got the $50 credit on Tuesday
- Bought a second iPad online on Tuesday since they were $60 off
- Returned the first one on Wednesday
- Got the $20 credit on Thursday from the online purchase (the $20 back on $200 spent promo which I actually signed up for the day after I bought the second iPad)
- On Friday the $50 credit from the first iPad got reversed
- On Saturday got another $50 credit from the online purchase

So, yeah, it all worked out. I never got an email after my second purchase (for either promo) so I assumed it didn't qualify. I was surprised I got the $20 at all since I signed up for it after my purchase. And I was somewhat surprised the $50 showed back up again without me having to contact them.

All in all it was a pretty good deal. I couldn't decide between the iPad Mini and the iPad w/retina display but since Best Buy didn't have anything but the 64GB Mini that pretty much made up my mind for me. Now that I got the bigger/better iPad for $60 off (Best Buy BF deal that I got early via Silver RZ) plus a total of $70 back from AMEX that made it a purchase I feel much better about. The only thing that went sort of wrong was that I had used $95 in RZ certs on the first purchase and those won't get credited back for a few weeks. But even without those I got a $500 iPad for $370 which is about what they really ought to cost ;).

(Side comment: it is pretty funny how the pending charges at the Microsoft store for the $10 games are categorized as "office supplies" on my AMEX account online)

I have a PS3 3D Monitor i bought over the weekend and is going to be here this week. I didn't expect to purchase anything for $100 at BB so i didn't do the Operation to get $50 off 100. I had a few questions, i already synced all the offers and wanted to complete Operation Completion this week since i had no idea it was very easy, can i still get the offer?
Second question is how easy is it for BB to do a return and repurchase in store? I would like to do that and repurchase on my amex for the offer which is 50% off the whole item so i will do anything to get this right. I wouldn't think it's that difficult since it's just a simple return and rebuy, but apparently i heard there can be possible problems with pricing, etc. but couldn't the manager help out with that?

[quote name='Kendro']My AMEX offers shows that if you sign up, you can get $25 back from the Sony store (online too) if you spend $100. You can view it by logging into your AMEX account or seeing the offer in your iPhone app.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. I got myself a 32GB vita card while its still on sale for $80 to stack with this promo. :)

[quote name='Kendro']My AMEX offers shows that if you sign up, you can get $25 back from the Sony store (online too) if you spend $100. You can view it by logging into your AMEX account or seeing the offer in your iPhone app.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='htz']Thanks for the heads up. I got myself a 32GB vita card while its still on sale for $80 to stack with this promo. :)[/QUOTE]

I missed this earlier. It is tempting to upgrade that 8GB card that came with my Target sale 3G Vita. But, htz, I assume you also had to buy something else, right? Like you'd have to get a $29.99 or up game to go along with it (to hit $100). The only things I would consider getting are LBP or P4. And I was hoping to get both of those for much cheaper at some point. If I got the $25 back, that would mean $95 for the 32GB and P4... Hmmm... will have to consider... The 8GB that I thought would be plenty was eaten up quick when PS+ hit the Vita (and I don't even have Uncharted downloaded on it yet). Still, though, it would be nice if I could get something for that (of course it has been used now - though only for a week).

I'll tell you one thing: all these AMEX promos are getting me to use that card much more than I normally do. Most of the time I only use it at Costco since that's all they take. But I have no particular loyalty to my other cards, so I goes where the deals do ;).

[quote name='io']I missed this earlier. It is tempting to upgrade that 8GB card that came with my Target sale 3G Vita. But, htz, I assume you also had to buy something else, right? Like you'd have to get a $29.99 or up game to go along with it (to hit $100). The only things I would consider getting are LBP or P4. And I was hoping to get both of those for much cheaper at some point. If I got the $25 back, that would mean $95 for the 32GB and P4... Hmmm... will have to consider... The 8GB that I thought would be plenty was eaten up quick when PS+ hit the Vita (and I don't even have Uncharted downloaded on it yet). Still, though, it would be nice if I could get something for that (of course it has been used now - though only for a week).

I'll tell you one thing: all these AMEX promos are getting me to use that card much more than I normally do. Most of the time I only use it at Costco since that's all they take. But I have no particular loyalty to my other cards, so I goes where the deals do ;).[/QUOTE]
I paired it with this http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666513659. After taxes it pushed me over the $100 threshold.

I have the costco amex also, and I use it at costco and gas stations when my chase freedom/discover don't have 5% on it. I have been using my discover a lot lately also due to the free one day shipping and 5% back at amazon.

[quote name='io']:lol: I guess this is one of the rare times when not having to pay sales tax is a detriment. I'd be 2 cents short with that combo.[/QUOTE]
:cool::applause:

Hey, I beat Halo 4 and got the offer and all of that... but question, can I log in my brother-in-law and beat just the last level to unlock the achievement? I don't think 343 is that dumb to let you get the achievement by just doing that right?

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Hey, I beat Halo 4 and got the offer and all of that... but question, can I log in my brother-in-law and beat just the last level to unlock the achievement? I don't think 343 is that dumb to let you get the achievement by just doing that right?[/QUOTE]

The Wake Up John achievement is for finishing all levels, not just completing the final level, so it wouldn't work.

[quote name='sengar']The Wake Up John achievement is for finishing all levels, not just completing the final level, so it wouldn't work.[/QUOTE]

I figured that is how it was triggered, but just thought I'd check. Thanks.

I went back to the xbox dash and didn't see the answer. When does this offer have to be completed by. For some reason December 31 sticks in my mind.

[quote name='io']I missed this earlier. It is tempting to upgrade that 8GB card that came with my Target sale 3G Vita. But, htz, I assume you also had to buy something else, right? Like you'd have to get a $29.99 or up game to go along with it (to hit $100). The only things I would consider getting are LBP or P4. And I was hoping to get both of those for much cheaper at some point. If I got the $25 back, that would mean $95 for the 32GB and P4... Hmmm... will have to consider... The 8GB that I thought would be plenty was eaten up quick when PS+ hit the Vita (and I don't even have Uncharted downloaded on it yet). Still, though, it would be nice if I could get something for that (of course it has been used now - though only for a week).

I'll tell you one thing: all these AMEX promos are getting me to use that card much more than I normally do. Most of the time I only use it at Costco since that's all they take. But I have no particular loyalty to my other cards, so I goes where the deals do ;).[/QUOTE]

Most retail games on the PSN store seem to be a solid 3GB. So the 32GB would be your best bet if you want to store 8 games at a time.

Before you can get games, you need to BUY them. So it might be worth getting $100 worth of PSN money for $80.

Well I just got my $25 for the small business deal. That brings me to $140 in credits through these syncs for spending $240 ($300 technically since I bought Halo). Not too shabby.

[quote name='Kendro']Most retail games on the PSN store seem to be a solid 3GB. So the 32GB would be your best bet if you want to store 8 games at a time.

Before you can get games, you need to BUY them. So it might be worth getting $100 worth of PSN money for $80.[/QUOTE]

Nope - no need for the PSN money except for the occasional purchase (and I think I have a couple of $20 cards in a drawer from some long-ago Kmart deal). I expect to get plenty of PSN stuff from PS+. I actually went with the 8GB bundle because I thought I wouldn't be getting a lot of downloadable games. PS+ threw a wrench into those plans ;).

I think I'm just going to stick with the 8GB and only put on there what I need when I need it. With PS+ cloud saving I can back up any saves before I delete the games. I don't expect to play the Vita all that much and won't be taking it anywhere so I don't need to have everything on the card at once - can always redownload what I need. In fact, I think the first thing I'm going to do is delete Wipeout and Gravity Rush and get Uncharted on there since I want to play that first.

Anyway, off topic... I guess I should look for my $25 small business credit. I bought a $25 gift card at a local movie theater - so, yeah, a free movie with a couple of my kids!

man... I want to return what I bought with the "spend $100 at Best Buy get $50 credit promotion", is there any way to return that and get it in a gift card or store credit so I don't lose the $50 credit on amex card?

[quote name='perfectsil']man... I want to return what I bought with the "spend $100 at Best Buy get $50 credit promotion", is there any way to return that and get it in a gift card or store credit so I don't lose the $50 credit on amex card?[/QUOTE]

Just bring it in without the receipt. I dont see why they wouldnt give you store credit as long as it's unopened.

[quote name='Punisher138']Just bring it in without the receipt. I dont see why they wouldnt give you store credit as long as it's unopened.[/QUOTE]

If you don't have a receipt, don't they usually just look it up on your card?

I guess you could claim you paid cash, maybe that works. Probably limited to just a "store credit" that way - and that's if they do a return at all lacking both the card and the receipt. I guess that's what the previous poster wanted though, so it's worth a shot.

Best buy requires receipts for all returns. Every BB I've visited has that policy clearly posted at the customer service line. Anything else is extreme YMMV.

[quote name='perfectsil']man... I want to return what I bought with the "spend $100 at Best Buy get $50 credit promotion", is there any way to return that and get it in a gift card or store credit so I don't lose the $50 credit on amex card?[/QUOTE]

If you read back a bit (post 414 on the previous page to be exact) I went through this very same thing. While I didn't try to get credit, I had no problem getting the promo applied on a second item I purchased after getting the refund (and having the first $50 credit reversed). I didn't have to call them or anything - happened automatically.

So you could just return your item and buy a $100 gift card if they won't give you store credit for the return. Actually, it might be possible to apply your return directly to the purchase of the gift card in the same transaction and in that case it would never even show up as a credit to your AMEX account. I was able to buy a $50 iTunes card when I did my return. I did it to use the Reward Zone certs that I had used in the original transaction so I didn't have to wait 3-4 weeks for those to go back to my account. But it should work for what you want to do as well.

[quote name='edson13']is the promo over? I dont see anywhere to sync the code that i got from the amex site.[/QUOTE]
Games tab -> "Browse Games" then look on the right side of the screen

Just return it with the receipt but ask them to put it on a gift card. I did it yesterday, it is no problem.

I lost my credit card the other day, hopefully it will automatically transfer the Halo offers onto the new card. I went back into time machine and saved the confirming emails when I sighed up (Finished the game 2 days ago & played the first episode of Spartin ops, no email yet about the 25 offer or the best buy one.)

Anyone else had this situation come up?

[quote name='parkerwilson']got email after 4-5 days.

Will the $20 off $200 twitter stack with $50 off $100 halo deal?[/QUOTE]

Yep, they stack, I used them both last week and received both credits a couple days ago.

Bought $200 BB GC -- got email confirmations right away for both Amex Sync & Halo offers and both credits

Wednesday, November 28 BEST BUY CHICAGO IL $200.00
Friday, November 30 BEST BUY CHICAGO IL -$20.00
Friday, November 30 BEST BUY CHICAGO IL -$50.00

Anyone get their $25 credit for completion yet?

I just checked my online statement and I had a mysterious statement credit for an Amex promo, but not for $25. For 25 British Pound sterling (~$40)! The only Amex promo I can think of that I haven't accounted for is the Halo completion. It's listed as:
"Amex Offer
25.00 UNITED KINGDOM POUND STERLING CONVE
AMERICAN EXPRESS PAYMENT SVCS LTD
1ST FLOOR BELGRAVE HOUSE
76 BUCKINGHAM PALACE ROAD
LONDON"

[quote name='richdmoore']I lost my credit card the other day, hopefully it will automatically transfer the Halo offers onto the new card. I went back into time machine and saved the confirming emails when I sighed up (Finished the game 2 days ago & played the first episode of Spartin ops, no email yet about the 25 offer or the best buy one.)

Anyone else had this situation come up?[/QUOTE]

Yup. I signed up with my expired card because I had lost the new one and was waiting for a replacement. Made my purchase with the replacement card, and it was all good!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yup. I signed up with my expired card because I had lost the new one and was waiting for a replacement. Made my purchase with the replacement card, and it was all good![/QUOTE]

Thank you. I received an email stating it would automatically transfer as well about an hour ago.

bread's done
Back