Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ill just be keeping my CE preorder. im not planning on buying DLCs for this game since i bet they will be a ton. i just want physical/tangible bonuses which i can look/display at even after i finished playing the game.

*miss the time when games are released 100% complete, no DLCs and new costumes and new content are rewarded by playing the game not by paying more for the game.

[quote name='Tsukinikawatte']You guys do know in Japan the limited editions for these were 250.

Xillia 1 famitsu pack was at 250 at the time. But it came with much more and there were multiple versions. Whatever was in the famitsu pack wasn't in the ps3 pack.

FAMITSU DX PACK
Famitsu-DX-set.jpg

Playstation 3 Xillia PACK
main.php

Tales of Xillia Kyun Character PACK
Picture1304.jpg

Tales of Xillia 2 Famitsu PACK
tales-xillia-2-famitsu-dx-pack-areky-1211-16-AReKy@1.jpg

Tales of Xillia 2 PS3 remote PACK
ps3-tales-of-xillia-2-dual-shock-3-limited-edition.jpg

Tales of Xillia 2 Kyun Character PACK
tales-of-xillia-2-kyun-chara-lalabit-limited-edition-limited-ps3-en.jpg

I chose the famitsu pack for Xillia 1/2 because the plushies of the mascot characters Lulu and Tipo go for 100+ alone and are hard to find. One I got from Dv8 as he won it in a lottery from famitsu as they are online through the online store lalabit market. The Kyun character packs have nendos along with calendars and a large novel to encase everything. The last version has a dualshock for xillia 2 that matches the Xillia ps3.

I get what you guys are saying, but hey... at least there aren't VERY different editions. Having to shell out 200 for the kyun character pack, 250 for the famitsu, and 120 for the remote pack let alone the ps3 is a big deal. I ordered the CE too, but to me maybe I should pass and get those Kyun Character packs instead as most of the JP LEs are nicer neway.

Multiple versions for Tales of bundles isn't new to namco, what should be surprising is that there's only two editions for the US release.

P.S. The hardest decision would be the DLC as they don't list pre-order DLC on the psn store at a later date ever for a Tales games. The costumes come with remade theme songs, so it isn't just a re-skin you get battle music too. The full ost is four discs so if namco usa says you get the OST and its one disc, that isn't possible. I hope the info I have helps others make a decision.[/QUOTE]

thanks for sharing, for me it more the issue like how people hate dlc nickel an dime you. i hate trying show support for something you love an they split it 5 ways too Sunday too profit.

if you want make merchandise too sell that fine, throw it all on a store. but don't make 5 version of a game, with limited items an say what the problem, as it show they don't really care about you, it how much will you give me for this.

The DLC is NOT going to be on the Psn store guys. The pre-order costumes are never put on the store for Tales pre-orders. I just want to stress that again.

That aside. IDK which version I want should I even order a copy at all because I already imported them. Even with Graces f, I had already done so. I really hadn't expected them to localize Tales games since it had been a long time. But now with all of them coming over I'm tempted.

Limited Edition is now shown on Amazon. I don't think I saw anyone post this unless I'm blind, which might definitely be the case. If so, ignore me! :drool:

[quote name='Refluxx']Limited Edition is now shown on Amazon. I don't think I saw anyone post this unless I'm blind, which might definitely be the case. If so, ignore me! :drool:[/QUOTE]Um...where? I don't see an explicit Limited Edition page and there's nothing stated on the page for the regular version of ToX. :???:

[quote name='Vigilante']Um...where? I don't see an explicit Limited Edition page and there's nothing stated on the page for the regular version of ToX. :???:[/QUOTE]
The game box picture says limited edition on the bottom, but you're right that nothing on Amazon itself says that yet.

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']The game box picture says limited edition on the bottom, but you're right that nothing on Amazon itself says that yet.[/QUOTE]Thanks, I missed that.

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']The game box picture says limited edition on the bottom, but you're right that nothing on Amazon itself says that yet.[/QUOTE]

Your right, I was just going on the fact that they changed the picture. Hopefully they update the page to verify it though.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Wow Namco, you guys just love debacles. Now i want to cancel my CE all together and just wait for the game to fall in price all together or perhaps buy it used.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly my reaction right now. I currently have no summer job, so I'll be pretty low on funds for the next 2~3 months. I might just cancel my CE pre-order and wait for a future price drop for the Limited "First Print" Edition.

If any of you want an objective analysis of this based on value, Xillia CE won't be like NNK:Wizards US. It will be more like NNK: Wizards UK in terms of value.

[quote name='RainFall']If any of you want an objective analysis of this based on value, Xillia CE won't be like NNK:Wizards US. It will be more like NNK: Wizards UK in terms of value.[/QUOTE]

Considering you have no idea how many copies are being printed and how many will actually be purchased once the LE vs. CE thing shakes out, your opinion right now is pretty useless. The only objective analysis of the value will come once the game is released and copies start to be resold in the aftermarket.

# of copies printed versus actual demand for this version of the game are two different variables.

There are plenty of very rare games, but not worth anything due to having little to no demand. Something is only worth what another is willing to pay.

They could print 1 of these. If no one wants it is literally worthless.

[quote name='b3b0p']# of copies printed versus actual demand for this version of the game are two different variables.

There are plenty of very rare games, but not worth anything due to having little to no demand. Something is only worth what another is willing to pay.

They could print 1 of these. If no one wants it is literally worthless.[/QUOTE]

Correct. That's why I mentioned both the number printed (supply) and the number purchased (initial demand), as well as the resale value (i.e. what this thing resells for based on the number of copies available and the number of people who want it). That was my point. This guy has zero idea whether this thing will be valuable and calling his opinion "objective" is a joke.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Again, neither of the included soundtrack CDs is a full soundtrack. The full soundtrack would be multiple discs. As for which is better, there's no indication yet as to which CD will have more tracks than the other.[/QUOTE]
Whether they're complete soundtracks or not, doesn't make a whole lot of difference. If there's 5 songs in the Collector's Edition, and 25+ (or whatever would fill an entire CD from the soundtrack) in the Limited Edition, I'd think people would be justly irritated.

I know I'm a sucker, but I just preordered both to make sure. I preordered the standard at GS so if it turns out I don't need it, I can just cancel.

The CE actually went in my Goldbox one day, so I ordered 3 of them for $94.99, and there is no tax in my state so I can live with that.

So the Collectors Edition is now available at BBY.

Seems like the scarcity of this might be a bit blown out of proportion. It's getting kinda hard to justify the CE more and more...

I have the collector's edition preordered and am thinking about just switching over to the limited edition. Unless ToS HD is $60, I could just use the remaining $40 to buy that or pay most of it off. Considering the DLC codes for the alternate costumes will never be on the PS store, I could probably sell that for about $15-20 too.

That would make it about $42-47 as opposed to $100 plus tax.

Is there any more news about if amazon is offering the limited edition/dlc code yet? I know it says limited edition in the pic, but there's nothing about it written on the page. They have it in my gold box today, so I put in a preorder, just in case.

There's still two more months to consider the cancellation, going to preorder a LE and two CEs.

I agree the scarcity of this has been exaggerated, if it still will not sell out before release, probably it can see a sale.

There's still two more months to consider the cancellation, going to preorder a LE and two CEs.

I agree the scarcity of this has been exaggerated, if it still will not sell out before release, probably it can see a sale.
I agree... just about EVERY site has had this listed for long periods of time. Gamestop, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy... Some sites have it taken down of course, but keep listing it for sale again.

I have the CE preordered at gamestop and have $72 down on it. I'm thinking about cancelling my preorder, buying 2-3 amazon gift cards and getting the regular edition for $55 on amazon. xD Gamestop will hate me, but eh.

So I have the CE ordered, and I am not a heinous human being so I don't pick up multiple to resell them on ebay, because really, only the scum of the gaming community do that.

That said. Has it been made clear what the differences are? Are the CD's the same? Does all the same content from the character pamphlet come in the larger artbook? Does the CE get the DLC? Namco's typical bungling of Collector's editions conitnues I see.....

lol @ likening a heinous human being to someone who strategically hedges on games to make a profit and make money. Yes, how heinous of them. How dare someone try to legally put some extra money in their pocket so they can afford more games or something like that.

Get over yourself.

As for your questions, the CE doesn't get the DLC as of right now. Nothing else is clear other than the music CD and books are different.

lol @ likening a heinous human being to someone who strategically hedges on games to make a profit and make money. Yes, how heinous of them. How dare someone try to legally put some extra money in their pocket so they can afford more games or something like that.

Get over yourself.

As for your questions, the CE doesn't get the DLC as of right now. Nothing else is clear other than the music CD and books are different.
The response by users over at the Namco forums has been pretty neutral... I'm amazed by how some of their fans like getting screwed. I don't understand how anyone thinks it's rational to give a bonus item to one edition and not the other, and also give the cheaper version a better soundtrack. If the LE is an incentive to get people to pre-order, then what does it hurt to give those bonuses to people who have already pre-ordered the more expensive version?

They didn't give in to the flak from Dark Souls CE and Ni No WE (though they give people a free guide, more or less because of DR) fiascos, so I doubt they'll give in here.

Still though, TooPoor is right... I have two months to decide.

So I have the CE ordered, and I am not a heinous human being so I don't pick up multiple to resell them on ebay, because really, only the scum of the gaming community do that.

That said. Has it been made clear what the differences are? Are the CD's the same? Does all the same content from the character pamphlet come in the larger artbook? Does the CE get the DLC? Namco's typical bungling of Collector's editions conitnues I see.....
Not everyone resells lol. I had 3, 1 as a safety net incase one of the figures was damaged, one to keep, and one to open.

If you missed on the huge preorder period its your own damn fault.

And I agree Vinny. The fanbase makes me sad, the majority are sheeple lol. I love the series, but im not going to get screwed willingly to support it

Just got a press release from Namco Bandai clarifying a few things.

• The CE will include the LE DLC
  • The music CD is the same for both the CE and the LE.
  • The art book is exclusive to the CE.
  • The "character profile booklet" is exclusive to the LE.
In summary, the only difference between the two version is the statue and the art book/booklet (and of course the packaging).

This solidifies my decision to downgrade to the LE, since I was least excited about the statue anyway. The only thing I'll miss is the art book, which maybe I can snag separately.

Here's the excerpt from the press release:

Fans can currently pre-order the recently announced TALES OF XILLIA Collector’s Edition for a MSRP of $99.99 or day-one Limited Edition for a MSRP of $59.99.  The TALES OF XILLIA Collector’s Edition comes with a DLC voucher that includes the Classic TALES OF Costume Pack which was announced with the TALES OF XILLIA Limited Edition package.  The TALES OF XILLIA music CD will also be shared across both the TALES OF XILLIA Collector’s and Limited Editions.  A limited edition Milla Maxwell statue and TALES OF XILLIA art book are exclusive to the TALES OF XILLIA Collector’s Edition.  The TALES OF XILLIA Limited Edition is limited to all first-run copies of the game and comes with an exclusive character profile booklet. 

In summary, the only difference between the two version is the statue and the art book/booklet (and of course the packaging).

This solidifies my decision to downgrade to the LE, since I was least excited about the statue anyway. The only thing I'll miss is the art book, which maybe I can snag separately.

Fans can currently pre-order the recently announced TALES OF XILLIA Collector’s Edition for a MSRP of $99.99 or day-one Limited Edition for a MSRP of $59.99. The TALES OF XILLIA Collector’s Edition comes with a DLC voucher that includes the Classic TALES OF Costume Pack which was announced with the TALES OF XILLIA Limited Edition package. The TALES OF XILLIA music CD will also be shared across both the TALES OF XILLIA Collector’s and Limited Editions. A limited edition Milla Maxwell statue and TALES OF XILLIA art book are exclusive to the TALES OF XILLIA Collector’s Edition. The TALES OF XILLIA Limited Edition is limited to all first-run copies of the game and comes with an exclusive character profile booklet.
I'm SLIGHTLY confused. Does that mean that ONLY the Collector's Edition is getting the DLC now, or that both the Collector's Edition AND Limited Edition are getting the DLC voucher?

Fans can currently pre-order the recently announced TALES OF XILLIA Collector’s Edition for a MSRP of $99.99 or day-one Limited Edition for a MSRP of $59.99. The TALES OF XILLIA Collector’s Edition comes with a DLC voucher that includes the Classic TALES OF Costume Pack which was announced with the TALES OF XILLIA Limited Edition package. The TALES OF XILLIA music CD will also be shared across both the TALES OF XILLIA Collector’s and Limited Editions. A limited edition Milla Maxwell statue and TALES OF XILLIA art book are exclusive to the TALES OF XILLIA Collector’s Edition. The TALES OF XILLIA Limited Edition is limited to all first-run copies of the game and comes with an exclusive character profile booklet.
I'm SLIGHTLY confused. Does that mean that ONLY the Collector's Edition is getting the DLC now, or that both the Collector's Edition AND Limited Edition are getting the DLC voucher?
I read it as, both versions are getting the same DLC voucher.

Well, I didn't think they would resolve this issue but they did. Color me surprised, but I'm glad they're giving the bonuses to the CE.

Lol, gotta love the super emotional fanboy meltdown.

I'm glad they clarified.  I don't care that much about the figure (Milla's not my favorite, but I like figures in general), but I'm looking forward to having a nice Tales artbook, so I'm definitely keeping my CE order.

I think the collector's edition may be available from PlayAsia too... I got an e-mail about the CE being in English earlier. I didn't really read into it, but I think that was pretty much the gist of the message. xD

Wow! Forget that! They want $200 for it! Plus they'll probably charge outrageous shipping.

Thanks for the info!

GameStop has indeed updated their CE page and says it includes:

• The Game
  • Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
  • 100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
  • Tales of Xillia Original soundtrack of the game
  • Classic Tales of Costume DLC
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/tales-of-xillia-collectors-edition/109114

Great that they clarified that. I was just about to pre-order the LE as well. Now I'm just keeping my CE.

'Thank you for clarifying this. A lot of us were wondering what was going on with this. I will be keeping my CE order then. :)

Cheers!

Anyone that still wants a copy of the Collector's Edition can get it at Deep Discount. In stock at $95.27, free shipping.

Anyone that still wants a copy of the Collector's Edition can get it at Deep Discount. In stock at $95.27, free shipping.
Whether or not you will actually get it from DD is debatable. :whistle2:|
This, stay away from DD, they are horrible.
They are horrible, but I lucked out one time pre-ordered Diablo 3 Collector's edition when everyone was sold out. A few days after release I got the game in the mail.

Another time I cancelled an order and they still sent the game anyways(still charged for the game).

bread's done
Back