Target Ad 11/3-11/9: Buy 2 Get 1 Free Video Games, Movies, Board Games, Books and Music

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Buy 2 Get 1 Free Video Games*

*Select video games are excluded (ad doesn't state which). Count on Pokémon to be one of the for sure and most likely first party Switch titles

-Returns are prorated, so if you get three like-priced items it's essentially 33% off each item.

-Yes they are going "jack the prices up to MSRP". They always do. Your not the first one to notice this 👌🏻.

-Despite this, occasionally you can catch the prices for lower on Target.com. Sometimes Target.com is matching some other retailers deal and sometimes you can pair it with this offer. For the first few hours or first few days even.

-Target's website usually updates around 3am-4am

-No, you can't buy a game now and then exchange it later this month for a game that hasn't been released yet. Unless you can sweet talk the guest services worker.

-You can price match other retailers and then get the cheapest item free. It's technically against price match policy but the point of sale will allow so best of luck.

-REDcard saves you 5% as always.

One interesting tidbit from this morning’s transaction. Employee tried to tell me the sale didn’t start until Thursday.....because they were reading the release date of Just Dance 2020 on the front page.

If you're a fan of smaller titles, this sale is pretty good online. Bought Astroneer, Risk of Rain 2 & Forager for $60 total. My friend picked up Sparklite, Stranded Sails & Astroneer for the same.

I'll doubt they will put any nintendo exclusives on these kind of deal for a while.
True, but a lot of first party Nintendo titles are currently going for $44 at Walmart/Amazon and $45 at Best Buy (before GCU), which is very similar to what a B2G1 free sale would have been on $60 titles.

Question about the physical Resident Evil games.
Do you need the cartridge installed to play the games not on the cartridge?

Also, is this like the Japanese release of FFX, where the Japanese version had all the games on cartridge, while the US version only had 1 game with all the additional features and games were download only?

I pre-ordered Need for Speed Heat last week since it was part of the promo, today I get an email saying that shipping is going to be delayed until 11/22. What the heck.

Has anyone price matched Target's B2G1 free deal at Best Buy?

Gonna try to get Death Stranding at my Target but if it's a no go, then maybe Best Buy might be willing.

I  surprisingly got Modern Warfare, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Death Stranding

it must depend on how nice the Target worker is

I surprisingly got Modern Warfare, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Death Stranding

it must depend on how nice the Target worker is
Target workers' at my local Target must hate my guts. Didn't let me have it. Then again, I had 3 clearance games for less than $6.

So I didn't press the fact it nowhere specifically stated on the signage that clearance games are excluded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to get Death Stranding, Modern Warfare, & Catherine Full Body, So I'm pretty stoked.

Definitely YMMV tho. Fortunately, my Target dude was cool & allowed it. It also helped too that he didn't get why a new game like Modern Warfare works but not Death Stranding. So maybe there's room there to convince your target worker if you combine it with some new games.

bread's done
Back