Tales of the Abyss is $29.99 at Amazon (free shipping if you buy direct from Amazon!)

It's real-time. Fast paced battles. The beginning is kind of slow but overall the game is fantastic.

[quote name='whoknows']Is this game turn based or what? People seem to love it but I've never looked twice at it. Until now :p[/quote]

It's in real time & uses the new free roam style of fighting - in which characters can run around the entire battlefield instead of a 2-d linear line.

Thanks boyward!
This is a terrific price considering it's going 40+ on ebay.

[quote name='boyward']This morning Amazon was selling it for $34.99, but the price is (at least temporarily) sitting at a beautiful $29.99. Ebayers are paying more than that for a used copy. :bouncy:

http://www.amazon.com/Namco-Tales-of-the-Abyss/dp/B000G7X5MM/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-5794475-6773226?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1186174141&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

im tempted to run out and buy a few at a local store for 20 and see if i can flip them and sell at 40 each and make a nice profit.

made around 100 bucks flipped disgaea 2s

[quote name='Kauza']It's real-time. Fast paced battles. The beginning is kind of slow but overall the game is fantastic.[/QUOTE]
I second. Picked this up at the TRU B2G1 last year (w/ Okami and Xeno 3-great haul) and really enjoyed this. You'll get a lot of bang for your buck too, I think this took me over 60 hrs to finish and I'm far from a completist. Great price.

This game is from the "Tales of ..." series, I remember playing Tales of Symphonia and I had a good time. Paid $20 - $5 BB's GGC and I don't seeing myself paying $30 for a game that has slightly poorer rating than Symphonia. This game came out 10/10/06 according to gamerankings.com. Any last gen console I don't think I will pay more than $20, just my 2¢.

It's a pretty good game, very good if you like other Tales of ... games. On the other hand, pretty similar to the other Tales games too.

Downside? Overworld load times are atrociously long. Like, average of 8-9 seconds from the end of a random encounter to landing back on the world map. And the overworld is blurry and ugly too.

[quote name='robdees']I second. Picked this up at the TRU B2G1 last year (w/ Okami and Xeno 3-great haul) and really enjoyed this.[/QUOTE]
Unrelated, but when does the TRU B2G1 sale traditionally take place?

Hmmm--I ordered it at 6:15 pm for $29.99 from Amazon. Got confirmation and everything. Must have had a small restocking.

on a side note: Tales of Legendia is $29.99
if anyone cares, not sure how good it is either, never played it.

Link ---> click

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Unrelated, but when does the TRU B2G1 sale traditionally take place?[/QUOTE]

Usually around mid October, I believe. My BestBuy also price matches it every year.

[quote name='FAN8228']on a side note: Tales of Legendia is $29.99
if anyone cares, not sure how good it is either, never played it.
[/QUOTE]

I picked this up at Kmart yesterday for $11. Heard it's not that great, but it's a Tales game on the cheap so I bit.

if anyone wants to trade for one let me know. i grabbed 3 at walmart for 25

i dont think people are paying much for these on ebay anymore. had a few listed last week for 38 shipped and none sold : ( LOL back to the store they go

Well worth it at any price. Love the Tales series. :whistle2:D (I know it's back up to the original price, but Amazon does a heck of a job of correcting things if someone still wants to take a chance and order--- then contact the customer service to get it adjusted. I bought the game when it was released and it's a great RPG)

Edit: It's in stock from J&R Music right now at $30. There must be a price drop coming. (Amazon is sold out)

[quote name='Masterkyo']I scored this for $15 while back and it worth every pennies. It'll be $20 very soon now.[/QUOTE]
probably not as i dont see it at any B&M store, and many online sites are sold out. Stores like TRU and CC never even carried it in the first place

[quote name='62t']probably not as i dont see it at any B&M store, and many online site are sold out. Stores like TRU and CC never even carried it in the first place[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I haven't seen it in a B&M since original release... it's readily available online but I haven't seen a single copy in store in ages.

Woah, nice call, just cancelled my amazon cause it'll take them 3 weeks to get to me -_-;

and 10 bucks off with google check out :D

im suprised that there are many who haven't already taken advantage of the GCO offer on buy.com. keep in mind its a one time use thing so if you already did it in the past, don't expect it to work again.

How do you get around the GCO again? It's been so long since I used it. I remember that they'd cancel your accounts if you got too caried away, but I don't remember how they'd find you out...

It seem like official price from $40 to $30. A variety of large retail stores like buy, family video, walmart and maybe gamestop (used price drop to $26.99, new ones not in stock, it's probably $30 judging from the used price). I hope people will support this game before it gets harder to find and would end up in gamequestdirect reprint thread.

bread's done
Back