Tank Tank Tank Wii U $20 Best Buy ($0 after @Gamer Coupon)

I got a free copy. It took them awhile to figure out what order to scan everything correctly to drop the price to zero though. Isn't this game free digitally too or is that just in the UK?
Yes, the game is free digitally but it's limited. You have to buy parts of the game as packages through the eShop.

It's honestly a better experience that way. Tank Tank Tank is an arcade styled game. You're not going to play it constantly. Having the ability to boot it up instantly is convenient.

Good luck with that. Have fun doing hundreds of dollars in game/system trades just to get enough PUR points to buy a coupon from GS to get a deal when you get the coupons with this program as part of it.

That's one thing that people who choose the PUR program over the GCU program fail to realize, is that you get the coupons in the magazine AND the ones on your RZ account as part of this program. Yet with GS you have to pay them via your banked PUR points to get similar coupons to these.
the company is losing tons of money i'm not the only one who hate's dealing with the undereducated staff who know next to nothing about the store or where anything is in the store

No more physical magazines in the store. Only a pamphlet with the coupons for sign ups/renewals. Coupons can only be used in-store. No new sign up/renewals will receive the physical magazine going forward.

These "break out" threads need to be linked back to the monthly @gamer thread with all the FAQs.

Does anyone know what the cover of the pamphlet for new sign ups looks like? I was thinking of joining but would like to receive the coupons when I do.

I'm still waiting for my physical magazine. Hopefully by the time I get it, my store still has a copy of this. I've had the four same Wii U games since Christmas haha.

Does anyone know what the cover of the pamphlet for new sign ups looks like? I was thinking of joining but would like to receive the coupons when I do.
It's usually the same as the cover of the current magazine. So GTA V should be on the cover. Mind you, we are using the term "pamphlet" to describe it, but it's not the same size as the previous c-fold sign up pamphlet. It's more like 5x8 (guessing) and heavy stock.

Well, my in-store pickup order gamble paid off beautifully. I still have a print sub and didn't have the coupons with me yesterday when the game was still available to order. So I gambled, put in an order, and stopped by BB on my way to work with the physical coupons. Was very nice to the cashier, explained the situation, and she allowed me to cancel the online order and then re-buy the game with the coupon. Everything scanned fine and I walked out with my free game. Whew!

They were out of stock completely so I'm glad I tried it. (she did initially tell me I should just grab a copy of the game off the shelf but I had checked already, and they were out and she confirmed their stock was 0)

Now to see how terrible the game really is. ;)

Thanks, how did you find this? I was able to nab a copy today thanks to this link :)

What is all this talk about the physical coupons being multi-use? They always want to keep them when I use them.

Wow.  I finally saw the gameplay trailer on Amazon.  After watching that I'm glad that the price was right on this one.  This looks like an N64 game or something.

Random question: Today was my first time ever trading something in to Best Buy, Are they supposed to put your store credit on a gift card or somehow tie it to your RZ/@Gamer account? I was given a gift card and am just curious.

Random question: Today was my first time ever trading something in to Best Buy, Are they supposed to put your store credit on a gift card or somehow tie it to your RZ/@Gamer account? I was given a gift card and am just curious.
Yep, on a gift card. The GC is not tied to anything. The trade-in is if you supplied your RZ info.

My backordered copy just shipped. I called customer service and complained so perhaps that had something to do with it

Thanks for the link - not available at the 20 closest Best Buy stores (covering 100's of miles) now according to that link. I actually wanted the damn game to play with my kids. This was also the last chance for GCU to redeem itself in my eyes - now it is worthless once again.

Just for kicks I'm going to try calling my closest store to see if they have one (since it may say unavailable even if there are a few copies).

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Best Buy's inventory locator wrong if they have 3 or less copies? I know I've picked up these GCU deals before by going in and looking on the shelves. I've found deals many times due to them having only 1-2 of an item in stock and the locator showing OOS.

Thanks for the link - not available at the 20 closest Best Buy stores (covering 100's of miles) now according to that link. I actually wanted the damn game to play with my kids. This was also the last chance for GCU to redeem itself in my eyes - now it is worthless once again.

Just for kicks I'm going to try calling my closest store to see if they have one (since it may say unavailable even if there are a few copies).
i know you are not going to like hearing this, but The early bird catches the worm. you are like a day late to the party. THis deal was posted at other deal sites as well.

i know you are not going to like hearing this, but The early bird catches the worm. you are like a day late to the party. THis deal was posted at other deal sites as well.
I fucking realize that. I wasn't about to drive 20 miles each way for the possibility (even day 1 it was not showing at the 2 closest stores). But you've just brought up another another strike against GCU - OK, so the benefits are only for people who can run out day 1 and hoard everything? Sorry, but at GS I don't have to rush quite so much to take advantage of PUR Pro.

And fuck Best Buy - I call the number listed for the store and I end up with a corporate operator who doesn't have anything to do with the local stores. See, now at GS I can call a location and have them find and hold something for me in 2 minutes. (Funny - why is it when I'm waiting in line at CS at Best Buy for a store pickup they take multiple calls from people!? The phone rep made it sound like they don't do that any more so maybe it has changed recently).

Yeah, just as I figured - all they did was look up online to see if they have it just as I already did. Gotta love Best Buy...

And yeah, ChallengeEverything, I was sort of counting on there still maybe being copies if they had less than 3. But now the only way to know for sure is to make a 100 mile round trip to 4-5 locations and look for myself.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Best Buy's inventory locator wrong if they have 3 or less copies? I know I've picked up these GCU deals before by going in and looking on the shelves. I've found deals many times due to them having only 1-2 of an item in stock and the locator showing OOS.
yeah, mine said unavailable and i went and got what seemed to be the last one. ive also found this to be the case several times in the past

the stock locator is almost 99% accurate for me.
ok, but what is that based on, basically how many times has it said unavailable and youve gone there and its been there or hasnt been there? i mean, its easy to check and it says available and you go there and get it or store pickup. i can at least think of 20 times, all the way back to a ps2 network adapter, where it said unavailable and i went by and there was 1 left. im not attacking, im just curious because ive heard it stops showing inventory when it gets low.

It's been about 50/50 for me on the stock locator. I know it was dead on with Hitman Absolution though as only the furthest store had stock of it while the other two closer had zero.

For those not wanting to drive forever I had a pick up that became unavailable. I called to have it shipped instead but their warehouse was at 0. They said there was one 30 miles away in a store and I asked to have it transferred. Said it would take 4-5 days but got them to transfer the one from 30 miles away to the one 2 miles away and should still get an email when it is ready to pick up. Worth calling and asking, I know it isn't a normal service, though it should be, but it can be done. It might be a pain in the ass for them because the employee in the store 30 miles away was asking if I was sure I couldn't just come down and pick it up because of the 4-5 day transfer time but I assured him I was willing to have it shipped which would be about the same wait and I would rather wait them spend an hour of my time driving and a few gallons of gas.

For those not wanting to drive forever I had a pick up that became unavailable. I called to have it shipped instead but their warehouse was at 0. They said there was one 30 miles away in a store and I asked to have it transferred. Said it would take 4-5 days but got them to transfer the one from 30 miles away to the one 2 miles away and should still get an email when it is ready to pick up. Worth calling and asking, I know it isn't a normal service, though it should be, but it can be done. It might be a pain in the ass for them because the employee in the store 30 miles away was asking if I was sure I couldn't just come down and pick it up because of the 4-5 day transfer time but I assured him I was willing to have it shipped which would be about the same wait and I would rather wait them spend an hour of my time driving and a few gallons of gas.
It is a normal service called OMS. I and many others have done it plenty of times in the past. Many customers (and employees) aren't aware of it. The gas companies don't want you to know about it.

Yeah, I say not a normal service because there is no way to get it without calling in and hand holding an employee through it. I don't know why they can't integrate it into the in store pick up. It only lets you ship to store for in store pick up when the central warehouse has stock, but not when other stores do. Would be nice, but on the other hand if it was all automated to pull from other stores some deals would be even harder to find in certain markets with copies of deal of the day games being pulled across markets. Maybe thats why they make you call to get it done, or maybe BB has it's head up it's own a**, either way. It wasn't even an option given to me until I asked, it was drive to the other store or cancel order. They should at least present it to you as an option when you are on the phone with a CS rep instead of making you proactively ask. Long story short, worth a phone call to avoid long drive.

As of this morning I had one local store with 2 copies, and a store further than I'd like to travel showing stock.
Still didn't get my magazine so I figured screw it, and I bought a copy for $20. I'll leave it sit until my mag arrives and then return and rebuy with coupon. As a new U owner I didn't want to miss out on someone grabbing the last two for a flip.
Switched to digital so this crap doesn't happen again.

I assume you have the physical mag/coupons. Most where snatched up by folks with the digital code for in-store pick up as soon as this thread was up. You couldn't really "hoard" this deal as you would need a coupon/account for each copy.

BB put the CS number on all store pages sometime last year. If you have a valid reason to contact the store they will make the call for you and patch you through.

Apparently BB CS has no way to look up actual stock internally. They see what we see. Why do individual stores have the capability to look up stock on hand, incoming stock, etc and corporate doesn't? Even that Premier Silver Personal Shopper thing could only order what was available on BB.com.

Get with that guy a few pages back who is buying and shipping copies at cost. Cheaper than your gas would be.
The personal shopper is a worthless service. The people that do have access to instore inventory and such are in Sales. Ask them to transfer you there. They have to search on a regional/city/state basis though IIRC.

Yeah, I say not a normal service because there is no way to get it without calling in and hand holding an employee through it. I don't know why they can't integrate it into the in store pick up. It only lets you ship to store for in store pick up when the central warehouse has stock, but not when other stores do. Would be nice, but on the other hand if it was all automated to pull from other stores some deals would be even harder to find in certain markets with copies of deal of the day games being pulled across markets. Maybe thats why they make you call to get it done, or maybe BB has it's head up it's own a**, either way. It wasn't even an option given to me until I asked, it was drive to the other store or cancel order. They should at least present it to you as an option when you are on the phone with a CS rep instead of making you proactively ask. Long story short, worth a phone call to avoid long drive.
I feel you with BB's craziness. I had :360: Dead Space 2 as part of my B2G1 yesterday. The other 2 games were in stock at 1 store and I chose Ship to Store (at a different store) for DS2. For some reason it processed as Store Pick Up (today) and they hit me with a Not Available for Pick Up. I called CS and the first lady wanted to call the store to make sure they didn't have it. I told her that it was a pre owned game and the stock locator was almost always correct on those. She put me on hold to call the store and I was disconnected. Called back and this chick was the worst. I told her to just change it to shipping and she says that pre owned games are shipped from stores where people traded them in at and no store in my area had them in stock. Ok., whatever. I just thanked her and hung up. Called back and explained my situation and this lady switched it to shipping, upgraded it to Express and waived the shipping fee. It shipped today via UPS.

ok, but what is that based on, basically how many times has it said unavailable and youve gone there and its been there or hasnt been there? i mean, its easy to check and it says available and you go there and get it or store pickup. i can at least think of 20 times, all the way back to a ps2 network adapter, where it said unavailable and i went by and there was 1 left. im not attacking, im just curious because ive heard it stops showing inventory when it gets low.
I check by going to the stores. it is basically 9 out of 10 times, the store locator has been accurate for me. when it indicates unavailable.

It is a normal service called OMS. I and many others have done it plenty of times in the past. Many customers (and employees) aren't aware of it. The gas companies don't want you to know about it.
but oms does not always work, if there is no stock in the warehouse.

I check by going to the stores. it is basically 9 out of 10 times, the store locator has been accurate for me. when it indicates unavailable.
ok, just wondering cause i usually find 1 when it says unavailable, maybe their inventory is just off

Why? The "digital" in-store coupons are unique, one-time use codes.
i assume best buy wont like people using the code online and then double dipping with the coupon in store. assuming they even can track that

ok, just wondering cause i usually find 1 when it says unavailable, maybe their inventory is just off

i assume best buy wont like people using the code online and then double dipping with the coupon in store. assuming they even can track that
this deal will not last more than a week, they will fix this by next week. This kinda of deal happened before, and it was fixed the next day.

I tried using my physical coupon after work yesterday but the deal wouldn't auto apply. They scanned my Reward Zone, scanned the game, then the coupon and nothing even after totaling it out and trying to ring it up again a second time . Game rang up at $20 but the coupon wasn't taking the extra $20 off.

:(

Store to store shipping orders are no longer allowed according to the people at my closest BB store. So unless it's something that the online warehouse has stock of still you shouldn't be able to have them do a store transfer order anymore.

Found two copies at like 8pm last night, but my magazine was all the way down at my sister's with all my other mail since I hadn't been down that way to pick any up for about a week (Moved not to long ago).   I had hoped they would have the coupon book and I could get an understanding store associate, but they apparently haven't sent the "sign up" coupon book out to stores for this month(s). Today I swung by to get my mail and decided to stop at the Best Buy near her place and found two more. So I was actually able to snag a copy for free.

Went to best buy about an hour ago, they had about 6 in stock. The coupon wouldn't work so after about 15 min of trying stuff the manager finally came by checked the website to make sure It wasn't on sale and manual gave me the discount. Got it for free!

Thanks op. Got one today at 9pm right before closing. the cashier was shocked(I also used upgrade and save coupons on blurays). This store has 3 copies left. I would have renewed my @gamer subscription to get another coupon, but the employee said they didn't get the July coupons delivered yet. They still has the June coupons on the floor with splinter cell on the cover.

I found one tonight and the CS chick was neither shocked, nor did she seem to care that it was free. Pretty cool.

bread's done
Back