Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']I suppose you guys know nothing of the preorder bonuses at this point?[/QUOTE]

It'll probably be some DLC skins...

[quote name='Auburn']They turned the in-store reserve SKU back on at GameStop. This is going to only be for a limited time so do it as soon as you can. We were told that there was an additional allocation and the supply is limited. It can be turned off at any time.[/QUOTE]

Ugh I made it in time out of work just before they closed, lol. They looked a bit sour when I first walked in until I said I wanted to do a preorder. They perked right up real quick haha.

I went to trade in some games today at Gamestop and also got a pre-order for Tales of Xillia CE. Win-win situation!

[quote name='TooPoor']I suppose you guys know nothing of the preorder bonuses at this point?[/QUOTE]

No work yet. Probably just dlc costumes like they did with tales of graces f

Theres gonna be a pre-order bonus for this? Dammit, now I might have to go with my Gamestop order....would prefer the Amazon one at this point.

Hell, I might just keep both

The GameStop closest to me(Richmond in Canada) has like 19 copies left for pre order. They apparently got the go signal to sell more which leads me to believe that they're milking this!

[quote name='Joey5622']The GameStop closest to me(Richmond in Canada) has like 19 copies left for pre order. They apparently got the go signal to sell more which leads me to believe that they're milking this![/QUOTE]

Individual GameStops don't get an allocation for pre-orders, it's whatever the company has leftover. Unless, of course, they do things differently in Canada.

Guy at GameStop told me today this is available for pre-order again now. I see it's also back up on GameStop.com. I now have this pre-ordered in three places, heh. I'll figure out which two to cancel later down the road I guess.

Guy at GameStop told me today this is available for pre-order again now. I see it's also back up on GameStop.com. I now have this pre-ordered in three places, heh. I'll figure out which two to cancel later down the road I guess.

[quote name='RainFall']Nice. These listings should be reported as they scream scam (longer than 45 days, low feedback, high quantity, way under market)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-of-Xi...3249?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3381eafd61

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-of-Xi...1361?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3381faad71

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-of-Xi...1383?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item232a971b67

All 3 above look like sure scams.[/QUOTE]

The cmdindustries9135 seller is definitely a scammer. He's selling dozens of pandemic editions for retail. Talk about greedy, I hope it gets him caught.

[quote name='MrBoss']Namco Store Preorders up (Yay Digital River):

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/s...78400/Tales-of-Xillia-Collectors-Edition.html[/QUOTE]

So, is this not limited to 10K then? GS still has it up and now it's on Namco's store, too. Seems like they would have sold out long ago if it was only 10K.

[quote name='RainFall']Nice. These listings should be reported as they scream scam (longer than 45 days, low feedback, high quantity, way under market)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-of-Xi...3249?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3381eafd61

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-of-Xi...1361?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3381faad71

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-of-Xi...1383?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item232a971b67

Did I miss something? Why are these sellers listing them barely above MSRP? Hell, after shipping, they'd lose money. Missed the part about them not being established sellers. Yeah, definitely are scammers.

It's definitely more than 10K. Gamestop had it up for about two weeks, pulled it. Amazon had it up for a couple days-week. There are in store preorders to gamestop, no doubt... Gamestop put it back up and it's been up for like 2-3 weeks STRAIGHT now. Walmart even has it listed for preorder, and now namco. I'm thinking there are quite a fewwwwww copies.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Are they seriously using Digital River again??[/QUOTE]

They love Digital River since they give the same CS as Namco.

lyssum1 from the first link already sold 6, cant believe people actually bought them, or maybe they don't want to risk it with digital rivers? But then again gamestop still have it up for pre-order.

[quote name='SMBScooby']My Injustice from UK got lost in the mail :([/QUOTE]
Sorry to hear that man, hope you get your money back. I lost my Ni No Kuni form UK too, amazon refunded me though. Its kinda irrelevant to post in this thread though.

[quote name='LD_Helix']lyssum1 from the first link already sold 6, cant believe people actually bought them, or maybe they don't want to risk it with digital rivers? But then again gamestop still have it up for pre-order.
[/QUOTE]
I find that eBay buyers do not follow normal logic. Seems like the seller built up 50+ feedback just for this single heist.

[quote name='Vinny']So, is this not limited to 10K then? GS still has it up and now it's on Namco's store, too. Seems like they would have sold out long ago if it was only 10K.[/QUOTE]

I said it earlier in the thread and I'll repeat it again. They never said it was limited for the US release.

Even Namco Store does not list it as 10,000. They do list the Naurto game as being limited to 5000.

[quote name='MrBoss']I said it earlier in the thread and I'll repeat it again. They never said it was limited for the US release.

Even Namco Store does not list it as 10,000. They do list the Naurto game as being limited to 5000.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. There are about 4500 Gamestop retail locations in the US currently. Conservatively estimating that each store took 2 preorders (and I know for a fact the three closest to me each took 5-7 each), that's 10K units just there. Add in the Amazon and GS.com plus Walmart and Digital River units and you're probably looking at a minimum of 20K units and maybe even more when all is said and done.

Collector's Edition

Cater's to the collector's and fans of the Tales games. Provides a bunch of unique extra's that not available otherwise.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Are they seriously using Digital River again??[/QUOTE]

Of course. They're an economical storefront for a reason.

[quote name='MrBoss']I said it earlier in the thread and I'll repeat it again. They never said it was limited for the US release.

Even Namco Store does not list it as 10,000. They do list the Naurto game as being limited to 5000.[/QUOTE]

Ah... you're right. The 10K is for the European release of this CE (which is only available at Namco's European Tales site).

Still, I wonder why Amazon sold out so fast but GS has not. I can't imagine GS's allocation being that much larger than Amazon's.

Yes, and I went ahead and pre-ordered from them. I guess I just can't feel truly alive unless I have some nagging thing to worry about. Maybe we'll all get lucky and they'll have gotten their act together since Ni No Kuni.

Somewhat amusing (to me anyway): I'd forgotten my password and had to have them send it to me. Let's just say the password I chose for Digital River was not at all flattering to them.

[quote name='Vinny']
Still, I wonder why Amazon sold out so fast but GS has not. I can't imagine GS's allocation being that much larger than Amazon's.[/QUOTE]

Because GS was the only one available at first, then a ton of people cancelled and went to Amazon instead, freeing up a lot of them with GS.

[quote name='morrodox']Yes, and I went ahead and pre-ordered from them. I guess I just can't feel truly alive unless I have some nagging thing to worry about. [/QUOTE]

You must be some kind of masochist. :boxing:

[quote name='morrodox']
Somewhat amusing (to me anyway): I'd forgotten my password and had to have them send it to me. Let's just say the password I chose for Digital River was not at all flattering to them.[/QUOTE]

More scary is that they can actually send you your old password and via email. This should not be recoverable in any scenario and only offer you the option to reset.

[quote name='wasabi5858']More scary is that they can actually send you your old password and via email. This should not be recoverable in any scenario and only offer you the option to reset.[/QUOTE]

This. It means they keep your password, probably in plain text, instead of just the hash. That's like internet security 101...

Amazon.it has Xillia Day 1 w/ steelbook for 59.99EUR(-20% VAT)=47.992EUR+11EUR flat rate ship no matter what you order(better deal if you find other goodies) So, for around $77 you get the game w/steelbook and no figure. This might suit more of the anime figure haters.

[quote name='prateeko']Sorry to ask this, but can we still pre-order in store from GameStop? I dont trust digital river to not fuck it up[/QUOTE]

It's sold out again on Gamestop's website, but I'm not sure about Gamestop in-store preorders.

[quote name='JoePianist']It's sold out again on Gamestop's website, but I'm not sure about Gamestop in-store preorders.[/QUOTE]

It seems like a lot of HTF items sell out once, then come back, and then sell out again on GS. Weird.

I'm surprised it took so long to sell out. It's been back up on the gamestop website for a good two weeks. There must be a lot of copies available, considering it's available at MULTIPLE retailers and was up on the website for so long.

Nice!

Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Tales of Xillia (Collector's Edition)"
Estimated arrival date: August 06, 2013

[quote name='dgwillia006']Same, awesome. Still deciding what to do with my Gamestop order[/QUOTE]

Same here. Have it preordered at amazon too. Might cancel my gs one soon.

[quote name='ThusSpokeZarathustra']I'm keeping my Gamestop order. I have a 15% off coupon meaning the CE will only be $85+ tax for me, and I get it day 1.[/QUOTE]

FYI Amazon is offering release date delivery too.

[quote name='ColdBrew']FYI Amazon is offering release date delivery too.[/QUOTE]

Is this only available to amazon prime subscribers?

[quote name='airblade']Is this only available to amazon prime subscribers?[/QUOTE]

It is usually available to everyone but prime subscribers don't have to pay extra for it. If you have an order go to your account orders and you should find an option to change shipping on that particular order.

[quote name='airblade']Is this only available to amazon prime subscribers?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is for Prime members only. But it is offered at no extra cost for Prime members. I got the email about the change over the weekend.

[quote name='ohscaryone']It is usually available to everyone but prime subscribers don't have to pay extra for it. If you have an order go to your account orders and you should find an option to change shipping on that particular order.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ColdBrew']I don't think it is for Prime members only. But it is offered at no extra cost for Prime members. I got the email about the change over the weekend.[/QUOTE]

Well, i just checked my order and tried to change shipping speed, and there's no release date delivery option for it. :(

[quote name='airblade']Well, i just checked my order and tried to change shipping speed, and there's no release date delivery option for it. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, same for me.

[quote name='airblade']Well, i just checked my order and tried to change shipping speed, and there's no release date delivery option for it. :([/QUOTE]

I believe you have to select 2-day shipping to get RDD. That us what you have to do to get it for Prime as well.

Edit: it should also just change over if you have 2-day selected

bread's done
Back