Tales of Vesperia, $4.94 on Xbox Live with Gold

Now we just need one of those free xbox live gold  1 month deals.

I've been trying to cut back on double dipping on digital copies.  Lucky for me that my gold expired months ago. O:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we talking about the MS currency? Money, pts, or whatever they are using now?

I forgot my pin to be able to use my MS currency on my xbox one. I go to Xbox.com, and buy the game using the currency balance.
I'm talking the Microsoft money currency yes. As of the last time I tried to buy something off the marketplace on my computer (Christmas), there was no functionality to allow you to be able to pay for a game with currency. It requires you to have a credit card on file and it will charge the credit card.

I got in a long customer service argument about this and ended up getting my game for free because of it (wolf among us season pass). So unless they've changed it in the last month I have no idea how you do this....considering I was told by countless Microsoft employees that it cannot be done.

I'm talking the Microsoft money currency yes. As of the last time I tried to buy something off the marketplace on my computer (Christmas), there was no functionality to allow you to be able to pay for a game with currency. It requires you to have a credit card on file and it will charge the credit card.

I got in a long customer service argument about this and ended up getting my game for free because of it (wolf among us season pass). So unless they've changed it in the last month I have no idea how you do this....considering I was told by countless Microsoft employees that it cannot be done.
Uhhh. It works for me. So I don't know what is going on then.

brand new physical copies were 10$ on go hastings last month for those of you that wanted a better deal should of hit it then.

Thanks for making this a separate thread, wouldn't have known about it without it.

I know there's gonna be thread nazis, but most of us don't have time to check the main XBL thread on a regular basis.

Too good of a price to pass up, thanks again OP.

I got Gold trial and only buy it for $15. Is this normal for trial gold member?
Yeah gold sale prices don't work with trials, you have to use at minimum a one month sub to get the gold price.

only if you have gold and even then some people prefer physical copies which in that case they should of got in on the gohastings thing.
I prefer physical but a deal is a deal. This is cheaper thus its a better deal. And you can get 1 month gold for free. Heck, I haven't paid for gold in a year and I still get it thanks to that M$ link.

Does anyone know how long we would be able to download it in the future?

Like eventually lets say are hard drives die in ten years, would xbox live still be available?

God, I have a physical copy already, why am I seriously thinking about buying this again?  

only if you have gold and even then some people prefer physical copies which in that case they should of got in on the gohastings thing.
TARDIS-Small_3.jpg

there is no real way to back it up as far as i know. I think you can only backup saves and junk like that, not actual games, which is really lame. I want to backup all my ps+ games but theres no way to do that
You can copy it to a USB stick and make a copy of that to a pc. I'm not sure if that will be useful if your system dies 10+ years down the road. If that is a real concern, then physical media is a better option.

Damn - think I have a used copy of this but this is cheap enough just to grab so I don't have to put the disc in ;). I did the same for Eternal Sonata when it was $3-something. I just need to force myself to play this some time. The problem is I just recently finished Tales of Graces and am currently playing Tales of Xillia. I'm not sure I'll be up for yet another Tales game, no matter how good it is (and also with the Symphonia remaster and Xillia 2 coming out this year).

I rented the game and got pretty far (loved it) so I eventually bought it.  I haven't gotten around to it so it's still sealed...I think I'll just buy this digital copy and keep my sealed game.  Great deal for a great game.

Darn it, bought it for $15 a couple months ago just so I didn't ruin my disc copy. $5 is an absolute must-have price for Vesperia :D

If I've never played a Tales game, will it be easy to get into? I know it's a series. Is each game it's own world/plot/characters? Does it play like FF 13 or like Kingdom Hearts? Either I am fine with.

If I've never played a Tales game, will it be easy to get into? I know it's a series. Is each game it's own world/plot/characters? Does it play like FF 13 or like Kingdom Hearts? Either I am fine with.
Each game has its own characters / story :) There's a demo on Xbox Live, but it plops you into one of the hardest sections of the game since you don't know the combat system yet. Combat is action / ability based, not turn based. You do have a mana-like resource for using skills / spells. You fight with a party of 4. The first 30mins of the game are somewhat slow because there's little combat and mostly story, but it picks up after that :)

The story is great in my opinion :) Although dungeons can be linear, You aren't guided down corridors like FF13. There's a world map with enemies that you travel through with towns / dungeons. There's a healthy chunk of side quests, but you have to hunt them down by talking to NPC's as the game really doesn't help you any with tracking side quests.

Plus, combat is co-op for up to 4 players :D

have you played star ocean? its more like that but better and the ability to combo, multiplayer and of course mages that don't suck. its real time but not as button mashy as kh is. artes are moves you chain together to damage enemies. artes generally go base mid arcane outside of skills that allow chaining differently and overlimit that completely ignores it. vesperia is easy to play and has yuri and rita who are broken as hell so it makes for a more enjoyable entry title to the series. that and the cast is very likable. Yuri is a popular protagonist for the series and to most people in general.

only destiny to destiny 2 (2 isn't localized) symphonia to phantasia and xillia to xillia 2 (xillia 2 is set for release later this year) are connected but can all be played separately. None of them are continuations of the last entries story as they are all self contained and just have references and in the 1st and 3rds case time skipped returns of the characters.

gattuso is the hardest boss in the game but that's only if you don't know how to abuse overlimit. spam moves in overlimit = everything dies.

make sure you download all the free stuff they have for the game too. starter skills packs are nice since it saves time having to learn those later and stuff like item thrower is a must.

probably either lost odyssey or blue dragon ^. unless its something out of the box and isn't an exclusive like star ocean, ff and such.

probably either lost odyssey or blue dragon ^. unless its something out of the box and isn't an exclusive like star ocean, ff and such.
I figured he's talking about one of the exclusives but I didn't think either of them was as good as ToV though Lost Odyssey was very good as well. It's random encounters in some of the dungeons were just too much for me to consider that game to be number one and Blue Dragon while a solid JRPG wasn't as good IMO. Star Ocean....hahaha...that game's voice acting is so bad...

surprised you wouldn't mention blue dragon with star ocean voice work wise as they were both equally horrible. I'd probably say marumaro is the same tier if not worse than miracles horrible va. and I hate her va with a passion. nails on a chalk board thrown into a woodchipper that one. so If I was to describe marumaro its be the same but add one of those car mechanic tools to the mix

I have a physical copy that is of course in my giant backlog of games to play.

$5 is too cheap to pass up so I bit. Thanks OP.

Only way to pay for 1 month of gold is to put cc on file & buy from MS. Retail only has 3 month & 1 year cards.
Does that free one month link still work? I used it once last year while I was waiting for a sale on 1 year cards so I could pick up the free games for gold.

surprised you wouldn't mention blue dragon with star ocean voice work wise as they were both equally horrible. I'd probably say marumaro is the same tier if not worse than miracles horrible va. and I hate her va with a passion. nails on a chalk board thrown into a woodchipper that one. so If I was to describe marumaro its be the same but add one of those car mechanic tools to the mix
Well, I was just listing the games that had previously been discussed. If you want to talk about REAAAALLLLY bad voice acting: The Last Remnant is horrible. Also the plot is cliche and I predicted the "twist" at the start of the game.

I want ToV, but I have such a backlog that I don't think I would ever get to it.
Well, I wouldn't do it. It's only $5 but why spend money on something you'll never use? If you want to buy it, push it to the front of your backlog. It's a very good game so it's probably worthy of being ahead of most of the stuff you have anyway.

Only way to pay for 1 month of gold is to put cc on file & buy from MS. Retail only has 3 month & 1 year cards.
You can get codes from eBay.

bread's done
Back