Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

i know it's short notice, but just in case..

GTRFlyer.jpg

Also, Special Guests:
PMS Clan
EA Tiburon
Zune Team
Team Hitman
GameBreakers

Well, this threads been kinda dead lately, but i figure i'd give a heads up. Dont bother going to Goodwill on 54 (off of 41) if you are looking for video games. All they had were PSX games, mainly old ass sports games and I counted at least 20 copies of Cool Boarders 4.

Got complete
Persona 3 (w/ art book and Soundtrack)
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne (missing manual, my 4th copy, sold for $30)
Odin Sphere

for $12 apiece at big top flea market. I left at Devil Summoner ($12) if any wants it. Its at the DVD stand under the main building (food court area).

Target on Dale Mabry (by the interstate) has 4 Jerichos for $12.48 each. I was gonna get them to trade to Blockbuster, but I found some $15 Folklores instead ;)

[quote name='ninjaridebikes']anyone looking to get rid of a neo geo mvs in the tampa or surrounding area?[/quote]
no, no one plays lame neo geo games on arcade cabs but you :dunce:

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I live in Brandon![/quote]
heh, guess my chances of getting a Blue Dragon next weekend are slim then. :lol:

They also had Bee Movie, Tonky Hawk PG (Wii) for $25 & Lego SW2 (360 & XB) for $10. Maybe tomorrow the latter 2 will be $12.50 & $5. THPG might be worth it for $12.50, at least to flip at GR

[quote name='Segasonic01']heh, guess my chances of getting a Blue Dragon next weekend are slim then. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I only buy one if I ever even get there. I don't buy multiple copies of anything.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Hey, Darryl, check out what the other Justin (Ninjaridebikes) spray painted on my stomache after you left my party. What do you think? ;)

untitled.jpg
[/quote]

way to cut out the rest of my canvas.

[quote name='ninjaridebikes']way to cut out the rest of my canvas.[/quote]
i'm not your canvas. I bet everyone in this thread thinks we're weird now.

This reminds me of you that night

:beer:x10

Pretty cool, and Justin (Ninjaridebikes), I waited for you to get there but I had to go because of previous plans.

And I care about MVS Cabs because I own one!:)

[quote name='Otherguy676']Pretty cool, and Justin (Ninjaridebikes), I waited for you to get there but I had to go because of previous plans.

And I care about MVS Cabs because I own one!:)[/quote]

Heh, sorry about that. I'm always late for events and happenings.

So, I realize this is probably sacrilege, but after messing with Super Smash Bros Brawl for a week, I am just not digging it. Don't get me wrong, it is obviously a very polished product. However, I primarily play single player games (Super Mario Galaxy, etc), and only play multiplayer with my young sons (6 and 2). SSB Brawl is a little too difficult/hardcore for them, and I just don't want to invest the time to 'master' it, if I am only going to play single player.

Anyway, when I contact Gamestop (where I bought it), the trade in value for it is only $30! I could try to unload it on eBay, but don't know what my luck would be there, either.

Does anyone have any ideas for the best way to unload this thing?

BTW, I considered taking it to a wal mart or something, try to claim it was damaged to get another copy, but I bet they would open the shrink wrap of the new one.

Thanks in advance!

try putting it on Craigslist for $40 or $45. Wal-mart would open it.

Anyone wanna buy my Fire Emblem (Wii) before I trade it to Blockbuster? I'm asking $35

I think Smash Brothers is a love/hate game. I didn't like the N64 one, but Melee was great and Brawl is outstanding. I got it early and had a pretty good time unlocking everything (minus some cheapo deaths/matches). And does anyone else think that Uematsu track rocks, def going on my IPOD and one of his best non FF original tracks. I like to hear a Black Mages remix.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I got a copy of Blue Dragon for 15. They are still inside the case and they haven't physically marked them down yet.[/quote]

I got the last one at the Brandon store - it looked like there were three left, but the two games behind Blue Dragon were actually Avatar.

I doubt anyone will be interested in this but it's worth a shot posting it I guess.

I have a 94' Tomos LX Moped that I'm looking to sell or trade for a gaming PC or NeoGeo cabinet.

It's currently not working but it's probably an easy fix being that it worked just fine when I purchased it a few months ago. It has its title, user manual and maintenance manual as well.

Here's the link.. http://tampa.craigslist.org/mcy/618599366.html

I'm located off of Armenia if anyone is interested in coming and taking a look at it.

EZ Pawn on Florida Ave has God of War 2 for $6.99 (no manual) if anyone is looking for it cheap. I would buy it, but I got one for $10 3 weeks ago.

Greetings from Lakeland..... i'm just kinda upset with the stores in my area , 2 Targets , 1TRU , 1BB , 1CC , and the rest are not even worth mentioning , but i will , they are 3 WM's , 1 sears and 1 sears essentials (formerly K mart).

Anyway the Targets are the best place to get clearance items , but sometimes they take a long time to drop the prices (like right now , i've been waiting for Strangehold and Crackdown to drop to the 15 dollars range for over two weeks)

Then we got Best Buy and Circuit City , they are both about the same..... you can hardly find anythind from the markdowns reported here..... you might find one here and one there and you gotta look really good , not good but not bad either...
Them Wally Marts... they fucking suck .... they got stuff on clearance for months , they mark it down one time and that's it they just wait to see if some one buys it , they take 3 dollars off of a $20 item and they call it clearance , They have a MAX Memory from Datel for the DS for $35.00 and it's been sitting at that store forever I'll say for more than 6 months (i'm sure it's more like a year ... but , not sure) ... the bottom line.... WALMART SUCKS!!!!
At the Sears ..... I've never got anything from the clearances posted here.... maybe the employees grab them before the customers can.

And then we have a few Pawnshops (that's where I get most of my games )
we got 2 Value pawns , 1 Cash America and then some others that are not that big and they look at you funny when you walk in there and ask for videogames (bunch of fucking rednecks) .....
So I've got some very good deals (on games for PS2 and 360 ) at the Value Pawns , and at the Cash America

But what I've been looking for are 1 ds lite (any color , but don't want a beat-up DS ) found one the other day for $69.99 but it was all scratched up and looked like it had been drop more than a couple of times , and the ones that look like new or almost new they sell them for $119.99 , ($10.00 under the MSRP) WTF!!!!!

Another Item I've been looking for is a PSP and again the pawn shops they think that's like made out of GOLD or something , scratched up PSPs , sometimes w/o the charger for the same price.... $129.00 (sometimes $119.00) .......

I'm sorry .... this is like the longest post I'ever done anywhere , but I had to let it all out.

Peace

Ya I drove out there about 6 months ago, & didn't find anything except for some overpriced games at that shitty Game Attic store. $130 for FFVII anyone?

Cash America on Busch near 56th has Excitebike 64 cart only is anyone is looking for it (for $3). Scored 4 complete NES games & cart only Kid Icarus there yesterday. I tried to get them to give me it for free since I was buying $15 worth, but they said no. :bomb:

Wow this is a long thread for one city
Hey folks I'm coming into town in a week to cover the woman's final four and a few things at the air base there. Any recommendations on places I need to go and eat?

[quote name='jlarlee']Wow this is a long thread for one city
Hey folks I'm coming into town in a week to cover the woman's final four and a few things at the air base there. Any recommendations on places I need to go and eat?[/quote]
Bern's Steak House. Will cost a lot but is very worth it

[quote name='jlarlee']Wow this is a long thread for one city
Hey folks I'm coming into town in a week to cover the woman's final four and a few things at the air base there. Any recommendations on places I need to go and eat?[/quote]

[quote name='Segasonic01']Bern's Steak House. Will cost a lot but is very worth it[/quote]
Burns is VERY FANCY although worth it. If you do Burns make sure it's not Side Burns (the less fancy place). The atmosphere of Burns is worth it alone (but dress up) and make sure you go upstairs for dessert. It's like an old haunted mansion inside and the dessert room is like some sacrifical/cannibal chamber. But trust me it's super cool.

I'm not sure where you're staying but here's a list of my local favorites:

Carraba's (Everywhere) - (excellent Italian), try their White Sangria and Muscles.
http://www.carrabas.com/

Bahama Breeze (Clearwater) - (not possbile to order something bad here). My favorite appetizers are the Jamacian Jerk Chicken Wings & Coconut Shrimp (everything is good).
http://www.bahamabreeze.com/

BJ's Brewhouse (Citrus Park Mall & Tyrone/Largo ??? Mall) - Excellent micro brews with a TON of excellent food. A sports bar atmosphere with a menu so huge it will take you a while to place your order. I've never seen a menu this robust before. Just order the beer sampler to get you started as you decide on what to get.
http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/

Bonefish Grill (Everywhere) - Excellent wood fire fish with a dimly lit atmosphere.
http://www.bonefishgrill.com/

If you're going to be at the St. Pete Time Forum then make sure you get the Chicken Fingers and Fries Basket. It is just SO DAMN GOOD!

Also Channelside is right down the street from the SPT Forum with a bunch or restaurants and bars. Howl at the Moon (Dueling Piano Bar), Splittsville (Bowling a nice menu selection) are probably my two favorites.
http://www.channelsidetampa.com/

I'll see if I can think of more. I live in clearwater so I don't know all of the little downtown Tampa delis and eateries like others may.

[quote name='HELLAWAITS']Greetings from Lakeland..... i'm just kinda upset with the stores in my area , 2 Targets , 1TRU , 1BB , 1CC , and the rest are not even worth mentioning , but i will , they are 3 WM's , 1 sears and 1 sears essentials (formerly K mart).

Anyway the Targets are the best place to get clearance items , but sometimes they take a long time to drop the prices (like right now , i've been waiting for Strangehold and Crackdown to drop to the 15 dollars range for over two weeks)

Then we got Best Buy and Circuit City , they are both about the same..... you can hardly find anythind from the markdowns reported here..... you might find one here and one there and you gotta look really good , not good but not bad either...
Them Wally Marts... they fucking suck .... they got stuff on clearance for months , they mark it down one time and that's it they just wait to see if some one buys it , they take 3 dollars off of a $20 item and they call it clearance , They have a MAX Memory from Datel for the DS for $35.00 and it's been sitting at that store forever I'll say for more than 6 months (i'm sure it's more like a year ... but , not sure) ... the bottom line.... WALMART SUCKS!!!!
At the Sears ..... I've never got anything from the clearances posted here.... maybe the employees grab them before the customers can.

And then we have a few Pawnshops (that's where I get most of my games )
we got 2 Value pawns , 1 Cash America and then some others that are not that big and they look at you funny when you walk in there and ask for videogames (bunch of fucking rednecks) .....
So I've got some very good deals (on games for PS2 and 360 ) at the Value Pawns , and at the Cash America

But what I've been looking for are 1 ds lite (any color , but don't want a beat-up DS ) found one the other day for $69.99 but it was all scratched up and looked like it had been drop more than a couple of times , and the ones that look like new or almost new they sell them for $119.99 , ($10.00 under the MSRP) WTF!!!!!

Another Item I've been looking for is a PSP and again the pawn shops they think that's like made out of GOLD or something , scratched up PSPs , sometimes w/o the charger for the same price.... $129.00 (sometimes $119.00) .......

I'm sorry .... this is like the longest post I'ever done anywhere , but I had to let it all out.

Peace[/QUOTE]

I'm at fault that you dont find anything with the sears clearance. I am normally there a day after markdown are told on here. (I only buy what I know me or my brothers will play). Lakeland alway is bad on finding cheap games. Here how I find the deals around this area. If it gamestop-go to plant city; Pawn shop-south florida ave in the bealls outlet plaza; k-mart-Winter Haven is worth the drive on markdowns; Toy-r-us-Make the long drive to lake wales (last time I check, they are so far behind on markdowns that it may be worth the drive to anyone in the tampa bay area). Other then that, lakeland is not cheapass gamers friendly.

I'm at fault that you dont find anything with the sears clearance. I am normally there a day after markdown are told on here. (I only buy what I know me or my brothers will play). Lakeland alway is bad on finding cheap games. Here how I find the deals around this area. If it gamestop-go to plant city; Pawn shop-south florida ave in the bealls outlet plaza; k-mart-Winter Haven is worth the drive on markdowns; Toy-r-us-Make the long drive to lake wales (last time I check, they are so far behind on markdowns that it may be worth the drive to anyone in the tampa bay area). Other then that, lakeland is not cheapass gamers friendly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the info.
I have been driving to the Brandon area from time to time just to get some cheap ass games , last one i got was BIOSHOCK ($20) I had to drive to the FYE in the Brandon mall and got the last one ( called ahead and asked if they had it and ask for them to hold it for me ) there's 2 FYE in Lakeland one doesn't sell games and the other had very few and the clerk there said they will stop selling games .
Anyway.... the best places here are the pawn shops , but I check them almost daily , I got , most recently God Of War II for $10.00 , Marvel Alliance and Forza 2 (both in the same case) for 12.99 [FORZA 2

I've done well in Lakeland on a few occasins, best deal was a $2 disc only Suikoden 2 that I talked down from $5 and that was pretty recent. A few weeks ago I got a cart only Knuckles Chaotix for $2 and a Complete Flashback Sega CD for $2. I also practically completely bought out the Rhino in Auberndale out of all their classic games. It was an absolute amazing haul of rares and hard to find games for SNES/GEN/DC. I actually did not think there was much competition in Lakeland, however, it appears I was wrong.

And yes, Game Attic is way overpriced, but they fixed my PC Engine Duo-R for $30 (which would have been shipping back to Japan). I was in there a few weeks back looking at imports and they had a PS2 Marvel vs Capcom 2. They were talking about the amount of "credit" they gave for the game and the guy asks how much to sticker it. The manager said $130 and the guy said okay, I already stickered it $180. The manager said that $180 was fine and they had a good laugh. My gf and I walked out of there disgusted after that, and I was about to buy some DC imports if I didn't hear that conversation.

[quote name='Will D Thrill']Burns is VERY FANCY although worth it. If you do Burns make sure it's not Side Burns (the less fancy place). The atmosphere of Burns is worth it alone (but dress up) and make sure you go upstairs for dessert. It's like an old haunted mansion inside and the dessert room is like some sacrifical/cannibal chamber. But trust me it's super cool.

I'm not sure where you're staying but here's a list of my local favorites:

Carraba's (Everywhere) - (excellent Italian), try their White Sangria and Muscles.
http://www.carrabas.com/

Bahama Breeze (Clearwater) - (not possbile to order something bad here). My favorite appetizers are the Jamacian Jerk Chicken Wings & Coconut Shrimp (everything is good).
http://www.bahamabreeze.com/

BJ's Brewhouse (Citrus Park Mall & Tyrone/Largo ??? Mall) - Excellent micro brews with a TON of excellent food. A sports bar atmosphere with a menu so huge it will take you a while to place your order. I've never seen a menu this robust before. Just order the beer sampler to get you started as you decide on what to get.
http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/

Bonefish Grill (Everywhere) - Excellent wood fire fish with a dimly lit atmosphere.
http://www.bonefishgrill.com/

If you're going to be at the St. Pete Time Forum then make sure you get the Chicken Fingers and Fries Basket. It is just SO DAMN GOOD!

Also Channelside is right down the street from the SPT Forum with a bunch or restaurants and bars. Howl at the Moon (Dueling Piano Bar), Splittsville (Bowling a nice menu selection) are probably my two favorites.
http://www.channelsidetampa.com/

I'll see if I can think of more. I live in clearwater so I don't know all of the little downtown Tampa delis and eateries like others may.[/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks me and the other two guys will appreciate knowing where to go. We are staying at a hotel near the airport and will be spending about 70% of our time covering things at the forum.

[quote name='jlarlee']Awesome thanks me and the other two guys will appreciate knowing where to go. We are staying at a hotel near the airport and will be spending about 70% of our time covering things at the forum.[/quote]

In the event that you have time to go to Ybor City (Ybor is right next to downtown, and there are streetcars running between Channelside/the Forum and Ybor until 2am) try the Columbia Restaurant (http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/). It's one of the best restaurants in the bay area, and has been around since 1905. It's a must if you like Cuban/Spanish food.

There are a lot of good resterants in general at Centro Ybor and Channelside, if you like Deli's don't forget to check out Lucky Dil in downtown, not to far from the Forum. Have fun watching Gino's team win the Final Four. I'm from Connecticut and the man is a legend up there.

[quote name='jlarlee']Awesome thanks me and the other two guys will appreciate knowing where to go. We are staying at a hotel near the airport and will be spending about 70% of our time covering things at the forum.[/quote]
Also International Plaza is very close to the airport with a ton of excellent dining (Cheesecake Factory and Capital Grill as well as a slew of others).

Just down the street (Westshore Blvd.) from International Plaza is Westshore Mall with a PF Changs and Magianos Italian as well as a couple steak places. There's also a strip club on westshore that supposedly serves a killer steak. Haven't tried it myself but people say it's pretty good. There's even two more steak places across the street from INT. Plaza, a Roys and I think a Sam Seltzers.

Its just not the same without Roufuss X_X. I wonder what happened to him, he hasn't been on CAG since the day he moved (June 2007).

Its just not the same without Roufuss X_X. I wonder what happened to him, he hasn't been on CAG since the day he moved (June 2007).

Hey all, just dropping my hat in the ring as another Bay area CAG'er. Springhill here, about 45 minutes north of Tampa. Though every wednesday I'm in Temple Terrace at Armada Games.

I was going to write something about Roufuss in my post and thought no one would remeber him:). I think Armada Games is a TGC place (Magic/Yugi/Pokemon). Ive passed by it a few times. Congrats on the job Justin, that is really going to kill your pawn shop time:)

[quote name='Segasonic01']what is Armada Games? A new game store?

On a side not, I just started a new job at Albertsons. Life sucks.[/quote]

Armada games is a tabletop game store. Board games, cards, miniatures, etc. They do magic tournaments and warhammer 40k stuff. Been around for almost 2 years now.

[quote name='Otherguy676']I was going to write something about Roufuss in my post and thought no one would remeber him:).[/QUOTE]

No one would remember? Hey, screw you, I was a legend ;)

I've been back in town for a month or two, I mean, who else would have grabbed that Odin Sphere for $16 at the Dale Mabry CC? ;)

The thing I was excited the most about, Moviestop, altered their policies shortly after I got here to get rid of the #1 reason I went there, trading in all my old movies for super cheap Blu-Ray preorders :(

Long Island really sucked compared to Tampa when it came to deals.

What is going on with all of you??

[quote name='Roufuss']No one would remember? Hey, screw you, I was a legend ;)

I've been back in town for a month or two, I mean, who else would have grabbed that Odin Sphere for $16 at the Dale Mabry CC? ;)

The thing I was excited the most about, Moviestop, altered their policies shortly after I got here to get rid of the #1 reason I went there, trading in all my old movies for super cheap Blu-Ray preorders :(

Long Island really sucked compared to Tampa when it came to deals.

What is going on with all of you??[/quote]

Welcome back to the hellhole!

Nice to see you back, though it's not like we needed the extra competition or anything. ;)

bread's done
Back