Tales of Vesperia, $4.94 on Xbox Live with Gold

This is a good price.  But my backlog is pretty large.  I really want to get back to Oblivion and Skyrim as well.  decisions decisions... 

Only way to pay for 1 month of gold is to put cc on file & buy from MS. Retail only has 3 month & 1 year cards.
I'd suggest looking for a 12 month or 3 month card on sale. You can find 1 year for $34.99 to $40. It's really silly to pay $8 for 1 month.

I love ToV so much that it is one of the few games I ever bought a copy of just to keep sealed. I'm not into that whole mess, I think it is a waste of money, but I wanted a brand new copy of this game to have. I actually have two of them sealed. The SE and the regular copy. Put over 200 hours into this game. It is a true gem.

It's amazing how much content can fit on a single disc that isn't even blu ray.

Tell that to my Hard Drive. I've barely touched the pre-Christmas XBL sales.

Gonna have to pass.
I have games that I bought from sales over a year ago and still haven't touched them, let alone Christmas sales from 2013. I think I probably have some from Christmas sale 2012 that haven't been touched.

Thanks OP grabbed a copy, now I can keep my physical copy shrink wrapped.  About 3 hours in and loving it so far, already feels much more complete than Xillia, but I still think Graces F is my fave.

Unfortunately I have some pretty shitty games left in mine.
A couple years back I went through the backlog and got rid of every game I bought just because it was cheap. If the games are bad then I have no interest in playing them and shouldn't have bought them (and no longer do) no matter the price. If the game is average the same holds true unless it's a genre I like or there is something else compelling about the game for me. Other than that, I stick to what I like for my gaming. If I'm not playing a good game and having fun then I'm not playing games.

Spending money on bad games is no good.$5 * 50 bad games = wasted money

A couple years back I went through the backlog and got rid of every game I bought just because it was cheap. If the games are bad then I have no interest in playing them and shouldn't have bought them (and no longer do) no matter the price. If the game is average the same holds true unless it's a genre I like or there is something else compelling about the game for me. Other than that, I stick to what I like for my gaming. If I'm not playing a good game and having fun then I'm not playing games.

Spending money on bad games is no good.$5 * 50 bad games = wasted money
Agreed.

I also sold 1/2 off my backlog a while back. Figured I'd sell them off before the priced dropped even further. I no longer buy cheap "shitty" games.

Yes it does, look below the picture.  It shows the Gold price and the regular price, just click through.

fuck, wound up buying it while checking that out.  I swear I wasn't going to, my mouse just kind of moved there on its own and pulled my finger down on the damn button.  Well, it's good to have it ready to go at any time without having to dig out the disk.

I swear, Rita has a spell on that page or something...

Thanks for posting OP! I've been eyeing this every time I walk into gamestop for the past 3 months after regretting selling it after beating it a couple years ago, but couldn't justify ~$20 for it. However, $5 is an incredible price for the amount of fun I got out of this game. :]

I also sold 1/2 off my backlog a while back. Figured I'd sell them off before the priced dropped even further. I no longer buy cheap "shitty" games.
Am in the process of selling off my backlog now - seems I had a few scarce gems in there. Who knew Tomb Raider Anniversary for 360 would pull in nearly $30? Battle for Middle-Earth II for $35?

Just listed ToV for $20.. chances are good someone either wants a physical copy or isn't keen on the Gold sale.. which is way too good a price to pass up.

Am in the process of selling off my backlog now - seems I had a few scarce gems in there. Who knew Tomb Raider Anniversary for 360 would pull in nearly $30? Battle for Middle-Earth II for $35?

Just listed ToV for $20.. chances are good someone either wants a physical copy or isn't keen on the Gold sale.. which is way too good a price to pass up.
that's of course if someone doesn't flood the market with the ones they got from go hastings sale. it a bunch of new copies appear on amazon and ebay it will more than likely tank the sales price.

I went ahead and purchased this (only because of the glowing reviews).

Hopefully, I find some time to play it.  RPG's rarely get started for me these days, because, I just can't find that much time to game anymore.

that's of course if someone doesn't flood the market with the ones they got from go hastings sale. it a bunch of new copies appear on amazon and ebay it will more than likely tank the sales price.
That may happen.. probably will. Already sold mine, though.

Got a few extra bucks to go towards my Xbox One purchase fund.

Beware rpg backlog titles! I am forcing myself to go thru this since 2 years ago because of this price and all the Tales titles coming out soon. However, it is so darn hard to get back into with all he mechanics and side quests and items. Ugh lol. I always forget how over limit works and what moves chain and whatnot.

Also play on hard!

So.... I started up Vesperia the other day and I'm in the middle of my second playthrough with no clue what to do next. I practically forgot everything about the game. I'm at the coliseum, that's all I know. Is there a way to check your current quest or what to do next?

I have the same problem, I rented the game about 2 years ago and played it for many hours.  Now, having bought the game I totally forgot how to play it and where to go or what to do.

As much as I hate giving up the hours that I sunk into it, I may just have to start over from the beginning.  

You can check the "Synopsis" from the in-game menu (the one where it shows portraits of everyone), I forget which option it's under, but it's one of the buttons along the top. I just do it by heart and I don't remember what the button is called lol.. Might be Books or something.

If you check the last entry, that'll usually give you a hint as to what you're suppose to be doing.

That said, if you haven't played in years, I would recommend starting over if you have the time. Much easier to ease back into the combat system and story :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the collectors edition at launch and never opened it.

when I wanted to play the game I saw the value of the CE and just kept it sealed.

So, now I'm willing to buy at this price so I don't have to open my CE.

Awesome

agreed. I have a decently small backlog but I'm continuously making dents in it when I have the time. When there's deals I pick them up simply because I'll get to it eventually and it'll save me money and time in the long run barring even better sales. But usually I have to be interested in the title in some shape or form.

plus anything below 20 bucks is totally within my splurge range where I'll feel less guilty if I don't like it.

bread's done
Back