Tales from the Pawn Shop(s)!

Picked up

Friday
PS3
AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack $7
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $15

Today
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $5

Thought the AC/DC was better than I could do with a Gamestop B2G1 sale, but then I found the Walmart bundle for $10 at a Walmart. So I picked it up.

Yeah, not much in my pawn shop run. Of course, I did turn across one weird thing.

J-Pop! What the hell is J-Pop doing in a pawn shop in Las Vegas!?!

Finally went pawn hopping after 8 months hiatus. All I can say is damn, prices have reeally sky rocketed. I used to find a ton of NES games for $3-5 each, for example. Today I walk in to one & there is a box full for $12 each. The guy tells me "We used to have a guy who came every week looking for old games, but he stopped comming & now no1 buys them." The guy he was talkin about was me. I lost a lot of weight & I remember him. I dont understand the logic though. The games used to be $3 each, so now that no1 buys them, raise the price to $12? WTF. I did find a Sniper Elite for Xbox for $6 but didnt get it cuz the line was long & the guy in front of me was buying 25 DVDs, which they had to pull from a drawer.

29bmskg.jpg

$30 got me both of these games. They both work great and are really good games!

My local pawn shop has started selling me NES/Genesis games for $1 each, sometimes .50 each. I've been scooping them up for Goozex (after cleaning and testing, naturally). It's netted me 1500 points this week. Not bad, considering he charged me $10 for 15 games. Too bad there's nothing sensational in there that they don't know about. Zelda (gold) is $10, anything "mario related," as he puts it, is usually around the same price.

Scooped up a few NES games for a dollar each today: Total Recall, Dragon Warrior, Gunsmoke, Captain Skyhawk, Shadowgate, and Romance of The Three Kingdoms. On the fence about whether I'm going to Goozex them or put them in the personal collection.

Also scored 4 Genesis games: Comix Zone cart only + Brutal, Altered Beast, and Justice League Task Force, all complete. Passed on a copy of Time Gal in a DVD case with the manual shoved in the front. I'll wait for a full package.. Or buy it on ebay.

the first pawn shop i went to today had no joke like 200 ps2 games marked at like ten buck a piece. i started to feel bad thinking about how much they may have paid for them. there were some genesis games i may go back for when i pick up a system. my heart lept when i saw a box of snes games, but somebody beat me to them. they were all repeat sports games i had never heard of. too bad.

[quote name='Capsuledragon']

$20 got me that awesome game.

Edit: I just realized this game was rated by ESRB. I had no idea they had ratings for SNES games.[/QUOTE]

The ESRB actually started in 1994 or 1995 as a result of government legislation over violent games like Doom and the original Mortal Kombat. I don't think ESRB really started full scale ratings until 1998, but there was still quite a few SNES titles coming out at the time.

[quote name='TLFerrill']the first pawn shop i went to today had no joke like 200 ps2 games marked at like ten buck a piece. i started to feel bad thinking about how much they may have paid for them. there were some genesis games i may go back for when i pick up a system. my heart lept when i saw a box of snes games, but somebody beat me to them. they were all repeat sports games i had never heard of. too bad.[/QUOTE]

IF they are like the local shops here they paid $.50-$1.00 for them I am amazed at how many people i see selling games for $1 or less...even Wii games for $2, crazy!! I bought a copy of Mario Kart Wii for $10 that someone had sold to the shop for $2, 24 hours later it sold on Ebay for $35.50....not too bad!!

I'm an addict. I have been going to pawn shops once a week since I was about 10 (now 25). I've ran across some great deals. For instance, recently bought L4D2 at a pawn shop for $7, sold it for $45, then went to another pawn shop and picked up FFXIII for $40. I've bought dvds for $2.50, Blurays for $5, but probably my best purchase was the original 60gb PS3 one month after it came out. Completely hard to find and people were selling them for $1000 or more. Pawnshop price (because the guy had no real clue what it was worth) $300. Right place, right time.

[quote name='Capsuledragon']
zxle8l.jpg

$20 got me that awesome game.

Edit: I just realized this game was rated by ESRB. I had no idea they had ratings for SNES games.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I picked up three of those for under $10 total at a local store, as i was buying them the worker was telling me about how he snags all the rares so I should'nt waste my time shopping there...I showed him!!!

[quote name='nneace']My pawn shop only carries current generation games, I can never find anything older.[/QUOTE]

Mine use to have everything,but now they won't take anything older than PS2/Xbox and there picky on those. It has to be something decent.

Had quite a day at the pawn shop. Picked up the following:

The Misadventures of Tron Bonne Strategy Guide ($4.99)
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete Hardcover Strategy Guide ($4.99)
Resident Evil 5 Collector Strategy Guide ($7.99)
The Guy Game ($4.99)
Dragon Seeds ($7.99)
Master of Monsters: Disciples of Gaia ($2.99)

Also grabbed a Micro Innovations wireless keyboard/mouse set for my PS3 for $20 and a Harmony 880 remote w/charging base for $40. Pretty darned happy with my day so far!

Picked these up for $16 total:

PS2 Psychonauts (complete)
N64 Mario Kart 64 (cart only)
N64 Mario Tennis (cart only)

Been looking for a copy of Psychonauts at a nice price forever, finally found it.

LittleBIGPlanet-$8.99

Its the non-goty version. I didn't really wanna get it, but then I remembered they came out with Sonic DLC for it, so it would be blasphemy for me to not get it. Oh it was missing the manual to.

picked up these three for $22
super smash bros wii
legend of zelda twilight princess wii
legend of zelda collector edition 1.99
last week got battlefeild bc 2 14.99

Today's pawn shop score:

Genesis: Taz Mania box/case, Zombies Ate My Neighbors (complete), World Of Illusion (box/case), Ballz (complete), Boogerman cart only, Bubble And Squeak (cart only), and Time Gal SegaCD (disc/manual, but I couldn't pass up a segaCD game). Also found a copy of Tecmo Bowl, which went straight to Goozex. Not bad for a $9 haul.

[quote name='jman619']Mine use to have everything,but now they won't take anything older than PS2/Xbox and there picky on those. It has to be something decent.[/QUOTE]

Local place will take in any crappy PS2/Xbox game, but will pass on anythign older than that, I used to have a deal with the old owenr that I would give him $.50 per old non sprots game he got in, worked great, I got some duds, but got my Earthbound, and others that way, if he got in a gem like earthbound I would give him a bonus to keep it commin.

This topic needs more british bragging, so i'll start off with...

Shenmue 2 (Xbox) for a nice £2 ($3-4 or so)
Very pleased, since the disk is in mint condition too.

And Yes, I did get the DVD with it too.

One and done here.

From the looks of it my local pawn shop only sells/trades guitars and golf clubs.

[quote name='kube00']Last weekend
Got Uncharted 2 for $12 and Wet for $12

Not too bad[/QUOTE]

Damn where do you guys live? I am here in Eastern CT and even when I travel the RI the games are never that cheap wtf.

Not a bad day at one of the local pawn shops. Found a Super Nintendo "mini" system (SNS-101) for $25. Didn't have one, so I bit. Then I found an N64 Mad Catz Rumble Rod for $2.00.

getImg.php

http://www.gamevortex.com/gamevortex/hard_rev.php/167/rumble-rod-n64.html

Apologies for the "stock" photo. Too lazy to take my own, upload, etc. Bought it just because I'd never seen it before and figured that two bucks was the right price. Turns out it's actually pretty rare. Go figure.

I did alright yesterday.

Silent Hill (PS1), $2 complete black label
Dragon Ball Z season 5, $5 (missing outer sleeve)
PS2 slim, $30 (power, A/V, 1 controller)
8 UMD hard case, $5

Haven't had a day like today in awhile!

picture.php

Borderlands - $20
Disgaea - $6
Skies of Arcadia Legends - $4
Jungle Book - $3
Coraline - $3
Ariel's Beginning - $3
Silhoutte Mirage - $5
Suikoden 2 - $4
Metal Gear Solid - $4
Megaman Legends 2 - $2
Yoshi's Island Advanced - $1
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories - $1

With the exception of Megaman and the gameboy games everything was complete. A most excellent day!

[quote name='Tempius']Haven't had a day like today in awhile!

picture.php

Borderlands - $20
Disgaea - $6
Jungle Book - $3
Coraline - $3
Ariel's Beginning - $3
Silhoutte Mirage - $5
Suikoden 2 - $4
Metal Gear Solid - $4
Megaman Legends 2 - $2

With the exception of Megaman and the gameboy games everything was complete. A most excellent day![/QUOTE]

That is one hell of a pick up. Words cannot describe my jealousy at the moment.

I got all of it from a pawn shop I frequent. They never have anything. I walked in today and they were swamped and they didn't take the time to investigate prices like usually do.

I don't know what the hell is up with my Pawn America. They seem to have the most random prices of all time. The older titles are usually pricey but their current and last gen games can have some great deals.

Current;y my 360 is dead and it really sucks. To make matters worse, I don't have a job right now and I really want to get my xbox running for games like read dead and UFC: 2010. I decided to sell some of my games and I am thinking about looking for gems and flipping them to get enough money to fix my console. I just never mailed anything off like a game before and I am a little worried about how I should do all of that properly.

Anyway. I have gone back to my original xbox for gaming entertainment. Last winter my friend really got me into Buffy the Vampire Slayer so now I want to buy that game. I went into my local pawn America and saw it for 6 bucks.

My Pawn America is so random becasue they will have multiple copies of the same game for drastically different prices. They have two Buffy's and one is 6 the other is 18. They also carry games that have only been out for 6 months or less. Sometimes they sell for 40 while the same game can sell 12. Everything just seems random. I hope to buy a few newer games for $30 or so bucks and flip them for $60+

Also, I plan on buying Buffy tomorrow.

I tried to pawn my Wii a while back and the guy wouldn't take it. He said "Got any guns er' gold?" I was thinking what is this guy? a pirate? All of the pawn shops around here are way overpriced. I haven't found a decent deal in forever so I stopped looking.

[quote name='Tempius']Haven't had a day like today in awhile!

picture.php

Borderlands - $20
Disgaea - $6
Jungle Book - $3
Coraline - $3
Ariel's Beginning - $3
Silhoutte Mirage - $5
Suikoden 2 - $4
Metal Gear Solid - $4
Megaman Legends 2 - $2

With the exception of Megaman and the gameboy games everything was complete. A most excellent day![/QUOTE]

Wow, great score there. Suikoden 2 for $4!!! Shoulda bought a lotto ticket too :D

Went to a local pawn shop today and saw some broken 360's. I inquired on how much and what is wrong. The lady is like they all have 3rlod. So I am like OK lets get the newest one. So I bought a hdmi 360 mfd of 5-10-2008 with hook-ups, 1 controller, and a 60GB hard drive for $75. So I get home and test it out and bam works perfect no 3rlod. Also had arcade disk inside. Awesome buy if I say so myself.

Super Mario RPG
Soul Blazer
Secret of Evermore
and
Breath of Fire 2

4 bucks apiece. Like 2 years ago. I thought that was pretty good.
I go in there all the time and the only other good game I had found there was the original Dragon Warrior complete for 5 bucks.

Went to one place and was amazed they had PS1 games in mint condition. Picked up Medievil and Tetris Plus for 3 bucks each (a bit much). Left a few sports games and that Star Wars fighting game that pissed me off as a child (the one that came with the PS1 demo disc).

I was feeling good today with a small pick up from the Thrift Store and went to a Pawn Shop (which usually only carries PS2 and current gen stuff). Went to where the games usually were, but saw that it was replaced with camera lenses and other stuff. Found out they switched spots and upon going to where the camera lenses used to be, I spotted SNES cartridges and rushed over to where they were.

Found the following games (left a bunch of sports titles, Ms. Pacman, MK2 and MK3, and Primal Rage):

Street Fighter II
Street Fighter II Turbo
Donkey Kong Country 1
Zoop (don't know why I picked this one up)

and Mario RPG :D

No price was on them and when the guy came over he says, "SNES games, eh? Don't see too many of those anymore. Did someone give you a price? How about a buck a piece?"

My smile grew wider and I instantly accepted.

picked up today at two different pawn shops
ff12 for ds 6 bucks
bioshock 1 ce(everything was inside) 8.00
oblivion for 360 collectors edition, 6.00 complete
mc vs dc universe 4.99 X360
was not sure about this one
star wars ultimate sith edition fro ps3 for 9.99, i thought i read was worth more i might be wrong

[quote name='camelking6969']picked up today at two different pawn shops
ff12 for ds 6 bucks
bioshock 1 ce(everything was inside) 8.00
oblivion for 360 collectors edition, 6.00 complete
mc vs dc universe 4.99 X360
was not sure about this one
star wars ultimate sith edition fro ps3 for 9.99, i thought i read was worth more i might be wrong[/QUOTE]

http://www.videogamepricecharts.com...ars-the-force-unleashed-ultimate-sith-edition

You read right. It is worth quite a bit.

I like to check out all of the pawnshops in town at least once a week. Never know what I might find. I think I pretty much bought my entire PS1 RPG collection from pawn shops.

Once I picked up a golf club set and bag for $25. Turned out the bag was a Callaway worth around $150 and the set of clubs weren't half bad either.

Another time I decided I'd buy a cool looking black sword. The guy wanted $35 but I low-balled him and got it for $15. He accepted but after I paid he told me to get the fuck out of his store.

bread's done
Back