Tales of Xillia(PS3) up for pre-order at Gamestop

Huge fan of the Tales series, I'll gladly pick this up day 1. Did the same with Graces f and I don't regret it one bit. Almost guranteed we won't see any LEs or physical pre-order bonuses, and as much as I'm not a fan of digital pre-order bonuses, hopefully it will come with at least costumes or item/weapon packs.

ah great news.. jesus this reminds me i still havent played... ummm.. whatever the one after Vesperia was. Have a couple copies but havent opened or played either one. I guess i better get on that

I hear great things about Xillia. Supposedly its one of the best ones in the series. I havent seen any pre-order bonus's yet. Are any planned or is it better to just get an order in now?

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']A note to all Tales fan. NB said that they looking at Xillia sales to see whether they should continue publishing the series outside of Japan. So if this one doesn't sell well it could mean the end of the Tales series in NA/EU.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh.. I loved vesperia so much when I played it on my friends 360.

I'll wait for the reviews and if it gets at least something similar to the other tales games I'll pick it up for sure :).

I'm waiting for Amazon to put this up so I can pre-order it. Off to spend another 200 hours writing a GameFAQs guide that gets me 2m hits.

[quote name='Krystal109']I'm waiting for Amazon to put this up so I can pre-order it. Off to spend another 200 hours writing a GameFAQs guide that gets me 2m hits.[/QUOTE]
I was actually using your guides for my Atelier ending/flag runs. Great jobs on those by the way! Looking forward to Xillia! I've been Tales deprived.

I forgot this one was the one that got announced for localization. This is the first Xillia and not the second one, right? For all I know, Namco could be screwing around with the naming conventions again (ala Tales of Eternia/Destiny II)

Dropped $5, hoping for some more silly Gamestop-exclusive DLC.

It's up on Amazon too:

http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Xillia-Playstation-3/dp/B00B67ZTUW/

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']A note to all Tales fan. NB said that they looking at Xillia sales to see whether they should continue publishing the series outside of Japan. So if this one doesn't sell well it could mean the end of the Tales series in NA/EU.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what they said about Graces F, which supposedly sold better than expected. fuck 'em, they can't keep relying on word of mouth to sell their games. I'm buying it anyway because I love the series, but still.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

I love the Tales games! Can't wait for this.

Btw, Amazon has it listed for release on Dec. 31, 2013. Is that just an arbitrary number or the real release date? If it is real, I'm gonna die waiting, lol.

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']Thanks for the heads up, OP.

I love the Tales games! Can't wait for this.

Btw, Amazon has it listed for release on Dec. 31, 2013. Is that just an arbitrary number or the real release date? If it is real, I'm gonna die waiting, lol.[/QUOTE]
That's a common placeholder date. All we know is "this year" so that's the last possible date without them being liars.

[quote name='Woocls']That's a common placeholder date. All we know is "this year" so that's the last possible date without them being liars.[/QUOTE]

IIRC Graces F was released in the spring of last year. They may aim for that, summer or early fall. Any later and it would likely get overshadowed by all the AAA holiday releases.

[quote name='62t']Actually they said it is coming this summer.

Graces f actually did worst than vesperia[/QUOTE]
I have to think much of that was due to launching so close to Mass Effect 3.

[quote name='morrodox']IIRC Graces F was released in the spring of last year. They may aim for that, summer or early fall. Any later and it would likely get overshadowed by all the AAA holiday releases.[/QUOTE]

i think summer is best. summer has the fewest releases. this is a niche title. no sense aiming for spring which is already loaded with stuff.

[quote name='62t']Actually they said it is coming this summer.

Graces f actually did worst than vesperia[/QUOTE]
I think that might have more to do with the fact that Graces F was generally considered a worse game, came out on the JRPG heavy PS3 vs the JRPG light 360, and, as was mentioned earlier, had some solid competition at launch.

The problem of summer releases is they under sell the fall and spring releases. Just across the board. The summer is such a busy time for a lot of people it's hard to expect people to want to pick up a game that will probably drop in price before they have time to get to it.

bread's done
Back