Tales from the Pawn Shop(s)!

My favorite pawn shop comes through. Mega man x2: 4.99. Thats for trade. Also got professor layton and the curious village, same price.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Necessary post? You found MGS 4, which you can easily get for $10-$15 anywhere at a pawn shop LAST CHRISTMAS and you post about it just to say you don't like the game? I think you're wrong and it's a great game personally, but regardless I don't understand the point of making the post just to hate on a game that you got 8 months ago that is dirt cheap anyway.[/QUOTE]

I thought I would like it when I finally started playing it, but to me its a slough to get trough especially the install times and really long cut scenes. Also I never saw MGS4 that cheap anywhere else and in that good condition. if I ordered online it would of easily being over 10 dollars with sales tax and shipping. So paying 10 dollars flat for what could be mistaken for a new copy was a good deal IMO.

It was a brag post about a purchase made/found in a pawn shop

Now, is your post necessary? just flaming me only since I don't like a game from a series im a fan of. MGS4 isn't a horrible game and I do think its worth playing at least once if someones a fan of MGS 1-3. I just think that parts like Drebin's shop and stuff is just unnecessary.

Finally went to my first Pawn Shop. I thought it was gonna be a bad experience for some reason. Glad I was wrong, the staff, especially this one guy was very welcoming and helpful. They had a couple of the systems. Most of them were boxed but were pretty much market value. They had a small rack of games but it was a pretty good selection, although I'm pretty sure the Xbox and Ps2 stuff was priced the same as the current gen. Didn't see any of the older stuff but I forgot to ask them if they had any cartridge games. Lol. :/

Got a copy of Almost minty Oblivion GOTY and Darksiders, $20 for PS3. Going to go back and pick up some others in a week or so. Especially Ponyo. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Must have been my lucky day today! I was out and about and walked by our local Pawn Shop so I decided to stop by. This shop is not impossible to find deals at, but more often than not if it's a new/rare game it's priced accordingly. I went to the game case and picked up Zelda Skyward Sword for 10 bucks!

I was pretty pumped with that, until I went over to the DVD's and saw about 50-60 PS2/Gamecube games that had just been put out, all marked $2 each. I didn't want to be selfish so I left some games there, but I just had to pick up the ones I did! Here's my haul:

Gamecube:
Zelda: Wind Waker
Zelda: Collectors Edition
Zelda: The four Swords
Super Smash Bros Melee

PS2:
.hack//g.u. Vol 1: Rebirth
.hack//g.u. Vol 2: Reminisce
Wild Arms 4
Wild Arms 5
Wild Arms Alter Code: F
GrimGrimoire
Valkyrie Profile 2
Magna Carta
Dawn of Mana
Radiata Stories

I'm still second guessing why I didn't just buy them all, but I'm definitely happy with the ones I got!

Total price for all was ~$40 after tax.

A good day!

[quote name='MHRX']Must have been my lucky day today! I was out and about and walked by our local Pawn Shop so I decided to stop by. This shop is not impossible to find deals at, but more often than not if it's a new/rare game it's priced accordingly. I went to the game case and picked up Zelda Skyward Sword for 10 bucks!

I was pretty pumped with that, until I went over to the DVD's and saw about 50-60 PS2/Gamecube games that had just been put out, all marked $2 each. I didn't want to be selfish so I left some games there, but I just had to pick up the ones I did! Here's my haul:

Gamecube:
Zelda: Wind Waker
Zelda: Collectors Edition
Zelda: The four Swords
Super Smash Bros Melee

PS2:
.hack//g.u. Vol 1: Rebirth
.hack//g.u. Vol 2: Reminisce
Wild Arms 4
Wild Arms 5
Wild Arms Alter Code: F
GrimGrimoire
Valkyrie Profile 2
Magna Carta
Dawn of Mana
Radiata Stories

I'm still second guessing why I didn't just buy them all, but I'm definitely happy with the ones I got!

Total price for all was ~$40 after tax.

A good day![/QUOTE]

Nice pickup, yeah I would have picked up every rpg i saw, which is what it looks like you did.

Well, stopped at the pawn shop earlier. When I walked in a guy walking out asked if I wanted to buy a gameboy. He didn't like the pawn shops offer.

So I got a Gameboy SP (red) with a case, and a game (some generic GBA arcade game) for $15. Trying to decide if I want to sell it or not.

Then I got a like new copy of FF VII: Advent children for $1

Then the owner told me they were going to be putting out new games next week. That usually means a nice haul for me. (my previous post of about 50 NES games for example)

Oh and two days ago I got a nice set of SNES games there. All pretty common $5 - $10 titles, but I didn't have any of them, for a $1 each I was pretty happy.

Just got back from a pawn shop up the street. Found Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition for $9.99 for PS3. What's dumb is they have a normal Modern Warfare 3 also on PS3 for $34.99. I also found The MLB 2K12/NBA 2K12 combo on 360 for $2.99 but it only had the MLB 2K12 but no NBA 2K12 disc. For $3 I said why not I already have NBA 2K12 anyway.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Just got back from a pawn shop up the street. Found Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition for $9.99 for PS3. What's dumb is they have a normal Modern Warfare 3 also on PS3 for $34.99. I also found The MLB 2K12/NBA 2K12 combo on 360 for $2.99 but it only had the MLB 2K12 but no NBA 2K12 disc. For $3 I said why not I already have NBA 2K12 anyway.[/QUOTE]

Damn, nice finds.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Just got back from a pawn shop up the street. Found Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition for $9.99 for PS3. What's dumb is they have a normal Modern Warfare 3 also on PS3 for $34.99. I also found The MLB 2K12/NBA 2K12 combo on 360 for $2.99 but it only had the MLB 2K12 but no NBA 2K12 disc. For $3 I said why not I already have NBA 2K12 anyway.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! The thing with the pricing happened to me as well. They had a Game Only Oblivion in a GS Case for 20ish. Saw a complete minty Oblivion GOTY for $10. You can tell which one I picked up. Lol.

[quote name='Olengie']Awesome! The thing with the pricing happened to me as well. They had a Game Only Oblivion in a GS Case for 20ish. Saw a complete minty Oblivion GOTY for $10. You can tell which one I picked up. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Lol my favorite shop does that too. I saw Rage (anarchy edition) for 360 marked as $25 on two copies, $20 on one and one minty one was marked at...$5. Grabbed that one quick.

Found this baby for $5. On a stack of games on the floor behind the counter as I was checking out.
The lady couldn't find it online.
One guy was asking her to hurry up. So she just gave it to me for $5.00, mainly because I bought 3 other games at that price.

CAM00315.jpg

[quote name='zekeike']Found this baby for $5. On a stack of games on the floor behind the counter as I was checking out.
One guy was asking her to hurry up. So she just gave it to me for $5.00, mainly because I bought 3 other games at that price.

CAM00315.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Very very nice, looks like the game goes for $120 on Ebay. :applause:

So now the question is are you keeping it or flipping it for a nice profit?

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Very very nice, looks like the game goes for $120 on Ebay. :applause:

So now the question is are you keeping it or flipping it for a nice profit?[/QUOTE]
probably a little less, unless it is complete (there was a bigger outer box and some other stuff, i believe).

[quote name='zekeike']Found this baby for $5. On a stack of games on the floor behind the counter as I was checking out.

[/QUOTE]

What do you mean she couldn't find it online? Was she going to charge something near online prices?

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Very very nice, looks like the game goes for $120 on Ebay. :applause:

So now the question is are you keeping it or flipping it for a nice profit?[/QUOTE]

Flip it to buy more games.

The stack behind her had no prices yet.

Okay find today. Prices weren't amazing but solid. Walk in and see some good PS1 games and get excited as their PS1 games are usually ALL 1.99. These weren't, they looked up value online. Still though, they went below online value which I appreciate.

Final Fantasy VII (Greatest Hits, complete): 12.99
Chrono Cross (Black Label, missing manual): 9.99

I needed both so meh, I grabbed them. They also had a complete PS1 Diablo which was $14.99, may go back and grab it, just don't really like spending that much on a single game to flip though and I can't imagine wanting to play that game with a controller... I know I would turn a profit but if I get 25.00 shipped (what a lot of the eBay auctions end up going for), after shipping and packing supplies and ebay fees, I only make like $4.00. Meh. I'll see if it lasts a couple weeks, maybe I can get them to 10.00.

There is a pawn shop that opened here a few months ago and the first time I went in there they didn't have much of a selection and the prices were horrible. I went back there this weekend to see give it a second chance and came out pleasantly surprised.

I was looking at their meager game selection and picked out a couple of $1.00 Genesis games. I walked by their case with game consoles and assorted knock-off Wii accessories and saw a Sega CDX sitting on the bottom shelf. I couldn't see the price because there was a bundle of disc only Sega CD games sitting on top. I asked the guy how much it was and he said "cheap". He mentioned that he was throwing the games in for free because nobody buys them. I countered with "if nobody wants the games, why would they want the console? How about $10?" He quickly said yes and got it out of the case for me. He mentioned that it didn't have a controller and that I could grab one off the rack, but they only had one 3 button controller and it was filthy so I passed.

I got it home and hooked it up. I fired up Saturday Night Slam Masters in the cartridge slot and it worked perfect. I put one of the discs in and turned it on, but it kept looping the Sega CD title screen. I tried a different game and it worked perfect the first time. The copy of NHL '94 cd was messed up enough that it didn't work, not the CDX!

The games that were included were: NHL '94 (doesn't work), Sonic CD, Prize Fighter, Ecco the Dolphin, Jurassic Park, NBA Jam, and Sega Classics 5 in 1. I'm glad to only had to spend $10 for all of that!

I'm loving this pawn shop by my house. I mentioned before in this thread I got MLB 2K12 for $3 and Call of Duty MW3 Hardened Edition for $9.99. They're weird though sometimes they overprice games but occasionally they practically give them away. I got Modnation Racers for $4 and Little Big Planet GOTY (w/ generic Gamestop case) for $1.99. These are both games I wouldnt buy at any normal prices but for $4 and $2 I said why not.

First time i've been to a pawn shop in a while and I think I made out ok. Got all of this for $20: Asura's wrath, purple game boy color, and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. I just wish I had some pawn shops close to me and not just "gun shops".

Went to two pawn shops yesterday. One has had stuff before but their selection was crap. All of their PS3/360/Wii games are supposed to be $10.00 but this was the first time I've seen them get anything 'newish' and they marked it up. Modern Warfare 3 for $45.00 and Skyrim for $50.00. I'll pass, lol.

The other one I went to was much better. Got some marked down Blu Rays for the fiancee between 3.00-5.00. Some nice ones. Then I picked up the Diablo I passed on last time for Playstation for $14.99 and I grabbed a copy of Alpha Protocol for $4.99 on 360. I like this shop, they do Ebay things but they know that they shouldn't put Ebay prices on them because they're a Pawn Shop. Works for me.

[quote name='Olengie']Interesting game. I never heard of it before.[/QUOTE]

It's not really a game, it's used to transfer game saves from older versions of pokemon to the newer ones. Tested this a couple days when I worked at Nintendo.

[quote name='Danismyhero']It's not really a game, it's used to transfer game saves from older versions of pokemon to the newer ones. Tested this a couple days when I worked at Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was just to expand and streamline your storage options for Ruby and Sapphire. Isn't it only compatible with those two games? I've sold a few copies of it on eBay, but never bothered to actually try it out.

I got a bunch of wii games and 3 gba games for $60 - Also included but not pictured cuz im playing it is Donkey Country for the wii.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

at the second pawn shop I went to - I picked up Zelda Seasons for GBC - $3.00 and Conker for xbox - $15.00

[quote name='white3er']I got a bunch of wii games and 3 gba games for $60 - Also included but not pictured cuz im playing it is Donkey Country for the wii.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

at the second pawn shop I went to - I picked up Zelda Seasons for GBC - $3.00 and Conker for xbox - $15.00[/QUOTE]

Wow nice haul. Damn that JAYDEN!!!!!

CAM00315.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Pokemon Box! I heard when it was released that it comes with a memory card, was the memory card included?

I remember with my Pokemon Blue running out of room and having to delete/set Pokemon free in order to catch/get more Pokemon. Never got into the GBA versions of Pokemon.

Wish there was DS/3DS Pokemon version for the Wii or Wii U. Unless there's another legitimate way to store DS or 3DS Pokemon? Besides on the cartridge themselves.

CAM00315.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This game is a legend among Pokemon fans. They are so rare and hard to come by at reasonable prices, but you.... you got it for below dirt cheap. WHY WASN'T IT M- I mean good luck to you. fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

The pawn shop I like has weird prices. I picked up Rage: AA for 360 for $5 and Resistance 2 (PS3 ofc) for $5. They were both complete and mint, and had other copies on the shelf listed as $20-$25..

Not a super score for $5, but I can`t complain as I wanted to play them both.

Made the rounds today, did pretty decent between pawns and thrifts:

$2.50 NES Ghoul School
$2.50 NES Rainbow Islands
$6 N64 Kirby Crystal Shards
$7 Gamecube Gameboy Player disc with wavebird receiver (I guess they thought this went together)

$7 GC Def Jam Fight for NY
$5 SNES Maximum Carnage

$5 NES Shatterhand
$7 PS2 Firefighter F.D.18
$10 DS Bella Sara

As I was checking out at one pawn shop, a lady brought in a bunch of Gamecube games and the store didn't buy a stack of them because they were scratched. Long story short, we met in an adjacent parking lot and I picked up the following for $15:

Picked up a normal NES controller and a High Frequency Turbo controller for $3.50 each to go with my $3 control deck I found a few days ago at a thrift.
Anyone use the High Frequency controller before?

Gonna go to another pawn in a few days to see if I can find any power bricks for it.

I scored four blu-rays for $20 total:

A Scanner Darkly
Contagion
Stand By Me
Fast and Furious

Not an amazing deal, but I snagged them to add to my 550+ collection.

[quote name='TTGSteve']You guys are seriously so lucky that it's crazy.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time it's not luck - it's persistence. Go to pawns as often as possible and you'll eventually find something good.

[quote name='DarkClown12']I picked up Uncharted 3 PS3 Mint for $5.99 plus tax. Also saw GTA IV Ps3 for $4.99 but passed![/QUOTE]

Very nice. But why pass on GTA IV? You already had it/played it before?

[quote name='Doomstink']Most of the time it's not luck - it's persistence. Go to pawns as often as possible and you'll eventually find something good.[/QUOTE]

I can see I'm going to have to start living at pawn shops, lol. Typically, I find their stuff to be horribly overpriced, though :/. Maybe it's because I live in a small town?

[quote name='TTGSteve']I can see I'm going to have to start living at pawn shops, lol. Typically, I find their stuff to be horribly overpriced, though :/. Maybe it's because I live in a small town?[/QUOTE]

You probably wont have any luck then I live in a city with like 20 pawn shops and most of them do suck and are overpriced like you say, only a few have great deals.

[quote name='TTGSteve']I can see I'm going to have to start living at pawn shops, lol. Typically, I find their stuff to be horribly overpriced, though :/. Maybe it's because I live in a small town?[/QUOTE]

You probably wont have any luck then I live in a city with like 20 pawn shops and most of them do suck and are overpriced like you say, only a few have great deals. It's not just persistence it depends on where you live and how many pawn shops are around you the more there are the better chance to find deals.

Got a NuMark turntable for $10 today. It was marked damaged, so I asked what was wrong with it.

"Oh, it's just been here too long. We marked it damaged so we could get rid of it."

Works perfect.
Same as this one.

tt-200.jpeg

bread's done
Back