Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Youngnoble']Amazon has now put a buying cap on it. I suspect it won't last much longer.[/QUOTE]

Mobile site still allows up to 999 in cart.

[quote name='coopscohen']#1 Best Seller on Amazon[/QUOTE]

fuck it.

In for one!

Just to have a back up in case GS doesn't come back in stock for in store preorder.

Edit: or unless another retailer will carry it. (Come on BB!)

[quote name='StryderOmega']fuck it.

In for one!

Just to have a back up in case GS doesn't come back in stock for in store preorder.

Edit: or unless another retailer will carry it. (Come on BB!)[/QUOTE]For some reason, I highly doubt Best Buy will carry it. :\ Just a feeling.

[quote name='Vigilante']For some reason, I highly doubt Best Buy will carry it. :\ Just a feeling.[/QUOTE]

I can dream, can't I?

I wouldn't expect them to, as it would be out of their nature to sell these kind of CEs.

So my "order it to see if it ships" order from the Namco store came in today and it was indeed the Wizards Edition of Ni No Kuni. Consider me shocked that I actually got one despite them saying it was sold out.

[quote name='Kaiser499']So my "order it to see if it ships" order from the Namco store came in today and it was indeed the Wizards Edition of Ni No Kuni. Consider me shocked that I actually got one despite them saying it was sold out.[/QUOTE]

damn youre lucky :lol:

good thing you didnt clean out your cache/cookies

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']damn youre lucky :lol:

good thing you didnt clean out your cache/cookies[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the weird bit is that when you go to the product page for it it says it's in stock but there's no way to add it to your cart. I wonder why Namco is sitting on these.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Yeah, the weird bit is that when you go to the product page for it it says it's in stock but there's no way to add it to your cart. I wonder why Namco is sitting on these.[/QUOTE]

To avoid more public outrage maybe? :lol:

[quote name='Youngnoble']Amazon has now put a buying cap on it. I suspect it won't last much longer.[/QUOTE]

Must have been a temp thing. I can add 999 on in my cart...

[quote name='Kaiser499']So my "order it to see if it ships" order from the Namco store came in today and it was indeed the Wizards Edition of Ni No Kuni. Consider me shocked that I actually got one despite them saying it was sold out.[/QUOTE]
Lucky! Dangit, I had one in my cart from January but Namco removed it automatically a couple of weeks after.

[quote name='Vinny']Must have been a temp thing. I can add 999 on in my cart...[/QUOTE]

It only shows up when you try to checkout. When it gets to quantity it only allows 3 maximum.

We're sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. We have changed your purchase quantity to the maximum allowable.

far from it. assuming each retailer gets 10,000 units, we are still talking about 20,000 or so so far from the core fans who would spend $100 on this game and speculators. (and I bet a decent numbers are from them).

edit: to add, I believe it will eventually be localized... what better way to squeeze every last bit of profit from an out going system than to have a localization project while the main development team move on to the next platform?

probably not, but I am just taking a generous number to show that even if this sells out in a week across the retailers avialable, it is still a relatively small number that = the core fans who is ok with spending $100 and all the speculators based on ToV Premium situation and all the orders that were placed in both retailers.

Also depends how well JRPGS sell in the US compared to Europe as to how many copies will get. I'm not sure if they sell better or worse over there.

[quote name='RainFall']Amazon will be sold out by the end of april. If not, by the end of may.[/QUOTE]
thats a long time, it will be sold out in 1 or 2 weeks just like gamestop.

[quote name='Tigershard']Xillia Collector's Edition appeared in my Amazon.com gold box today for 5% off. Win![/QUOTE]

Nice. I just have the Standard version in mine.

[quote name='borderland']Got a link ?[/QUOTE]The deals in the Gold Box (really called "Quick Picks") are different for each Amazon account every day. Just click "Today's Deals" at the top of any Amazon page and scroll down until you see "____'s Quick Picks" (insert your name into the blank), where there are various items there at 5% off their current Amazon price. The items that appear there are usually determined by your purchase history, but not always (I get cleaning supplies in there a bit too often for my tastes...seriously, why?!).

I appreciate the reminder about the 5% discount, though; I cancelled my CE preorder and preordered the standard edition in the hopes that they'll try to "win me over" with the CE by putting it in my Quick Picks tomorrow. ;) $5 is $5.

According to vgchartz preorder numbers posted today TOX picked up 22,592 preorders last week for a total of 38676 in America. Here is the link:

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41385/USA/

I would assume a large chunk of those would be from collectors editions. I realize that vgchartz numbers a little off but in general they a pretty close. That is still more than doubling the amount of preorders in America.

I learned my lesson with the Loot Chest edition of Borderlands 2. I preordered at Amazon, and will spend the next four months debating about whether or not to keep that preorder.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I learned my lesson with the Loot Chest edition of Borderlands 2. I preordered at Amazon, and will spend the next four months debating about whether or not to keep that preorder.[/QUOTE]
Always do that. I preorder anything I am remotely interested in. All you have to do is mark your calendar about five days before the release day to remind yourself to cancel, if you decide to do so.

[quote name='Youngnoble']It only shows up when you try to checkout. When it gets to quantity it only allows 3 maximum.

We're sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. We have changed your purchase quantity to the maximum allowable.[/QUOTE]

Ah... I see. That's weird, I could have sworn that in the case, they'd put limits on items in your cart before you checkout.

[quote name='johnoralex']According to vgchartz preorder numbers posted today TOX picked up 22,592 preorders last week for a total of 38676 in America. Here is the link:

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41385/USA/

I would assume a large chunk of those would be from collectors editions. I realize that vgchartz numbers a little off but in general they a pretty close. That is still more than doubling the amount of preorders in America.[/QUOTE]

If there's only 10K units, a lot of people might be missing out on this.. I'm guessing re-sellers are probably buying up most copies though.

[quote name='Vigilante']The deals in the Gold Box (really called "Quick Picks") are different for each Amazon account every day. Just click "Today's Deals" at the top of any Amazon page and scroll down until you see "____'s Quick Picks" (insert your name into the blank), where there are various items there at 5% off their current Amazon price. The items that appear there are usually determined by your purchase history, but not always (I get cleaning supplies in there a bit too often for my tastes...seriously, why?!).

I appreciate the reminder about the 5% discount, though; I cancelled my CE preorder and preordered the standard edition in the hopes that they'll try to "win me over" with the CE by putting it in my Quick Picks tomorrow. ;) $5 is $5.[/QUOTE]

Totally forgot about it! Thanks!! 5% off Shin Megami Tensei IV for me. I'm still preordering from Gamestop though wtih 5% Discover, free shipping, and Power Reward pts. Amazon charges tax in CA anyway.

As for CE, better keep both preorders as Amazon has yet to put official picture up and you can always not pickup preorder or return at Gamestop.

So standard editions are available at Best Buy and Walmart... I wonder if I will get lucky and get a chance to preorder the CE at BB. (Keeps on dreaming)

[quote name='wasabi5858']far from it. assuming each retailer gets 10,000 units, we are still talking about 20,000 or so so far from the core fans who would spend $100 on this game and speculators. (and I bet a decent numbers are from them).

edit: to add, I believe it will eventually be localized... what better way to squeeze every last bit of profit from an out going system than to have a localization project while the main development team move on to the next platform?[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm a part of that core Wasabi. Even though I already have both Famitsu DX packs of Xillia 1 and 2. Still bought this CE. XD

bread's done
Back