Tales from Good Will / Salvation Army 2008

like i said any PPV's from before 1993 on coliseum home video will fetch good prices. Roughly 15 dollars and up on ebay. All of them are OUT OF PRINT, that's what you need to look for. Anything that wasn't re-released. Anything that has the WWF watermark and not the blurred mark. If still sealed they are worth even more.

If you like to collect VHS tapes you need to go after the Out-of-print "OOP" stuff that was never put out on DVD. There are alot of obscure movies and tapes (like the coliseum WWF tapes) that will never go on DVD.

I sold off alot of my VHS tapes because i had so many that I had nowhere to put them. I still have a bunch left (including DVD's) that are either favorites or out of print stuff that is collectible.

SA is a great source for VHS tapes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo Power #41 - $0.25
2x quickshot ii turbo atari controllers - $0.99 each

I saw a couple complete genesis games, but I'm not paying $7+tax for an NHL game lol. I guess it depends on who's pricing them, because at another location I found complete genesis games for $3.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']like i said any PPV's from before 1993 on coliseum home video will fetch good prices. Roughly 15 dollars and up on ebay. All of them are OUT OF PRINT, that's what you need to look for. Anything that wasn't re-released. Anything that has the WWF watermark and not the blurred mark. If still sealed they are worth even more.[/quote]

There are the Tagged Classics series that is available from Silver Vision that contains a number of events that are close to uncut. They are PAL Region 2 DVD but especially for the WWF watermark era its the best way you can get a number of events uncut. I'm very tempted to eventually pick up all the Wrestlemania releases they have done since they are uncut.

[quote name='rtooby']Nintendo Power #41 - $0.25
2x quickshot ii turbo atari controllers - $0.99 each

I saw a couple complete genesis games, but I'm not paying $7+tax for an NHL game lol. I guess it depends on who's pricing them, because at another location I found complete genesis games for $3.[/QUOTE]

Several places I go to list CIB Genesis sports games for as much as $10, specifically because they're boxed.

On a related note, my usual goodwill has a copy of NHL 94 for 50 cents that I might pick up on payday. Really for sentimental reasons. My childhood dentists office had a Genesis with NHL 94 and Ecco The Dolphin. I shouldn't really say childhood, because I was 13 and this was 1999. They upgraded to an N64 and Yoshi's Story soon after that.

On a non-gaming note, I'm debating on picking up a piano at goodwill for $75. I see them for free on craigslist sometimes, but none of those are as in tune and in as good a condition as this.

Saw High School Musical 3 Dance something marked 5 something. Checked the disc and it looked fine. Maybe I should pick it up??? Also saw some of those flight sticks, dell all in ones. And this caught my eye but don't know if its worth anything- Seagate TapeStor 3200. And saw some boxed DVD sets and Wii play sealed for 29.xx. Is anything worth flipping?? And when do they update prices?? Sorry if this has already been answered. Today was my 1st time going to GW.

Depends on what DVD sets and what condition they're in. Wii Play isn't worth it unless it's got the controller, and if you're flipping it, it's not worth it.

lol over here everyone thinks super mario/duck hunt is worth a fortune, no mario or sonic game would last, some clueless ebay seller will grab it

This thread is for your tales of getting great
8.gif

8.gif

Went to 3 Goodwills today and found a pretty good score. I'm a big retro gaming enthusiast, so for me getting the following made my weekend:

Colecovision system w/ 2 controllers
Games: Donkey Kong (2 copies), Donkey Kong Jr., Pitfall, Q-Bert, Cabbage Patch Kids
Manuals included for most games, as well as the system

Intellivision II system w/ 4 controllers
Games: Frogger (boxed), Demon Attack, Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, The Empire Strikes Back, Poker (2 copies), Bowling, Space Spartans, Vectron, Beauty and the Beast, Star Strike, Snafu, Space Battle, Burger Time, Night Stalker, Skiing, B-17 Bomber, Super Pro Decathlon, Bomb Squad, Auto Racing, Space Armada, Pac-Man
Accessories: Boxed Intellivision Voice Synthesis Module, 2 random Gemstick 3rd party controllers for the Atari 2600
Manuals included for nearly all games, 4 or 5 controller overlays included

Each system was boxed separately with all games and accessories included and each priced at $9.99. Both systems worked fine when I got home as well, even the Intellivision controllers that I tested seemed okay. Very happy with the score overall.

[quote name='phattyphat69']Went to 3 Goodwills today and found a pretty good score. I'm a big retro gaming enthusiast, so for me getting the following made my weekend:

Colecovision system w/ 2 controllers
Games: Donkey Kong (2 copies), Donkey Kong Jr., Pitfall, Q-Bert, Cabbage Patch Kids
Manuals included for most games, as well as the system

Intellivision II system w/ 4 controllers
Games: Frogger (boxed), Demon Attack, Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, The Empire Strikes Back, Poker (2 copies), Bowling, Space Spartans, Vectron, Beauty and the Beast, Star Strike, Snafu, Space Battle, Burger Time, Night Stalker, Skiing, B-17 Bomber, Super Pro Decathlon, Bomb Squad, Auto Racing, Space Armada, Pac-Man
Accessories: Boxed Intellivision Voice Synthesis Module, 2 random Gemstick 3rd party controllers for the Atari 2600
Manuals included for nearly all games, 4 or 5 controller overlays included

Each system was boxed separately with all games and accessories included and each priced at $9.99. Both systems worked fine when I got home as well, even the Intellivision controllers that I tested seemed okay. Very happy with the score overall.[/QUOTE]

Impressing thats not expensive..
514.jpg

Retro games are always funny to play..

Wish I had your Goodwills, nothing at mine besides the 4 $25 PS1s that have been there for almost a year and a really filthy Genesis with pluggins and 1 controller for $16 no thanks.

There are people out there who go to thrift stores everyday to find stuff to flip on ebay. You can tell if there's those people that go to the store everyday. They stay in there all day walking around, waiting to see if anything new gets put out. Following you and looking at stuff you look at and staring at you. I get kind of annoyed when I'm looking at something in there like the movie bins and out of the blue some weirdo comes over and snatches every tape I looked at.

Like those shady looking guys who are always in the electronic section, examing those old VCR's and 8 track players from the 70's. :lol:

I wont lie I use to go everyday to Goodwill to find game stuff to build up Ebay bundles but then game stuff slowed down cause I think the workers started taking that stuff after seeing what I was buying all the time. I never stayed around all day though thats kinda creepy. I dont look at clothes so I walk past the electronics, cd video rack, and the 5 aisles of stuff then im done, usually a 15min trip.

Nice finds for me today,
Resident Evil 2 - complete (PS1) - $1.99
Diablo - missing manual (PS1) - $0.99 (been looking for this forever :) )
Battle Arena Toshinden - complete (PS1) $0.99
Kid Icarus (NES) - $1.99
NES Gun - $0.99

I pulled a pretty interesting haul yesterday at my local goodwill:

SYSTEMS:
Nintendo 64 w/ 2 Controllers - $12 (I bought another controller for $1 too)
A nice MINTY Super Nintendo w/ controller - $7.50(didn't have any hookups though)

GAMES(all were $3.33 each)
Gameboy
-Mario Bros DX (complete)
-Boggle Plus (sealed!)
-Word Zap (complete)
SNES
-Mr. Do! (complete)
-Super Gameboy (complete)
-Jeopardy (sealed)
-Super Mario World(cart only)

Granted a lot of these games aren't really special(I think Mr. Do! has some value though), it's just sort of cool to have sealed gameboy and snes games. There was a CIB Atari 2600 there for $15 and a bunch of complete Atari games but I don't think they hold any real value, plus I'd rather just play my Atari compilation game.

nothing at my Goodwills :( except for a couple of XBOX slim controllers and a N64 Controller. Best find was Syphon Filter 2 for PSone for $2.50, but I passed.

[quote name='eastshore4']Granted a lot of these games aren't really special(I think Mr. Do! has some value though), it's just sort of cool to have sealed gameboy and snes games. There was a CIB Atari 2600 there for $15 and a bunch of complete Atari games but I don't think they hold any real value, plus I'd rather just play my Atari compilation game.
[/QUOTE]

They tend to go pretty well on eBay. You could of gotten at least $50 if not more for that.

[quote name='eastshore4']I pulled a pretty interesting haul yesterday at my local goodwill:

SYSTEMS:
Nintendo 64 w/ 2 Controllers - $12 (I bought another controller for $1 too)
A nice MINTY Super Nintendo w/ controller - $7.50(didn't have any hookups though)

GAMES(all were $3.33 each)
Gameboy
-Mario Bros DX (complete)
-Boggle Plus (sealed!)
-Word Zap (complete)
SNES
-Mr. Do! (complete)
-Super Gameboy (complete)
-Jeopardy (sealed)
-Super Mario World(cart only)

Granted a lot of these games aren't really special(I think Mr. Do! has some value though), it's just sort of cool to have sealed gameboy and snes games. There was a CIB Atari 2600 there for $15 and a bunch of complete Atari games but I don't think they hold any real value, plus I'd rather just play my Atari compilation game.
[/QUOTE]

I have a Nintendo brand composite cable(RCA cable) I could let go of for like $2-3 plus shipping. I had it for the SNES I bought from a SA store down the line from me for $7.50 that came with no hookups, but I ended up finding an old ass Mad Catz multi system(Sega,Nintendo,Sony,MS) RF switch.

I ended up selling the SNES to the local shop for $15, which wasn't bad since I paid maybe $2 for the power cable, so I made money and flipped it back to them. :lol:

Went to mine today, and they had all of the same sports games that they had the last time I went (over a month ago). Had two 360 games (Madden 06 and Sing It) and one PS3 game (SIngstar Abba or something) and a bunch of PC games. Was hoping they had an old console or two, but they didn't. Might hit up the two Salvation Army's in town tomorrow.

found some gamecube games

Just got Pikmin and Pikmin 2 for 2.50 a piece at the Salvation army...

Super Smash brothers:Melee 3.00 St.Vincent

a few weeks ago i also got nhl blitz for .75 cents...

I keep on seeing gamecubes for 4-6 bucks wonder if should pick them...

Got a sombrero for $2 and Battletoads/Double Dragon for Genesis for $3 yesterday. Might go back today, they had some pretty nice golf clubs on the cheap.

I also found a CIB Guitar Hero 1 game that also included a dualshock controller for $15... anyone know if this is worth investing in for a flip? It's hard to search for GH1 on ebay to find a selling rate.

[quote name='eastshore4']Got a sombrero for $2 and Battletoads/Double Dragon for Genesis for $3 yesterday. Might go back today, they had some pretty nice golf clubs on the cheap.

I also found a CIB Guitar Hero 1 game that also included a dualshock controller for $15... anyone know if this is worth investing in for a flip? It's hard to search for GH1 on ebay to find a selling rate.[/QUOTE]

The only listings I saw on completed ones for the original GH for the PS2 ended at $3.99, $7.99 and $27.99(marked ZOMG RAREZ) and NONE of them sold.

However, if you meant a Dual Shock 2 controller, as long as it's in good shape and works that should be worth about $10 to someone.:)

I still regret selling one of my spare DS2's I had, since I found a new PS2-to-PS3 controller adapter than may allow me to use one of them to play on the PS3.

[quote name='juangrande386']sorry to bump this but can this topic be locked to prevent further bumping PLEASE. use the 2009 thread[/QUOTE]
Where IS the 2009 thread? I'm bored and want to read it.

bread's done
Back