Target Ad 4/17-4/23: No Game Sales This Week

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
:wiiu: Star Fox Zero - $59.99

No other game listings this week, but you know, they sell other stuff too.

Ferrari Racer can make a gif though.

Last edited by a moderator:
:wiiu: Star Fox Zero - $59.99

No other game listings this week, but you know, they sell other stuff too.

Ferrari Racer can make a gif though.
I was trying to come up with a joke about there being "Zero" released this week but, nothing came out sounding even remotely good.

I find that most deals are now Cartwheel exclusives, in order to get more people to download and use the app.
Actually it's a little deeper than that.

Most stores will not match any price/discount that is done through an app or requires a membership.

This way, many sales can stay exclusive to certain stores with out competition matching or going lower.

I know stores in my area refuse to match deals where you're required to have the store card (CVS, Stop & Shop, Kroger, Rite Aid, Big Lots) to get the sale discount.

I kinda feel like this should be stickied for the next week, but locked, with no posts or content, just that tagline.

"No Game Sales This Week"

litepink, why post it then?
Software Etc. has Star Fox Zero for $99.99 so I thought posting the Target price was a deal. Also, if I don't get to post the ad a little part of me dies.

Serious answer: I think that weekly ads are a different kind of beast, and that regardless of the strength of the deals, or if there even IS a deal, they should be posted. Yes, this goes clearly against the "rules" of this subforum but so many other posts and threads do anyways. I don't see harm in informing others of the lack of deals for a major retailer when the ad usually gets stickied every week.

To each their own. You know perhaps I could have PM'd Beatles who authored the current week's ad and he could have amended the ad to "include" this ad too. I've tried that before and never get a response but Beatles is pretty active here so I could have gone that route.

Hey guys, I've never posted here before so I'm probably an obnoxious asshole and deserve a lot of hate for this post--but I thought I should mention that I was at Target moments ago and they had a sign up offering a 30% Off voucher if you preorder a game. Dunno if this has been posted anywhere and YMMV of course. Enjoy!

Hey guys, I've never posted here before so I'm probably an obnoxious asshole and deserve a lot of hate for this post--but I thought I should mention that I was at Target moments ago and they had a sign up offering a 30% Off voucher if you preorder a game. Dunno if this has been posted anywhere and YMMV of course. Enjoy!
Thanks, but that's because it's one of this week's deals: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/355474-target-ad-410-416/

Welcome to CAG regardless.

This week, In a galaxy far far away

Star Wars TFA SPOILERS

bCcKpsK.gif

I find that most deals are now Cartwheel exclusives, in order to get more people to download and use the app.
Yet the dirtbags can't bother to give us a UWA for W10. So, I'll just continue to not buy stuff there because I hate having to bring my sister with me any time I want to go to Target.

Gotta get YouTube Red
I'll do the opposite and stick to AdBlock, because middle finger to Google's age gates and ads and general annoyances.

I'm amused that there's more posts than usual when there's not even a deal.
Really? That's seems like standard on the Internet. The more room to complain, the more show up to provide those complaints. We're a bunch of cynical crybabies on here.

You get Google Play All Access Music included with it.
Never even heard of that, nor does it add an value to have some kind of music service that offers me...well, nothing. I have the music I want locally stored. Chowing down on data to stream lower quality versions of the music for more money than buying it seems like a foolish thing. Unless you're extremely fickle, I've never quite gotten why people want to pay so much to rent music.

Never even heard of that, nor does it add an value to have some kind of music service that offers me...well, nothing. I have the music I want locally stored. Chowing down on data to stream lower quality versions of the music for more money than buying it seems like a foolish thing. Unless you're extremely fickle, I've never quite gotten why people want to pay so much to rent music.
Well let's see, a subscription gives you access to everything in the world including new stuff for less than $10 including radio without ads and endless skips. Not subscribing you pay per album, often more than the cost of one month or pay for radio service with no ads but don't have access to entire albums. Even if you still download illegally, you can't simply download all that music and have it stored where you can access it to match a less than $10 subscription.

Well let's see, a subscription gives you access to everything in the world including new stuff for less than $10 including radio without ads and endless skips. Not subscribing you pay per album, often more than the cost of one month or pay for radio service with no ads but don't have access to entire albums. Even if you still download illegally, you can't simply download all that music and have it stored where you can access it to match a less than $10 subscription.
Depends on how small/large your taste in music is. If I want to listen to music almost daily, I'm paying $120/year. Many of the CDs I get are under $10 each new, if I order them at once (so the shipping doesn't wreck me). So, there probably aren't 12 new CDs for me to buy each year to equal that $120/year spending. Granted, I have a lot of older stuff I missed out on years ago that I now want to buy. There's also some stuff the streaming services won't offer, mostly the small band stuff that is given away on a place like Soundcloud or Noisetrade.

So, unless you would normally by a dozen-plus albums in a year, or you've never bought CDs in the past, I'll disagree. Also, the record label I buy most of my music from has great sales multiple times/year, Last month, it was 75% off all CDs, including the brand new ones (which went from $8 to $2). Last year, I got a box of 30 CDs for $30. Right before that, I bought from their Black Friday sale and got 9 CDs for about $25 shipped. I also just bought 9 more CDs from someone on another site for $32. Much cheaper than the $10-15/CD you pay going to Wal-Mart or something.

Streaming also lose license to songs. Just look at playlists for indie/foreign/etc music on Spotify. If it's more than a year old, like half the songs are no longer there.

And they usually have the widest release album tracks. For example, the Chvrches album has 11 songs. My CD has 14. One of the missing songs is like the second best song on the album, so it's not like it's trash songs either.

If someone only listens to like Top 40 or something, yea, streaming is definitely going to be cheaper.

And they usually have the widest release album tracks. For example, the Chvrches album has 11 songs. My CD has 14. One of the missing songs is like the second best song on the album, so it's not like it's trash songs either.
It has nothing to do with the "widest release album tracks," it has to do with standard and deluxe versions of albums. The standard version of said Chvrches album has 11 tracks. The deluxe/special edition is the version with 14 tracks. You paid extra for those songs. It's very common for music streaming services to only pay for the rights for the standard album.

I disappointed a lot of people today.... so here's this

Star Wars TFA SPOILERS

bCcKpsK.gif
Thanks ALOT for RUINING the new star wars... I was JUST about to start watching the other 6 movies to catch up to this one too!

:wall:

bread's done
Back