Tales of Vesperia Available @ Amazon for $34.78 shipped

cheeky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So it looks like they've either reprinted Tales of Vesperia or dredged up some copies from the abyss. You can now buy it NEW for the low, low price of $34.78. In the several months it had been out of print prices had risen to ~$60. Given time they will probably rise again. Then again, maybe not, as the debate continues to rage as to whether or not we will see an expanded version for the PS3. Anyways, enjoy it if it's your thing.

Edit: This may not be a reprint at all as it is fulfilled by a 3rd party. I guess that means there could be limited quantities available (40-something copies if the Amazon checkout system is reflecting an accurate inventory).

Update: NYC Electronics has sold out. Third parties have copies available for $34.78+

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my copy today...
And it's French. Or at least the cover is.

After I have time later to check the website and see if I can return it opened, I'll see if the game itself is in French.

If it is, I'm pretty pissed.

Bought mine from V.I.P Group Corporation on June 30th... Delivery estimate is July 12th, after checking my tracking # it hasn't even officially been scanned at a post office yet... Garbage company

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Bought mine from V.I.P Group Corporation on June 30th... Delivery estimate is July 12th, after checking my tracking # it hasn't even officially been scanned at a post office yet... Garbage company[/QUOTE]
I ordered mine on the same day and got mine yesterday. Where are you from?

The tracking was a bit off kilter, I think due to the holiday. One moment, I had no idea where it was, the next it was delivered.

[quote name='sadboy']I ordered mine on the same day and got mine yesterday. Where are you from?

The tracking was a bit off kilter, I think due to the holiday. One moment, I had no idea where it was, the next it was delivered.[/QUOTE]

From Michigan, did you get it from V.I.P.?

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']From Michigan, did you get it from V.I.P.?[/QUOTE]
I'm from Kansas City. Yes, I did.

[quote name='sadboy']I'm from Kansas City. Yes, I did.[/QUOTE]

Weird. My other Amazon stuff that I ordered at the same time came today, just not ToV

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Weird. My other Amazon stuff that I ordered at the same time came today, just not ToV[/QUOTE]
Maybe there was a hitch with them running out of stock, or something.

[quote name='Mad dog']I have a french/english cover and manual and everything in the game is in english.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's reassuring then. Guess I'll keep it.

And as for the shipping, mine came from V.I.P. too, and was also weird. The tracker told me it left Nevada, then nothing for 5 days, two days ago it had an arrival scan listed without a location, and today it showed up. And I'm right outside of Boston, if that helps give you aany sense of a time frame.

Wait--How are you guys getting French covers?

edit: Crap. Mine is also a Frenchie! It's a damn good thing I didn't open mine.
edit: Goddamnit, you crazy kids.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/945075-tales-of-vesperia/images/box-99976

box-99976

[quote name='nnickers']Well, that's reassuring then. Guess I'll keep it.

And as for the shipping, mine came from V.I.P. too, and was also weird. The tracker told me it left Nevada, then nothing for 5 days, two days ago it had an arrival scan listed without a location, and today it showed up. And I'm right outside of Boston, if that helps give you aany sense of a time frame.[/QUOTE]

Crap, I haven't checked the mail yet.... but you sound real similar to me. I'm in Cambridge, and the tracker told me it left Nevada too..... :x What's with the French cover:bomb:

It's more like they're saving money by only making one version of the release, cuz they need to have French shit when they release it up in Canada.

Oh, and for anyone wondering, this is the best J-RPG this gen, but it's hit really low prices before so you can probably wait. ._.

[quote name='grrouchie']I have a sealed collectors edition of the 360 version that I bought the day it came out, and I have kept it sealed because I have been waiting for the ps3 version to get released....

I might have to import a copy if I can find it I guess, or buy a used 360 version as with the price of the colelctors edition I really don't want to open it now haha[/QUOTE]

A sealed Tales of Vesperia collectors edition will probably be worth $1000 in 10+ years.

Tales of Vesperia is one of my favorite Xbox games.

[quote name='Mahoney07']A sealed Tales of Vesperia collectors edition will probably be worth $1000 in 10+ years.

Tales of Vesperia is one of my favorite Xbox games.[/QUOTE]

I'm scared the hot weather's gonna break my 360 lol. waiting til it cools down!

[quote name='Mahoney07']A sealed Tales of Vesperia collectors edition will probably be worth $1000 in 10+ years.

Uh, no. Just...just no.

I won't go that far but I have one too. Still sealed. Paid $70 bucks at GC.

Just got my copy in the other day. It was new and sealed, but I didn't have time to open it yet. As much as I'm excited to be in Japan, I can't wait to go back to open it up. lol

[quote name='Mahoney07']A sealed Tales of Vesperia collectors edition will probably be worth $1000 in 10+ years..[/QUOTE]

There won't be a working 360 in 10+ years unless the XBox "S" has really done the trick as everyone has claimed It's done. Theres also no guaranteed the next XBox will be backwards. Then again I won't believe that till It's out in the market for 3+ years.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']There won't be a working 360 in 10+ years unless the XBox "S" has really done the trick as everyone has claimed It's done. Theres also no guaranteed the next XBox will be backwards. Then again I won't believe that till It's out in the market for 3+ years.[/QUOTE]

or maybe the next xbox will be backwards compatible? 1000 sounds high, maybe 200.

[quote name='animemaniac14']ummm it's already almost $200...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...w?ie=UTF8&qid=1279107270&sr=8-1&condition=new[/QUOTE]

amazon market place isnt a good representation of price. i can put a penny for sale there for a million dollars but that doesnt mean its worth it or that anyone will buy it.

if you are so confident the game will be 1000 bucks, you should buy every copy on amazon and make a bunch of money. a 500% gain on investment is much better than most people expect for anything.

So just to clarify, the one with English/French on the back and under the "T for Teen" rating is an all English game? Wanna make sure before I open mine ;)

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']So just to clarify, the one with English/French on the back and under the "T for Teen" rating is an all English game? Wanna make sure before I open mine ;)[/QUOTE]

That's what people were saying. I should finally have time to open mine tonight, so I'll confirm when I can.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']So just to clarify, the one with English/French on the back and under the "T for Teen" rating is an all English game? Wanna make sure before I open mine ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's an English game. I just opened my copy a couple nights ago.

[quote name='whitereflection']Has this game even been printed without an English/French box? I haven't seen any. JRPGs are popular with French people for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Ace Combat 6 is the same. Probably just a cost-saving move so that they don't have to make multiple covers. Canada, United States, same difference.

Played for 2 hrs, reached 2nd town and gave up. Love jrpgs just can't get into this one. Does it pick up later? Early story = yawn

Yeah in Canada everything has to be printed in both English and French. So to save money on smaller-scale releases, the game/DVD will have both English and French writing on it. Ubisoft does this alot as well.

Also when I got the complete season of Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon (only Canada got the full season in 1 release) it was English/French writing on the case because it came from Amazon Canada. Same thing with the PoP: LE (the one for a couple of years ago, not the movie tie-in.)

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']For those who might want to try Gamestop in-store, it dropped to $30 used a few days ago. The site still displays $45.[/QUOTE]

Would it be YMMV on that as I can't remember any time the price in-store was cheaper than the website for Gamestop.

[quote name='SPIDERJOLT']Played for 2 hrs, reached 2nd town and gave up. Love jrpgs just can't get into this one. Does it pick up later? Early story = yawn[/QUOTE]

Yes it picks up once you get more than 4 possible members of your party.

Already been confirmed above me, but yes its the English copy of the game. Apparently this was the ONLY cover released in NA, so you're safe

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/9450...ages/box-99976

If you scroll up the page, that's why I was lol'ing at someone's comments ("Dammit you crazy kids!")

Hmm, do all (NTSC) copies of Tales of Vesperia have french & english text on the cover art?...:bomb:

I don't think this game is hard to find, I've seen it at Kmart not too long ago for $30...

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Hmm, do all (NTSC) copies of Tales of Vesperia have french & english text on the cover art?...:bomb:

I don't think this game is hard to find, I've seen it at Kmart not too long ago for $30...
[/QUOTE]

Its Namco, so it should. Soul Calibur did

[quote name='SEGA128DC']
[/QUOTE]

Seconded. In fact, saw it at a Kmart just Tuesday for $30... Don't know why it seems so hard to find for some...

Have the standard and premium edition lying in boxes next to me seems pretty easy to find don't see why people have any problems with it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Would it be YMMV on that as I can't remember any time the price in-store was cheaper than the website for Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
I don't think so, actually. When I saw the $30 price tag, I figured they had just missed it when they were updating the prices, so I took it to one of the employees to fix it. But the employee I talked to actually brought the updated price list on the computer to show me it went down to $30 that day. Although I'd love to hear some confirmation from elsewhere.

bread's done
Back