Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be back. Amazon and GS probably cut pre-orders based on preliminary numbers... I bet Namco will produce plenty of copies (or at least, there will be post release extras).

[quote name='shakespeare']Pre order is up on for xbox one amazon.uk 599.99GSP...wow. (900 usd)[/QUOTE]
Why is a listing created for something that doesn't exist...?

[quote name='SW4J']Why is a listing created for something that doesn't exist...?[/QUOTE]

What? Like the preorder for Tales of Xillia?

And they use that price to make sure they don't sell it below retail, since pricing hasn't be announced. It will be lowered after the price is announced.

That has everything but the statue and comes in a nicer, smaller box. That is awesome, and now I can cancel my CE orders! :D

[quote name='Zaku77']That has everything but the statue and comes in a nicer, smaller box. That is awesome, and now I can cancel my CE orders! :D[/QUOTE]
Doesn't have the artbook, it only has a "booklet".

[quote name='TooPoor']Doesn't have the artbook, it only has a "booklet".[/QUOTE]

The books look nearly identical. I also noticed that the wording of the soundtrack has changed between the picture for the CE vs the LE. The wording makes it sound like the LE has more on the soundtrack, which certainly can't be the case. We'll need to have the details confirmed, but I reckon they've just updated the wording of the bonus items.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Is this old news:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/30/tales-of-xillia-limited-edition-announced-for-u-s/

Limited edition coming for $59.99. All existing preorders should automatically be upgraded.[/QUOTE]

Nice! So first run copies will have extras. Comes with a Character Profile booklet, Music CD, 2 DLC costumes.

Music included is different (based on pictures): LE is 'Official Music CD' and the CE is 'Special Music Selection.' Hopefully the CE has more.

Also no word yet if the CE comes with DLC right?

Just got a cancel on pre-order of tales of Xillia from Namco Bandai store. Email says something about not having enough stock, lol.

This is round 2 of NNK

[quote name='RainFall']Just got a cancel on pre-order of tales of Xillia from Namco Bandai store. Email says something about not having enough stock, lol.

This is round 2 of NNK[/QUOTE]

Oh god...

It would be amazing if Namco, I mean Digital Rivers, massively short change gamestop and Amazon in stock. This would literally cause NNK shitstorm X 100.

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Nice! So first run copies will have extras. Comes with a Character Profile booklet, Music CD, 2 DLC costumes.

Music included is different (based on pictures): LE is 'Official Music CD' and the CE is 'Special Music Selection.' Hopefully the CE has more.

Also no word yet if the CE comes with DLC right?[/QUOTE]
My intuition is that the music CD will turn out to be identical (no reason for them to differentiate, they have the mask for the CE CD already), but the booklet will not be the same as the artbook. The artbook would be too big for normal packaging, and the LE will be the same size as Persona 4 Arena/KOF XIII, the music CD will be simply wrapped with the game in a paper sleeve, and the booklet is nothing but a glorified insert.

I will keep my preorders at GS and Amazon for now and see what happens.

It already shows that it will be in a little box, so there's no reason they can't put a nice little artbook in there. They do need to clarify, though.

“The costumes, character profile booklet and music cd are exclusive to the Limited Edition, while the Milla Maxwell figure, art book and music selection CD are exclusive to the Collector’s Edition.”

Bah, that's kinda bull that the CE won't get the 2 costumes. I everything in 1 should be in the higher tier as well.

So pay nothing more than msrp, get extras...or pay more and get excluded?

I'll hang on to my Amazon CE preorder, but I'll probably cancel over this brouhaha. Didn't Namco know from grade school that you're supposed to bring enough for everybody?

[quote name='PrinnyJ']“The costumes, character profile booklet and music cd are exclusive to the Limited Edition, while the Milla Maxwell figure, art book and music selection CD are exclusive to the Collector’s Edition.”

Bah, that's kinda bull that the CE won't get the 2 costumes. I everything in 1 should be in the higher tier as well.[/QUOTE]
*facepalm* for namco.

At the very least, I think we should ask Namco via Facebook and/or Twitter whether the DLC truly is exclusive to the LE, and complain if it is.

...Not that they'll listen, but we might as well try, right?

[quote name='ColdBrew']What? Like the preorder for Tales of Xillia?

And they use that price to make sure they don't sell it below retail, since pricing hasn't be announced. It will be lowered after the price is announced.[/QUOTE]

When was a 360 version announced at all?

Siliconera updated their article with an email they received from Bamco:

"The costumes, character profile booklet and music cd are exclusive to the Limited Edition, while the Milla Maxwell figure, art book and music selection CD are exclusive to the Collector’s Edition."

So the DLC costumes look to be limited edition only. I'm going to cancel my collector's edition. I'd rather save the $40 and get the DLC. I'm not big on physical commodities with no practical value like the figurine.

I think I might keep my CE sealed and pick up a Limited Edition for the DLC but it's a real shame that they couldn't just include the DLC in the CE.

So is the character book in the limited edition different from the art book in the collectors edition? Same question for the CD?

GameStop has already updated their regular version to LE.
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/tales-of-xillia-limited-edition/107704

Seriously hope the Bamco rep who did the email was wrong/misinformed. It's ridiculous that the LE gets DLC and full music cd, while the CE gets no DLC and select music.

People on neogaf & tales forum are saying that the pre-order DLC costumes will most likely never be available through PSN just like the Tales of Graces pre-order ones. So yeah, that'll really suck!

Going instore to GS tomorow and pre-ordering the Limited Edition. Still going to keep my 2 CE orders for the time being just incase they do add the DLC and whatnot.

[quote name='Domo7']So is the character book in the limited edition different from the art book in the collectors edition? Same question for the CD?[/QUOTE]

Character booklet and Artbook are definitely different. CD is most likely different too.

[quote name='NaiveCynic']
So the DLC costumes look to be limited edition only. I'm going to cancel my collector's edition. I'd rather save the $40 and get the DLC. I'm not big on physical commodities with no practical value like the figurine.[/QUOTE]

Glad to know I'm not the only one doing this. Really sleazy move my Namco to try and get more sales.

If Namco goes through with this, it wouldn't be the first time they screwed people over... they had the whole fiasco with the Dark Souls upgrade and the Ni No WE (though it wasn't their fault, their name took a beating).

I hope they back down though, with enough pressure.

What LE gets the dlc while the CE doesnt? That sucks! We'll have to wait and see. The release wont be until aug so namco can still make good with the CE. Hope they give CE preorder more dlc items

Well, shoot. Now I don't know what to do. I think it's funny that their solution to the problem of people being upset that they were not able to get the Special Edition, is to upset the people that did.

I'm not really that upset about it, although I might change my tune if it's true that the new version comes with a full soundtrack and the Special Edition doesn't. For now I don't intend on cancelling my Special Edition, but I'll need more info before deciding whether or not to also buy the Limited Edition.

Wow, I might actually cancel the CE and go with the limited edition to save a bit and get the DLC. Thats kind of bullshit that they are doing it this way though.....

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Well, shoot. Now I don't know what to do. I think it's funny that their solution to the problem of people being upset that they were not able to get the Special Edition, is to upset the people that did.

I'm not really that upset about it, although I might change my tune if it's true that the new version comes with a full soundtrack and the Special Edition doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, full soundtrack versus partial is the thing that'll determine which version I get.

[quote name='NaiveCynic']Siliconera updated their article with an email they received from Bamco:

"The costumes, character profile booklet and music cd are exclusive to the Limited Edition, while the Milla Maxwell figure, art book and music selection CD are exclusive to the Collector’s Edition."

So the DLC costumes look to be limited edition only. I'm going to cancel my collector's edition. I'd rather save the $40 and get the DLC. I'm not big on physical commodities with no practical value like the figurine.[/QUOTE]
My opinion on value of physical values and DLC are exactly the opposite of yours. Figures I can display, given enough time it will become valuable. DLC I have no use for.

Now I will need a CE to keep sealed, a CE to display, and a LE for the different booklet and CD. Will just sell the DLC. God damn it.

[quote name='TooPoor']My opinion on value of physical values and DLC are exactly the opposite of yours. Figures I can display, given enough time it will become valuable. DLC I have no use for.

Now I will need a CE to keep sealed, a CE to display, and a LE for the different booklet and CD. Will just sell the DLC. God damn it.[/QUOTE]

I can respect that. Different stroke for different folks and what not. I mostly pre-ordered the collector's edition to support the game and put my money where my mouth is to encourage Bamco to localize more Tales games. The extra collectible stuff to me was more or less useless knick knacks I'd stuff in the closet (aside from the music CD, which I'd rip first and then stuff in the closet). I'm a sucker for exclusive DLC, though, so the limited edition holds more value to me.

I don't like getting extorted, though, so I'm not going to buy both.

I know people hate talk of flipping around here, but the CE has been up for pleeenty of time to prevent whining. Multiple sites stocked and restocked and had them up for weeks. With that said, flipping is a good way to recoup some of the costs if you want both.

You buy one LE and two CE's. You most likely will be able to sell an extra CE for the price of the other two combined and break even. Essentially only paying for one CE.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']I think I might keep my CE sealed and pick up a Limited Edition for the DLC but it's a real shame that they couldn't just include the DLC in the CE.[/QUOTE]

this is Bandai Namco we're talking about here, the King and Queen of paid add-on DLC.

So is the regular one listed on Amazon being bumped to a LE for the release? Or is it only Gamestop?

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I know people hate talk of flipping around here, but the CE has been up for pleeenty of time to prevent whining. Multiple sites stocked and restocked and had them up for weeks. With that said, flipping is a good way to recoup some of the costs if you want both.

You buy one LE and two CE's. You most likely will be able to sell an extra CE for the price of the other two combined and break even. Essentially only paying for one CE.[/QUOTE]
Though I don't intend to flip, I do see ebay listing it as $129.99, with $15 shipping, which nets you sub $20. The price for it is really low now.

[quote name='Wetrix']So is the regular one listed on Amazon being bumped to a LE for the release? Or is it only Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

^^ This.

[quote name='TooPoor']Though I don't intend to flip, I do see ebay listing it as $129.99, with $15 shipping, which nets you sub $20. The price for it is really low now.[/QUOTE]

It'll go up. People listing it now are idiots anyway. It is against ebay policy.

Well I'm happy that the standard edition I have ordered will net me some extra stuff, it does suck for people who got the Collectors Edition if they don't get the DLC though.

I dont understand the big deal here. Am I missing something? Its 2 DLC costumes. Meaningless DLC. It isnt a new character or new missions or anything like that, its 2 costumes most people wouldnt spend $2 on if it was just stuck on the PSN.

bread's done
Back