Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you change your Amazon order you will be put on the back of the list of pre orders. Happened to me with Hyrule Historia LE, I changed payment method and my order was never fulfilled.

[quote name='209chromatic']If you change your Amazon order you will be put on the back of the list of pre orders. Happened to me with Hyrule Historia LE, I changed payment method and my order was never fulfilled.[/QUOTE]

Ugh crap. I have to change my address.....

[quote name='airblade']Is this only available to amazon prime subscribers?[/QUOTE]

I'm a prime member but I've seen promos where they offered it in the past for $1, release delivery.

I feel bad for anyone buying the $100 - $110 preorders on eBay from low feedback sellers. They're going to get scammed out of their money. By the time the game is supposed to ship, the period to leave a negative feedback will have elapsed (and the period to file a claim on Paypal).

[quote name='Doomstink']I feel bad for anyone buying the $100 - $110 preorders on eBay from low feedback sellers. They're going to get scammed out of their money. By the time the game is supposed to ship, the period to leave a negative feedback will have elapsed (and the period to file a claim on Paypal).[/QUOTE]

Honestly if they waited that long to order the thing at Gamestop/Amazon (They had plenty of time), and are dumb enough to fall for it, I think they deserve it

Has to be one of the most obvious scams ever. Why would someone sell an item that sold out and could easily be worth more for the MSRP

[quote name='Doomstink']I feel bad for anyone buying the $100 - $110 preorders on eBay from low feedback sellers. They're going to get scammed out of their money. By the time the game is supposed to ship, the period to leave a negative feedback will have elapsed (and the period to file a claim on Paypal).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding. And I feel like eBay could easily fix this issue by simply deleting anything with "tales of xillia" or any variation on that until it falls within their allowed window for pre-orders. But they don't. In the end, the scammer gets his money, eBay gets to keep theirs (since they don't have to issue refunds), and the buyer is screwed.

EDIT* It seems like with the number of Xillia CEs and TLS Post Pandemic Editions this guy is selling, he'd have been caught by now.
http://www.ebay.com/csc/Video-Games...LH_Complete=1&_armrs=1&_ssn=cmdindustries9135

I have a hard time accepting that there is just no protection for these buyers. I understand all the reasons listed by everybody, but it just seems like it's a little bit too easy to scam stupid people. I'm just shocked there isn't some other safety net for them.

[quote name='Zaku77']I have a hard time accepting that there is just no protection for these buyers. I understand all the reasons listed by everybody, but it just seems like it's a little bit too easy to scam stupid people. I'm just shocked there isn't some other safety net for them.[/QUOTE]

ebay has enough of a safety net as it is. Their policies ridiculously over-favor buyers. In this instance, it is just buyers being stupid. ebay warns you about this kind of stuff if you read their terms.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, no kidding. And I feel like eBay could easily fix this issue by simply deleting anything with "tales of xillia" or any variation on that until it falls within their allowed window for pre-orders. But they don't. In the end, the scammer gets his money, eBay gets to keep theirs (since they don't have to issue refunds), and the buyer is screwed.

EDIT* It seems like with the number of Xillia CEs and TLS Post Pandemic Editions this guy is selling, he'd have been caught by now.
http://www.ebay.com/csc/Video-Games...LH_Complete=1&_armrs=1&_ssn=cmdindustries9135[/QUOTE]

I've been bitching about him for weeks. Everytime he would list a pandemic edition it would say last one. There's going to be a lot of sad people next month. I really hope he gets caught.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']ebay has enough of a safety net as it is. Their policies ridiculously over-favor buyers. In this instance, it is just buyers being stupid.[/QUOTE]
I could not agree with you more on this.

Buyers pretty much get away with ANYTHING on eBAY, except this.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']They could still file a police report. I don't know if that will do anything.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that would lead anywhere. The seller could just mark it as shipped and claim it got lost in the mail without a tracking number. There's certainly no laws broken there. :/

[quote name='Youngnoble']I've been bitching about him for weeks. Everytime he would list a pandemic edition it would say last one. There's going to be a lot of sad people next month. I really hope he gets caught.[/QUOTE]
I posted a message about this seller 2 weeks ago including his id, his profile history, paypals 45 day policy and the mod deleted my post...I guess you can't post an actual ebay username. Seems strange that the guy is selling so many copies of postpandemic, xillia ce, splintercell ce for retail price

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']They could still file a police report. I don't know if that will do anything.[/QUOTE]

It does nothing, I was scammed a while back on a "new" Panzer Dragoon Saga. I had amassed a ton of evidence against the seller, called his local police office, and they pretty much just shrugged it off.

The guy selling the Xillia CEs and Last of Us PPEs is going to get away with absolute murder. It really kills me that eBay provides no way for me to report a seller for this kind of shit. He's selling GTAV for $39.99 for god's sake.

I wonder if people complain to ebay if it will have any effect on the seller? It would have to be through a phone call, but I am curious if some note could be made or an investigation performed or whatever. Then again, with how big ebay is, that likely isn't even a possibility. :/

Why bother reporting it? No one here knows if this guy is getting these items at a discount or for free and is selling them. You suspect he is a fraud, but you don't know for sure.

Just let it be. At the end of the day it'll work itself out. Either he'll get caught robbing a massive amount of people(and yes, police reports in this instance will work if he steals a large amount of money). Or dumb people will get what is coming to them for being stupid.

I don't see the downside here.

I meant his--assumingly--scammed buyers. I certainly have nothing to report about because I did not buy from any of them, nor have I been scammed... lol

Similar discussion about ebay scammers earlier in this thread, mods delete most of them though, so I'm pretty sure they'll delete your post too.

These guys usually use a stolen account anyways. He'll withdraw the money and be gone. You can only hope he makes a mistake and gets caught inventually. People like him ruin it for honest seller's.

Nevermind, got the issue fixed. They took off all the shipping costs for both orders, very happy about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Why bother reporting it? No one here knows if this guy is getting these items at a discount or for free and is selling them. You suspect he is a fraud, but you don't know for sure.

Just let it be. At the end of the day it'll work itself out. Either he'll get caught robbing a massive amount of people(and yes, police reports in this instance will work if he steals a large amount of money). Or dumb people will get what is coming to them for being stupid.

I don't see the downside here.[/QUOTE]

What he's doing is against eBay ToS. Pre-sales are only allowed if it's within 30 days of release (I think some of his TLS pre-sales are ok in this case).
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html

I doubt eBay would enact such a policy if it wasn't a problem.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Similar discussion about ebay scammers earlier in this thread, mods delete most of them though, so I'm pretty sure they'll delete your post too.[/QUOTE]
The reason this case is unique is because it involves a person selling large amounts of a preorder for The Post-Pandemic CE which sold out in February. Since this has not been produced yet it cannot be a thief who stole product from a warehouse (which raises questions on why he is severely lowballing the price- if he is honest this can only be a lose money situation for him).

The seller is also violating ebay policy by selling many of these well before the 30 day must ship ebay rule (why is ebay letting him violate their rules?). Therefore the people who purchased this are not covered by ebay or paypal once this releases because there is a 45 day refund policy and by the time the preorder goes live those buyers are left with no options.

This is why this is an atypical so called "scam" and why so many of us are alarmed by this unusual case.

It's not about benefit of the doubt. These guys are absolutely scamming or money laundering in some ways. Namco-Bandai/Digital River is hard to get wholesale. When i say hard, i mean impossible. They are absolutely have a terrible business model and there's absolutely no way any guy with under 5,000 feedback has a wholesale line to negate the 10% Fees +min 2.2% paypal fees. I can guarantee with greater than 95% certainty that every seller under 115$ is a scammer. I would report them. I'd leave any TRPS with high feedback alone though. Yeah, they're violating TOS (playcanada, etc), but they're not screwing people. TOS is there to protect people, not be a Stalinist end all.

I don't know if it makes a difference but the guy in question has a picture of the european D1 edition which isn't the same contents as the Collector's Edition. It has no statue and a smaller book. I believe that version sells for the normal retail price of the game in Europe. But in his description he calls it the Collector's Edition NA version which is very misleading.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just ordered my 3rd lol. 2 at Amazon and one GS. I think ill cancel the GS and keep these 2[/QUOTE]
why do you need 2 at amazon?

[quote name='YBX87']why do you need 2 at amazon?[/QUOTE]

They screwed up the order so I got free 2 day shipping. My plan was always to get 2, and Amazon shipping is faster than GS

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just ordered my 3rd lol. 2 at Amazon and one GS. I think ill cancel the GS and keep these 2[/QUOTE]If you've got the money to spare, maybe you should keep the GS preorder as a backup in case one of the Amazon CEs arrive in less-than-perfect condition. You can always return the worst-condition one of the three to GS.

[quote name='Vigilante']If you've got the money to spare, maybe you should keep the GS preorder as a backup in case one of the Amazon CEs arrive in less-than-perfect condition. You can always return the worst-condition one of the three to GS.[/QUOTE]

Ah, yeah that's a plan too. I just get the nagging feeling my first Amazon order will get screwed over after the problems I had with CS.

The GS order just comes down to if their CS can change my address. If so ill keep it

[quote name='TooPoor']Buyers pretty much get away with ANYTHING on eBAY, except this.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct. Sellers can't even leave feedback anymore, and eBay always believes the buyer if there's a dispute. Honestly it blows my mind that eBay still even exists.

Thanks guys for bumping this i was finally able to get a preorder in, i though i had a ton of time then it went oos and i though i was going to have to get a normal edition.

Thanks for the heads up that it was back in stock! I signed up to be notified if it did and got nada...RAther buy from amazon as I have some Credit and it even comes out cheaper since no tax!

Thanks for the heads up everyone. Placed a pre-order for the LE after using the last of my credit and Crysis 3 $20 bonus to bring it down to $55 :). I'll probably cancel my GS pre-order now.

aw man, amazon is showing OOS right now. why did i delay pre-ordering this thing?!? :[

edit: gamestop too? kicking myself right now...

[quote name='Roukiske']aw man, amazon is showing OOS right now. why did i delay pre-ordering this thing?!? :[

edit: gamestop too? kicking myself right now...[/QUOTE]

i randomly stumbled onto it on amazon while looking for something else and pre-ordered lol

[quote name='TooPoor']Still 999+ left at Amazon. The eBay buyers must feel pretty silly by now.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not? I hope so....

I've got two on order to bolster my chances of getting a perfect one. I'll sell my spare at cost when I get it, so keep me in mind if you miss out on all the pre-orders. ;)

bread's done
Back