Target ad 3/16-23 yoshi 3ds xl with $30gc, Save $20 deal is back!

neonon19s

CAGiversary!
Hey just saw the target ad over at blu-Ray
Video game deals
Yoshi 3ds xl system $199.99
*all 3ds xl come with a $30 gc

Couple of 3ds games at Msrp

Titanfall Xbox one bundle $499.99

4gb Xbox 360 $179.99 w/ $25 gc

Save $20 on
Fifa 14(360/ps3),
GTAV (360/ps3),
COD:ghost(360/ps3),
Lego movie game(ps4/xbone),
Nba2k14(360/ps3),
Assassins Creed Black Flag(360/ps3),
Skylanders Swapforce(Wii)
with $1 reservation cards

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up 1 at my local target. They only had 4 in stock. Weird thing is these new Yoshi 3ds system doesn't come with the circular sealed stickers like the other systems. Did anyone notice that?
Yeah it's been brought up in other threads. New trend by Nintendo I guess; none of the 2DS or WII U systems have seals either

Yeah it's been brought up in other threads. New trend by Nintendo I guess; none of the 2DS or WII U systems have seals either
This just seems like it's asking for fraud like crazy. Already seen people talking about taking the Wind Waker codes but how long until people start swapping out what's inside? We all know it's coming because it always does when there's a huge hole like that and plenty of CSR that don't go past glancing at what they're dealing with.

This just seems like it's asking for fraud like crazy. Already seen people talking about taking the Wind Waker codes but how long until people start swapping out what's inside? We all know it's coming because it always does when there's a huge hole like that and plenty of CSR that don't go past glancing at what they're dealing with.
In most cases customer service has to match the serial number on the box to the system one so if they don't bother to do it that's on them for being incompetent.

How are you guys getting the price match at the registers? I have asked before and they send me over to customer service? Do you take a couple little things with the games over to customer service.

I would like to get COD: Ghost and AC4 if I can get them for about $11 and $15 w/ price match

How are you guys getting the price match at the registers? I have asked before and they send me over to customer service? Do you take a couple little things with the games over to customer service.

I would like to get COD: Ghost and AC4 if I can get them for about $11 and $15 w/ price match
PM only is done at customer service in my area. Last go around I just took the game and preorder card. They price matched the game (doing their normal policy of looking it up on their ipad) and then I handed the card. They have never questioned me during any of these promos. The system automatically does the additional discount. Note for me it isn't highly profile since I am not trying to buy multiple copies. Now if you want extra items, customer service can fully ring you out.

PM only is done at customer service in my area. Last go around I just took the game and preorder card. They price matched the game (doing their normal policy of looking it up on their ipad) and then I handed the card. They have never questioned me during any of these promos. The system automatically does the additional discount. Note for me it isn't highly profile since I am not trying to buy multiple copies. Now if you want extra items, customer service can fully ring you out.
Ok Thanks for the reply. They only do it at CS here also.

I need to get a few regular things and thought I would grab the 2 games with price match if they would work today. Ill give it a go a little later. Gotta get a couple groceries and will try and check out at customer service.

Going to Target now to get AC4 and CoD: Ghost for $12/each. Throwing in some fluff items to throw off the transaction. I do need a new frying pan so that works.

went to Target today and got the Yoshi XL. also got them to price match best buy's sale on Animal Crossing, so i was able to use the $30 gift card on that. so even though the system didn't come with a free game, i ended up getting one anyway :)

went to Target today and got the Yoshi XL. also got them to price match best buy's sale on Animal Crossing, so i was able to use the $30 gift card on that. so even though the system didn't come with a free game, i ended up getting one anyway :)
You're getting two free games, actually, once you register the game and system on Club Nintendo. :D

no Yoshi 3DS at the Target i went to but was happy to see the $20 off The Lego Movie game applied to the WII U version-$29.99 and a $5 gift card when i pick up SSB...was also on the 3DS version making it $9.99

I wouldn't be surprised to see more games than listed take advantage of the $20 off deal. Last time they had this, I got Kingdom Hearts HD and Batman Blackgate for Vita with the reservation card deal and neither were listed in the ad. Price match with Amazon or Best Buy and you get some major savings. I got Kingdom Hearts 1.5 LE for $9.xx after price matching/reserve card.
wait what, so you can basically get $20 off any current gen game?

Just got back from Target. I picked up 3 :ps3: CoD: Ghost, 1  :ps3: AC4 and 2  :360: AC4. The guy was fine with price matching Amazon for all the games. I than took out my frying pan I was buying and the 6 pre-order cards so he can ring those up. the price dropped to $80. He told me he wants to make sure he can do the deal. Nothing wrong with that. Took him 15 minutes but he came back and said I can't get all of them. But he said I can get 1 of each if I wanted to. I asked if I can just use multiple cards and he said I can't. I end up getting 2  :ps3: CoD: Ghost. My friend paid for 1  :ps3: AC4 and 1  :ps3: CoD: Ghost for me.

So I got 3  :ps3: CoD: Ghost and 1  :ps3: AC4 for $56. Keeping 1 CoD and the AC4. The rest will be birthday gifts.

Thanks for the deal!

1625549_588172561277108_761261939_n.jpg

To everyone telling me that I couldn't get $20 off Super Smash Bros: the manager told me that since it is shown I will in fact be getting $20 off when I purchase it.

To everyone telling me that I couldn't get $20 off Super Smash Bros: the manager told me that since it is shown I will in fact be getting $20 off when I purchase it.
lol. no. How are you even going to make that happen over 2 months from now?

lol. no. How are you even going to make that happen over 2 months from now?
I'm not going to make it happen. I'm going to buy it, if they don't honor $20 off, I'll ask for the manager, it will most likely be the same manager, show him the ad and since he was the one that told me how this works he will honor the price.

I'm not going to make it happen. I'm going to buy it, if they don't honor $20 off, I'll ask for the manager, it will most likely be the same manager, show him the ad and since he was the one that told me how this works he will honor the price.
yeah, gl with that, considering the ad will be way out of date by then.

Stop trying to game the system lol.

Did you at least reserve something?

yeah, gl with that, considering the ad will be way out of date by then.

Stop trying to game the system lol.

Did you at least reserve something?
I reserved smash bros.
And I am not trying to game the system. This is how it is advertised. It says "Save $20 on games shown when you reserve a title for $1." Then it shows 6 titles, right next to that and says "reserve now" can you explain to me how that is gaming the system? It is following the ad.

Whatever you say. GL getting them to honor an add 2 months later. its not even how this promo works at all. It has never worked that way and will never work that way. If it said "reserve a game and save $20 on reserved titled" sure but that's not what its saying at all. There isn't even a way to make that work.

if you really want to try and scam them, you might want to get it in writing from the manager.

Oh and you are trying to get $20 off Smash Bros when it releases? LOL thats even better. It doesnt even have a release date and you expect them to just take $20 off months later? It might not even be out till the end of the year.

Thanks, the manager explained this to me. If this isn't how it works the manager is wrong and I'm only out $1 nbd...

I don't mean to be hard on you but the general lack of common sense ive seen on CAG lately with deals is just amazing.
... Once again, the manager explained this to me. Save 20 on games shown, smash bros is shown. Done. It makes sense based on the ad. If they said "Save 20 on games BELOW" it would be 100% supportive for what you're saying.

I don't mean to be hard on you but the general lack of common sense ive seen on CAG lately with deals is just amazing.
It's more or less because reading and common sense is no longer fundamental and not necessary to survive. That and entitlement is at an all time high.

I could go into target, leave my dignity at the door and throw a temper tantrum and I'm pretty sure they'd allow me to get away with whatever I wanted.

It's more or less because reading and common sense is no longer fundamental and not necessary to survive. That and entitlement is at an all time high.
You should practice what you preach. Reading and common sense are** no longer fundamental...

There's some slight deals to be had if you price match amazon. Most notably ACIV:: Black Flag for $10 after $20 off. Even at that price though I don't really feel like buying it.
You don't even have to price match Amazon...I just got back from Target, and price matched their own website, where ACIV: Black Flag is also $29.99.

I'm just saying he is criticizing people based on their ability to read when he obviously lacks the ability to read for his own grammatical errors. 

Looks like you can price mstch Amazon for Xbox One and PS4 Lego Movie for 49.96 and get them for 29.96. In case its not been posted.

In most cases customer service has to match the serial number on the box to the system one so if they don't bother to do it that's on them for being incompetent.
This has never happened to me when I price match games at Target. At BB they did this to me once for a NewEgg price match since their was no image on the game page.

I was able to bring my yoshi 3ds to Targets CS, today, and got the $30 gc, w/o having to re-buy. 

Im not sure if its ymmv, but the girl is the one who suggested doing it that way. Since the 14 day pm excludes GC offers, i didnt think it would be that easy. I thought i would have to return, and rebuy. So if your Target is OOS, its worth trying.

This isnt as limited as the pikachu 3ds', but i still think its more limited than pokemon/zelda/mario luigi.

This has never happened to me when I price match games at Target. At BB they did this to me once for a NewEgg price match since their was no image on the game page.
I'm pretty sure the comment was in regard to Nintendo no longer putting sticker seals on their hardware. Not because of price matching. Usually when someone returns a piece of hardware, the store checks the SN with the box.

I went back to the Target I bought my Yoshi 3DS XL at and had no problems getting an adjustment for my giftcard. The rep did a return/rebuy and instead of a giftcard he offered me the $32.68 difference refunded back to my debit card. Then as a bonus for me I picked up two Lego Movie 3DS games for $23 and change with the $1 game preorder sale. The game is on sale for $29.99 and also works with the advertised deal, so $10.99 plus tax.

I went back to the Target I bought my Yoshi 3DS XL at and had no problems getting an adjustment for my giftcard. The rep did a return/rebuy and instead of a giftcard he offered me the $32.68 difference refunded back to my debit card. Then as a bonus for me I picked up two Lego Movie 3DS games for $23 and change with the $1 game preorder sale. The game is on sale for $29.99 and also works with the advertised deal, so $10.99 plus tax.
actually receipt just says adjustment and maybe that's why he offered a refund instead of the $30 giftcard. Idk but I'm happy!

Thanks to whomever mentioned the $29.99 TRU.com price for Ghosts--I had no problem PMing that and the $29.99 Target.com price for AC4 and getting both for $9.99+tax after MK8 and SSB :)wiiu:) preorder cards.

My Target had 12 Yoshi 3DS XL's (3 boxes of 4).  I was the first person to buy one at about 8PM Sunday.

I'm very surprised no one was interested in it all day, especially with it being in the ad, with a $30 gift card.  

I think it's well done, packaging and all, so I'm content.  But, I'd imagine Yoshi has a younger demographic fan base, so it might not have the same wide appeal as Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. 

Yoshi might have an older audience since there aren't that many Yoshi games and when there were it was years ago. All the fans are older now.
In addition, this is about the fourth or fifth special edition 3DS or 3DSXL Nintendo has released in the past two years and frankly, most people have probably already picked one or more up at this point.

In addition, this is about the fourth or fifth special edition 3DS or 3DSXL Nintendo has released in the past two years and frankly, most people have probably already picked one or more up at this point.
^ Yep. Nintendo is milking it and fans are catching on. Variety is nice---but unless they decrease the print size or limit the retailers that are going to be carrying these they are going to hang around forever.

Doesn't help that consumers have seen the 3DS XL systems hit $150 a few times, and $160-$180 multiple times so very few are going to want to pick these up at MSRP unless they have to have it.

^ Yep. Nintendo is milking it and fans are catching on. Variety is nice---but unless they decrease the print size or limit the retailers that are going to be carrying these they are going to hang around forever.

Doesn't help that consumers have seen the 3DS XL systems hit $150 a few times, and $160-$180 multiple times so very few are going to want to pick these up at MSRP unless they have to have it.
I think fans are burnt out because they got too greedy with the Zelda/Mario and luigi bundles and made them too plentiful. If Nintendo wants people to buy a new 3ds xl every few months they need to make them more rare.

I got denied the PM with promo. Apparently it's excluded in their price-match details...not sure if it's been there before or not, but this was also the first time I've had a rep that seemed to know their stuff in several years...Still happy with my Lego Movie 3DS for $11 though.

Item exclusions:

• Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion

My Target had 12 Yoshi 3DS XL's (3 boxes of 4). I was the first person to buy one at about 8PM Sunday.

I'm very surprised no one was interested in it all day, especially with it being in the ad, with a $30 gift card.

I think it's well done, packaging and all, so I'm content. But, I'd imagine Yoshi has a younger demographic fan base, so it might not have the same wide appeal as Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon.
Same here, except there were 8 of them. I really wanted and had planned to use the gc on YNI, but with a bummer 64 on Metacritic, I bought the latest Layton instead.

ok so if someone can help me through this. I just pick up one those reservation cards that are $1 or do I tell an associate to get one? Then take the card and tell them I want this particular game and have it price matched then use the $1 card to bring it down on its own? 

ok so if someone can help me through this. I just pick up one those reservation cards that are $1 or do I tell an associate to get one? Then take the card and tell them I want this particular game and have it price matched then use the $1 card to bring it down on its own?
Pick up a preorder card yourself in the electronics department before speaking with an associate. Ask him/her for the game you'd like (eligible for the $20 off), and mention that you'd like to price-match a lower price for the game. After the price-match has been done (either in the electronics department or up at customer service), but before you pay, pull out the preorder card and mention "Oh, I wanted to get this, too", or something along those lines, and the $20 will come off automatically, assuming the associate doesn't refuse to scan the preorder card.

bread's done
Back