Tales of Vesperia $27.99 Amazon (NO Affiliate) *In stock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good that it drops, makes me more interested in picking this one up. Though I'll love to have the Collector's Edition instead

[quote name='HCHecxz']That's good that it drops, makes me more interested in picking this one up. Though I'll love to have the Collector's Edition instead[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. A few CAG's have extra copies of the CE, might want to check the Tales thread in the 360 forum and PM some of them to see what they would sell for.

Also if you have the CE and haven't heard, if you enter the code on the paper slip included in the game that has the soundtrack listing on it, you get Vol. 2 of the soundtrack (not sold in stores) for free.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Good luck with that. A few CAG's have extra copies of the CE, might want to check the Tales thread in the 360 forum and PM some of them to see what they would sell for.

Also if you have the CE and haven't heard, if you enter the code on the paper slip included in the game that has the soundtrack listing on it, you get Vol. 2 of the soundtrack (not sold in stores) for free.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware of the rarity of it, but i'm pretty sure I can find it at my local mom and pop store and most likely get a nice deal on it, if not I check out CAG like you said, thanks for the heads up though!

[quote name='HCHecxz']I'm aware of the rarity of it, but i'm pretty sure I can find it at my local mom and pop store and most likely get a nice deal on it, if not I check out CAG like you said, thanks for the heads up though![/QUOTE]

Only retail store I remember getting it was Game Crazy, not even Gamestop had it. Other than that it was online exclusive from what I know.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I'll check in-store later today and see if a new copy is down to $30. Since gamestop.com is OoS on the game, they probably decided not to show a price drop on new copies. If used is $27, I can almost guarantee a new copy is $30.[/QUOTE]

it is.. i saw it on friday at my local Gamestop for 29.99 . My amazon order of this game actually shipped.. i should have it in 2 days...

[quote name='CloverField06']Any word if the CE also had a price cut?[/QUOTE]

Since no retail store or internet non-auction site LIKELY has a copy of the CE left in stock new, no need to do a price drop on it.

Ugh...I dont know. I have the money to buy it, but should I wait for an even lower price drop or just snap and buy it? I already have tons of new games to play through over the summer...advice? Taunts? lol.

[quote name='vader1671']From the Wiki. I suggest getting the PS3 Version if you can wait.

Full voice acting
Flynn as a playable character
Ties-In with Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike
New playable character, a pirate girl called Patty Fleur
New Cutscenes
New Subplots
New Costumes
New Bosses (Including the Sword Dancer)
New Dungeons
New Hi Ougi/Mystic Artes
New Skits
New Animated Scenes
New Sidequests
New Songs
New Artes
Repede as a selectable on screen avatar[/QUOTE]
Don't forget to learn Japanese while you're at it =P

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']will have to pick up soon, I got it when it came out and played it for a good 25 hours into part 2 then shelved it once all the AAA fall games came out. sold it a while ago

It will be in my backlog of RPGs including Xenogears, Lost Odyssey, Persona 4, and if I ever get the chance Chrono Trigger and FFIV[/QUOTE]
you should play chrono trigger first its the best out of all of them imo

Argh! New I have to go to GameStop tomorrow and get this. This will be the first time I have bought something from them since...Okami was originally released on the PS2, and that was just because I couldn't it anywhere else.

[quote name='As I Bleed']you should play chrono trigger first its the best out of all of them imo[/QUOTE]

I agree. As a matter of fact, it really wouldn't matter what RPG's are in a list with Chrono Trigger, it will still be the best. At least, to me. XD

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Ugh...I dont know. I have the money to buy it, but should I wait for an even lower price drop or just snap and buy it? I already have tons of new games to play through over the summer...advice? Taunts? lol.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it'll drop any further. I would buy it again (if ToV releases english on PS3 - and assuming I have a PS3 at the time) . It's a great game to add to your collection even if you won't get to it soon. One can easily spend 100 hours with this game.

I've been wanting to play this game for a while, Im still sitting on my sealed LE copy, but I doubt I'll open that any time soon. Probably pick up a regular edition soon and start playing already >_

[quote name='DietPoopSoda']
I agree. As a matter of fact, it really wouldn't matter what RPG's are in a list with Chrono Trigger, it will still be the best. At least, to me. XD[/QUOTE]

Not a huge leap there, is it? Personally I'd put FFVI above it, but that's it.

As for ToV, I'm still patiently awaiting the copy I ordered from the affiliate last week. Should have probably come Fri or Sat, but now with the holiday it probably won't come until Tuesday.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']So have we concluded that $29.99 is the new MSRP and there's no rush to buy?[/QUOTE]

Yes we have concluded that $29.99 is the new msrp (both amazon and gamestop - and since no one else has mentioned it - fry's electronics). There's no rush to buy as long as it's in stock I guess.

I wasn't tempted enough to get it at $30.. but $28 for a new copy? I don't know if I can resist that! I wonder if it'll drop any further. BTW, anyone have any predictions when the PS3 version will be released?

[quote name='sunghost']I wasn't tempted enough to get it at $30.. but $28 for a new copy? I don't know if I can resist that! I wonder if it'll drop any further. BTW, anyone have any predictions when the PS3 version will be released?[/QUOTE]

my guess is summer/spring '10. It releases this fall in Japan. Will take a few months to translate

[quote name='ohboy10451']my guess is summer/spring '10. It releases this fall in Japan. Will take a few months to translate[/QUOTE]

I'm no expert in this and am really just curious, but wouldn't one expect the translation process to be quicker on a port? I mean, I assume they're not going to re-translate and re-record the whole thing, just the new PS3 content. Wouldn't we expect that to take significantly less time than translating and voicing an entire JRPG?

[quote name='bvharris']I'm no expert in this and am really just curious, but wouldn't one expect the translation process to be quicker on a port? I mean, I assume they're not going to re-translate and re-record the whole thing, just the new PS3 content. Wouldn't we expect that to take significantly less time than translating and voicing an entire JRPG?[/QUOTE]

True, but I still think that early next year is likely as to avoid the heavyweights of the winter season. Though, who the hll know what goes through publisher's minds some times

[quote name='bvharris']I'm no expert in this and am really just curious, but wouldn't one expect the translation process to be quicker on a port? I mean, I assume they're not going to re-translate and re-record the whole thing, just the new PS3 content. Wouldn't we expect that to take significantly less time than translating and voicing an entire JRPG?[/QUOTE]

Hmm Eternal Sonata PS3 was released in September in japan, then in october it was released in the US. So hopefully they'll release it a month later.

[quote name='KaitouDark']Hmm Eternal Sonata PS3 was released in September in japan, then in october it was released in the US. So hopefully they'll release it a month later.[/QUOTE]

That was my thinking. That game had a pretty sizable amount of extra content too, probably similar in scope to the ToV updates. I wouldn't be surprised if it was out here before Christmas.

Hmm I ordered this at 29.99, Amazon hasn't shipped it yet but dropped the price to 27.99.

I know Amazon doesn't do price matching anymore, but it there a way to adjust the order to get the new price? It was part of a multi order and the other item shipped out so they won't let me cancel it.

Looks like you're sorta screwed. It's not a pre-order so they won't auto adjust the price. If you call them they'll probably do it seeing as to how it hasn't shipped.

[quote name='jacknicklson']True, but I still think that early next year is likely as to avoid the heavyweights of the winter season. Though, who the hll know what goes through publisher's minds some times[/QUOTE]

If Namco cares about avoiding the heavyweight they would never released Tales of the Abyss the same time as FFXII

Price went back up to $29.99 if anyone cares. I'm glad I ordered it at $27.99 and didn't take any chances for it to drop again.

[quote name='Link927']I've been wanting to play this game for a while, Im still sitting on my sealed LE copy, but I doubt I'll open that any time soon. Probably pick up a regular edition soon and start playing already >_

[quote name='sunghost']Price went back up to $29.99 if anyone cares. I'm glad I ordered it at $27.99 and didn't take any chances for it to drop again.[/QUOTE]
Dang, I thought I'd wait a few days to see if it would show up in my Quick Picks. Hope it goes back to $27.99 soon.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Dang, I thought I'd wait a few days to see if it would show up in my Quick Picks. Hope it goes back to $27.99 soon.[/QUOTE]

Same. I've played this dangerous game too much...

Just got my copy from amazon in the mail. Is the cover art meant to be half french?

Its marked ntsc so I am not too worried about it... thought I'd ask though!

At this point I will probably wait for the PS3 version and hopefully that is like $39.99 or something when it releases, otherwise will just wait for it to eventually go down...

[quote name='tagmay']Just got my copy from amazon in the mail. Is the cover art meant to be half french?

Its marked ntsc so I am not too worried about it... thought I'd ask though![/QUOTE]

I know on the back of most nintendo games it's Large english and small french/spanish so they can sell it everywhere in north america without a second version to print up.

Just FYI, my Best Buy had the regular edition marked as 50% off today, which brought it down to $30 like everyone else. :3

[quote name='sunghost']Price is back down to $27.99[/QUOTE]

lol I just bought it yesterday at $30. Shoulda waited.. :bomb:

I wish this would show up in my quick picks. I only ever seem to get games I own, or silverware. I should have made my wife order on her own account :(

Just ordered it. I ordered it from the affiliate back in mid-May but the package got lost in the mail apparently and they've been telling me to wait. I finally just told them to cancel the order and refund it and ordered it 8 bucks cheaper from here. Win-win.

Finally nabbed it, decided to unload my star ocean and just give this a shot, been waiting on that price drop...

Got it! When I play a long RPG like this, I usually get to the point where I just want to finish it already, so the extra bonus stuff on the PS3 wasn't really enticing me to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back