Tales of Vesperia Guide $14.99 Amazon

scsg75

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
As some kind person on ebay kindly pointed out to me today through my BIN auction for this guide book (called me nuts) Amazon now has the out of print Tales of Vesperia guide available again (possible reprint) for $14.99 (ships in 7-9 days)

People were selling this guide for $100-$150 or so on ebay and Amazon (why I got called nuts I guess). So if you want one, you can't go wrong with $14.99. If this is a repost then I apologize, I'm nuts what do you expect.

Link

damn looks like they re-printed it.

I will probably have to order one for my buddy since he got the game and has been looking for a guide FOREVER!

EDIT: just ordered one. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Tales of Vesperia and I've been looking for a guide.... Thank you so much op!

(Going to get it free w/ Omniibus promo, but it's single use so I need to find something else.)

[quote name='scsg75']As some kind person on ebay kindly pointed out to me today through my BIN auction for this guide book (called me nuts) Amazon now has the out of print Tales of Vesperia guide available again (possible reprint) for $14.99 (ships in 7-9 days)

People were selling this guide for $100-$150 or so on ebay and Amazon (why I got called nuts I guess). So if you want one, you can't go wrong with $14.99. If this is a repost then I apologize, I'm nuts what do you expect.

Link[/QUOTE]

How much was your Buy It Now? I sold mine with a regular auction and it sold for $30. I was happy since I paid a penny for it.

If your BIN was over $50, I'd call you nuts, too. Although I did sell two Uncharted guides for $70 each.

I grabbed one as well. Thanks OP!

It says and shipped and sold through Amazon, so I have no idea what GameQuestDirect has anything to do with it...?

[quote name='KillerRamen']I love Tales of Vesperia and I've been looking for a guide.... Thank you so much op!

(Going to get it free w/ Omniibus promo, but it's single use so I need to find something else.)[/QUOTE]

pretty sure it's not single use. I bought BF:BC using it and still have $17 left.

[quote name='n00bie']How much was your Buy It Now? I sold mine with a regular auction and it sold for $30. I was happy since I paid a penny for it.

If your BIN was over $50, I'd call you nuts, too. Although I did sell two Uncharted guides for $70 each.[/QUOTE]

Well let's just say when I listed it, I was right in the middle. 2 or 3 were cheaper, 2 or 3 were more. Other BIN Prices ranged from $99 to $239 in brand new condition when I listed it. If my BIN was $50 I would have been nuts. This guide had been consistently selling for over $100 when I listed it. And I wasn't even the most expensive one today when the kid emailed me telling me amazon had it for $14, there are people wanting over $200 for it (not like they'd get it but still), I hope he emailed them too and stuck his nose in their business and called them names.

It's not like I can monitor the going rate for the 240 things I have listed on a daily basis. I do periodic checks, but I can't help reprints that pop up and 2 hours after they pop up I have nasty emails about my pricing? I mean you can tell someone nicely about it or you can call people names in ebay emails. Seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw how expensive ToV guides were getting, but I'm stumped as to the reason for it. Even the Amazon reviews for it are subpar. It's not like a limited edition hardcover guide. Anyone have any idea why these guides are so coveted?

[quote name='KillerRamen']I love Tales of Vesperia and I've been looking for a guide.... Thank you so much op!

(Going to get it free w/ Omniibus promo, but it's single use so I need to find something else.)[/QUOTE]

Yep, I can also confirm that the promo credit is not single use. I made a purchase of $20.xx which used most of the credit and then later made another purchase afterward which deducted $4.xx (the remaining credit balance) from the total.

[quote name='tossin']I saw how expensive ToV guides were getting, but I'm stumped as to the reason for it. Even the Amazon reviews for it are subpar. It's not like a limited edition hardcover guide. Anyone have any idea why these guides are so coveted?[/QUOTE]

I think because they were in limited supply with a pretty short print run and it's a fairly loved game within a popular franchise. But now that's it's available at Amazon for $14.99, no one will want it because the "OMG that's rare and worth millions!" label has been removed

You can add the max right now so either they found a ton, the inventory checker is off, or they're expecting a new shipment of a lot of guides.

Also, what's your ebay username? Feel free to PM me, I'm just curious what you're selling

Count me in for one. I can add this to my Lego Star Wars: TCS and Tales of the Abyss guides. Those 2 go for a pretty penny also, not sure why though????

I can tell you first hand the guide isn't that great for the game, but for the ridiculous amount they go for on EBay I say take a chance and snatch one up, perhaps sell it later

I can also confirm that this is probably one of the worst player's guides I have ever owned. >_> Info on the extra character outfits? Forget it. Sidequests? Nah, not important. I hated this guide. XD No idea why it sells for so much, the Tales of the Abyss guide was much smaller but oh so much better.

[quote name='Ryouko']I can also confirm that this is probably one of the worst player's guides I have ever owned. >_> Info on the extra character outfits? Forget it. Sidequests? Nah, not important. I hated this guide. XD No idea why it sells for so much, the Tales of the Abyss guide was much smaller but oh so much better.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, that sealed my deal not to drop on it. I can't remember a guide that was so deep, my last that I can recall was Zelda Twilight Princess.

I ordered up the ToV guide as well as the Okami guides, but I have a feeling my order is going to be cancelled. This is the second time I've tried buying the ToV guide from Amazon when they had it in stock, and I got an e-mail a couple of days later saying they were OOS and would not be getting any more. e_e

[quote name='zxghost']and people were selling this crappy guide for 60 bucks when it went off print -__-[/QUOTE]

This is why I refuse to pay more than MSRP for this guide. As rare as it is, I wouldn't be able to justify that price.

I was thinking about buying ToV and the guide but according to reviews it says the guide is missing alot of end game quests / side mission details.

thanks for sharing.

i remember when amazon had TOV for $15, and i didn't buy it because of the shipping.

man i'm still regretting that..

That's what's always so shocking to me. That suck a great game has such a craptastic guide. Seems like a good game makes for an easier guide.

Price is currently dropped to 13.59 for the ToV guide. I had ordered 2 but canceled 1 after hearing how lousy it is.

Thanks for the info on the Okami Wii guide also. Only 11.55 for it and I just ordered the game yesterday so it works out well.

That's about as much as I paid for the game from Amazon. :D

Shame the guide is missing a lot of info. Thankfully, GameFAQs pulled through. Guess the guide's only real use is for resale profit.

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']I want a tales dawn of the new world guide =[[/QUOTE]

I'll list mine on ebay. It should be reprinted, devalued and rude emails from kids on ebay should start flooding in by tomorrow :)

[quote name='KillerRamen']It dropped in price to $13.59. :bouncy:

...I'm buying the guide for the art.[/QUOTE]

I just did the same.

Ouch, Strategy guide without all the goods needed to fully complete a game is a worthless guide in my mind....It was a tempting price, but after reading Ryouko's post. I believe her in that the guide is garbage. Pass.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I ordered up the ToV guide as well as the Okami guides, but I have a feeling my order is going to be cancelled. This is the second time I've tried buying the ToV guide from Amazon when they had it in stock, and I got an e-mail a couple of days later saying they were OOS and would not be getting any more. e_e[/QUOTE]

This is a relatively common type of glitch on Amazon. I've seen it with other books. First they list it and then it switches to "ships in x days." Then they admit they don't have it and cancel orders. Maybe one of their suppliers has the glitch. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how many they actually ship.

[quote name='schultzed']This is a relatively common type of glitch on Amazon. I've seen it with other books. First they list it and then it switches to "ships in x days." Then they admit they don't have it and cancel orders. Maybe one of their suppliers has the glitch. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how many they actually ship.[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I didn't want to cancel my order to get the newer lower prices, I hope if they do ship out, it will be to the first x number of people who ordered. And if they do cancel, hopefully they do like the Capcom and Marvel books that were OOS, and hand out some sort of promotional certificate.

[quote name='MSUHitman']If you want a guide for Tales of Vesperia, use this PDF guide that someone wrote for IGN. Best ToV guide on the internet, bar none.
http://faqs.ign.com/articles/910/910183p1.html[/QUOTE]

I can vouch for VHayste's work on game guides. Not only is it in PDF but it includes pictures. They are all usually pretty detailed. Only gripe about them is they are kinda messy sometimes but why complain when this guy does it for free? If I own the game and he has the guide, I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be downloading it. A great example of why his guides are the best online is the P4 guide he wrote.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Exactly why I didn't want to cancel my order to get the newer lower prices, I hope if they do ship out, it will be to the first x number of people who ordered. And if they do cancel, hopefully they do like the Capcom and Marvel books that were OOS, and hand out some sort of promotional certificate.[/QUOTE]

All you do is reorder FIRST then cancel your previous order. Just to be sure you get it at the lower price and it doesnt magically go out of stock while trying to place your order.

Also this is dead as both the ToV and Okami guides arent available now. I wonder if those that ordered will actually get anything.

FYI This was reported on gametz as a mistake. This and several dozen other guides popped up and were later removed. So don't plan on getting any copies.

I didn't actually want one, but I ordered one anyway on the off chance it would yield a gc or other concession.

Well they were on there for quite a while, so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully those of us who ordered first still get a copy, if not we should get some sort of certificate.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Well they were on there for quite a while, so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully those of us who ordered first still get a copy, if not we should get some sort of certificate.[/QUOTE]

Kind of hard to get a copy when they never had any in stock. As for certificate thats a possibility.

My order is still active as well, however I have yet to get a shipping confirmation email. Amazon usually is relatively prompt about their shipping, so the delay raises some alarms.

bread's done
Back