Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

Got back to Tampa today, anyone have any luck on Black Friday Deals? I was in Connecticut and didn't arrive to stores until almost 9am and every store had everything I wanted. It was nuts, none of that crap would have lasted more than 5 minutes here in Tampa. Every $5 game was there, Target still had the $90 8.2 digital Camera, Best Buy still had the doorbusters and I was even able to get a $35 authentic Paul Pierce Jersey (best deal of the day), which was amazing considering how popular any Boston team is in New England (think UF vs FSU rivalry and pump it by 10x and that is a fraction of how New Englanders care about the 1) Red Sox, 2) Celtics, 3) Patriots, and 4) Bruins. Through in UCONN in there for good measure).

I wanted to buy more, however, I didn't bring enough cash and was expecting stores to be out of everything. My gf got me a 80 gig IPOD at a CC up there (for our anniversary) and said it was really cheap, but wouldn't tell me how much.

And if you have never been to Gamecrazy, they are awsome stores, was very impressed by the one I went too. I only went to one, if I had more times I would've went to a bunch looking for classic plastic and rares.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Got back to Tampa today, anyone have any luck on Black Friday Deals? [/quote]
I threw in the towel before Thanksgiving had even started. The only thing I wanted was a TV at Circuit City, and there were already tents there and at Best Buy in St. Pete on Wednesday evening. By Thursday at 10 p.m., the lines were already wrapped around the buildings. I'm all about saving money, but I have limits.

And Segasonic01, I went to every GameRush in Pinellas on Sunday but saw no Zack & Wiki for sale, new or used. They did have rental copies, though.

I'm gonna stop going out on BF at all. It's too hectic and I can get most anything offline. The only thing I had to go out for was this pawn shop having everything 40% off. I got R6: Vegas, Blazing Angels, Over-G Fighters, FFXII CE, & Halo 2 for a total of $33.

A slow pawn shopping day on my 1st trip since coming back.
I got

Cart Only Pokemon Saphire - $4
COmplete R-Types (Segasonic probably saw this) - $6
COmplete Psi-OPs - $3
Complete (PSOne) Marvel vs Capcom - $3
COmplete Forever Kingdom - $5 - I have never seen this game, is it hard to find?

[quote name='Otherguy676']A slow pawn shopping day on my 1st trip since coming back.
I got

Cart Only Pokemon Saphire - $4
COmplete R-Types (Segasonic probably saw this) - $6
COmplete Psi-OPs - $3
Complete (PSOne) Marvel vs Capcom - $3
COmplete Forever Kingdom - $5 - I have never seen this game, is it hard to find?[/quote]
Ya, I saw that Psi-Ops to. Where'd you find the MvC?

MvC was at a Value Pawn and I may have a Silent Hill 4 guide. I have also seen Silent Hill 3 in my run today in Daytona where I am for the week.

On my pawn run today in Daytona got the following for $7 (all complete)
Rocky Master system
Afterburner Master System
Dark Savior Saturn
Nights case and manual with Sonic 3D Blast Saturn Disc (already have 2 disc only Nights)

The Nights Case and manual and Dark Savior was all I really wanted but had to take everything. Funny thing is, I offered a dealer at Wagon Wheel $7 for Dark Savior a little while back and they denied me so I was pretty happy with the deal. Anyone want to buy a disc only Sonic 3D blast:)?

Just got back from going out in Daytona. I could not find Silent Hill 3, Ill keep my eyes open for it. I did manage to snag a Remy and Yang resin statue at the flea market for $5 total. Video games wise I got

a cart only Game Gear Prince of Persia - $1
Complete Sega CD Dune - $2
Disc only PSOne Tactics Ogre - $17!

Dune and Tactics Ogre came from a video game store, one of the best I have ever seen. Rares were lower than ebay value (!) and they knew how much Tactics Ogre was worth, but still let it go for $17. The also had a complete Project Justice ($35), most used PS3 games for $25, Dragon Quest Joker ($23, didn't have enough cash but almost bought this), $4 almost any game boy/color game, $10 used 1st gen 360 games. If I brought more money I would've bought a lot more.

I saw SH3 at a Cash America today, but it was $10 and beat to hell so I passed. I did find Oblivion for $10, Jedi Academy for $6, & Legend of Dragoon for $3 tho

Ill continue to look for SH3

I found a complete with box and Strategy guide Earthbound for $25 at flea market today. Startegy Guide looks never used!

Well, I knew it would happen, and it did. My 360 finally got the RRoD :cry: . Now I guess no Rock Band for 3 weeks...

I did find a DDR Mario Mix for 9.97 today tho :D

Just an FYI to anyone looking the Sam's club in Pinellas park received in the Rock band special ediition set for both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 I think they had about 6 of each I think it was around $160 ish or something smilar.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Got another $100 in BlockBuster credit today that idk what to do with :cry:[/quote]
Yeah, I've got $550 in credit and I'm starting to get antsy. I want to get a Falcon Elite 360 holiday bundle, but the local GR stores aren't getting any new Elites. They all have exactly one (old) Elite in stock, and they never ever sell, though the Pros sell just fine. I can get all the Falcon Pro models that I want, but I don't want. :bomb:

Maybe I should just buy a PS3 and get my 360 elsewhere.

[quote name='elmyra']Yeah, I've got $550 in credit and I'm starting to get antsy. I want to get a Falcon Elite 360 holiday bundle, but the local GR stores aren't getting any new Elites. They all have exactly one (old) Elite in stock, and they never ever sell, though the Pros sell just fine. I can get all the Falcon Pro models that I want, but I don't want. :bomb:

Maybe I should just buy a PS3 and get my 360 elsewhere.[/quote]

Geez, what do you do to get all that credit? Nice work!

The current rate of credit is currently $10 cash for every $35 credit, you can turn $20 into $70 per individual store, per day. The only real limitation is the stock of Best Buy, lol.

You may be better using the 30% bonus coupon to move some of that credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop. You will probably ake a bit of a loss (10-20% max) but it should still even out to a decent profit.

Or, do what I used to do, buy Wii's and DS Lites, those things sell for retail if not more, especially with christmas two weeks away. The only problem with this method is, that cash is a lot harder to spend when you consinder rather than credit which can only be used there, you can use cash to pay your bills, buy food, etc.

[quote name='lpj8']Geez, what do you do to get all that credit? Nice work![/quote]

Mine was mostly generated with Kmart flip games, so it cost me jst under fifty cents on the dollar. That's not nearly as well as people are doing right now with Beowulf. I thought about trading some of those, but I was starting to get snarky comments from GR clerks about how much/how often I trade, so I think I'm laying low for a while. I probably should have converted that credit to GameStop with the Halo 3 and coupon method, but I've been too busy the past three days to have enough time to do so. If the same situation happens again next week (GS coupon + Halo 3 price holds at GS) then I probably will.

[quote name='Bezerker']Or, do what I used to do, buy Wii's and DS Lites, those things sell for retail if not more, especially with christmas two weeks away. The only problem with this method is, that cash is a lot harder to spend when you consinder rather than credit which can only be used there, you can use cash to pay your bills, buy food, etc.[/quote]

That's a good point, I could flip a few DS Lites and get an Elite elsewhere with the cash. I already flipped a Wii from GR for $300 a month ago (I should have held on to it!), and I've been sitting on that cash for VG purchases. Sadly, Pinellas GRs haven't gotten any Wiis for a couple of weeks.

[quote name='Segasonic01']I have BLOCKBUSTER credit, tho. Not Gamerush[/quote]

I don't understand what you're saying. Blockbuster and GameRush are the same, and the credit from one store can be used at the other. Are you saying that you had the credit put on your account at Blockbuster, instead of putting it on a card? If so, you can probably have them move it to a gift card so that you can take it to a GameRush.

On the Tampa side of the bay, you have GR stores in Land o' Lakes and Wesley Chapel if I remember correctly. There's also a GameRush on Gulf-to-Bay Blvd. in Clearwater, and another one on Enterprise Rd. near Countryside Mall if you don't mind crossing the Courtney Campbell Causeway to use your credit.

[quote name='Segasonic01']I asked them if I could put the credit on a GC & they said no. If they would, I would take it to the Wesley Chapel GR & buy some stuff :cry:[/quote]

Oh, that sucks. Whenever I've traded at a new store, I've always asked about putting it on a card before going through with the transaction. You might try going in when there are different employees, or when the store manager is working. I've sometimes found that the store manager is the only person at a location who knows how to put credit on a card.

It worked! I went back & got a $50 Giftcard with a free $5 one :D . The guy was very nive about and then I asked, he said "I don't see why you couldn't"

Finally got a PS2 Marvel vs Capcom 2 today. I had been trying to trade one of my xbx ones for it, glad I found it on the cheap ($10, complete). Also found another Secret of Mana today for $6. Includes everything, but the box, it even had the inner white box holder.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Finally got a PS2 Marvel vs Capcom 2 today. I had been trying to trade one of my xbx ones for it, glad I found it on the cheap ($10, complete). Also found another Secret of Mana today for $6. Includes everything, but the box, it even had the inner white box holder.[/quote]
pawn?

yup, guy has a lot of old games. I was going to buy a few SNES games from him, but I will wait a few weeks and see what else I want. For any comic fans, I also got a Uncanny X-Men 117 NM for $13 signed by John Byrne (sadly no COD, but it is his auto as it matches a non X book auto of his I have). That was a huge deal to me as that is the quintensential X-men run.

One of my Secret of Manas (cart only) will prob go on sale or up for trade. Its my 3rd copy, so if anyone has a TL and is interested, PM. Im starting to unload most of my triples (doubles will be trade fodder for games I missed last gen), through sales or trades for older games. 95% of my duplicates arent on my games list yet, but will be within a week if anyone wants to take a look at what I have before I unload. You can also find me on ebay under Otherguy676.

Still looking for Silent Hill 3, it funny that as soon as someone says they want it that I cant find it.

[quote name='Otherguy676']
Still looking for Silent Hill 3, it funny that as soon as someone says they want it that I cant find it.[/quote]
Ya, that's how it is :roll:

Please post here when you update your list. I have a friend that might want your SoM, and I might want a few of your other games.

Went into Tampa today to visit the fraternity house and stopped at a few places. Had a pretty good day, got the following

Sword of Berserk Complete $2
Sonice Adventure 2 DC Complete $2 (anyone interested before it hits ebay?)
Simpson Season 8 DVD - $2
Lost season 1 - $10
Lost season 2 (NEW!!!) - $10 (both seasons Xmas presents)
10 various DVDs for $20 (Xmas presents)
World of Warcraft complete - $2.50

And the big finds (all for $23)
7th Saga, cart only SNES
Legend of Zelda, A link to the past (slight back sticker damage), w/ map and manual SNES
Phantasy Star IV Complete w/ strategy guide (!) GEN
Might and Magic Complete GEN
Landstalker Complete GEN
Michael Jackson Moonwalker Complete GEN
.....and....ironically enough
Secret of Mana SNES Complete, cart looks never touched, my 3rd copy in the last month.
Games were initially $5 a pop, got it down to $4 and then about $3 for each game and $2 for the strategy guide.
Also found a disc only Power Stone 2 which the place would not sale.....yet:)

If anyone is interested in $10 season sets, try cash america on Busch and 5 for 10 DVDs at EZ Pawn on the corner of Neb and Fowler.

I know this is a longshot, but you guys wouldnt happen to know any cheap places that will repair an Ipod (Photo 30gb). I use a Zune now, but i'd hope that if i got it repaired for cheap, I could sell on ebay for some of the difference. Apple wanted $249 to repair it, so that isnt an option.

try to Craig's list it under each category as wanted IPOD repair. You might get a bite as sometimes IPOD repair guys post. I think it was $50-$75 last time I saw.

Walmart on 19 in pinellas park has guitar hero 3 with guitar controller in all flavors as of 3am.
xbox 360, ps3, ps2. Had a huge stack of them.

Target has the mac/pc version for $78 which you can download songs for free or use the ps2 version of gh1 and gh2 discs and add more songs.

Anyone have any good advice on acquiring a Finaly Fantasy VII complete? My sister just gave me her list, and that's on it. I seem to remember seeing it regularly at pawn shops, but I really don't have time to drive around all day. Any help is welcome! Thanks!

Got another Earthbound ($15, cart only, now on tradelist) this weekend along with Nightshade ($2), Street Fighter Collection 2 ($3, comp) and some movies.
Random things I saw

There is a complete 3DO at the Value Pawn on Nebraska Ave in Seminole Heights. I already have one and I believe it was expensive but def worth checking it as its the first one I have seen in Tampa in a long time

There is a complete Bushido Blade 2 (disc has scratches) at the Cash America on Hillsborough in Town and Country

Lyric, you may be able to find Final Fantasy VII at a flea market. The guy at the flea on the corner of Fowler and Neb may have one, but he is expensive and sells at ebay (or even higher sometimes). He usually has one in stock, though.

Anyone know of any PC game collectors in the area? I found a new and sealed Daggerfall (Elder Scrolls 2) at the Oldsmar flea market and I am looking to sell it. It is quite valuable and I would rather sell it locally.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Anyone have luck with the CC sale? I got a few games and may try to find Pheonix Wright.[/quote]

I was able to find many of the games at the Brandon CC. I picked up Elite Beat Agents, Project Sylpheed, and Okami. I couldn't find Phoenix Wright though.

Do any of you know a place around here that fixes camcorders? I got one for christmas & the sound is messing up & now the Mini-DV won't eject. Any help would be great.

CompUSA at Dalemabry and Clearwater (Hillsboro will close down) are going to be Tiger Direct Stores. Found out from the manager at Dale Mabry store. They will open soon.

[quote name='spiderdog']CompUSA at Dalemabry and Clearwater (Hillsboro will close down) are going to be Tiger Direct Stores. Found out from the manager at Dale Mabry store. They will open soon.[/quote]
What's a Tiger Direct store?

bread's done
Back