Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

damn, you missed us by minutes man. anyways we will do another one. Good luck tomorrow at USF, lucky for me, I don't have any class on mondays. :D

Well, Tampa CAGs, I got a second job. What is it, you may ask? Well, let's just say this... If you're ever driving down Dale Mabry & see someone in a Mario costume with a Play N Trade sign on the corner of DM & Fletcher, it's probably me :D

Yes, I am going to be playing Mario for 3 hours/day 2 days/week. It's actually not that bad. It can get a little boring but thats it. With pay plus employee discounts, it's well worth it ;)

I just left the Best Buy in Brandon and they had Ninja Reflex for Wii on clearance for only $5.99. It was in the Wii game section with all the regular titles and they had about 4-6 on the shelf this evening.

Already posted it in the Target Clearance thread, but the Super Target on 41 & County Line has about 15 copies of Scene it for 360. I figure $15 for the game w/ 4 controllers seemed like good enough of a deal.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Well, Tampa CAGs, I got a second job. What is it, you may ask? Well, let's just say this... If you're ever driving down Dale Mabry & see someone in a Mario costume with a Play N Trade sign on the corner of DM & Fletcher, it's probably me :D

Yes, I am going to be playing Mario for 3 hours/day 2 days/week. It's actually not that bad. It can get a little boring but thats it. With pay plus employee discounts, it's well worth it ;)[/quote]

Ha, I've seen you! I went to the Wachovia one day and stopped by Play and Trade.. not a bad place..

[quote name='aznguyen316']Is there a Play N Trade either opening or already opened in that area? Anyway I'm having a hell of a time finding a job, so props to you.[/quote]

Well that one on Dale Mabry and Fletcher hasn't been open for that long I think.. I work at the University Hospital down the road there so I pass by there all the time..

[quote name='aznguyen316']Is there a Play N Trade either opening or already opened in that area? Anyway I'm having a hell of a time finding a job, so props to you.[/quote]

Not sure if you're into data entry gigs, but in a month or so, Countrywide Mortgage should be hiring, $12 an hour to sit and type all day.

[quote name='Bezerker']Not sure if you're into data entry gigs, but in a month or so, Countrywide Mortgage should be hiring, $12 an hour to sit and type all day.[/quote]

shit that works for me, I've applied at so many places, my interviewing skills must really blow.. I'll check that place out. More suggestions welcomed! haha

Anyone know if any of the local Target's have a good selection of clearance 360 games? I wouldn't mind picking up Madden 08 or NCAA 08 just to give me something to screw around with.

So would anyone be interested in making some extra cash running to Blockbuster and trading games for me?

Just trying to get a feel for what kind of operation I can start running.

[quote name='slickkill77']Um sure what would I have to do?[/quote]

Well, I was hoping for someone more in the Tampa city limits, it would be kinda hard to get games to you in St Pete on a semi-regular basis.

It would basically consist of me giving you games to trade to Blockbuster, you trading them into Blockbuster using one of my value cards, and I pay you 15% of the total value in cash. I usually trade in $200-300 intervals, so it would average $30-$45 per trip to Blockbuster.

[quote name='Bezerker']Well, I was hoping for someone more in the Tampa city limits, it would be kinda hard to get games to you in St Pete on a semi-regular basis.

It would basically consist of me giving you games to trade to Blockbuster, you trading them into Blockbuster using one of my value cards, and I pay you 15% of the total value in cash. I usually trade in $200-300 intervals, so it would average $30-$45 per trip to Blockbuster.[/quote]

Are you blacklisted or something? Just wondering if we would get stopped for flipping if you might have? Or are you just needing more help lol

[quote name='aznguyen316']Are you blacklisted or something? Just wondering if we would get stopped for flipping if you might have? Or are you just needing more help lol[/quote]

Yea, i got banned on a corporate level because i exceeded the $10,000 trade in limit. So, as long as you can stay clear of the 10k, you should be alright.

Went to Super Target on Bruce B Downs today to check to see if they had dropped the price of Pure yet from 29.98 but all the copies were gone this time. They had 6 when I had checked earlier in the week so I don't know if they sold or were stashed somewhere. If someone finds a cheap copy of Pure new for 14.98 or less, I might be interested so feel free to pm me.

Also just an FYI if you had a hidden stash of Ninja Gaiden 2, CiV Rev, and a 120gb hard drive there, I saw some kids pull them out. They were put back in the clearance area. I checked the hard drive but it was still 129.98 or so. Ninja Gaiden was down to 14.98 and Civ Rev I think was still 29.98.

picked up marvel ultimate alliance for ps3 at the university walmart for 20 bucks. they also had silent hill for 20 bucks.... clearance bin

got a bunch of imports from that $1 games add on craigslist last week, anyone else get anything from them? They had thousands of games when i was there, however, most were in bins being held for people driving across the state, for some reason, no one claimed the Saturn / Dreamcast / Neo Geo CD impoirts

wow, it's been awhile since I've checked this topic! Berzerker, I thought you moved up North? Either way, nice to have you back in the area...

I'm still up in Gville, but I'll be home for Christmas break... maybe I can participate in some deal finding!

the pawns were really dry when I was in Tampa, found a Cart only Soul Blazer (SNES) for $3 and a complete Vanguard Bandits, however, those are flukes. Usually I find a bunch of this and last generation games, didn't see one that I even thought about purchasing, everyone was cleaned out. It must be because of the holiday season, but I expected more.

Then again, finding Vanguard Bandits was more than enough, and I am completely satisfied with that and the Craig's list deal.

In case anyone wants to over pay for a PS3 the sears essentials on mlk in st pete has a 20gb PS3 for $499.99 and 25% off since they are closing for a total of $374.99, yes thats right a discontinued item ringing up at $499.99 is not really a bargain, but it does play ps2, and ps1 games. They will not price match it, and its dusty from being hidden by some employee for the last 2 years!!!

^ lol wow that's funny.

Also, those looking for the GTA IV for $15, Hillsborough & Town & Country Blockbuster Video has tons of PS3 and 360 copies B1G1Free. Great stocking stuffers or for yourself lol.

[quote name='supermonkeyballer']In case anyone wants to over pay for a PS3 the sears essentials on mlk in st pete has a 20gb PS3 for $499.99 and 25% off since they are closing for a total of $374.99, yes thats right a discontinued item ringing up at $499.99 is not really a bargain, but it does play ps2, and ps1 games. They will not price match it, and its dusty from being hidden by some employee for the last 2 years!!!

[/quote]

I'm disappointed to hear that video games are still only 25% off there - they were 20% off about a month ago. This clearance should get somewhere good by next summer at the current rate of drops. ;)

I'm actually tempted to get that 20GB, but I can get a used 60GB at Gamestop with cheap trade credit, which seems like the better deal if I decide to get a PS3.

^^ yeah the only thing that hurts it is no wireless. The HDD can be upgraded rather easily. But no matter, I got an 80gb and has played any PS2 game I put in it. If it was in the $300 range, I'd think it's a great deal for brand new.

[quote name='supermonkeyballer']In case anyone wants to over pay for a PS3 the sears essentials on mlk in st pete has a 20gb PS3 for $499.99 and 25% off since they are closing for a total of $374.99, yes thats right a discontinued item ringing up at $499.99 is not really a bargain, but it does play ps2, and ps1 games. They will not price match it, and its dusty from being hidden by some employee for the last 2 years!!!

[/quote]

Wow, I guess Brian David lets you out of his basement after all.

[quote name='aznguyen316']^^ yeah the only thing that hurts it is no wireless. The HDD can be upgraded rather easily. But no matter, I got an 80gb and has played any PS2 game I put in it. If it was in the $300 range, I'd think it's a great deal for brand new.[/quote]

My house is wired, so that doesn't mean much to me. I just figure that my trade credit makes the 60GB cheaper. The credit has been flipped back and forth between Gamestop and Gamerush at a profit so many times that its out of pocket cost is around 20% of face value.

[quote name='elmyra']I'm disappointed to hear that video games are still only 25% off there - they were 20% off about a month ago. This clearance should get somewhere good by next summer at the current rate of drops. ;)

I'm actually tempted to get that 20GB, but I can get a used 60GB at Gamestop with cheap trade credit, which seems like the better deal if I decide to get a PS3.[/quote]

The guy in electronics said the store closes on Jan 25th. Everything in the store is original retail prices when it hit the store. There is no way that ps3 was out in open for all this time and was not clearanced. So there may never be any real savings in that place.

[quote name='GameOnJohn']I live near St. Pete in Seminole.[/quote]

Seminole, huh? Welcome to Tampa Bay CAG discussion! I wonder how many Pinellas County CAGs are around these days? It's getting hard to find deals locally at certain places like Target.

Anyone stop by any of the local Circuit City stores yet to see what they are doing so far? Reading the CC thread it sounds like different stores have different discounts. I wouldn't mind scoring some 360 points and Rb2 drums if I can find them.

[quote name='Kevinheidari']I work at uch right next door.. we need to setup a get together soon at gameworks![/quote]
I'm in. Any opportunity to get tpoints for a giant Sonic plush I can't miss. :D

[quote name='brennok']Anyone stop by any of the local Circuit City stores yet to see what they are doing so far? Reading the CC thread it sounds like different stores have different discounts. I wouldn't mind scoring some 360 points and Rb2 drums if I can find them.[/quote]

I live near the Gunn Highway/Citrus Park location. Yesterday, all games and accessories were 10% off. Still had most big ticket games (cause 10% ain't much). Only had 800 Point XBL cards for $10, but LOTS of Wii point cards.

Going to pop in every day or so to check and see if they dropped prices. Keep everyone posted.

[quote name='donniedroc']I live near the Gunn Highway/Citrus Park location. Yesterday, all games and accessories were 10% off. Still had most big ticket games (cause 10% ain't much). Only had 800 Point XBL cards for $10, but LOTS of Wii point cards.

Going to pop in every day or so to check and see if they dropped prices. Keep everyone posted.[/quote]

I am in Houston for work, and popped into a local Circuit City. All games over $50 were still 10%, $50 and lower were 20%, and game accessories are 30%. I used the 30% off to get XBL Points and Wii Points. I will have to check tomorrow when I am back in TPA to see if this discount is in Citrus Park.

Man there's no point in going to CC anywhere in Tampa.. I check the Citrus Park one and the one on Dale Mabry near 275.. 10-30 percent off already marked up prices.. I saw a logitech g15 keyboard for 10 percent off the price of a mere $112.99!! No wonder they're going out of business.

Stopped by the Target at the corner of Bruce B Downs and Fletcher, and I saw End War for the ps3 for roughly $42 (not the BT bundle, of course) and both Too Human and Fracture for the 360 around $28 at clearance.

Just a heads up.

Hey guys,

I am looking for an 80GB PS3 and I was wondering if anyone has had a PS3 sighting at any of the local Tampa Bay Area Circuit City's. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

bread's done
Back