Target Ad 8/17-8/23

Twitter

Banned
buy 1 2DS system get 1 40% off (it's $129.99)

buy plants vs zombies garden warfare (x1/ps4 = $39.99 or ps3/360 = $29.99) and a big bag Cheetos and get $10 gift card

disney infinity or skylanders swap force starter packs $29.99

buy 2 get 1 free all skylanders swap force characters

free lego movie video game when you buy the mario wii u console

lego marvel on wii u for $19.99

trade in any game and get $10 extra towards madden 15

#welcum

Last edited by a moderator:
That Disney Infinity deal is very tempting. Then again the 2nd game is coming out next month.

That Disney Infinity deal is very tempting. Then again the 2nd game is coming out next month.
I agree its very tempting so I think I'm going to go ahead and get it on sunday too but curious to know what you mean that the 2nd game is coming out next month?

Wow I didn't know that. Is a whole new line of toys coming out? Ill have to research a bit
Indeed so. Sadly, they killed any and all interest I had in Infinity 2.0 when they based it around Marvel. I have 0 interest in that crap, I just want to play as ACTUAL Disney characters (and maybe some Star Wars ones).

Indeed so. Sadly, they killed any and all interest I had in Infinity 2.0 when they based it around Marvel. I have 0 interest in that crap, I just want to play as ACTUAL Disney characters (and maybe some Star Wars ones).
so the 2.0 characters won't work with the portal and game from the first one

so the 2.0 characters won't work with the portal and game from the first one
They should work just fine. The same holds true for Skylanders, where things are forwards-compatible all the time. My lack of interest is just that I'd have to buy a game loaded with crap I'm not interested in for $75.

My typo misreadings of this post:

1. "wife's pants": How do you feed pants, and why do Cheetos factor in?
2. "wife's parents": Are her parents allergic to Cheetos?

Finally, I made it to "wife's plants," and realized you planned to kill your wife's plants.
that dit it for me. Thanks man!

No. The 2.0 characters should NOT work on the original portal. The original characters WILL work on the 2.0 portal.
From the official FAQ:

Will my Disney Infinity Figures work in Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition)?
Yes, all of the characters from Disney Infinity are playable in the Toy Box in Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) – all stats and upgrades intact.

Will my Disney Infinity Base work in Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition)?
Yes, your current Disney Infinity Base will work in Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) as long as it's the same console.

Will my Disney Infinity Power Discs work in Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition)?
Yes, you can use all Disney Infinity Power Discs in Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition).

I traded in a phone and got a $25 bonus. It was an extra sheet that printed out and he have to me to use when buying the phone. I imagine that is how this $10 coupon will work for Madden.

Can we buy the madden game with the $10 bonus, then return the game and basically get the $10 back in the refund?

the receipt shows how much you paid.  if you return without a receipt maybe, but at that point you are stealing so you may as well just shoplift madden and save a few steps - and maybe even get free room and board courtesy of your local sheriffs dept.

These guys with their overthetop nonsense. Take a deal and maximize it but outright fraud is grounds for a beat down.
What fraud? Turning it into credit? I didn't say anything about return without receipt. There is no money being taken away. Store credit can only be spent at Target. You assholes assume too much.

What fraud? Turning it into credit? I didn't say anything about return without receipt. There is no money being taken away. Store credit can only be spent at Target. You assholes assume too much.
Chill out man, I'm not sure he was referring to your post but the one below it instead.

At the rate these things are bring in money damn near everything will have a line. I personally would never touch them as I see them as pure money grab designed to have you funnel far too much money in one game. Charge a $150 for the disc no figures needed just the characters put 125-150 characters in done. Not like you can expect their targeted market to play this one game all yr long.

I remember during the 1st wave I did a delivey to GS & some dad put out system money for the game + all the figures that were available ATM b/c he didn`t want his son bugging him for new figures. During general convo I asked him if he knew others would be coming out later along with it probably becoming an annual franchise, at first he said oh well then he looked at the receipt again.

Can we buy the madden game with the $10 bonus, then return the game and basically get the $10 back in the refund?
No, the $10 is a coupon, so it just reduces the price you pay, along with the price you would be refunded if you decided to return the game.

If you know anything about returns, you should know the coupon's value doesn't get returned to you. You essentially lose your coupon on a return. The only way to get your store credit, is to return without a receipt and try to weasel your way into the full value amount of the item. That's just shady. Now do you understand?

As far as the other shit I write, it's called hyperbole.

Does anyone know if you can use the $10 coupon/card w/e it is for Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare for that game purchase? or does it have to be for something else?

Would it stack with the $5 bonus they give you for claiming your pre-order card as well?

Does anyone know if you can use the $10 coupon/card w/e it is for Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare for that game purchase? or does it have to be for something else?

Would it stack with the $5 bonus they give you for claiming your pre-order card as well?
the free $10 GC is activated during the game purchase transaction so you cant use it for the game. it's only good for future transaction. it should stack with the preorder card

TornAggravatingEel.gif

Turns out the Cheetos offer isn't out of generosity, there's fucking CHEETOS DLC for PVZGW.

I'm not even mad, this is just amazing.

TornAggravatingEel.gif

Turns out the Cheetos offer isn't out of generosity, there's fucking CHEETOS DLC for PVZGW.

I'm not even mad, this is just amazing.
Since all the DLC so far has been free, can't really blame them taking aquafina & cheetos money for silly costumes :p

Why the fuck does Twitter always get low stars? You guys suck, at least leave criticism.

Thanks Twitter. God bless ya.

So if I price match Amazon's X1 PVZGW for 29.79 and buy a bag of cheetos in the same transaction it should come out to 19.79?

ya but target dont sell small bags of cheetos. they only sell the big family size ones that are like $3.xx right? even tho you may say cheetos is worth something but its not exactly $10 off if you have to spend 3-4 bucks first

I was planning on getting PvZGW for the PS4 when I get my Destiny bundle, but if the $10 coupon does work on PvZ I may get it.

ya but target dont sell small bags of cheetos. they only sell the big family size ones that are like $3.xx right? even tho you may say cheetos is worth something but its not exactly $10 off if you have to spend 3-4 bucks first
Depends on the Cheetos TIV
$3 @ Gamestop w/PUR
$2.75 @ BestBuy w/GCU

I was planning on getting PvZGW for the PS4 when I get my Destiny bundle, but if the $10 coupon does work on PvZ I may get it.
Unless your stuck with Target credit it be greatly cheaper OOP to get the destiny bundle from BB using the movers coupon for $405+ tax & the $10 pre-order credit. Then wait 2 weeks and make PvZ at least $15 cheaper.

Hell if you have 4 mover`s coupons you`d save over $100 OOP & get PvZ completely free. For that type of savings even if I had tons of target credit it would be worth it to spend "real" money elsewhere & either attempt to move the credit or save it for other deals.

So if I price match Amazon's X1 PVZGW for 29.79 and buy a bag of cheetos in the same transaction it should come out to 19.79?
According to NeoMonk's post, bags of cheetos will have $10 off coupons. If that holds true, possible PM, $10 off and $10 Target GC. Might require 2 bags of doritos (one to get the coupon, then one to buy with the game for the GC), probably not, but not sure.

Does anybody know what's up with the trade-in deal for Madden? Can you only trade in one game or can you trade in as many as you want?

Does anybody know what's up with the trade-in deal for Madden? Can you only trade in one game or can you trade in as many as you want?
I saw the ad this morning and don't remember the exact wording for the promo but you get a $10 off coupon for Madden, so its basically like the best buy deal. I assume you can only use only coupon when buying madden

Edit: just looked at it. It says you get a $10 coupon for madden 15 with trade in. Limit one coupon per guest

any good game to trade to target for the $10off coupon? most of target's TIVs are pretty low so I dont see anything that's good for trading in without losing too much $

bread's done
Back