Tanooki Suit Mario Keychain w/preorder of Super Mario 3D Land at Gamestop

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
what the title says. http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/super-mario-3d-land/90532?loc=hero

key chain looks like this:
170283_bonusLG.jpg

[quote name='bsmiff']Double checked what? If this is true that's pretty lame. Does the Tanooki suit at least let Mario turn into a statue? I've seen gameplay of it gliding and tail spinning but that's all.[/QUOTE]

He turns into stone, I've seen the footage of that one.

[quote name='deftoast']Yep, I just double checked. MARIO DOES NOT FLY IN SML3DS.
Is that lame or what?[/QUOTE]

That is lame.
The keychain looks flat. So who would rock this on their keychain?

He can't fly because, apparently, that would be too confusing in 3D, and they'd have to build the levels differently to support it.

This Mario keychain is available from GameStop power up rewards, so I'm guess it's something like this. Not half bad, really.

000020L.jpg

wow. i'm waiting until Tuesday to grab my copy so i can p/u AC:B at the same time. if they are out, as they tend to be on these things (cuz they give them out as soon as they get them, and never save any for the early preorders. mine's paid in full, but they didn't have them). point is, if that's really it, i may not be disappointed if that happens this time, lol. anyone still interested in buying/trading for one?

To all you people complaining. It's free and not like Gamestop made the things.

[quote name='spug21']To all you people complaining. It's free and not like Gamestop made the things.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of who made them, GS is still offering them as pre-order incentive. It's pretty pathetic to give out a 2-dimensional keychain with a 3DS game that has "3D" in the title.

[quote name='bsmiff']Regardless of who made them, GS is still offering them as pre-order incentive. It's pretty pathetic to give out a 2-dimensional keychain with a 3DS game that has "3D" in the title.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, plus at least have proper representation of the pre order item.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Agreed, plus at least have proper representation of the pre order item.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, the picture was purposefully ambiguous to hide how awful this keychain is.

Just stopped by and asked to see it at my local GS; now I won't feel bad when I get it an return the game to GS.

I think it looks alright. The fact that it's flat makes it much more practical to use than if it was a 3D figure. I like the gold backing and ring too, usually keychains are all silver in color

$%28KGrHqUOKogE6e3W3seHBOvb9V5%28b%21%7E%7E60_12.JPG

$%28KGrHqIOKpcE6d+LCEEyBOvb9Y2UQg%7E%7E60_12.JPG

I don't know why anyone is really whining so much. Is Amazon giving away anything in addition to the game? I don't even know what you guys were expecting here, did you want a little mini action figure that would obviously be harder to produce and more likely to break off the ring, not to mention the fact that it'd be more uncomfortable in your pocket. Is that what you guys wanted?

[quote name='ssjmichael']snip[/QUOTE]

Personally I wanted a little figure I could stand up, I was not going to use it as a keychain. Because of this, I'm going to cancel my order and pick this up at K-Mart, where you get a $15 gaming coupon.

I don't even like GS and I barely buy anything from them but I just don't get the entitled reaction people are having about this. I honestly don't know what people were expecting.

It could have been worse.

- It could have been made from some cheap aluminum material that bends at the slightest touch (which doesn't appear to be the case here)

- It could have been one of those puffy sticker plastic looking things

- It could have been this:

il_430xN75700387.jpg

Be thankful people, be thankful :D

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't even like GS and I barely buy anything from them but I just don't get the entitled reaction people are having about this. I honestly don't know what people were expecting.
[/QUOTE]

People acting "entitled" seems to be what CAG is all about these days. I agree, it's nothing to get up-in-arms over. Personally it's not what I was expecting, so I'll return my copy to Gamestop when it arrives and move on. No need to dwell on it more than necessary.

[quote name='bojay1997']Well, for some of us, it meant paying tax and Fry's will be selling the game for $30 this week. So, yes, giving me a flat crappy keychain is a rip off in my opinion when I had at least two cheaper options that I would have exercised if I hadn't been duped into preordering for what I assumed was a Smurf figure sized 3D keychain.[/QUOTE]

So buy your copy at Fry's and return the one to Gamestop if you're so disappointed. What's the problem here exactly?

[quote name='SteveGo']So buy your copy at Fry's and return the one to Gamestop if you're so disappointed. What's the problem here exactly?[/QUOTE]

It's not about feeling entitled. It's about being shown a picture of a 3-D looking figure and being given some cheap flat keychain. Between this and the crappy GS exclusive booklet for Fate Extra on the PSP, it's pretty clear there is no point in pre-ordering for physical items anymore. I'm not interested in defrauding Gamestop and keeping something they are giving me in exchange for buying a game. I was the moron who fell for the gimmick and therefore I will just live with it. Next time I won't fall for it.

[quote name='bojay1997']It's not about feeling entitled. It's about being shown a picture of a 3-D looking figure and being given some cheap flat keychain. Between this and the crappy GS exclusive booklet for Fate Extra on the PSP, it's pretty clear there is no point in pre-ordering for physical items anymore. I'm not interested in defrauding Gamestop and keeping something they are giving me in exchange for buying a game. I was the moron who fell for the gimmick and therefore I will just live with it. Next time I won't fall for it.[/QUOTE]
That is the reason I ordered Fate/Extra from Aksys's store. :)

[quote name='bojay1997']Well, for some of us, it meant paying tax and Fry's will be selling the game for $30 this week. So, yes, giving me a flat crappy keychain is a rip off in my opinion when I had at least two cheaper options that I would have exercised if I hadn't been duped into preordering for what I assumed was a Smurf figure sized 3D keychain.[/QUOTE]

Why are you getting mad at someone else for something you assumed?

You can cancel pre-orders if you want. Just do the following things in order:

1. Cancel pre-order at Gamestop/get your money back
2. Buy game for cheaper at Frys
3. Shut up and don't get "duped" in the future.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']You can cancel pre-orders if you want. Just do the following things in order:

1. Cancel pre-order at Gamestop/get your money back
2. Buy game for cheaper at Frys
3. Shut up and don't get "duped" in the future.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I can't. They charged my card on Thursday evening and the game has shipped per my conversation with customer service today. So, my only option is to return it. Like I said, I'm not mad and I take responsibility for being stupid enough to fall for their little 3D image and not questioning what exactly the real thing would look like. Lesson learned and I won't be preordering from them again.

^This

[quote name='eliter1']I know people are mad but when was the last time GS had a good pre-order bonus? You should have known better.[/QUOTE]

That ass creed revelations gamestop exclusive edition is by far the best pre order offer they have done in a long time

As long as I get my keychain, no complaints here. I expected it to be flat and a piece of shit, so I don't care. Plus I bought the game with trade in credit anyway.

[quote name='strait edge follower']That ass creed revelations gamestop exclusive edition is by far the best pre order offer they have done in a long time[/QUOTE]

What's with you and 'ass'?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']As long as I get my keychain, no complaints here. I expected it to be flat and a piece of shit, so I don't care. Plus I bought the game with trade in credit anyway.[/QUOTE]

Lol!:lol:

------ The Mario Keychain is a photoshopped version of the Mario image taken from Mario Facebook page (facebook DOT com/NintendoMario) and they the keychain and circle....

There you have it, no everyone knows. :)

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']What's with you and 'ass'?

Lol!:lol:[/QUOTE]

Well the word assassins has the word ass in it twice so why not abbreviate it

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']Well the word assassins has the word ass in it twice so why not abbreviate it[/QUOTE]

If you show me your Modern Warfare HARDENED Edition, I might let you play with my AssASSin Creed.:booty::cool:

bread's done
Back