Tales From the Thrift!

i found these two for $5 each at the local half-priced books.
3aee7yc6.jpg

3aee7tc7.jpg

Lucky devil. The FF7 at my half-priced bookstore was 30 something for a greatest hit. If it was new I would have bought it though.

[quote name='pcktlnt']Lucky devil. The FF7 at my half-priced bookstore was 30 something for a greatest hit. If it was new I would have bought it though.[/quote]

yeah, they have some wonky prices. they had GRAW 1 (360) for $17, NBA live 06 (360) for $20, and halo 3 for $25. then i was able to pick up the expansion for diablo 1 just for a buck.

lol, that's pretty lame, that's not even close to half off even going by ebay prices. Have you asked them why they priced it that high?

Went to my local thrift store today, I picked up...

Pikmin - $3
Shenmue - $6
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt (x2) - $2
Super Mario Bros. 2 - $1

All for $12! :D

[quote name='JokerCard']This isnt really story but I do have a question. A store really close to my house is selling ICO for $10, Ive heard good things about this game but I was wondering if I should buy it.
Its used but the box looks perfect. I didnt get to see the disc itself but I could always walk down the block and check it out.[/quote]

So I went back to the store today and checked out the game. It was perfect. The case had some wear (very minor) but it had the instruction booklet in great condition and the disc was perfect. No blemishes or scratches on it. I picked it up for the $10. Overall, Id say a near mint copy.

[quote name='pcktlnt']lol, that's pretty lame, that's not even close to half off even going by ebay prices. Have you asked them why they priced it that high?[/quote]

no I didnt bother asking most of there games are higher than eBay on prices. I dont know why I even bother looking at there store any more.

I got some OK finds tonight from a "salvage" store that basically sells returns/clearance stuff from Target that they buy in auction lots.

All items are in "open box" condition with all packaging

:ds: Action Replay DS $3.99
:gba: Pokemon Leaf Green $7.99
:gba: Pokemon Emerald $6.99
:gba: Tales of Phantasia $6.99 (sealed x2)
:ds: Nintendogs $9.99

I never had luck with Goodwill or SA. The local stores never have any video game or DVD stuff in and if they do it's overpriced. I did have luck with some church-affiliated thrift stores though (and some church yard sales)

- for $10 at a church thrift store that closed: Saturn with 7 games including Nights, VF Kids, House of the Living Dead (sold it for $40 not too long after) and Sonic 3D Blast
- for $1.50 total at a sometimes open church thrift store: Genesis versions of Mortal Kombat, Earthworm Jim and Shinobi III
- for $5 total at a church yard sale: Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Pinball

God bless the Catholic Church. ;)

Today i spent 21.20 for
Juggernaut(PS1)
Rival Schools(PS1)
Parasite Eve(PS1)
Shenmue LE(DC)
Banjo-Kazooie(N64)

some of them may be up on Game Gavel soon.

Wow. This thread hasn't been touched in a while. Got to post here because what I found was at a genuine thrift, not GW or SA. I am all about truth in posting.

Mario Hoops 3 on 3 Complete (DS)
$8.50

Pokemon Crystal (GB)
$3.99

[quote name='civx']
5x4rap.jpg

Not a bad deal. Both games are still sealed.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Target clearance leftovers. Nice prices, though.

Decent couple scores from a local thrift:

Pokemon Gold Version (GBC) Complete Minty 14.99
Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition (GBC) 4.99
Game & Watch GAllery 3 (GBC) 4.99
Gameshark Pro (GBC) 4.99
Super Mario 64 (N64) 2.99

[quote name='Dragon_Master']no I didnt bother asking most of there games are higher than eBay on prices. I dont know why I even bother looking at there store any more.[/quote]

In the fine print, they say that some rare items may not be priced at half-off. In practice, their video game prices are whatever they feel like, though I have heard rumors that they base their prices off of Amazon Marketplace.

Picked up
2 First Party SNES Remotes
Toy Story SNES
X-Men Mutant Apocalypse SNES
Donkey Kong 2
Donkey Kong 3
$12

Not sure if this is the right thread, but since there is no "Shop Set Up on the Side of the Road" thread, it will be just as good here as anywhere else.

Zelda Windwaker
$5

bread's done
Back