Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/CardCapture

2012110118011975.jpg

AMEX/Xbox Sync Deals Must be done through Dashboard Ad:

• $10 STATEMENT CREDIT FOR ENROLLING!
  • $25 credit back for $50 spent at PacSun
  • $5 credit back for $10 spent at AMC Theaters

Complete Halo 4 Achievements and get rewards:

Look for the Halo/Amex ad on your dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone that linked their blue bird card with the xbox offers had the $10 and $25 posted yet?

I know my card syncd properly. I completed the achievements required for the $25, the $50 back if i spend $100 at best buy, and the $10 offer, received emails about all of them, even ones confirming i have unlocked them after completing the achievements, but I have yet to see the money credited to my account. Do I need to spend the money required before they give me the credit, or is it just going to take up to the 8 weeks that the emails state.

[quote name='JaTaN']As long as you got the email then the promo is activated for your card[/QUOTE]

Yep, can verify that this works (in that I didn't activate anything - just waited for the initial email). I spent (way) over $100 at Best Buy Sunday and when I got home I already had a "Thank You" email from AMEX that says:

Thank you for using your American Express Card at Best Buy. If
your purchase qualifies for a $50.00 statement credit, the
statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks.

SO my questions is this... I bought something yesterday at Best Buy but it was $60 cheaper with the Black Friday preview sale today. So I just bought it again online (using AMEX again). If I return the first one but keep the second, will they negate my $50 AMEX/Halo 4 reward, or will they count it for the second purchase? I have a feeling no one, even at AMEX, would be able to answer that question.

I also used $90 in RZ certs for my other purchase. I know those get returned to the account but I am taking a little bit of a risk on messing those up plus losing out on the $50 from AMEX...

[quote name='io']SO my questions is this... I bought something yesterday at Best Buy but it was $60 cheaper with the Black Friday preview sale today. So I just bought it again online (using AMEX again). If I return the first one but keep the second, will they negate my $50 AMEX/Halo 4 reward, or will they count it for the second purchase? I have a feeling no one, even at AMEX, would be able to answer that question.

I also used $90 in RZ certs for my other purchase. I know those get returned to the account but I am taking a little bit of a risk on messing those up plus losing out on the $50 from AMEX...[/QUOTE]
Should've just bought a $100 gift card to make things easier

See what happens to your $50 credit a few days after you return the first, you may have to contact them: https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/CustomerService

[quote name='confoosious']Is there anyway to re-find the amex promo on the xbox dashboard?[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing it in the same spot: "GAMES" screen -> click "Browse Games" and it should be the bottom right tile

[quote name='JaTaN']Should've just bought a $100 gift card to make things easier

See what happens to your $50 credit a few days after you return the first, you may have to contact them: https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/CustomerService[/QUOTE]

Yeah, yeah, but I really had no idea that the Best Buy Silver preview sale would have $60 off an iPad so I thought my purchase yesterday would be final. I could have looked in advance but I just assumed Apple never let them put stuff like that on sale. And I was suprised I was able to order one (figured it would have been sold out or the site would have stayed messed up as it was for an hour). So even if I had seen it I probably would have picked one up yesterday anyway to use the 3x RZ coupon and make sure I had it in hand for my son's birthday next week.

Anyway, I just contacted them so we'll see what they say, if they can even understand what I'm trying to ask ;). Even if, for some reason, I lose out on the $50, I saved $60 from the sale so it was a slightly better deal. Only problem is I used $95 in RZ certs on the purchase yesterday which I know will go back on my account but I don't have any more big purchases to make there any time soon.

[quote name='rbarba4']I'm seeing it in the same spot: "GAMES" screen -> click "Browse Games" and it should be the bottom right tile[/QUOTE]

I just see a generic group of avatars there.

[quote name='io']Yeah, yeah, but I really had no idea that the Best Buy Silver preview sale would have $60 off an iPad so I thought my purchase yesterday would be final. I could have looked in advance but I just assumed Apple never let them put stuff like that on sale. And I was suprised I was able to order one (figured it would have been sold out or the site would have stayed messed up as it was for an hour). So even if I had seen it I probably would have picked one up yesterday anyway to use the 3x RZ coupon and make sure I had it in hand for my son's birthday next week.

Anyway, I just contacted them so we'll see what they say, if they can even understand what I'm trying to ask ;). Even if, for some reason, I lose out on the $50, I saved $60 from the sale so it was a slightly better deal. Only problem is I used $95 in RZ certs on the purchase yesterday which I know will go back on my account but I don't have any more big purchases to make there any time soon.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better, I contacted AMEX on Twitter and ended up explaining it in the secure message center my issue: bought egift, told it wouldn't count by AMEX, returned it and bought physical one, but credit is on egift. I was told that if the credit is returned, to contact that particular CSR by email and she can force the credit back. YMMV, naturally, but there's hope...

Here's my story, I didn't have an Amex card at first. I signed up for one and got it days later, but I already started Halo 4 because I couldn't wait to play it before I synced the card to the Xbox.

Although, I knew about the Amex deals, such as beating the game and getting 25$ for doing so...I didn't know whether or not the credit would still be applied if I beat the game before syncing the card. But I took the risk anyways.

Here's what happened. After playing 2 or 3 levels, I realized if I had a chance to get 25$ for beating the game, I should NOT be connected to Xbox live. So I disconnected from LIVE when playing Halo 4 from that point forward and beat the game, WITHOUT having Amex card synced at this time. A day or two later I received my new card and I immediately synced it with my Xbox. I then DELETED my profile account from my Xbox, and RECOVERED my gamertag. Just to see if that would possibly make me more eligible for the offer or something.

I played Halo 4 some more after that, completing other offers such as playing Spartan Ops etc. in order to get the Best Buy offer. I already beat the game and got the "Wake Up John" achievement prior to syncing my card, so I didn't know whether or not I was going to get the 25$ credit. But, about a week later, I got an email for both the "Wake Up John" achievement AND the Best Buy offer saying congratulations on my completion and here are your offers.

So, it appears that I did get the offers EVEN though I beat the game without syncing first. The catch was being connected to live.

To re-iterate:
Played game disconnected from LIVE, and beat the game.
Got Amex card after I got the "Wake Up John" achievement.
Connected to live and sync'd Amex card to Xbox.
Deleted gamer profile off Xbox.
Recovered gamertag.
Played more Halo 4 and completed Best Buy offer etc.
Got confirmation emails for completing the achievements, from Amex.

Still haven't had the reward amounts posted to my account for the 10$ sync to Xbox, and 25$ achievement. I still need to spend 100$ at Best Buy to get the 50$ back, but I'll be doing that soon so I'm not worried about that one.

I hope everything makes sense. I am writing this in a tired state. Hope this helps anyone too...I'll try to respond to comments on my particular story. I'll let everyone know whether or not the money gets posted to my account in the next month or two as well.

Cheers.

So as some people may have seen, AMEX is now separately offering a $20 credit when you spend $200 at Best Buy.... Haven't used the $50 back promo yet... If I spend $200, am I going to get a $20, $50 or $70 credit?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']So as some people may have seen, AMEX is now separately offering a $20 credit when you spend $200 at Best Buy.... Haven't used the $50 back promo yet... If I spend $200, am I going to get a $20, $50 or $70 credit?[/QUOTE]

They are separate promos so you should see separate credits.

Time to buy $200 worth of Kindle gift cards.

My fiancee and I each picked up $100 in Amazon GCs on Saturday, and the credit is posting to both of our accounts this morning. Pretty fast turnaround. Going back for thirds when the additional card I requested in her name gets here. :)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']So as some people may have seen, AMEX is now separately offering a $20 credit when you spend $200 at Best Buy.... Haven't used the $50 back promo yet... If I spend $200, am I going to get a $20, $50 or $70 credit?[/QUOTE]

Anyone care to direct me to this offer? Is it facebook?

Edit...found it. Anyone ever have 2 offers claimed on one transaction before?

gah I still don't have my operation completed email. Is it possible to show someone your achievements via a web browser? I might have to screenshot it for CS.

[quote name='confoosious']gah I still don't have my operation completed email. Is it possible to show someone your achievements via a web browser? I might have to screenshot it for CS.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can see your achievements on xbox.com.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Anyone care to direct me to this offer? Is it facebook?

Edit...found it. Anyone ever have 2 offers claimed on one transaction before?[/QUOTE]

Could you post a link to the offer please? Thank you.

Operation Completed stuff worked great for me, took about 4 days to get the 'you qualified' email. Then I made a $100 purchase at bby and within a minute I had an email from amex thanking me for my bby purchase and saying that if it qualified I would see the $50 statement credit. Swell deal.

Where is it being promoted? Also I recall a costco amex promo as well.... is that still live?

Damn. I ignored this thread because I didn't have an XBOX or Halo 4 - but i'm probably getting one for this week ($199 deal). I had been going back and forth between XBOX bundle or Vita bundle (since I already have ps3).

I wasn't going to get Halo 4, but this is a sick deal and means there is like no reason at all NOT to get it. What is the expiration date on all of these individual credits?

If I get a 360:

Sync 360 $10
Sync 360 $50 off $100 at Best Buy (when is this good until!!!??? any other catch for this one other than syncing the 360?)
Halo 4 "Wake Up John Achivemenet" Get $25.

The other deals are no use to me, but thats still $85 right there on a $199 console + $60 game (plus I'm sure I will pay much less for Halo 4). What's the deadline on these deals?

[quote name='Agent Orange']Damn. I ignored this thread because I didn't have an XBOX or Halo 4 - but i'm probably getting one for this week ($199 deal). I had been going back and forth between XBOX bundle or Vita bundle (since I already have ps3).

I wasn't going to get Halo 4, but this is a sick deal and means there is like no reason at all NOT to get it. What is the expiration date on all of these individual credits?

If I get a 360:

Sync 360 $10
Sync 360 $50 off $100 at Best Buy (when is this good until!!!??? any other catch for this one other than syncing the 360?)

The other deals are no use to me, but thats still $85 right there on a $199 console + $60 game (plus I'm sure I will pay much less for Halo 4). What's the deadline on these deals?[/QUOTE]
Link to register: http://www.amexbox.com

Terms for each offer: https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/OfferTerms

[quote name='JaTaN']Link to register: http://www.amexbox.com

Terms for each offer: https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/OfferTerms[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir!!!

I was thinking about just buying the 360 today for $249, to get the sync out of the way if that was necessary. But it looks like I have plenty of time, even if I order from Newegg and wait for shipping. Man this will be unbelievable deal between the Holiday bundle and all these credits.

[quote name='cancerman1120']https://www.facebook.com/americanexpress/app_216352075054740

This should get you to where you can sync your account.

The offer is right on the page. You have to claim it after syncing your card.[/QUOTE]
Thanks -- your link worked perfectly for my synced card. I tried going to the FB Amex offers page earlier and BB was not on the list of offers for my card. I did unsync my card from Twitter so not sure if that helped or if it was your direct link, but either way I'm good to go

On my 2nd Amex card I was able to get the offer directly from my online Amex account under the "My Offers SHOP DINE SAVE" section (this card is not synced to FB or Twitter)

Now to wait and see if people are able to stack both Halo & Amex sync promos on a single $200+ purchase

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I spent $200 and I got an email from both the $50 offer and the $20 offer. Now to see if both credits are applied.[/QUOTE]

Did you re-sync or do anything different to register for the $20 offer? I've done the $50 halo offer already.

[quote name='Donut2922']Did you re-sync or do anything different to register for the $20 offer? I've done the $50 halo offer already.[/QUOTE]

Well you have to register the card with facebook but I must have done that awhile ago when I did the twitter sync also. After it is registered, which I think is done by liking the AMEX page and using the app you can just sync offers by liking them. It was awhile ago so I am not sure exactly how I did it. All I had to do today was sign into my Facebook, go to the AMEX page and click on the BBY offer. It just added it to my already registered card.

Edit: Looking at my timeline it seems that I synced my card last March but this is the first offer I am using it on.

Side note: Man I do not use Facebook much but the layout now is such a piece of crap. Maybe it gets better the more you use it but it seem unnecessarily complicated now.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Damn. I ignored this thread because I didn't have an XBOX or Halo 4 - but i'm probably getting one for this week ($199 deal). I had been going back and forth between XBOX bundle or Vita bundle (since I already have ps3).

If I get a 360:

Sync 360 $10

The other deals are no use to me, but thats still $85 right there on a $199 console + $60 game (plus I'm sure I will pay much less for Halo 4). What's the deadline on these deals?[/QUOTE]

You can also use the "spend $200 at Best Buy and get $20 back" promo to first buy the Xbox 360 bundle. That will maximize your cash back.

As promised, I am returning with an update on my situation.

If people don't remember, or have not read it, this is a summary of my situation.

I did not have an Amex card till after I beat Halo 4. Although, I was not connected to LIVE when playing Halo 4. I got the card, and sycned it to my xbox, and wasn't sure If I would get the "Wake up John" achievement CREDIT or not since I already beat the game, without having the card synced in the first place PRIOR to beating the game.

Well, I synced the card, deleted my gamer profile, and then recovered my gamer profile to see if that would help my odds at all in getting the credit. Unknown if this is necessary but I still did it to make the odds on my side.

Just checked my credit card statement online and I have both the 10$ credit for syncing, and also the 25$ credit for beating Halo 4.

This confirms that you can complete an achievement prior to syncing, as long as you are not connected to live, and later deleted and recover your gamertag, and still get the reward of 25$!

Again, I confirm this myself! Luckily this was tested out on myself and not someone else haha. Lucky you who are reading and this pertains to.

So go ahead, if you haven't got an Amex card and you haven't played Halo connected to LIVE, you can still get the 25$ credit if you do as I said.

Just registered for the $20 back on $200 best Buy promo. If only I had done that yesterday before I spent $400 #-o. I don't see spending $200 more in one transaction the rest of the year. Maybe I'll get lucky and yesterday's transaction will count.

[quote name='diishen']Got "Operations Complete" 2 days ago, still no email from Amex, should I be worried?[/QUOTE]
Give it up to a week

Is the deal dead? I went to register my card on the site in the OP and said it can't be validated at this time and the video had been removed by the user...hopefully it's still valid...

Edit: although I just read somewhere else that corporate cards aren't valid? maybe that's it...don't have a personal card.

[quote name='blitztwn36']Is the deal dead? I went to register my card on the site in the OP and said it can't be validated at this time and the video had been removed by the user...hopefully it's still valid...

Edit: although I just read somewhere else that corporate cards aren't valid? maybe that's it...don't have a personal card.[/QUOTE]
It might be over for new sign ups. Like you said the youtube video is removed. I also checked the main sync site, https://sync.americanexpress.com/, xbox has been removed as a sync option.

[quote name='blitztwn36']Is the deal dead? I went to register my card on the site in the OP and said it can't be validated at this time and the video had been removed by the user...hopefully it's still valid...

Edit: although I just read somewhere else that corporate cards aren't valid? maybe that's it...don't have a personal card.[/QUOTE]
You can use personal cards or small business OPEN cards (not prepaid or corporate)

For the purposes hereof, an “Eligible Card” is a valid American Express Consumer Card, or Business Card from American Express OPEN, issued in the U.S. by AXP or by a third party bank licensed to issue AXP-branded Cards. Prepaid Cards (including, without limitation, American Express Gift Cards and Serve Cards) and Corporate Cards are not considered Eligible Cards.

Oh boy I hope this won't get messy. I now have 2 $10 credits and 1 $25 credit. For some reason the day I got $25 for completing the game it also gave me another $10 back. Should be interesting to see what happens when I get the $50 for spending $100.

Anyone still see the AmEx tile on the 360 dashboard? I wanted to check for more offers (AMC movie) that I could add to my already synced card.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Anyone still see the AmEx tile on the 360 dashboard? I wanted to check for more offers (AMC movie) that I could add to my already synced card.[/QUOTE]

I barely synced my card yesterday and was able to find all the amex stuff by going to the games tab and then pressing on "browse games". An advertisement should show up on the lower right hand corner. It still shows for me there today.

I checked my account and the $10 credit was applied. Now I need to get those Halo achievements.

Also I have an offer on Facebook for spending $200 or more at Best Buy and get $20 back.
I wonder if I can just wait until I get that spartan ops achievement and followup email from American Express saying I can get $50 back for spending $100 at Best Buy if spending $200 will satisfy BOTH offers

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I checked my account and the $10 credit was applied. Now I need to get those Halo achievements.

Also I have an offer on Facebook for spending $200 or more at Best Buy and get $20 back.
I wonder if I can just wait until I get that spartan ops achievement and followup email from American Express saying I can get $50 back for spending $100 at Best Buy if spending $200 will satisfy BOTH offers[/QUOTE]
Few people on other forums (SD/FW) have reported that both offers stack so after you activate both, you can make a single $200+ purchase and get both $50 & $20 credits

I plan on doing the achievement today/tomorrow -- after I get the promo email I plan on grabbing Amazon Kindle gift cards if BB's in IL carry them, if not then I'll just get a $200 BB GC

Well everything and more posted to my account. I spent $200 ($100 GC $100 Kindle) to qualify for the Facebook sync. I got the $50 from Halo and $20 from the Facebook sync for spending $200. Add to that the $10 and $25 for Halo and some random $10 credit which was most likely a duplicate and I got $115 total in credit for spending the $200 and playing the game. May be the best deal of the year.

Buy Halo 4 $52.42 (so far), get $20 RZ cert + $23 for DLC sale + $42 to trade it back = -$32.58.

So in the end I paid $52.42 for a $200 credit at BBY. Not bad at all.

bread's done
Back