Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

Did anyone have luck the the TRU B2G1 today? I went to the Brandon one hoping for an Orange Box for $50, but none were left. I really wanna find that damn game for under $60.

For those that ever wanted to waste some gas driving from Tampa to USA FLEAMARKET, keep your gas, and go somewhere else.

Over priced games, people selling games do not know what a wii or a 360 game looks like. Was great for laughs when I asked for 360 games, and he pulled out a box of xbox 1 games.

Update, just called FOWLER TRU, they are not remodeling, they are closing the location and moving to WESLEY CHAPEL.

END OF MONTH, NO SOONER, NO LATER.

[quote name='monkeyballer']Update, just called FOWLER TRU, they are not remodeling, they are closing the location and moving to WESLEY CHAPEL.

END OF MONTH, NO SOONER, NO LATER.[/quote]
So no game clearances? Damn

Anyone have luck with the BB coupon yesterday? I went to a few today and was turned down at all of em

The Toys R Us in New Port Richey has crap. Anybody want to pick up Oblivoun for me? The one near me has it for 60 bucks. I want the platinum hits ones one along with Tony Hawks Project 8. So PLEASE let me know if your TRU has one and there address so i can map quest it!

Do not know about clearance prices at FOWLER TRU, just was told they are NOT CLOSING FOR REMODELING, but they will be closing and moving to WESLEY CHAPEL. They said around the end of the month.

I do know they hardly have any Wii games, when I called about Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, they didn't have it, nor did the Brandon one. Called about several other games, and no dice.

Anyone looking for Wii Play, its on the TRU website as part of the buy 2 get 1 free deal, picked up 3 for the price of 2.

Also when struck out at the TRU, had to go to GS the "evil empire" to get my Monkey Ball game again, they had one left and insisted the opened box was BRAND NEW, I said if I brought in a game that was opened, would I get my money back or get the used price?

Guess what they said, used price. So I said what kind of discount am I looking at for that used game your trying to sell me?

Needless to say, I couldnt find it anywhere else, so I bought it, was only a $5 difference between the new and used.

But does anyone else agree that its not NEW if its been opened?

[quote name='monkeyballer']
But does anyone else agree that its not NEW if its been opened?[/quote]

Yep, I agree.

Oh, and did you still want those 3 PSP games?

I am updating my list right now as well

Would anyone be interested in a Wii Party?

I have a wireless sensor bar, and I have a video projector, just need s huge wall and darkness!!

[quote name='monkeyballer']Would anyone be interested in a Wii Party?[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing. I wanted to have a Brawl/Rock Band party in December with all my friends and invite ppl from here. We ususally have Melee parties with about 15 people, but I want something bigger (at least 30 ppl) next year. Since it was pushed back to February, I guess it'll wait. Just as well, My Birthday is 9 days after Brawl comes out, so some of you can come play us and bring me presents ;)

Edit: Monkeyballer, u should be cautious about who contacts you from Craigslist. I know this sounds dumb, but some1 could see that and think "hmm, perfect place to score some games"

Finally got wii sports disc, thanks GS "evil empire", can not beleive they sold it so cheaply, a mere $10, everyone on ebay wanted $30 and up.

Ok does anyone who do arcade know if a Dreamcast will do the konami GD-rom discs?

Not just normal dreamcast discs, but the arcade GD discs?

I decided to put my Wii on craigslist, $250 with Wii Sports, official components and vc controller. Not much of a deal, but im hoping with the christmas rush, someone will be willing to buy it.

If anyone here happens to be interested, just send a PM.

I updated my real list (not the one in here) with PS1 game prices. If any of you buy games and use paypal tonight, I will ship for free, being that I really need money to buy a LOTR prop that costs $100.

Yea, but its not all bad. Interbay is gone at least ;-).

I'm still waiting on that lawsuit that Sony has on me for talking about PSP homebrew. *Sigh* I know he's a jew, but that Brian David sure had some CHEAP scare tactics...

I don't know if you guys have been looking, but have any of you seen the '08 Concept Bumbleebee Transformers movie toy in any stores? If you happen to stumble upon one, let me know?

[quote name='Otherguy676']I have been cracking up at Bersekers last comment for the last 10 minutes. Mozeltopf[/quote] I was hoping someone would find it funny. I wish The mods didnt delete all of Brian's threatening posts. It was quite sad too. He made a fake name, saying he was a unrelated third party, and i'm guessing did some "Find all posts by" searches on me and Roufuss. Probably saw my posts about homebrew in the PSP forum and Roufuss saying that he worked at Best Buy because Brian said that I have a lawsuit pending against me from Sony, and Roufuss has one against him from Best Buy for stealing company property. (I wont even go into the bullshit he tried to pass off as the reasons why he was arrested so many times)

Sorry to double post, but i figure i'd let everyone know.

Due to the FYE in University Mall (a thief's favorite place to trade other than moviestop) losing their license for trades, the Hillsborough County Sherrifs Office has told all FYE's in the county to stop taking in trades for the time being. No idea when trades will resume.

Kinda sucks considering i had a couple $2 games that they pay $15 for, but the price has held up for over 3 months, i'm sure it'll hold one more.

Hello everyone. Wanted to let you know that I saw the PS2 version of Guitar Hero III on the shelf at the Gunn Highway Wal-Mart (just east of the Veterian's Expressway exit 9). It was sitting at the bottom of the PS2 case.

I suppose it could have just been some sort of pre-order case, but I tried to look closely at the package. It appeared to be the real deal.

Hope that helps someone enjoy the game early!

[quote name='Bezerker']Sorry to double post, but i figure i'd let everyone know.

Due to the FYE in University Mall (a thief's favorite place to trade other than moviestop) losing their license for trades, the Hillsborough County Sherrifs Office has told all FYE's in the county to stop taking in trades for the time being. No idea when trades will resume.

Kinda sucks considering i had a couple $2 games that they pay $15 for, but the price has held up for over 3 months, i'm sure it'll hold one more.[/quote]♦

University Mall is so damn ghetto

[quote name='xRiskyx']♦

University Mall is so damn ghetto[/quote]
Yep, that's y it's prolly gonna go under soon. I have so many good memories of times before it became Ghetto to, like 9/9/99 :cry:

[quote name='donniedroc']Hello everyone. Wanted to let you know that I saw the PS2 version of Guitar Hero III on the shelf at the Gunn Highway Wal-Mart (just east of the Veterian's Expressway exit 9). It was sitting at the bottom of the PS2 case.

I suppose it could have just been some sort of pre-order case, but I tried to look closely at the package. It appeared to be the real deal.

Hope that helps someone enjoy the game early![/quote]

Isnt today the release day? All the Blockbusters have the PS2, Wii, 360 & PS3 versions.

[quote name='Bezerker']Isnt today the release day? All the Blockbusters have the PS2, Wii, 360 & PS3 versions.[/quote]
Sunday is the official release day, i believe.

Anyone know of any Blockbusters/Gamerushes that got Eye of Judgment in? Mine say they have one on order, and the guy i know (who's now a manager, woot) said he'd hold it for me and give me a call. He also said that they'd be getting rental copies in, but i dont see how that would work considering its mainly a card game right now.

[quote name='Bezerker']Anyone know of any Blockbusters/Gamerushes that got Eye of Judgment in? Mine say they have one on order, and the guy i know (who's now a manager, woot) said he'd hold it for me and give me a call. He also said that they'd be getting rental copies in, but i dont see how that would work considering its mainly a card game right now.[/quote]

I was at the one on 34th St. S. in St. Pete today, and they didn't have it that I could see. They did have three big boxes of Guitar Hero III, with stickers on the boxes saying not to sell before 10/28/07. I was there looking for an Xbox 360 Arcade console, but they're apparently not even in the system.

Does anyone know of any decently priced trading card shops in Tampa? Unfortunately, Wonder Water isn't going to be carrying the Eye Of Judgement booster packs. The only other card shop i can think of is the one on 41 & 54, but IIRC, that place was a ripoff. There are quite a few sites that have the booster boxes for as low as $85, but theyre marked as pre-orders... I'd prefer to get them cheaper than the $3.60 a pack that Gamestop has em for. If anyone sees any of the cards at any Blockbusters, please let me know. Hope someone can help me.

When I was in Best Buy on Dale Mabry yesterday, they had a huge bin full of 50% off games. There were games for pretty much all systems. some I saw were DOAX2, DJ Icon, Sonic Rush, Farcry (wii), Monster Madness, and a lot more. I didn't get anything cuz I was too focused on getting CoD4 CE and VF5 for $70 :D .

Has anyone seen the 20% off coupon books in any local Kmarts? I tried 3 in Pinellas but no luck. I've had mixed results (more negative than positive) with printouts, so I'd rather get the real thing if possible.

Another weekend in Orlando, another Final Fantasy VII. This is like the second time in a row that I found one on a trip up there (and third overall). It like it grows on trees up there, but no other valuable games, although I did find a second Zelda's Collector edition.

Well, I ended up finding the coupons myself, at the Kmart on 66th Street North in St. Pete. I wanted one for a clearance grill that was in stock at that store, so it worked out pretty well. :D

There were plenty more coupon books if any locals want them. They're in a rack to the right of the pharmacy counter.

Anyone know of an area Kmart that has a newer Premium Xbox 360? I'm trying to find one with an HDMI output. Ideally, I'd like to find a premium holiday bundle.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

So how far is everyone in Super Mario Galaxy? I am 19 stars in and its really growing on me. I started out the first night not really liking it, but getting by the first few starts and seeing a variety of levels has really helped. It may better that Mario 64. It also is turning into a throw back to Super Mario 3, which is my favorite Mario game. I like it so much that I may take the fat acrobatic plumber with me on vacation.

Also, anyone seen Def Jam Icon at a pawn for $10? Everyone I see in Tampa or Orlando is $15 and I really want to try this game.

[quote name='Otherguy676']
Also, anyone seen Def Jam Icon at a pawn for $10? Everyone I see in Tampa or Orlando is $15 and I really want to try this game.[/quote]
I have a sealed one for $14 if ur interested

Selling my games is harder than I thought. I put my 62 xbox games on Ebay and it only went for $275 :cry:

I did getl lucky at a pawn tho. I got Xenogears, Castlevania Chronicles, R-Type Delta, & Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter all mint/complete/non-gh today for $30 :D

Anyone interested in Rock Band: The GameRush on 49th Street had at least one 360 and one PS3 bundle as of about 7 p.m. Tuesday. Kinda shocked me — don't know how rare these are. Picked up my pre-order from EB tonight — LOVING it!

Anyone in the Tampa area seen Zack & Wiki at Blockbuster? I wanna trade Over G Fighters & Blazing Angels so I can get it for free, but no one seems to have it. Guess I'll have to get Heroes S1 if they dont

Just rent it and take the actual game case with you. After 14-17 days it'll automatically charge to your account. Then you can pay off the account with your gift card. Unfortunately unless you have a coupon or BBO exchange, you'll have to pay the $8 rental cost.

bread's done
Back