Tales from the Pawn Shop(s)!

Went to an out of town pawn today and marked off a few games on my want list.

Picked up Ys The Ark of Napishtim and Ys I & II Chronicles PSP for $20 total.  Very happy to get both of these complete at this price.  Apparently there was a soundtrack that came with Chronicles but it must have it's own case because it was nowhere to be found.

Pokemon SoulSilver (Complete) - $4.99

Probably one of my best individual finds in some time.  I almost shat a brick when I saw it sitting among the usual DS shovelware I've been seeing lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scored a $75 PS3 at a pretty decent pawn in Tucson. Hoping like crazy this one will work better than the last, which started acting weird and choppy after about two weeks.

They also offered to sell me any PS3 games I wanted for five bucks each. I just didn't see anything I had to have. They had GTA5, but I've hated every GTA I've played and wasn't eager to give it another chance, even for a fiver. Do wish I would have grabbed a couple of the one dollar PSP games, though. :p

Pawn finds from my favorite local pawn shop today. Been about a month since I went.

Got great stuff, possibly the best bundle of stuff I've gotten there.

5JALs8j.jpg

Complete copies of Killzone Trilogy for PS3, and Mario Kart and Punch Out for the Wii (I NEVER find first party nintendo games.) (6$ for Killzone 2 for 10$ on the Wii games.)

Also TMNT, Cars and the Increedibles on PS2 and Splinter Cell: PT on Xbox for .50 a piece.

Went to a pawn I never really go to, and got a couple 360 games I've wanted for a long time.

Toy Story 3 (Disc Only) and Splatterhouse, sadly their both pretty rough. 10$ for both.

You Guys will never Believe what I found.  I was just out wasting time the other day, went to goodwill and they had a whole lot of nada as usual but on my way home I stopped in a Pawn Shop right next to a Dollar General (had to go in there anyways) and I found an Unopened In the Big Box EarthBound they were selling for 5 Bucks.  Owner Obviously had no clue what he had in his store.  I snagged it and ran like the bandit I am.

You Guys will never Believe what I found. I was just out wasting time the other day, went to goodwill and they had a whole lot of nada as usual but on my way home I stopped in a Pawn Shop right next to a Dollar General (had to go in there anyways) and I found an Unopened In the Big Box EarthBound they were selling for 5 Bucks. Owner Obviously had no clue what he had in his store. I snagged it and ran like the bandit I am.
Pics or it didn't happen.

The local ebay priced pawn shop has given up on pricing out Original Xbox games on ebay, and I feel like I was fully able to capitalize on their decision when I picked these up today for 4$ a piece. All complete and what I'd call Very good condition.

Passed on Starfox Assault complete for 11$, and Sonic Adventure DX for 8$ may go back and buy em though.

wif8E5j.jpg

I'm really starting to get more of an OG Xbox collection than I ever thought I would, I'm nearing 100 games, and I don't even own a console, I do have the box for one and 4 colored controllers though.

Out grabbing trade fodder for the Gamestop trade extravaganza last week I hit several Pawn Shops.  Got some decent trade bump stuff:  ex GTA V 360 for $9.99 etc.  But, at one shop they had an "as is" Sony Gold Wireless headset for $4.99.    It included the dongle so I figured I could sell that or keep it in case I lose my other one, and use it for parts, etc.  Guy told me it wouldn't hold a charge and they thought some one had removed the battery.  Got it home and it charges and works fine!!!

The local ebay priced pawn shop has given up on pricing out Original Xbox games on ebay, and I feel like I was fully able to capitalize on their decision when I picked these up today for 4$ a piece. All complete and what I'd call Very good condition.

Passed on Starfox Assault complete for 11$, and Sonic Adventure DX for 8$ may go back and buy em though.

I'm really starting to get more of an OG Xbox collection than I ever thought I would, I'm nearing 100 games, and I don't even own a console, I do have the box for one and 4 colored controllers though.
Nice grab on Conker. I've been looking for that game in the wild for the past few years. I'm tempted to drop the $40 or so for it on eBay but I know the next day I'll find it at a thrift/pawn for peanuts.

Nice grab on Conker. I've been looking for that game in the wild for the past few years. I'm tempted to drop the $40 or so for it on eBay but I know the next day I'll find it at a thrift/pawn for peanuts.
Lol, that always happens to me, as soon as I pick something up at GS or the local store, it shows up at a pawn or even goodwill within the next month.

But the OG Xbox version was censored and the MP mode added obviously doesn't work anymore so isn't the N64 version the better one to emulate?

But the OG Xbox version was censored and the MP mode added obviously doesn't work anymore so isn't the N64 version the better one to emulate?
Only swear words were censored, I think. The Xbox version has much better graphics and plays a little better. I'd take that over swears any day. I swear enough in real life, I don't feel like I need to hear the game do it.

wif8E5j.jpg

I have the doom 3 steelbook. I have the halo 2 steelbook also. its never been opened, I got it at the midnight release. still has the do not sell before sticker on top.

Tomorrow will be interesting. There is a WiiU system and game lot coming out of pawn and the guy is going to hold it for me until I get off work. I'm possibly picking it up for a friend if he wants it but just may go bundler style for all of it if he doesn't. I've made good enough friends with the owners and cashiers that they will cut me a good price.

I've been waiting for this to come out since he told me about it in June.

Had probably one of my best individual finds in awhile.  I rarely go to this particular shop since their prices usually suck but I caught them slipping for once.

Godzilla Unleashed (Wii) - $8

Picked up a 320gb Xbox 360 hard drive that was priced at $70 for $50 a few weeks ago. I was able to negotiate the price and thought $50 was reasonable. I had just received an Xbox 360 slim 4gb system (w/o controller) I ordered from Cowboom about a week before I got the hard drive.

One of the local shops is having a 2/$5 sale on most games.  Mostly shovelware except a few decent items.  Grabbed a handful including Bloody Roar Extreme for Xbox.  Unfortunately when I got to the counter the disc was missing.  Ended up replacing it with Assassin's Creed III PS3 just because I don't have it.

Picked up the following for $15:

Assassin's Creed III PS3

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault PS3

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection 360

Final Fantasy XI 360

Lethal Skies PS2

Wings of War Xbox

I kinda wish I had just dropped everything after I found out Bloody Roar was missing.

Hit up all of the local pawn shops over the last few days and got some solid ass deals.

First up was my favorite pawn shop, surprising found the least amount of good stuff there.

Got Ridge Racer Unbounded and Gran Turismo 6 for 10$. Both in great shape.

Then I went to one I don't go to very often at all.

Found The DMC4 Steelbook in awesome shape for 360, Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros Wii and Metro Last Light. Should've been like 25$, but for whatever reason she let me have them all for 12$. A definite steal in my books.

And lastly I hit up my local ebay priced pawn shop and was pleasently surprised. They adjusted their pricing to be a good bit lower than ebay on most of their stuff, and also got rid of the minimum price they had which was 4$. Lots of stuff was marked at 1$ or 2$.

I picked up Lunar Dragon Song for DS  loose, complete copies of SMT: Devil Survivor and Elite Beat Agents and Fighter Uncaged and Mass Effect 2 on 360$. Total was 10$. Not bad.

You Guys will never Believe what I found. I was just out wasting time the other day, went to goodwill and they had a whole lot of nada as usual but on my way home I stopped in a Pawn Shop right next to a Dollar General (had to go in there anyways) and I found an Unopened In the Big Box EarthBound they were selling for 5 Bucks. Owner Obviously had no clue what he had in his store. I snagged it and ran like the bandit I am.
Where was this at had to be backwoods

The local pawns have been devoid of any decent games for the past month or two.  However I did find a copy of Star Wars ROTJ with the original theatrical release and Flight of the Navigator for $1 each.

Picked up a 320gb Xbox 360 hard drive that was priced at $70 for $50 a few weeks ago. I was able to negotiate the price and thought $50 was reasonable. I had just received an Xbox 360 slim 4gb system (w/o controller) I ordered from Cowboom about a week before I got the hard drive.
I have a 250gb OEM harddrive. Got a 4gb console for $20. Person sold it because it had a error on the screen because xbox live didnt complete update. Sadly, the only thing missing is a power cord.

Good news/bad news over here. On one hand, I got a PSP Go for the amazing price of $15! I couldn't resist, even though I already had one. On the other, the cheap PS3 is illustrating WHY it was a cheap PS3. The drive eats discs and won't return them, which is... frustrating. The hard drive works and it DOES play games. I'm just not sure my cousin will be satisfied with that, since his internet connection is not so great where he lives.

Hit up all of the local pawn shops over the last few days and got some solid ass deals.

First up was my favorite pawn shop, surprising found the least amount of good stuff there.

Got Ridge Racer Unbounded and Gran Turismo 6 for 10$. Both in great shape.

Then I went to one I don't go to very often at all.

Found The DMC4 Steelbook in awesome shape for 360, Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros Wii and Metro Last Light. Should've been like 25$, but for whatever reason she let me have them all for 12$. A definite steal in my books.

And lastly I hit up my local ebay priced pawn shop and was pleasently surprised. They adjusted their pricing to be a good bit lower than ebay on most of their stuff, and also got rid of the minimum price they had which was 4$. Lots of stuff was marked at 1$ or 2$.

I picked up Lunar Dragon Song for DS loose, complete copies of SMT: Devil Survivor and Elite Beat Agents and Fighter Uncaged and Mass Effect 2 on 360$. Total was 10$. Not bad.
How is Lunar Dragon Song? Was thinking of picking it up.

I got Little Red Riding Hood Zombie BBQ (A unrated fun game), Looney Tunes Duck Amuck (Cause the show was funny), Little League Baseball Double Play ??? ( Wasnt sure about this, but $.99) , Mr Driller (Some kind of puzzle game), Miami Law, and Astro Boy Ds (not sure if the Ds is better then the Wii or not)

I got Little Red Riding Hood Zombie BBQ (A unrated fun game), Looney Tunes Duck Amuck (Cause the show was funny), Little League Baseball Double Play ??? ( Wasnt sure about this, but $.99) , Mr Driller (Some kind of puzzle game), Miami Law, and Astro Boy Ds (not sure if the Ds is better then the Wii or not)
Couldn't tell ya, traded it in short order to the local shop for 18$ a couple days after I picked it up.

Unless you get it for free, forget it. It's the worst game in the series due to a number of mind-boggling design decisions, including HP loss while running.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/lunar-dragon-song

I can recommend the Lunar remake on the PSP, though! It's very good.

I was gonna post this in the Thrift thread but since the Pawn Shop thread got bumped Ill post it here. Went to a Pawn Shop after striking out at yard sales because I thought it was their Flea Market weekend (that was last week).

Saw a row of 12 Xbox 360 sports games, some Xbox/PS2/PS3 misc games, a PSP with charger and a stack of 12 UMDs and about 5 games, a black DS Lite with Dave Mirra BMX for GBA, an OG Xbox with cables, DVD remote/sensor, and 2 S controllers....and for some reason a Wii sensor bar in the glass cases. I saw a PS1 and all sorts of misc cables and controllers on the floor and in some drawers behind the cases. I only asked about prices on the Xbox and DS Lite and what I got below, $50 and $40. I ended up with this for $30 since the guy kept suggesting thats what he paid for it but it had been sitting there for a couple months and GS wouldnt give him anything for it.

Blue GBASP, charger, Sonic Advance 2, Froggers Adventure, Madden 2002, The Simpsons Tree House Of Horror Night Of The Living, 102 Dalmatians, The Smurfs, DK Land 3, Bart Simpsons Escape From Camp Deadly, and Frogger. Everything works great so far, GBA has some slight scuffs on the sides of the face I guess from the screen rubbing on it.

bread's done
Back