Tales of Xillia(PS3) up for pre-order at Gamestop

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I saw the title/thread, hoping there was a pre-order bonus. Not yet, here's to hoping there will be one![/QUOTE]

Should have DLC costumes like Tales of Graces

there's no local co-op because of the link system. NPCs do certain things depending on the conditions you pulled when you are linked specifically to them. it works well, but also makes the game easier than past Tales of games.

I recommend Xilia 1 though, it was a good game a different flow of Tales... the way I describe the game is FFX of Tales of... in many ways, it's similar (difference wise).

[quote name='djricekcn']there's no local co-op because of the link system. NPCs do certain things depending on the conditions you pulled when you are linked specifically to them. it works well, but also makes the game easier than past Tales of games.

I recommend Xilia 1 though, it was a good game a different flow of Tales... the way I describe the game is FFX of Tales of... in many ways, it's similar (difference wise).[/QUOTE]
Your conclusions contradict with previous posters, which is why this local co op issue is very confusing to me as of now.:cold:

Well, I have the Japanese one...looked at the cover and it says 1 Player only on it. Xilia 2 says 1 (1-4 during battle)

Personally, I never tried multiplayer directly so I was judging by what the back cover was written. if i am wrong (since I never checked myself directly) i appologize

[quote name='ohscaryone']I think I am done with Gamestop for good after last week. I picked up my ni no kuni preorder from them on Tuesday and had the sales guy try to keep my steelbook until I finally reminded him it came with that steelbook that was right next to the game when he pulled it out of the drawer then he informed me for an extra $3 they would guarantee my game in the event it didn't work when I got home. So now we have to pay an insurance fee so that they will stand behind the product they sell? Forget that.[/QUOTE]

The reason for him trying to keep your steelbook is most likely they didnt get enough to cover all the preorders. The gamestop i used to be a manager in had to do this a lot. The policy was if someone "forgot" to ask for their steelbook/extra pre order items they werent offered, and if they came back later, it was too late because we ran out making it the customers fault for not asking.

When corporate dont send enough items to guarantee what they offer its the stores that have to face angry people. The Witcher 2 keychains were a prime example. We had 42 pre orders, each was going to get a chain. We had 15 chains delivered. We were told to only give them out on pickup of the game if asked. This is one reason i no longer work there. Its bullshit that a company you work had for dont care about you and wont back you up. When customers complained on their receipts about not getting items, the managers got punished, like we could make keychains appear out of our ass.

I've never used the multiplayer, so that doesn't matter to me. This looks to be another very high quality Tales game. I can't wait to sink a good 130 or so hours into it! :D

[quote name='bshirk']Wha? No more local co-op in Tales? Lame.[/QUOTE]
Who actually plays these games in MP?

I will be buying Xillia ASAP

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']A note to all Tales fan. NB said that they looking at Xillia sales to see whether they should continue publishing the series outside of Japan. So if this one doesn't sell well it could mean the end of the Tales series in NA/EU.[/QUOTE]

Are you fucking serious?

God damn it I guess Graces F must not have done as well as I'd hoped if this is true... and if it happens not even XSEED could probably convince them to let them bring games over.

Honestly, they missed their biggest opportunities early in the PSP lifecycle and during the PS2's lifecycle for Tales to really shine in the west.

Now days most tales games are a generation behind technologically/graphically. So that doesn't help.
Hell, even FFXII has better texturing than Xillia does. And that's a PS2 game...

[quote name='JCrichton']He was mistaken.[/QUOTE]

Well NB did say that but it seems like we should take it with a grain of salt since they said the same thing with Grace F.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Well NB did say that but it seems like we should take it with a grain of salt since they said the same thing with Grace F.[/QUOTE]
Until there is some kind of official word I'm not going to worry one bit. There is now a track record with the last few Tales games released in the US of selling well and there has been a very public push to keep the localizations coming.

[quote name='62t']Should have DLC costumes like Tales of Graces[/QUOTE]

That would be nice. A soundtrack or some other physical item would also be nice.

Never played a tales game until a month ago when I picked up graces, and I am in love with the series. I enjoyed the game so much that I platinumed it, and I usually don't do that especially when it took around 80 hours to do. Anyway already snagged Vesperia, and when I heard Ni No was similar snagged it and playing it now. I will then play Vesperia. Xilla is a day 1 purchase for me, but defo not from gamestop. But still appreciate the heads up, thanks op!

[quote name='aaronrodgers']What's the pre-order bonus for this?[/QUOTE]

Assuming it's similar to the Japanese version (like Graces was), it'll be a Cress costume for Jude and a Stahn costume for Milla (both costumes include hair styles (you can switch costumes and hair in Xillia, the hair isn't dependent on the costume anymore) and there's at least one attachment (sheathed sword on hip)), and possibly one of those PS3 themes that rotates through the 6 characters.

[quote name='mbrown3']As soon as I read this, I thought, "I wonder how long it will be until some wet blanket comes in and complains about this being the deal thread." Turns out, just two replies. I, for one, appreciated the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Maybe follow sites like ign.com or gamespot.com so you can keep up with new releases? We are starting to see too many announcements of new games. Should I put a thread if a new Dora game comes out? How do we determine what is worth posting or not?

[quote name='oasisboy']Maybe follow sites like ign.com or gamespot.com so you can keep up with new releases? We are starting to see too many announcements of new games. Should I put a thread if a new Dora game comes out? How do we determine what is worth posting or not?[/QUOTE]

I agree, do we need a new thread for every game coming out?

OP even says "not a deal" in the first post.

[quote name='MrBonk']Who actually plays these games in MP?

I will be buying Xillia ASAP

Are you fucking serious?

God damn it I guess Graces F must not have done as well as I'd hoped if this is true... and if it happens not even XSEED could probably convince them to let them bring games over.

Honestly, they missed their biggest opportunities early in the PSP lifecycle and during the PS2's lifecycle for Tales to really shine in the west.

Now days most tales games are a generation behind technologically/graphically. So that doesn't help.
Hell, even FFXII has better texturing than Xillia does. And that's a PS2 game...[/QUOTE]

No other publisher could get the rights to publish Tales games. Tales games are developed in house byTales studio within Namco Bandai Japan. So in essence if they don't bring them stateside themselves they wouldn't just let another publish do so without a pretty penny.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']A note to all Tales fan. NB said that they looking at Xillia sales to see whether they should continue publishing the series outside of Japan. So if this one doesn't sell well it could mean the end of the Tales series in NA/EU.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they should stop making shitty Tales games.

Booj, I have to stop you there. Tales of Xillia isn't your typical Tales of game. Even tales of xillia 2 has a cero c rating which is the equivalent to an M rating here. These two games are a big departure from your regular Tales games. They are well above your average save the world typical power of friendship stuff.

[quote name='Tsukinikawatte']Booj, I have to stop you there. Tales of Xillia isn't your typical Tales of game. Even tales of xillia 2 has a cero c rating which is the equivalent to an M rating here. These two games are a big departure from your regular Tales games. They are well above your average save the world typical power of friendship stuff.[/QUOTE]

Cero C is 15+, you must be thinking of Cero D which is 17+.

Also, both are still pretty much your standard Tales games storywise. They do make advancements in game mechanics like the Xilla 2 protagonist being silent for the most part and having choices and multiple endings.

I've been accumulating GameStop gift cards for awhile now. Might have to use one towards this game. But I'll wait until there's an actual release date announced.

[quote name='oasisboy']Maybe follow sites like ign.com or gamespot.com so you can keep up with new releases? We are starting to see too many announcements of new games. Should I put a thread if a new Dora game comes out? How do we determine what is worth posting or not?[/QUOTE]

Those are actually my two go-to sites for news (though not for reviews). But, last I checked, they didn't post things like, "X game is now up for order at Gamestop". Give me a break. Let the poster decide what's worth posting. If the rest of the community disagree, that will be stopped pretty quickly. In this case, it seems like there are just a couple that DON'T appreciate this kind of heads up. And my earlier point still stands...why not just ignore these threads?

[quote name='morrodox']I've been accumulating GameStop gift cards for awhile now. Might have to use one towards this game. But I'll wait until there's an actual release date announced.[/QUOTE]
I was at a GS last week and the worker was really pushing me to pre-order titles. He gave me a list of PS3 games coming out and Xillia was listed as 7/2, but he wouldn't say if that was a solid release date. FWIW.

[quote name='MrBonk']Following IGN or Gamespot for any reason is a foolish choice.

You are better off following sites like

www.dualshockers.com
http://www.the-magicbox.com/
http://www.eurogamer.net/ (with a grain of salt)
http://www.allgamesbeta.com/

(Feel free to add others that are not IGN and GS)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, yeah, GS and IGN are too commercial, blah blah blah. The truth is, though, they're almost always on top of news first or darn close to first. I don't care about all the other stuff.

[quote name='MrBonk']Following IGN or Gamespot for any reason is a foolish choice.

You are better off following sites like

www.dualshockers.com
http://www.the-magicbox.com/
http://www.eurogamer.net/ (with a grain of salt)
http://www.allgamesbeta.com/

(Feel free to add others that are not IGN and GS)[/QUOTE]
What bothers me is that IGN and GS get criticism for selling ad space. But so do all these smaller sites. And those smaller sites are infamous for throwing out high or low ratings just to get hits. I'd rather trust a site that gets it's news first hand and has non-review stories that I'm actually interested in.

i for one aprpeciate this thread. i also want to know when the new dora game is coming out thank you very much. for some reason sites like IGN and gamestop don't have info on i guess because it isn't cool like COD. but Dora is my game of the year.

on another note does anyone have a release date??? or know if this is limited preorders?

[quote name='MrBonk']Who actually plays these games in MP?
[/QUOTE]
If your girlfriend/wife is a fan of the series, or just a fan of anime in general, it's a perfect experience.

In Graces F the combat become much more dynamic with two human players (that is why I am asking if Xillia supports that anymore or not), enabling you and your girl to tackle much more difficult challenges. The characters and dialogue is cute enough to keep her entertained. And both of you will experience the depth of the characters and have your own favorites, laugh and (figuratively) cry together as the story goes along.

I highly recommend you trying it with local co op.

[quote name='TooPoor']In Graces F the combat become much more dynamic with two human players (that is why I am asking if Xillia supports that anymore or not), enabling you and your girl to tackle much more difficult challenges.[/QUOTE]

I think that depends on the difficulty you play it on, and the skill level of you and said GF. If the skill levels are vastly different, one will either be bored to tears, or the other one struggling to survive fights.

[quote name='TooPoor']If your girlfriend/wife is a fan of the series, or just a fan of anime in general, it's a perfect experience.

In Graces F the combat become much more dynamic with two human players (that is why I am asking if Xillia supports that anymore or not), enabling you and your girl to tackle much more difficult challenges. The characters and dialogue is cute enough to keep her entertained. And both of you will experience the depth of the characters and have your own favorites, laugh and (figuratively) cry together as the story goes along.

I highly recommend you trying it with local co op.[/QUOTE]

In college, some friends and I played through symphonia 4 player. It was awesome and tons of fun. I loved that each character had its own play style and they combined in different days to allow everyone to feel like they were helping.

[quote name='elessar123']I think that depends on the difficulty you play it on, and the skill level of you and said GF. If the skill levels are vastly different, one will either be bored to tears, or the other one struggling to survive fights.[/QUOTE]
Yep, a basic strategy for Graces F though: if your GF is not a good player, then use Malik and use long-rang support artes. Middle ranged GF can use Hubert and engage in mid-distance and engage when necessary. My wife used Hubert because she absolutely adores him :D

[quote name='TooPoor']Yep, a basic strategy for Graces F though: if your GF is not a good player, then use Malik and use long-rang support artes. Middle ranged GF can use Hubert and engage in mid-distance and engage when necessary. My wife used Hubert because she absolutely adores him :D[/QUOTE]

Might do a playthrough 3 on nightmare. Still not sure if GF can handle it, even with Malik. Might use Cheria myself, since I played as Asbel and Sophie for the first 2.

My first Tales game was Vesperia and I have since played Graces f and Xillia and I honestly wouldn't be enjoying them so much without the multiplayer :) Sure, the multiplayer is only in combat, but if your friends / family enjoy the story, it makes for a fun experience :) They are great on their own, but it's always more fun with 2+ people!

My wife and I have enjoyed MP in the Tales games. If it's possible to keep it around that would be great. We didn't play through either game completely together but we'd absolutely jump in on each other's playthroughs from time to time and have some fun.

This will be a day one buy for me. I wish my GF would play video games with me. The closest I have gotten with her playing video game is angry birds on the iPad. But hey we all have to start somewhere.

[quote name='Usarocker']This will be a day one buy for me. I wish my GF would play video games with me. The closest I have gotten with her playing video game is angry birds on the iPad. But hey we all have to start somewhere.[/QUOTE]
I love that I get to play VGs with my wife but there are plenty of other things to do with your SO that are well deserving of time spent. That's really the important thing. :)

[quote name='JCrichton']I love that I get to play VGs with my wife but there are plenty of other things to do with your SO that are well deserving of time spent. That's really the important thing. :)[/QUOTE]

That's great for ~30mins (not sure how good you are and really don't want to know) out of your day but what about the other 23 hours and 30mins.

[quote name='Woocls']That's great for ~30mins (not sure how good you are and really don't want to know) out of your day but what about the other 23 hours and 30mins.[/QUOTE]
Well, there are other things besides that, too. :)

[quote name='JCrichton']I love that I get to play VGs with my wife but there are plenty of other things to do with your SO that are well deserving of time spent. That's really the important thing. :)[/QUOTE]

Like what, sec break in between farming Hyperion and Master Gee...?

Afk!

[quote name='elessar123']Like what, sec break in between farming Hyperion and Master Gee...?

Afk![/QUOTE]
One second sounds a little short.

;)

bread's done
Back