Tallahassee CAGs

Well, the Nintendo Fusion Tour dates were announced, and the closest one to Tally is in Jacksonville on October 14th (saturday). If early word is that the tour includes some hands on time with the Wii, any tally CAG's interested in taking a daytrip?

[quote name='lobitoh']have anyone seen ffxi /hdd in tally? where i can find one?[/QUOTE]
Sorry it took me so long to respond, but yeah - I was at Toys R Us last weekend and saw the FFXI w/ HD for...$40? Maybe? Forget the price, but it was in the display case with the PS2 consoles.

Just run down to Sears...I think all they sell is open box stuff lately. heh

I bet Big Lots has a sh'load of cheap TV's.

I don't live in Tally, but I come down pretty often. I live in Thomasville, about 10 miles north of the GA-FL state line. Haven't really got any deals lately except one of the guys at games4less gave me a handful of instruction manuals for n64 that I needed for free when I bought toy commander for DC. ($5)

Target hasn't been putting their excess out on clearance, which is weird, I was just there today and couldn't find anything.
ToysRUs, however, also on Appalachee, had some awesome deals today, lots of stuff for ten bucks or less. They have a B2G1 on 19.99 games, but the entire display rack they advertise that deal on has games marked at 19.98 so the deal doesn't apply to them. It's the shadiest thing in a city of shady things.

So who wants to do a PS3/Wii campout? If anybody is interested let's start planning in advance so we all have the best shot of getting one and maybe have some Mario Kart DS matches while we're waiting.

Anyone here been to the CompUSA in Tally lately? I went this weekend and picked up 7 xbox games on clearance. They had a ton of stuff left and a lot of nice deals on $4.98 and $9.98 games. Most of what they had left were xbox but there were some PS2 including eye toy play2 with camera for $15. I personally got:

Gun-$4.98
Burnout 3-$4.98 (I got the last non-PH)
Arena Football-$4.98
Capcom Classics-$4.98
MVP NCAA 06-$4.98
Namco Muesem 50th Ann.-$4.98
Forza-$4.98
PS2 Stand-$.98 (They seriously had over a hundred of these things)

There were quite a few others like pandora tomorrow or NHL 06 for $7.xx and chaos theory for $9.98, but I already had those.;)

My total was $38.xx after tax. Pretty good I'd say.

[quote name='Circa2113']Anyone here been to the CompUSA in Tally lately? I went this weekend and picked up 7 xbox games on clearance. They had a ton of stuff left and a lot of nice deals on $4.98 and $9.98 games. Most of what they had left were xbox but there were some PS2 including eye toy play2 with camera for $15. I personally got:

Gun-$4.98
Burnout 3-$4.98 (I got the last non-PH)
Arena Football-$4.98
Capcom Classics-$4.98
MVP NCAA 06-$4.98
Namco Muesem 50th Ann.-$4.98
Forza-$4.98
PS2 Stand-$.98 (They seriously had over a hundred of these things)

There were quite a few others like pandora tomorrow or NHL 06 for $7.xx and chaos theory for $9.98, but I already had those.;)

My total was $38.xx after tax. Pretty good I'd say.[/QUOTE]

I work in Tallahassee, so I make the drive every day. I'm going to have to go pick up the Capcom and Namco collections at that price. Good find, man.

Will

I was there today, I didn't pick anything up, but they had a few 360 games on clearance. I saw Quake 4 for $19.99, NHL 2K6, NBA 2K6, NBA 06, College Hoops 2K6, and maybe a couple other games that I don't remember for like $14.97.

Any Guitar Hero II sightings? I checked Circuit City, Best Buy, and Target on Appallachee with no luck.

[quote name='gofishn']I was there today, I didn't pick anything up, but they had a few 360 games on clearance. I saw Quake 4 for $19.99, NHL 2K6, NBA 2K6, NBA 06, College Hoops 2K6, and maybe a couple other games that I don't remember for like $14.97.

Any Guitar Hero II sightings? I checked Circuit City, Best Buy, and Target on Appallachee with no luck.[/quote]

No guitar hero II, but when I went to the walmart on the Northside of Tallahassee, (can't remember street names for shit) I saw the first one on clearance with the guitar for 38.78 or some other obscure walmart price. (it was under 40 bucks though) There were only 3 or 4 left, so if you want one, I would probably get over there soon, as it was last week when I saw them. Oh, and I saw an anti-deal at one of the goodwill centers. (on the same street as walmart, sorry that's all I got) They had an original gameboy, the big grey brick one, for...$20... What the fuck is that? The same goodwill had full-sized stereos and a mini-fridge for less than that.:lol:

As for those 360 games at compUSA, I saw them as well, but honestly it wouldn't be worth the drive out there. The only thing really worthwhile was quake 4 and $20 really still isn't a CAG price. They did have a manager's special on a couple new release 360 games though, although those are usually only like $5 off.

[quote name='yeldarb367']Wow.

I need to return to these boards.

What up Continental and Suko?

I'm in Chi-town now but I'll be back for the holidays.[/quote]
Hey, nothing much. Right now as I'm typing this I'm back in Tally for Thanksgiving break, but usually I'm in Gainesville attending UF. Haven't talked to you or The Continental in a while.

Edit: Sorry, forgot that this is my sister's account lol. I'm suko_32 if you haven't figured it out :)

Man I miss Action Game Exchange.That was Tallahassee's best game store.Too bad it was killed by EB when it moved into the Tallahassee Mall.I remember buying a 3DO for $10 new and a Jaguar for $14 new.

Sorry I saw this thread and was wondering if anyone remembered that store.

[quote name='Zetec']Man I miss Action Game Exchange.That was Tallahassee's best game store.Too bad it was killed by EB when it moved into the Tallahassee Mall.I remember buying a 3DO for $10 new and a Jaguar for $14 new.

Sorry I saw this thread and was wondering if anyone remembered that store.[/QUOTE]
Indeed, that was a great store. I remember as they were closing up shop, I managed to get a number of good deals on games that had to go.

Sigh...I really do miss that place. Well, at least there's the Games4Less, still. They're kind of pricey, but it's just a really great little store. If they ever close up, I don't know what I'll do.

I remember Game Exchange as well, I bought a few imports from them from time to time. Man that musta been 8 or 9 years ago.

I don't visit Games4Less very often, but I'm glad they are still around. A great place to get older stuff you can't find in EB/GS. George (the owner) is a good guy if you ever talk to him.

Hey, what's up guys. I'm pretty new to the forums, but I'm also from Tallahassee. Just reporting in.

Another Tallahasseean here.

Why do all the used game stores in town suck so much compared to the internet? I remember when Games4Less opened and I was so excited - now days everytime I go in there I just can't believe how expensive their used games are. They're only marginally cheaper than what BestBuy sells games used for.

[quote name='suko_32']Wow, there's a lot of CAG's in Tallahassee.[/QUOTE]

No wonder it's so hard to find deals around here. Too much competition ;)

Do any of you guys go to FSU, and if so, are there any gaming clubs? I'm not hardcore into anything, but just looking for down to earth people who game with DS, 360, and just like to chill out once in a while.

-Frank

I have to agree that Games4Less is somewhat pricy, but on more than one occassion, I've bought a game from there even though I knew of a better deal on CAG, just to support them. Because the employees kick ass, are extremely helpful, and have an opinion on just about every game I ask about (and that opinion is usually right...they told me Perfect Dark wasn't worth $25, I bought it anyways...yeah, they were right.).

So I encourage other Tallahasseeans to shop at Games4Less unless there's a >$10 savings on a game somewhere...if it's only $5-$10 off, spend the extra money to support them.

I was just in games4less on Thomasvile Rd picking up a Wii Mote (Yeah, they actually had a few this morning) and to my supprise they had Wii systems in, however they are in a bundle with 4 games and it works out to be retail price but at least they let you chose any 4 games. This really isn't a deal accept the fact that they actually have some in stock, they also had a few classic controllers in as well.
I bought my remote around 12 so if anyone is looking for a Wii and are planning on getting extra games they have them in stock.

Anybody want to buy my 360? I'm asking $320, it's a premium and barely used. I bought it in December when my other 360 broke and used it for about 3 weeks before my old one got back. Includes everything that a Premium 360 includes plus a Nyko Intercooler which I never really used. The hard drive and wireless controller have never been used either since I just used my old ones. The build date is 8/17/06. If no one here is interested, I'm going to put it on eBay. I figured I'd give you guys first crack at it plus I wouldn't have to deal with eBay fees and potential scammers. If anyone is interested PM or e-mail me.

[quote name='jmercado316']Hey I'm interested and I live in town, when you trying to sell this...I live off a High Street.[/QUOTE]

PM'ed you.

Any of you guys into PC gaming? Aware of any LANs? I occasionally do some at my house, but it's small and I have hardly any gamer friends. I'd love to find a regular LAN party.

[quote name='feek']Any of you guys into PC gaming? Aware of any LANs? I occasionally do some at my house, but it's small and I have hardly any gamer friends. I'd love to find a regular LAN party.[/QUOTE]
I haven't been in a while, so I'm not sure if they still do it or not, but last I checked, there's a LAN/console gaming party held on the first Saurday of every month at the Progressive Center over on Gadsden St off South Monroe.

Does anyone here know if they still run the parties there these days?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I haven't been in a while, so I'm not sure if they still do it or not, but last I checked, there's a LAN/console gaming party held on the first Saurday of every month at the Progressive Center over on Gadsden St off South Monroe.

Does anyone here know if they still run the parties there these days?[/quote]Hah, I actually went to a couple of those. As far as I know it's not being done anymore. It's the only LAN I've ever known about here except the ones done by my small group of PC gaming friends.

Just a mention, but if you're looking for a Wii, the K-Mart on Ap Parkway is always a good place to check. The store is a dump (they have the most insanely mismanaged electronics section) but when I was there going through the clearance stuff a couple weeks ago I asked one of the workers if they had any Wiis - she said they did, and now I've got one. They don't put them out on shelves or anything - why I don't know. Things tend to sell better when you put them out there.

Anyway, they had a ton of Zelda: Wind Waker and Luigi's Mansion. That was about all that interested me off the NGC list.

Don't know if these are hard to find anymore or not, but at BB they have some Wiimotes, nunchucks, and points cards if anyone needs them.

Also, I'll be here in the summer if anyone cares :)

For me it's been pretty barren lately.

If you end up here for law school let me know, I can hook you up with a bunch of outlines and what not. I'm a 2L right now, but I should be graduating in December.

Yeah, Tallahassee hasn't brought me any good deals lately. BB was SACKED the day of the sale.

By the way, has anyone ever been to "Folmer Gun & Pawn"? I always pass it on Tenessee street...it's in the crack-house looking gray building, with stuff written on the windows. It looks EXTREMEMLY sketchy, so naturally, I'm inclined to go. :lol:

If anyone is intersted in Pokemon Diamon and Pearl Games 4 less seems to be selling it early.

SilverPaw did you check Folmer Pawn shop? I've gone in there in the past but never came out with anything good.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Yeah, Tallahassee hasn't brought me any good deals lately. BB was SACKED the day of the sale.

By the way, has anyone ever been to "Folmer Gun & Pawn"? I always pass it on Tenessee street...it's in the crack-house looking gray building, with stuff written on the windows. It looks EXTREMEMLY sketchy, so naturally, I'm inclined to go. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I've been in a few times, though it's been a few months. I remember seeing plenty of Genesis games, and a good number of PS2/Cube/Xbox games. Worth a look, I'd say.

bread's done
Back